Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Older sister has something most of the people in these stories never have, a solid backbone. That's why she isn't the one posting on Reddit. Like another poster said, it's very refreshing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Mr. Lobe posted:

The story says they never really defended or supported her. Sounds like she decided they weren't worth the trouble anymore. I respect anyone who's willing to cut out hard like that.

...The story doesn't actually say that? It says the older sister thinks that about her direct siblings (who disagree), but doesn't say anything about the cousins on the mother's side who presumably wouldn't have much, if any contact with the cousins on the father's side. It really just reads like the older sister decided to go full scorched earth and arbitrarily cut everyone out of her life.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Acebuckeye13 posted:

...The story doesn't actually say that? It says the older sister thinks that about her direct siblings (who disagree), but doesn't say anything about the cousins on the mother's side who presumably wouldn't have much, if any contact with the cousins on the father's side. It really just reads like the older sister decided to go full scorched earth and arbitrarily cut everyone out of her life.

Frankly it's her prerogative, OP's sister's been bankrolling their kids' education for how many years? And basically doing so while getting nothing in return except cousins constantly picking at old wounds. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back. And it just so happens that said camel was the only millionaire in the family.

They care about her half-brothers, who the older sister despises, and they care about the older sister's money, but do they really care about the older sister? Apparently in the comment threads on reddit the OP has had to defend her sister in conversations with her cousins in the past.

It's her money, they only interact with her because they want it.

Runa fucked around with this message at 13:30 on Dec 6, 2019

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Acebuckeye13 posted:

I am referring to this:

quote:

My mum's side of the family she doesn't particularly like either because she said they never supported her or my mum when my dad was being an rear end in a top hat just so they could stay married but she doesn't actively dislike them.

Maybe the cousins were born after that period of no support, but she is under no obligation to anyone on her mom's side of the family, including her cousins. She decided she doesn't want to deal with them after one of them gave her trouble. She is well within her rights to do so.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
^
ah, missed that part

Xarbala posted:

Frankly it's her prerogative, she's been bankrolling their kids' education for how many years? And basically doing so while getting nothing in return except cousins constantly picking at old wounds. This was just the straw that broke the camel's back. And it just so happens that said camel was the only millionaire in the family.

Sure, it's her money, she can do what she wants with it. Still a dick move to cut off everyone imo (especially the cousins on the mother's side who had nothing to do with said old wounds)

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I refuse to believe the cousins are dumb enough to think that the reconciliation would stop at the step siblings and wouldn't just lead to more whining about how she should forgive the dad

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
I believe it. I have some *really goddamn stupid* cousins, it's not a stretch at all to imagine them trying that poo poo.

fins
May 31, 2011

Floss Finder
has anyone said tubbygurgle?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

fins posted:

has anyone said tubbygurglini?

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Kenshin posted:

My fiancé (27M) thinks I (19F) am actually 24. How do I fix my mistake and tell him the truth without losing him?

oh honey, oh no

I feel bad for laughing at this

"Hey dear, I really need to tell you something..."
"Sure, what is it?"
"So, technically, you're a statutory rapist."

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420

fins posted:

has anyone said tubbygurgle?

I think tubbygurgle is UK English for tubgirl

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

I love how the entire extended family can't grasp why the woman doesn't want to try to get along with the new family her dad started when he abandoned her solely because she's a woman.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
That older sister is Petra. I love it and her.

"Please keep bankrolling our lifestyles and take care of our kids and in the interest of family, can you also pay for your dad and the children he left you for?"

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for being upset with my sister for trying to schedule her wedding in the same year as mine?

quote:

(Throwaway account) Some background: I'm 23. I've been with my BF for almost 3 years and we're planning to get married in Summer 2021. I announced this to my family several months ago. My sister is 21 and has been with her BF for ~1.5 years. A couple weeks ago she dropped the bomb that she and her BF were also planning to get married in the next "year or two."

I got very concerned and asked her if we could talk further about the matter to make sure our weddings didn't both land on the same year. I raised the points that:

- I didn't want people to have to choose between our weddings when planning travel (we're in different states)

- I didn't want people to be comparing our weddings, our budget, our dresses, etc.

- I didn't want my parents to be torn as to which daughter's wedding to financially help out with

Bottom line is I don't want our weddings to compete, as we'd be inviting all of the same family and also the same mutual friends. I asked her not to schedule her wedding ideally within 12 months of mine. She said she didn't see the big deal and maintains that "we'll get married based on when he proposes, I'm not delaying my wedding for your sake".

