Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Rhyno posted:

Cavill's Superman dying on screen didn't really get much of a reaction out of me.

It's amazing how emotionally sterile those films are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

I still get choked up thinking about Professor Stein dying, so I'm definitely nervous we'll lose some version of Flash or Superman in this story.

I'm also holding out hope for some kind of brief glimpse of the DC animated universe. You've got Kevin Conroy, Phil Lamarr, and Carl Lumbly, just show one glimpse of the animated Justice League please!!

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Is there a reason they gave for why no one from Titans is showing up? With that many other shows and random DC characters they're pulling in I thought it would have been easy to pull Robin and maybe Raven or Jason Todd over for a scene or two.

Super disappointed with that show. I like the portrayal of the characters for the most part but the plot is just such garbage.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Phenotype posted:

Is there a reason they gave for why no one from Titans is showing up? With that many other shows and random DC characters they're pulling in I thought it would have been easy to pull Robin and maybe Raven or Jason Todd over for a scene or two.

Super disappointed with that show. I like the portrayal of the characters for the most part but the plot is just such garbage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnnCd3haipo

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Phenotype posted:

Supposedly there is a Titans cameo or reference.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
My guess for Supermen:

Tiny Superman: Survives
Smallville Superman: Dies
KC Superman: "Dies" to return at an unspecified time for a new Crisis (see: Infinite Crisis)

Luthor is probably gonna escape early though. LoT is probably gonna be devoted to picking up the pieces of the Crisis as they're the "Finale" of the event if I wanted to guess, but they might just pick up from the previous season because why not?

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Yeah, again, if they're going with the COIE parallels, then I can see them utilizing Routh's Superman -- who is also, technically kinda sort of, the Christopher Reeve Superman? -- to stand in for the original Earth-2 Superman's story here. He's gonna punch the Monitor into nothing and then get a final send-off to be with his Lois in space heaven and ooh god :ohdear:

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

BrianWilly posted:

Yeah, again, if they're going with the COIE parallels, then I can see them utilizing Routh's Superman -- who is also, technically kinda sort of, the Christopher Reeve Superman? -- to stand in for the original Earth-2 Superman's story here. He's gonna punch the Monitor into nothing and then get a final send-off to be with his Lois in space heaven and ooh god :ohdear:

Does that mean Tom Welling comes back for the next Crisis evil as gently caress?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

STAC Goat posted:

Does that mean Tom Welling comes back for the next Crisis evil as gently caress?

With his best friend Chloe

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

bobkatt013 posted:

Worse, they'll bring in kryptonite Lana to be a supergirl villain

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

BrianWilly posted:

I feel like there's no way that one of the actual show stars doesn't end up being the one that takes the Anti-Monitor out in the end. Maybe Supergirl to echo the original, though it would be funny if the whole thing ended with "You have failed this multiverse!" and an arrow to the head.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

bobkatt013 posted:

That would have to be a very long time in the future. Or a Cameo filmed in a prison cafeteria.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

TwoPair posted:

I feel like there's no way that one of the actual show stars doesn't end up being the one that takes the Anti-Monitor out in the end. Maybe Supergirl to echo the original, though it would be funny if the whole thing ended with "You have failed this multiverse!" and an arrow to the head.

This is the correct way to end it, and I hope that the writers recognize it.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I wonder if they are going to kill off "originals" to be the conclusion or they need to find the origin characters to defeat the monitor

Reeve's Supes
90s Flash
Arrow
One of the BoP?

I dunno just spitballing here.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
I know who they should introduce. George Newbern as Superman's dad (either one)

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

The Lord Bude posted:

That would have to be a very long time in the future. Or a Cameo filmed in a prison cafeteria.

She's out on house arrest awaiting sentencing, so they could probably figure it out.

It'd be fitting to the original comics for Routh's Superman to be the stand-in for Kal-L, but I expect someone from the current shows will have to be the main one to strike down the Anti Monitor. Though maybe they could have Welling and Routh go off at the end and potentially bring back Welling as Superboy Prime.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I feel like everything is pushing towards Oliver doing the killer blow and anyone else besides Barry, Kara, and probably Sara would be weird. They're the big guns. They're the "Trinity".

But if I were to guess on a direct Crisis analogue I'm thinking Oliver and Felicity take the place of Kal-L and Lois. With the Supermen I feel like maybe we get Arrowverse Superman being the last one standing and one true Superman leading into his spinoff.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

I know who they should introduce. George Newbern as Superman's dad (either one)

George Newbern as Jor-El to Tyler Hoechlin's Clark would be fantastic if only for all the Sephiroth jokes it would invariably spawn.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Wasn't there like a 90's Superboy show that existed? Could that actor come back or is he a Chud like Dean Cain?

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Watching the trailer again and "it's time to go" "Is everyone out yet?" "No." "Then it's not time" is one of those old hero cliches that I will nevertheless always love.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

8one6 posted:

Wasn't there like a 90's Superboy show that existed? Could that actor come back or is he a Chud like Dean Cain?

