Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceCadetBob
Dec 27, 2012

Nanigans posted:

Does it have the Hidden Ability tho?

LOL thanks for reminding me to check. Yep Does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

SpaceCadetBob posted:

LOL thanks for reminding me to check. Yep Does.

Ayyyyy congrats.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Sirbloody posted:

Local guy on Facebook is selling a totally not hacked 6IV SHINY Japanese Ditto with a free gift.... $10

:d2a:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Buy it and release it. It’s the only moral choice.

Eeyo
Aug 29, 2004

Big McHuge posted:

Wait you can't buy those special balls like after the game? Wish I had known that. What benefits do they give to the things they catch?

Some of them you can buy I think. I think you can also get the other ones (except the master ball) after you do an elite cup rematch after beating the game.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Big McHuge posted:

Wait you can't buy those special balls like after the game? Wish I had known that. What benefits do they give to the things they catch?

They get passed on to their children and fashion balling is a terrible sickness with which I and many others are afflicted.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Snorlax.Get.In.The.loving.Ball.You.Fat.gently caress.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Eeyo posted:

Some of them you can buy I think. I think you can also get the other ones (except the master ball) after you do an elite cup rematch after beating the game.

Yeah you can get the special balls from the rematches. They’re pretty rare though, especially if you’re trying to get a specific one.

Also you can get more Masterballs from the Lotto. I’ve got boxes full of Pokémon from wonder trade to give me a better chance.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Anyone want to trade me a couple of fossilized drakes? I'm loving swimming in dinos, fish, and birds. Not a single drake.

Feb 2, 2005
Galar Beginnings tournament starts today! Good luck everyone!

I was extremely happy to put together a competitive team in just a few hours rather than the multi-day process it used to be. Game Freak finally starting to respect our time a little. I'd still prefer a Showdown-esque team builder but I'll take what I can get.

Dad Jokes
May 25, 2011

Tip to anyone trying to get a mimikyu today since it's foggy in the Bridge Field: it's actually walking around in the grass patch right before the lake with the island, not wandering out in the open. Took me way too long to find the little fucker.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Me, in Metal Gear generic guard voice: "Eh, just a Pikachu"

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

Dad Jokes posted:

Tip to anyone trying to get a mimikyu today since it's foggy in the Bridge Field: it's actually walking around in the grass patch right before the lake with the island, not wandering out in the open. Took me way too long to find the little fucker.

There's a few patches of grass just before the lake with the island. Which one?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Framboise posted:

There's a few patches of grass just before the lake with the island. Which one?

The big one that is directly adjacent to the shore.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Found it. Thanks!

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Wait there are other balls you unlock doing the championship thing? Son of a bitch, I settled for luxury balls for my perfect eeveelution team :argh:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Leal posted:

Wait there are other balls you unlock doing the championship thing? Son of a bitch, I settled for luxury balls for my perfect eeveelution team :argh:

Lmao you fool, you should have been matching your Eevee to the ball colors.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

ChaosArgate posted:

Lmao you fool, you should have been matching your Eevee to the ball colors.

Don't tempt me. Just. Don't.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

one does not "settle" for Luxury Balls

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I even tried googling the different types of pokeballs in Sw/Sh and all I got were the easily accessible ones and telling me where to get them like I'm a chump who doesn't talk to shop NPCs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Epic High Five posted:

one does not "settle" for Luxury Balls

All Pokemon are in Luxury balls if they are catch-able. That is like, the law or something.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

My Eevee's are in love balls because of the power of heart. :colbert:

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
I was thinking Nest Ball for my Leafeon, dream for Espeon, dive for Vaporeon.

But that was too much effort so luxury ball, it matches the black Eevee shirt.

Leal fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 6, 2019

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Luxury or Premier Balls are the only balls I bother with.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I just stick to ultra balls

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Leal posted:

I even tried googling the different types of pokeballs in Sw/Sh and all I got were the easily accessible ones and telling me where to get them like I'm a chump who doesn't talk to shop NPCs.
you get one per from the Poke Ball Guy

then you can, theoretically, get more from the second+ time you beat the Championship in a day, but also he'll just give you 100 Poke Balls or some stupid poo poo

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

DACK FAYDEN posted:

then you can, theoretically, get more from the second+ time you beat the Championship in a day, but also he'll just give you 100 Poke Balls or some stupid poo poo

Never say no to free swag money

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Also before you ask, you can’t cheat the rewards by maxing out the common pokeballs. You just end up getting NOTHING if you’re topped off on whatever reward he offers.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
What levels are the champion rematch fights?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Spanish Manlove posted:

What levels are the champion rematch fights?
Not that high. Like 68? I soloed them with level 100 starter without bothering to Dynamax, if that gives you an idea. (You heal between every fight so it isn't a big deal - you don't get the GMax Meowth money that way but it's way faster)

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Makin' Pokedex entries via TalkToTransformer.com:

quote:

Even your home isn't safe. Gengar will lurk in many ways, hiding behind walls, walls, trees, and more to try to take advantage of his strange properties. In battle, Gengar will see your potential, and use it to destroy your team, or he'll use it to help his own team. Gengar is a character in Black Ops II that can rely on skill and traps, but he will also use what he has learned to maximize his combat potential. A few tips for how to help avoid the most common Gengar traps and maximize your own

quote:

Jynx walks rhythmically, swaying and shaking its hips as ikemen merge into it, to the joy of the biorhythms around.

