Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Gnumonic posted:

If Trump's dumb enough to testify that might be the one thing that would actually lead to his removal. He can't go thirty seconds without lying and there's no way in hell he wouldn't blatantly perjure himself. God I hope he does it.

It would have to be a lawyer in a fatsuit and rubber mask impersonating Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK posted:

I still cant believe no one bothered to bring up that he was Romney's VP pick so everyone got to know him in 2012 and excoriated him for it

i mean the 2012 election is so quaint now.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

i will never understand why he did this photoshoot

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Riptor posted:

I'll never understand why posting it isn't bannable.

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

Chilichimp posted:

Remember a couple years ago there was that poster who used to post it any time Paul Ryan was mentioned with the same text every time? That was super weird why did that guy do that?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Riptor posted:

Probably for the same reason he co-wrote this book

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

nine-gear crow posted:

Three guys in their 50s: Young Guns

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

At the time these stupid assholes put this book out (2010), they were 40 (Ryan), 47 (Cantor) and 45 (McCarthy). While young by GOP standards it's hilarious that that's what passes for "Young Guns" to them.

And now only McCarthy remains and he's possibly the most rock-stupid of the trio.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

nine-gear crow posted:

McCarthy looks like he's 55 years old here... "The Young Guns"

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Spun Dog posted:

Three guys in their 50s: Young Guns

for the GOP, and congress in general, 50s is young

this is part of the larger problem, but still

duodenum
Sep 18, 2005

A generation of Republican politicians raised on Fox News who have little to no knowledge of reality.

Young Guns.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Chilichimp posted:

It's been long enough since anyone has posted it that while it isn't exactly funny, it's gone full circle back to 'oh yeah that chucklefuck'

nine-gear crow posted:

impressive that ryan found a tie that is 1/4 as wide as his entire torso

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Well to be fair he clearly didnt skip tie day.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Cantor left his bottom suit button unbuttoned too. For a book cover.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

ummel posted:

Cantor left his bottom suit button unbuttoned too. For a book cover.

Bottom button is traditionally left unbuttoned. Because of some fat king or whatever, which is dumb, but it's still how it's done.

Like, do you actually button your bottom one?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

Ogmius815 posted:

Remember a couple years ago there was that poster who used to post it any time Paul Ryan was mentioned with the same text every time? That was super weird why did that guy do that?

Phazon Link and it was loving annoying as hell.

e: He'd post the whole loving shoot every time.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

ReidRansom posted:

Bottom button is traditionally left unbuttoned. Because of some fat king or whatever, which is dumb, but it's still how it's done.

Like, do you actually button your bottom one?

I always think it's so weird

Why even have a button there if you're not supposed to use it?

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

The bottom button is there just in case. these days you don’t have to worry about it as much although it could still come up

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
To me, it’s the sub-title of the book that’s the most hilarious. “A new generation of conservative leadership.” One of them was ran out of congress one rails less than 4 years after that book was published. The second tripped into leadership, did nothing with his new power, and then resigned a depressed laughing stock. And the only survivor of the trio is the one dude whom even his own party doesn’t want anywhere near the levers of power.

It’s like Babe Ruth calling the shot early and then letting the ball hit him in the face so hard it shatters his cheekbone and ends his career on the spot.

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Ice Phisherman posted:

Paul Ryan skipped leg day today tell you that you're full of it.

(He's actually one of the least effective house speakers in history and that's pretty loving sweet.)

Hes listening to creed unironically here. Either that or the collected speechs of hitler.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
He's actually listening to Rage Against the Machine. seriously

ManBoyChef
Aug 1, 2019

Deadbeat Dad

Chilichimp posted:

If you mean they're all right-aligned and are underselling it or flat out ignoring it, then I agree with you.

you are right. The fact they arent saying that trump is blatantly lying and that the testimony from the fact witnesses is damning is pretty bad.

Spun Dog
Sep 21, 2004

Smellrose

oxsnard posted:

Nah, he was raging against the social safety net.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

nine-gear crow posted:

To me, it’s the sub-title of the book that’s the most hilarious. “A new generation of conservative leadership.” One of them was ran out of congress one rails less than 4 years after that book was published. The second tripped into leadership, did nothing with his new power, and then resigned a depressed laughing stock. And the only survivor of the trio is the one dude whom even his own party doesn’t want anywhere near the levers of power.

It’s like Babe Ruth calling the shot early and then letting the ball hit him in the face so hard it shatters his cheekbone and ends his career on the spot.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

The Glumslinger posted:

Why even have a button there if you're not supposed to use it?
Imaging 4 buttons on the end of a shirt...

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Pence has been a naughty boy too

https://www.politico.com/news/2019/12/06/adam-schiff-pence-jennifer-williams-impeachment-077532

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

oxsnard posted:

This. And at least Tom Morello has Called him out on it.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1203401041225629700

lmao yes, Castor did such a good job, give him more time

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

this is probably really boring. in her public testimony she mentioned that this call was still non-public and she would be happy to talk about it in a classified session, and indicated several times that nothing untoward or particularly relevant happened in this call

it's almost certainly routine obstruction that doesn't benefit them at all, rather than actually trying to hide something significant, given how little she seemed to care about what was said in that particular convo

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

https://twitter.com/woodruffbets/status/1203401041225629700

lmao yes, Castor did such a good job, give him more time

Cool, they're just calling the Intel committee majority and minority counsel?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead

Gnumonic posted:

If Trump's dumb enough to testify that might be the one thing that would actually lead to his removal. He can't go thirty seconds without lying and there's no way in hell he wouldn't blatantly perjure himself. God I hope he does it.

the ratings would be truly remarkable, and Trump does love ratings

too bad his lawyers would hack his leg off with an axe and be shot by the Secret Service to stop him

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Chilichimp posted:

Cool, they're just calling the Intel committee majority and minority counsel?

https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/1203401458756063233

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

nine-gear crow posted:

you're thinking of ray chapman

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

This is pretty good indication that the house plans on passing articles before Christmas, huh

Otteration
Jan 4, 2014

I CAN'T SAY PRESIDENT DONALD JOHN TRUMP'S NAME BECAUSE HE'S LIKE THAT GUY FROM HARRY POTTER AND I'M AFRAID I'LL SUMMON HIM. DONALD JOHN TRUMP. YOUR FAVORITE PRESIDENT.
OUR 47TH PRESIDENT AFTER THE ONE WHO SHOWERS WITH HIS DAUGHTER DIES
Grimey Drawer

eke out posted:

this is probably really boring. in her public testimony she mentioned that this call was still non-public and she would be happy to talk about it in a classified session, and indicated several times that nothing untoward or particularly relevant happened in this call

it's almost certainly routine obstruction that doesn't benefit them at all, rather than actually trying to hide something significant, given how little she seemed to care about what was said in that particular convo

Routine obstruction. "Routine obstruction" in a political scenario = we get to assume whatever facts we want, like maybe Pence yakked about murdering a horse and subsequently defiling its corpse.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Otteration posted:

Routine obstruction. "Routine obstruction" in a political scenario = we get to assume whatever facts we want, like maybe Pence yakked about murdering a horse and subsequently defiling its corpse.

please keep whatever slash you're writing out of this thread

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy
McCarthy, like Gohmert, strikes me as a deeply stupid man. How does he compare to the 'hmert?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Gohmert is, idk how to put it, imagine a room full of stupid people, gohmert is the one they all elect to be their king

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Them having Stephen Castor be counsel for both committees is preeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeetty telling, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

eke out posted:

please keep whatever slash you're writing out of this thread

That post is based on things we know about Pence, though.