I am extremely upset with her. She hasn't shown any desire to work with me and as far as I'm aware, she'd go right ahead and schedule her wedding within, say 6 months of me. Weddings are a HUGE financial investment and they're not the kind of thing you can move around willy-nilly to accomodate for someone else. I even asked her if she could give me a general idea of when she wanted to get married and I will work with HER schedule. She said sorry, she didn't know.

WIBTA for laying down some kind of ultimatum? I obviously can't control her actions but I'm really upset she won't respect this or work with me and I'm trying to figure out what to do.

EDIT: Okay, there's a pretty clear consensus so far! Reserving an entire year is a lot to ask for, that's totally fair. Does anyone have any better suggestions of how I can approach the discussion? AKA: Let it happen when it happens, ask her if she can avoid planning within say, 3 months of my wedding, etc.

Tjadeth
Sep 16, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
VOLUNTEER
:nyan:

Serephina posted:

My [25F] sister [43F] refuses to have anything to with our half siblings [22M and 22M] and it's causing friction

My sister however hates him and hasn't had anything to do with him since the divorce. She also refused to have nothing to with with my half brothers. In fact one time, my dad tried to force her to babysit by dropping them off at her house but she was so angry, she called the police and told them my dad had abandoned them which turned into a huge thing with the police looking for my dad and CPS getting involved.

That caused a huge issue with my cousins who had been siding with her up till that point, to start criticising her and she cut them off.

I feel like this also should have been bolded because lmao holy poo poo the balls on that dad

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for being upset with my sister for trying to schedule her wedding in the same year as mine?

haha "so what just LET IT HAPPEN???"

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

rodbeard posted:

I love how the entire extended family can't grasp why the woman doesn't want to try to get along with the new family her dad started when he abandoned her solely because she's a woman.

And dismissing all the abuse she suffered.

How many times does the OP say, "My sister says her dad treated her and her mother like crap and physically abused her, but I was young and didn't see it. I don't see why it's such a big deal."

Sounds like she was pushed and pushed and pushed by everyone for literally decades and finally decided, gently caress it, to hell with all of you.

And good for her.

Tjadeth posted:

I feel like this also should have been bolded because lmao holy poo poo the balls on that dad

Yeah, it really adds weight to the whole "my dad is a misogynistic piece of poo poo" narrative the younger daughter is trying so hard to ignore.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Dec 6, 2019

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
Older sister is now in the Pete and Petra Hall of Fame.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus
"The family piggy bank set one boundary, and we've pushed and schemed and refused to respect it for years. Oh my god! We shake and shake and nothing comes out of the piggy bank anymore! How could this happen?!"

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

I will say it's not unusual for OP to not process what her sister has been through as a kid. I don't think dad has improved as a person at all but he got a shiny new family to dominate and two shiny new sons and wasn't left responsible for OP for long periods of time, and lots of times kids are inclined to think the best of their parents, so it's pretty easy for him to downplay everything her older sister is telling her.

However, OP is 25. Not a kid anymore. I hope the comments are telling her to put on her critical thinking cap and apologize to her older sister.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Yeah, even ignoring everything related to the older sister, this is pretty telling.

quote:

He wasn't an amazing dad by any means but I did see him on weekends and stuff and he turned up to a few of my school things but isn't great with stuff like birthdays and he missed my high school graduation because he forgot. But he did take us on a few holidays with my half brothers and we kind of talk and meeting up once every couple of months.
He doesn't even know my birthday and missed important milestones throughout my life, but I guess he came to a school play once and accepted the minimal custody agreement and we talk awkwardly 2-4 times a year. So who can say if he's a good dad or bad dad.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Pinecone Sample posted:

lol sister hasn't even been proposed to yet

probably will be fine

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Acebuckeye13 posted:

It really just reads like the older sister decided to go full scorched earth and arbitrarily cut everyone out of her life.

It reads like that because it's not written by the person in question.

I think even a conservative reading between the lines belies a lot more than the OP is telling. I get the strong impression they've been pushing this woman on dumb poo poo for years and that the main reason they're all so conveniently concerned is because of her money.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Serephina posted:

My [25F] sister [43F] refuses to have anything to with our half siblings [22M and 22M] and it's causing friction

My half siblings in particular have been really hurt but how much my sister snubs them when they haven't done anything wrong except being born

Oh gently caress off with this, half siblings and sister. No one has an obligation to get to know you or pretend to be a happy family just to fulfill your fantasies.

The father shattered the family apart, then tried to cover it over as quickly as possible and just move on, without actually reconciling or making any amends. Just skipped right to 'We're all just a big happy family!'.

Petra saw through that poo poo from a mile a way.