By the time it picks up the melody of Nature's greatest gospel song, We Care A Lot, my blood is racing. The orchestra, that measured, hit-for-hit emulation of the epic nature of John Williams' orchestral score, flies, blowing me up with its tiny vaudeville terror and hypnotic drone. Pushes my breath, breaks my heart.

Then, the deathly blow

quote:

Mr. Mime is a master of pantomime. Its gestures and almost moodless demeanor have always struck me as 'textbook' for people who have thought back to 'peak acting' ... Or perhaps they haven't?

Mr. Mime has achieved the same feat of charismatic perfection that Dr. Ewen Cameron — who, I am told, believes that the most intelligent people are people of Mime in disguise — accomplished. Mr. Mime is a student of public persona and received his BA in Social Psychology from Baylor University in the 1980s.

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
So. I got to breeding that Mimikyu I got using a Jolly 5-IV Stunfisk I happened to have (knew you'd come in handy!) and now I have a bunch of 5-IV Jolly Mimikyus.

Now. Many of these have Sp. Atk as the not perfect IV so it doesn't really matter, but is it possible for 2 5-IV Pokemon to hatch a perfect 6-IV one? It's totally not necessary at this point but I want it for the sake of vanity and scoffing at the stupid Max Raid encounter rates.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
the pokedex entry on g-gengar literally says his mouth is a gate to the afterlife

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Only 80,000 watts for two Drake fossils. :suicide:

Now the long road of resetting for Adamant/Strong Jaw.

If I get Jolly first, I'll just stick with that.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Framboise posted:

So. I got to breeding that Mimikyu I got using a Jolly 5-IV Stunfisk I happened to have (knew you'd come in handy!) and now I have a bunch of 5-IV Jolly Mimikyus.

Now. Many of these have Sp. Atk as the not perfect IV so it doesn't really matter, but is it possible for 2 5-IV Pokemon to hatch a perfect 6-IV one? It's totally not necessary at this point but I want it for the sake of vanity and scoffing at the stupid Max Raid encounter rates.

You absolutely can. It's a crap shoot but you will eventually get a 6 iv one. It's how all my breeding has gone. Just make sure your 5ivs have different bad ones, otherwise that's a bit more rng I've found, paradoxically.

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

Nanigans posted:

You can get 200k Watts in the span of half an hour spoofing a Den for a G-Max you'd like. Two birds with one stone

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Eimi posted:

You absolutely can. It's a crap shoot but you will eventually get a 6 iv one. It's how all my breeding has gone. Just make sure your 5ivs have different bad ones, otherwise that's a bit more rng I've found, paradoxically.

Nah, that makes sense. 5 out of 6 come from the parents, so if there's not at least a 50/50 shot on all six stats, if the destiny knot picks the stat the parents don't have a 31 between them in, then you're not getting six regardless.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Nanigans posted:

Now the long road of resetting for Adamant/Strong Jaw.

If I get Jolly first, I'll just stick with that.

Makes ya feel any better, took me 3 hours to get Adamant/Strong Jaw.

Watching streamers saved my sanity.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Zodack posted:

You can get 200k Watts in the span of half an hour spoofing a Den for a G-Max you'd like. Two birds with one stone

Oh, for sure. Resetting for Ditto is how I got all those watts in the first place. Plus, I got like 13 bottle caps and a poo poo ton of treasure out of it. But still, 80000. 60000 for the first one.

Mesadoram posted:

Makes ya feel any better, took me 3 hours to get Adamant/Strong Jaw.

Watching streamers saved my sanity.

30 minutes so far...

edit: AYYYYYY, got one right after this post lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Your Computer posted:

I think #1 on my wishlist is the ability to leave raids now. I'm trying to get candy to level up this Togekiss and no one's joining my raids and the NPCs are consistently sabotaging it. Why yes, two water pokémon and a ground pokémon is a great idea to bring to a grass fight.

The raids themselves have been infuriating too, like this Vileplume that just heals to full every turn with strength sap, giga drain and grassy terrain :negative:

Seriously, they need to let us invite Gym leaders (and Hop and Marnie) to raid battles to have a bit more control over what Pokémon types come into the fight.