Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Fabricated posted:

It's okay she'll get a huge boost in popularity when Horikoshi kills her in the Act 3 opening

I can't recall any post in this thread ever leaving me more unhappy than this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

symbolic posted:

I can't recall any post in this thread ever leaving me more unhappy than this one.
To be fair if this IS leading to Act 3 and not just the final battle, AND he has the balls to do the Infinity War-level culling to open Act 3 he's gonna probably kill a bunch of people.

for real though he'll probably just kill adults; Hawks and Endeavor better have life insurance policies, and All Might better hope those flags still aren't good. Throw some dice for the UA faculty too.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Fabricated posted:

To be fair if this IS leading to Act 3 and not just the final battle, AND he has the balls to do the Infinity War-level culling to open Act 3 he's gonna probably kill a bunch of people.

That's one way to get Shinso into Class A.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Question for everyone: Why do you think Horikoshi killed Magne (aside from the obvious two answers of "Establish Chisaki's credibility and how dangerous his Quirk is" and "Raise the stakes")? Did he honestly not see her character going anywhere?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Junpei posted:

Question for everyone: Why do you think Horikoshi killed Magne (aside from the obvious two answers of "Establish Chisaki's credibility and how dangerous his Quirk is" and "Raise the stakes")? Did he honestly not see her character going anywhere?
The first one. As for why her specifically, dunno- it could've been Spinner, Magne, or Compress who got blown up.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It's possible he just saw her as the least interesting of league members, particularly quirk wise.

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be
drew test pages for all the potential victims and decided magne exploded the best

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Junpei posted:

Compress's utility as a plot device later on likely made him too important to kill off, Toga's almost certainly making it to the end of the series, Dabi has Todoroki plot to resolve, and Spinner's got really high odds of dying later to show Shigaraki's really done loving around with people not marching to his drum.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Well uh this is a shock.
https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/253/page/1

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Kaminari u fuckin traitor

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Since I don't have a Viz sub I'm going to assume this is a Vigilantes reference?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Is this a real chapter? The art doesn't seem like Horikoshi's, and the translation is... kind of insane, yo.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Xarbala posted:

Since I don't have a Viz sub I'm going to assume this is a Vigilantes reference?

Yes

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Did I miss something in this chapter?

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
Huh. This isn't really a spoiler, but this chapter's reveal makes a lot more sense if you've read the Vigilantes spin-off, or at least the last ten chapters of it or so.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

TheKingofSprings posted:

I think RareAcumen’s just making a joke about how people were saying that Kaminari’s the traitor

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

At this point I think Vigilantes has to be considered canon.

TheKingofSprings posted:

He's just joking.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

RareAcumen posted:

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005
From White Cloud to Black Duty, is it?

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Agronox posted:

From White Cloud to Black Duty, is it?

White Cloud to Black Mist to be exact.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

SKULL.GIF posted:

At this point I think Vigilantes has to be considered canon.
Hopefully it won't mean anything bad for Captain Celebrity.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Vigilantes has always been canon! Who’s been saying that it isn’t?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Am I misunderstanding, or is he saying that Kurogiri is a Nomu? :psyduck:

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
out of all the chapters that had to be 15 pages

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yuuup. One using a friend of Aizawa and Mic as a basis, even.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

I believe that is correct, yes.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
That must have been some good planning on Vigilantes part. The timing is pretty perfect.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

This is just really weird. So Kurogiri's a Nomu. But we know Nomus are just mindless dolls, while we've seen Kurogiri show sentience and character. So does that mean Kurogiri's some sort of super special prototype?

One thing I'm curious about is whether this is actually Shirakumo's consciousness, or if they just used his body and stuck someone else's brain into him. Shirakumo in Vigilantes was more of an upbeat airhead which doesn't really match how Kurogiri was more of a levelheaded caretaker to Shigaraki.

Mulderman posted:

That must have been some good planning on Vigilantes part. The timing is pretty perfect.

This sort of continuity synergy is just like in western comic books. Hori's really stepping up his game in taking inspiration from it. :allears:

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Some very good Mina in this chapter

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Can't believe Bakugou murdered Deku like that.

Also, read Vigilantes! Now it's literally plot critical that you do!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the last vigilantes chapter I read was captain celebrity getting hit/protecting people from a bomb where do I need to pick it up?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

amigolupus posted:

But we know

Correction, we THINK we know. We had a best guess given the information we had available at the time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

the last vigilantes chapter I read was captain celebrity getting hit/protecting people from a bomb where do I need to pick it up?

Just keep going from there.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i meant what chapter lol I forgot

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jose posted:

i meant what chapter lol I forgot

Oh, was the chapter you're talking about during his farwell party? If so, then around chapter 51 or 52.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Vigilantes has been directly connected to the main series for a while now through various means but this dovetails the plot right into it finally.

Also Vigilantes is very good- read it.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Does Midnight still have that cat?

bladeworksmaster
Sep 6, 2010

Ok.

Well this is a nice way to get some Vigilantes into the main series.

Aside, this is best panel by a mile.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I don't read vigilantes so the end of this chapter falls a bit flat for me

also

bladeworksmaster posted:

Aside, this is best panel by a mile.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

While we wait for the Viz translation, if anyone is interested the Mangastream scanlation is significantly more coherent than the JB scanlation: https://readms.net/r/my_hero_academia/253/6393/3

edit: I just noticed Present Mic is driving an American-style muscle car :lol:

SKULL.GIF fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Dec 6, 2019