There's just this big, open wound in from the shattering that everyone is trying to ignore, and forcing poo poo into the wound isn't making it better, it's making it go septic.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Also lol @ the watershed moment that turned people against her being "she didn't accept a forced drop off of children she was expected to babysit despite repeated protests".

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

Serephina posted:

The bolded part: Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. Sister doesn't give a drat, has said so *dozens* of times over multiple decades, and some fuckwit thinks its smart to push the issue when the sister is *paying for their child's education*. Morons. Total loving muppets.

How to navigate this: Lol, less for them, more for me. *Kazoo solo*

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
FINAL UPDATE : I (26M) found out my fiance (27F) possibly gave a stripper a handjob at her bachelorette party
/r/all
**3rd and most likely last update. Original update here: https://www.reddit.com/r/relationship_advice/comments/e35vj6/i_26m_found_out_my_fiance_27f_possibly_gave_a/

I deleted the original post, but put a recap in the original update.

It's been 10 days since I received the call that ended this relationship. I'm almost back to normal, although I can't quite shake a bit of malaise. Thankfully I had a few days worth of PTO to burn while I worked past this crap. I already scheduled my 2 weeks vacation this year for the wedding, but since it's canceled I'll just spend it with the family and have a very extended Christmas with them.

Outside of a few texts from Jane to my mother when things first blew up and her mother calling the next day after I talked to Janes stepfather, I haven't heard a peep from their clan since. Janes mom tried to act as a mediator between us, but I shut that poo poo down and told her it's not possible. She can be a bit pushy, but thankfully she realized it wasn't wise to push this time. I finally got to talk to the bridesmaid who's husband called me. She didn't offer any more details and I didn't care to ask for any more by the time I talked to her. She just called me when she felt comfortable enough to wish me well and tell me she was sorry for what happened. She's a very nice lady and I feel bad for her because she works with quite a few of those women, and I don't envy how they are going to treat her at work. I asked her and thankfully none of them have any managerial authority over her, but it still sucks to ostracized.

As far as any of the other women, I haven't heard a thing, and my cousin has done a vanishing act. My mom took care of cancelling all the wedding invitations as she was the one who helped send them all out. I asked her to just tell everyone that Jane and I had a change of heart about getting married and decided to put things off for the time being. Frankly I'm loving embarrassed about what happened and don't really want to be known among family and friends and people in town as that guy who's ex-fiance jacked off and possibly screwed a stripper right before their wedding. I'm sure it will eventually get around, but if I let it fade like this it will be more of a crazy rumor than confirmed fact for most people. I really just want to walk away with as little drama as possible and move on with my life.

I've asked my mother to text Janes mom to get the engagement ring back. Hopefully she won't give me any trouble as they were expensive and buddy of mine is willing to buy the ring set for exactly what I paid for them for his wedding in a few months. I told him he'd better not tell his girlfriend where he got them just in case she's worried my ex was wearing the ring when she was handling stripper guys joystick. I lost thousands in deposits for the venue, DJ, florist, catering, security, plane tickets, honeymoon suite, etc etc etc... I'm hoping I can recoup a little money by selling the rings.

Anyway, I've decided to stay away from LTR's for an indefinite amount of time. This experience has made me very gun shy about "love" and relationships and all that mess. People have sent me all kinds of of encouraging messages claiming I'll eventually find "the one". I'm doing my best not to be overly pessimistic, but when looking at the divorce rates and all the crazy conflicts between men and women these days, I'm starting to think the chances for anyone to do that are getting lower with each passing year. And I'm not the kind of guy who gets over stuff like this by running out and dating some other woman to sport hump right afterwards.

So I think I'll just stay single for now, and focus on my passions and work. Anyway, thanks to everyone who gave encouragement. If anyone else goes through something heartbreaking like this, I highly recommend you you stay with family and or close friends you have a good relationship with. I can't overstate how much this helped, especially if you are a guy. Men don't really maintain a circle of support for stuff like this, like many women do, and you can find yourself isolated and descending further into a bad place without positive reinforcement around you. I was able to lay on my childhood bed, in my childhood room, in my childhood home surrounded by good memories, having my mom come in and bring me tea and food and say sweet encouraging things about how much she loved me and how proud she was of me. I was able to poo poo talk with my dad and brothers to distract myself. It helped a lot.

Best of luck everyone. Thanks.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

QuarkJets posted:

Silence, wench! Get thine indecency off of yonder balcony, nearly your entire ankles art exposed!

He should police her dressing less and her smoking more.

Peg Sliderskew
Jan 4, 2010

Pinecone Sample posted:

I think tubbygurgle is UK English for tubgirl

Nah, that's bathbird.

