Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
This is why they need a solid LGBT+ representation internally and then to LISTEN to them, instead of treating it like a side issue. I get there's an election to win, and I'm still voting for them because I think they're just slipping in an inelegant way, but boy howdy it makes me skeevy to see big John going to TERF central a week out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Angrymog posted:

Numatic Henry for life! (Or at least 10-15 years)

Yeah, I tried a dyson and I didn't even have to go to A&E :flaccid: :smith:

Carrier
May 12, 2009

I know she is just the figurehead of the massive institutional bias in the BBC right now, but my god Laura Goebbels infuriates me.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Labour has gone to mumsnet right back to at least milliband, which, I mean, makes sense because young families are a key group for labour. Milliband famously did quite well there.

I really hope the self ID stuff is an improvement and more can come down the line.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Oh App Mancock was in town. Wouldn't have known since he took a photo then hosed off.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Lie to the mothers and then transgender their child in front of them.

Bad Gandalf
Sep 19, 2010

The long awaited gritty reboot. Red Ed Redemption

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Also btw john major apparently doesn't want you to vote for the tories.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

OwlFancier posted:

Also btw john major apparently doesn't want you to vote for the tories.

It says something when people that served under Thatcher are looking on like :stare: "Woah that's a bit beyond the pale"

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Bundy posted:

It says something when people that served under Thatcher are looking on like :stare: "Woah that's a bit beyond the pale"

I was reading about this; this was some not-very-heavily-research but well-meant paper by a US psychologist about power poses that completely escaped the lab and these 'power poses' became the fad of the year among the cadre of MBAs, consultants, and other business weasels who replace their humanity with Harvard Business Review programming.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

John Major

John, minor

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

28 days later except instead of zombies it's people standing like they cacked themselves. Effect on british society otherwise identical.

Tigey
Apr 6, 2015

Bad Gandalf posted:

The long awaited gritty reboot. Red Ed Redemption

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
How the gently caress has John Major looked the exact same age since 1989

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
lmao

https://twitter.com/MarkDiStef/status/1202933924093202437

xtothez
Jan 4, 2004

College Slice

Guavanaut posted:

John, minor

:vince:

Junior G-man
Sep 15, 2004

Wrapped in a mystery, inside an enigma

Failed Imagineer posted:

After he got booted he had the time to finish his phylactery.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Bundy posted:

Someone (from UKMT?) that knows this needs to write to the party and explain this stuff. They most likely have no idea. The mumsnet and vulnerable "real women" thing is the worst/most insidious bit because if you don't know better it sounds completely reasonable.

I guarantee you there are definitely huge efforts going on within the party to eradicate transphobia. It's just taking a long time because it's a very uphill battle.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Dear God I almost burst out laughing in the office. We need to start a twitter campaign to get this into his official election material.

Guavanaut posted:

John Major
John, minor

John (Little)

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was just thinking the same thing, clearly he drank from the same grail as Willem Defoe

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

OwlFancier posted:

Labour has gone to mumsnet right back to at least milliband, which, I mean, makes sense because young families are a key group for labour. Milliband famously did quite well there.

Brown did a Q&A on there too. I remember because he didn't answer it & then 24 hours later answered it on Twitter "anything with chocolate on it". It was extremely dumb but people turned it into a thing because media bad.

I don't even know. I mean a chocolate digestive is nice dunked in a cuppa tea but I don't know that I'd call it a favourite. But then I'd just rather have a bar of chocolate than a biscuit anyway.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I do like a lot of chocolate on my biscuit. I wish there was some sort of society, or group, that I could become a member of to meet like-minded people on this issue and work towards common goals.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Braggart posted:

Trip report from the GP:

I asked if I could be prescribed vitamin D supplements and the doctor said:

"We're moving away from prescribing vitamin D supplements because everyone in Scotland is at risk of vitamin D deficiency in winter."

I replied: "That sounds like the opposite of a sensible response to the issue."

She gave a sympathetic half-nod.

I assured her that I understood that it wasn't her fault (gently caress me, imagine being a healthcare worker and having to put up with the Tories being your bosses!)

It's a good thing I can just about afford to pay for them myself! I hope everyone else can! :tizzy:

Vitamin D fortification of staple foods would be one way to address this on a national level. Done in Finland with milk, butter and margarine for instance.

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

Angepain posted:

I do like a lot of chocolate on my biscuit. I wish there was some sort of society, or group, that I could become a member of to meet like-minded people on this issue and work towards common goals.

:D I enjoyed this nod

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Watch this get exactly as much traction as all the times Blair said "don't vote Corbyn"

https://twitter.com/votefinalsay/status/1202949907520331777

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

His Divine Shadow posted:

Vitamin D fortification of staple foods would be one way to address this on a national level. Done in Finland with milk, butter and margarine for instance.
They used to do that here too. Niacin too to prevent pellagra. Now we just have pellagra cases again.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Failed Imagineer posted:

You should see the picture in his attic..

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Angepain posted:

Just want to say how much I appreciated this

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Bundy posted:

Everything Dyson makes is plastic poo poo that is awesome for approx 0.2s of initial use before capitalist built in obsolescence comes down like a massive plastic anvil, gently caress him
He made a bagless vacuum that was marginally more powerful than other bagless and was a nightmare to empty for anyone with allergies, and has been coasting on the BRITISH INVENTOR JAMES 'BRITISH' DYSON name and middle class idiots to release stupid bullshit since then.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 16:24 on Dec 6, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Hahaha Blair said he's still voting Labour even though he's in Umunna's constituency. The final cuking.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
He may be a twat but I love my Dyson cordless vacuum as much as it's possible to love a vacuum.

Flatscan
Mar 27, 2001

Outlaw Journalist

I support whichever option stops them running cargo flights out of Southend airport at 4am.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

peanut- posted:

He may be a twat but I love my Dyson cordless vacuum as much as it's possible to love a vacuum.

If you keep doing that it's going to gum up the motor and you'll have to replace it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/la_leere/status/1202832075193298944?s=19

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/johnpringdns/status/1202653461118095360

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Gonna just go chant "blood, blood, blood" under my breath for a few hours brb.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

What is going on

https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1202946221452734464?s=19
https://twitter.com/tomhfh/status/1202948816644825088?s=19

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

peanut- posted:

Yeah I hate the oval office, but the cordless Dyson which charges on the wall in my kitchen is excellent, the best vacuum I've ever owned by a mile - and I've used multiple members of the Henry clan in various jobs over the years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I got 13/15 https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/dec/06/honk-if-you-support-corbyn-have-you-been-following-the-election-this-week