I think less people remember that one than Birds of Prey. As for the chud thing...

quote:

John Newton (also known as John Haymes Newton) (born December 29, 1965) is an American actor. He is perhaps best known for his regular roles on the television programs Superboy as Clark Kent in the show's first season and as Ryan McBride on the soap opera Melrose Place. He is currently focused on ancestral clearing practices.

I have no idea what that means.

quote:

Ancestral Lineage Clearing is an advanced healing technique where a person energetically travels back into their family’s past to change a non-harmonious or dysfunctional pattern in order to bring more happiness, health, joy, prosperity or better relationships into their present life.

Uh...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

STAC Goat posted:

I think less people remember that one than Birds of Prey. As for the chud thing...

Uh...

...Damnit Barry!

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The monitor told J'onn that he was impressed by his fighting "during Elseworlds". Did... did someone ever use that word during the event or does the Monitor watch the CW?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Argue posted:

The monitor told J'onn that he was impressed by his fighting "during Elseworlds". Did... did someone ever use that word during the event or does the Monitor watch the CW?

90s Flash uses it when he finally breaks through to Earth-1. "Novu thinks the Elseworlds created by the Book of Destiny approximates the collision of realities that we're facing."

E:

Or yeah he could just be reading the comics. We have proof of that one

https://twitter.com/lamonicagarrett/status/1174474584214691841

nine-gear crow fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Dec 5, 2019

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

STAC Goat posted:

Uh...

The guy who replaced him seems to have done a little better:

quote:

Gerard Christopher auditioned for the part of Superman / Clark Kent in Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman and was chosen by the casting director. However, when the producers learned he had essentially already played the role, he was dismissed in favor of Dean Cain

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe
A few people have mentioned it, but they're right: Christopher Reeves Superman is in this and he became Kingdom Come Superman. I know 'canon' as a concept is loving stupid and meaningless, but I still love it.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

Argue posted:

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Guy seems genuinely thrilled to get to put on a ridiculous suit and hair and be a part of this.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I will never get over them calling it "Crisis" in the shows over and over instead of "A Crisis" it bothers me so much!

SardonicTyrant
Feb 26, 2016

BTICH IM A NEWT
熱くなれ夢みた明日を
必ずいつかつかまえる
走り出せ振り向くことなく
&

You do a bunch of drugs and you Quantum Leap.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Moon Slayer posted:

Guy seems genuinely thrilled to get to put on a ridiculous suit and hair and be a part of this.

I watched an interview with him last night. He’s a really big comics fan. He said that when he was auditioning for the role they didn’t tell anyone what the part was in order to preserve secrecy, so he thought he was playing Val-Zod, and then they told him he was the Monitor and he just kind of gasped because he realized that meant they were going all in and doing Crisis at some point.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Rhyno posted:

I will never get over them calling it "Crisis" in the shows over and over instead of "A Crisis" it bothers me so much!

As far as I know it's just The Flash that does that, which makes it even better, like Ollie thinks of it as a serious threat but Barry and co. just think of it as a TV event.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Argue posted:

As far as I know it's just The Flash that does that, which makes it even better, like Ollie thinks of it as a serious threat but Barry and co. just think of it as a TV event.

He hasn't done it nearly as much as Barry, but Oliver's definitely been guilty of referring to Crisis by "Crisis" at times.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Well quibbles aside, I cant express how excited I am for sunday.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
The only thing that would make this impending crossover better is if OnBenchNow were still doing the Arrowverse synopses to this day...

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
I never read the original comic, but does VARUMNO mean anything to anybody? If we assume the plaque that Nash was interacting with spells out Mar Novu, then that would be the order that he pressed the buttons in. I can't think of what other 7 letters it would represent because there's no repetition of symbols, which rules out things like Pariah, Crisis, and Monitor.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
Why are we assuming it spells Mar Novu? If you watch the trailers In the final trailer Mar Novu specifically states there are 7 heroes that can save the multiverse. The far right symbol seems likely to represent Oliver. Far left is Black Lightning, 3rd from left is Barry, the hexagon shaped symbol might be the Kryptonians, collectively?

I'm almost dead certain it doesn't spell Mar Novu.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's clearly the Monitor's phone number.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"

Q_res posted:

Why are we assuming it spells Mar Novu? If you watch the trailers In the final trailer Mar Novu specifically states there are 7 heroes that can save the multiverse. The far right symbol seems likely to represent Oliver. Far left is Black Lightning, 3rd from left is Barry, the hexagon shaped symbol might be the Kryptonians, collectively?

I'm almost dead certain it doesn't spell Mar Novu.

Yeah, that does look like a Flash mask. Second to last looks like some kind of butterfly. Second one could either be some kind of bird, or Magneto This is what I get for trying to be clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

I'm trying to avoid plot spoilers (but cast pics/announcements are okay, so I keep checking this thread for more of that hotness).

One thing I need to know, though: Like, is no one gonna look at KC Supes and say, "hey, you look just Ray Palmer but a little grey? And why are you wearing Superman's outfit?" I'm baffled as to how that's gonna play out. Is Ray gonna show up in Crisis, or conveniently be stuck in a time loop or some poo poo? Ahhh, comics.

Thanks for making this thread, btw, Rhyno! (I miss your Guy AV, though, what happened?!) Good to have one central location for all my Crisis needs. :)