Tubbygurgle is UK English for Boris Johnson.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Dienes posted:

Good for him. I would have told people exactly and explicitly why the wedding was canceled, so he's a better person than me.

Don't know why people always try to reassure someone after a breakup with talk about finding true love. Seems more like rubbing salt in the wound.

I think he's just been spouting some really negative things about relationships and perhaps about women (definitely a very strong focus on man vs woman in that post, he even mentioned that as a reason to not date anymore) so I'm guessing the people saying that are trying to keep him from overreacting to an admittedly traumatic experience with relationships.

mllaneza posted:

Vow of silence dude could get a job in IT. Hell, some of my best days at work involved no human interaction beyond email or some sort of chat/IM. The only trick would be the interview, and HR would probably have someone from Legal sitting in on the interview because there's a great potential for a really interesting lawsuit.

And we've all had co-workers who we wish would take such a vow.

I would think that a Vow of Silence would need to include all communication, not just speaking out loud? Otherwise terminal nerds and shut-ins would just take similar vows and spend all their time communicating online, accomplishing nothing of what is intended. Seems like you're rules-lawyering God a little bit there, I don't know

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

this is something way, way more widespread than people like to talk about.

this sounds ominous.... out of all the girls I've dated not one has expressed interest in something like this, and none of my guy or girl friends have ever mentioned anything of the sort. I guess I believe it could be a bit of a secret fascination among women but actually grabbing your dick while you pee I haven't seen

Smirking_Serpent posted:

AITA for disinviting my father and his family from my wedding, weeks after he already the got the invite because of a human error made by my cousin?

I'm a biracial woman born to a white father and an Indian mother. My grandparents never approved of my father, and as a result always had a cold relationship with him.

Growing up, I was a happy kid with two loving parents. My father divorced my mother when she became pregnant with their second child. I was 8 years old. My father remarried weeks later.

Till I was 11, I had visitation with my father on alternating weeks. When my brother was 3 years old, he passed away from complications arising from a congenital heart defect, which went undetected.

Right around the same time, my stepmother became pregnant. My mother didn't take the news of her pregnancy well, and basically sold off all of her belongings in the US and moved to the UK (she's British born) , without telling my father.

I was grieving the loss of my brother, and didn't question my mother's decision to relocate.

My mother remarried an Indian man when I was 14. During the time I was in the UK, my father came down to visit me with his wife and kid 4 times a year. I knew that what my mother did was illegal, but I begged my father to not take my mother to court over it.

My mother hated my father and never got over their divorce and the loss of my brother. I'm 25 now, currently residing in the US, all set to get married to my boyfriend of 3 years.

Recently, I got a Facebook message from my father thanking me for giving our relationship a second chance. He thanked me for inviting him and his family to my wedding, and told me that he couldn't wait to see his little girl walk down the aisle. They already got the flight tickets. He also sent me some pictures over email. They were pictures of my half sister wearing an indian outfit they bought for my wedding. My dad bought himself an Indian wear and sent me pictures of him wearing it.

I didn't know how to respond and immediately called up my cousin, who was the one sending out the invites as per the list that I gave her.

She told me that she assumed there was a mistake in the list, and and that's why she went ahead and sent out the invite herself. We had a big fall out over it.

I never wanted to invite him or his family, knowing how uncomfortable my mother would get.

I then sent a long Facebook message explaining that him getting the invite was a mistake and I actually didn't want him at the wedding.

My father was really hurt, and then sent a reply saying that my grandparents on my father's side were very happy that I was finally opening up to my father. He had already told all of his friends and colleagues that he was taking off from work for the wedding. My half sister was really excited about attending an Indian wedding.

I kind of feel lovely about the whole situation now. Should I have just let them come over and hurt my mom in the process?

Reddit AITA?

​----

Many people in the comments are asking if my father cheated on my mother. The answer is yes. He did. My stepmother was the other woman.

And no, I never really wanted him at my wedding. That's why his name wasn't on the guest list.

Also, she took off to the UK after my brother passed away because she was totally alone without a support network to deal with her grief. No family to fall back on. My father's family tossed my mom aside once he remarried. She couldn't take it after she got to know that my stepmother was pregnant. My father would never let her move to the UK, that's why she "kidnapped me" and left. And Yes, we were both happier in the UK.

I don't fault my mom for leaving and empathize more with her pain over the loss of my brother because my father never wanted my brother, he wanted my mother to abort him. At the end, he got what he wanted, my brother didn't make it past the age of 3

You know what I'm wondering? If her younger brother's fetus was identified before birth as defective, which would've helped to bring about the split between the parents. Dad was also cheating though so that obscures the issue, but I wonder if there's a connection between the requested abortion and the child dying at 3.

luxury handset posted:

boss makes a dollar / i time my poo
that's why my phone chimes / at 12:22

:lol: this didn't get near enough love

Serephina posted:

I (21m) am blind. How can I make my new girlfriend (19f) feel beautiful

I hope everyone told this kid that the positive things he's already noticed about his girlfriend are way sweeter and more intimate than some crass comment on her physical appearance

Lucrece posted:

I’m[F26] monogamous, but I’m considering trying poly for the person[M26] I love.

"his suspicion that he's polyamorous" lmao, as if it's something he's been his whole life and not a result of wanting to gently caress other people but also keep his ex girlfriend around as bangmaid

Chomp8645 posted:

Eh, he's 22. He's still inside Normal Shithead Redemption Range.

That's... pretty loving generous man. It's never acceptable, but maybe I'd assume the person just didn't know any better if they were like 15. Not 22, most people are graduated from college at that age

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Yeah, one of the many gross things about poly lifestyle people is that they try to co-opt the language of LGBTQ people and act like being unwilling to remain faithful to a partner is a sexual orientation.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Play posted:

That's... pretty loving generous man. It's never acceptable, but maybe I'd assume the person just didn't know any better if they were like 15. Not 22, most people are graduated from college at that age

Eh, I mean you can draw your own line wherever you want. I'm just saying I've known a fair number of people who were poo poo heads at 22 but matured into decent adults. I think the mid 20's is the general marker for "pull up or be forever lost".

Hopefully this ordeal will be a wakeup call for him.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

therobit posted:

Yeah, one of the many gross things about poly lifestyle people is that they try to co-opt the language of LGBTQ people and act like being unwilling to remain faithful to a partner is a sexual orientation.

That kind of thing seems to be expanding. Don't go on Tumblr. There are like a million ways straight cis people nitpick sexuality until they can claim marginalization.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

That kind of thing seems to be expanding. Don't go on Tumblr. There are like a million ways straight cis people nitpick sexuality until they can claim marginalization.
Every poly person I know is some flavor of lgbt.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
i know a couple of cishet poly couples but they're both of the "young and trying to reconcile monogamy with being horny and wandering" variety

for some homegrown drama, the wife in one of these couples wanted me/my wife to watch their toddler overnight so she could have her boyfriend over while the husband was out of town for work. the complicating factor here is that the toddler was sick and feeling poorly. we refused the day of the sleepover once it was clear how sick the toddler was (not seriously, but enough to where the kid was better off at home with momma) and it caused a small drama bomb

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

PetraCore posted:

Every poly person I know is some flavor of lgbt.

I was thinking outside of poly like those people who are like "I can only have sexual relationships with someone I'm romantically attracted to. I am an oppressed minority."

Or, like, furries.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

luxury handset posted:

i know a couple of cishet poly couples but they're both of the "young and trying to reconcile monogamy with being horny and wandering" variety

for some homegrown drama, the wife in one of these couples wanted me/my wife to watch their toddler overnight so she could have her boyfriend over while the husband was out of town for work. the complicating factor here is that the toddler was sick and feeling poorly. we refused the day of the sleepover once it was clear how sick the toddler was (not seriously, but enough to where the kid was better off at home with momma) and it caused a small drama bomb

How dare you get in the way of a woman who wanted to gently caress over comforting her sick child.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
oh she still had the boyfriend over i believe, there was just a sick toddler there as well

i didn't feel too bad about it because if the boyfriend can come over and chill with a coughing weepy kid in the other room then he's a champ. let's see how committed this guy is

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

PostNouveau posted:

I was thinking outside of poly like those people who are like "I can only have sexual relationships with someone I'm romantically attracted to. I am an oppressed minority."

Or, like, furries.
Every furry I know is also lgbt. Turns out there's a surprising amount of overlap. I know what you're referring to, I'm just being a dick and pointing this out because people tend to forget lgbt people can also be in whatever subculture they're talking about. Isn't one of the top pro gamers a black gay furry?

Anyway I get super annoyed with people claiming 'I'm [x] which is just like being lgbt', it's just that reasonable annoyance also seems to become ammo against everyone who is [x].

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Ray
May 17, 2014

Proud Musk and Dogecoin fanboy

Serephina posted:

The bolded part: Aaaaaaaaaaaaahahahaha. Sister doesn't give a drat, has said so *dozens* of times over multiple decades, and some fuckwit thinks its smart to push the issue when the sister is *paying for their child's education*. Morons. Total loving muppets.

Your sister loving owns and you should believe her because she has the strongest sense of self of anyone in your shithouse family.