Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Vintersorg posted:

RIP that place. Gutted. Didnt know the IRC was still going on though.

it's still mostly the same people. fyi skroll here if you didnt know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OpaqueEcho
Feb 8, 2003

oh no no bro oh no
Necropanther is very fun

https://necropanther.bandcamp.com/track/renew

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.
i would happily support more bands and buy their shirts if they would hit my unloved hell state (Indiana)

(and also stop scheduling concerts on week days I work at a school i have to be up at 7 jfc)

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Cheapsteaks posted:

(and also stop scheduling concerts on week days I work at a school i have to be up at 7 jfc)

Pssh I’m old and get up at 5am for work and I still go to weekday shows

Nazzadan
Jun 22, 2016

The worst part of weekday shows is the bar most local shows is at has another bar in the stage room and they never open it unless it's a weekend show so you have to walk an extra 20 feet to get a drink.

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

The worst part of local shows near me is the frankly ludicrous start times of 5pm. Granted it's only been a few recent ones but holy poo poo that is some nonsense

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Wachter posted:

The worst part of local shows near me is the frankly ludicrous start times of 5pm. Granted it's only been a few recent ones but holy poo poo that is some nonsense

Oh man I would love that. So jealous

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Phone double post

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

V O I
D G A
Z E R

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wachter posted:

gotta squeeze in a few more local pay to play bands to get those ticket sales

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Yeah, who then have to play to empty rooms because everyone's still at work

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Are there really still pay to play venues? I feel like I haven’t heard of that in a very long time.

Count Thrashula
Jun 1, 2003

Death is nothing compared to vindication.
Buglord

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

They just released their debut back in October.

gently caress I didn't realize!!

Cheapsteaks
Apr 25, 2008

Getting a heavy metal avatar leads to far fewer regrets than a heavy metal tattoo.

Snowy posted:

Pssh I’m old and get up at 5am for work and I still go to weekday shows

Faaair enough.

I mostly live with a paranoid fear of falling asleep at the wheel or at work the one day I would actually try to make a concert before work because I'm lulled to sleep by the ringing in my ears.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Snowy posted:

Are there really still pay to play venues? I feel like I haven’t heard of that in a very long time.

ooooohhhhh yeah there are. It sucks.

l33tfuzzbox
Apr 3, 2009
Skimmed and didnt see this. New sylosis. Album drops in February.

https://youtu.be/dZDd-MwuvcM

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
I use Spotify but very rarely for any extreme metal. It's mainly a nostalgia depository for my '80s/'90s hip-hop and rap love, as well as the terrible, terrible, terrible nu-metal that I love from the early '00s. I also use it for podcasts.

Other than that I'm still using a at-capacity 160gb iPod for work, and when I'm feeling like something newer that I haven't put on the iPod I'll hook up my phone and use bandcamp.

Weaponized Cum
Aug 31, 2004

This post brought to you by the finest Miami cocaine money can buy ----->

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I have a NAS thats running Plex that I use for music storage.

Does the Subsonic iOS app support carplay?

No idea. I replaced having a car with ridesharing 5 years ago

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
Can’t help the boomer in me. Gotta fill my 3 car garage with SOMETHING

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I know some metal fans who share a Dropbox and keep it updated with new good poo poo all the time.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat
man nekrofilth still rules

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pc8sI7-SrE

it's insane how many times i've worked "i'm going to get an ultrasound and hopefully get an abortion so i can keep using" into a conversation at work

CRIP EATIN BREAD fucked around with this message at 08:18 on Dec 7, 2019

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

The Muppets On PCP posted:

gotta squeeze in a few more local pay to play bands to get those ticket sales

Don't small bands have to pay the venue to play?

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

Pay-to-play is absolutely a thing in the UK. Pay a venue/promoter to get "exposure" at the bottom of a bill containing well-known bands, then play for 30 minutes to a mostly empty, sober room. It's a racket.

My best friend was in a band who got stung by a predatory record label con man running a pay-to-record scam. His label had actually put out some albums by a couple of sort-of-well-known bands (Mendeed and Trigger The Bloodshed being probably the best known) so he had some cred, but his MO at this point was to charge a substantial up-front fee, promise promotion and a guaranteed review in the big UK metal magazines, record the album, and then sit on it. In hindsight it was all so transparently a con, but they were so blindsided by the prospect of being in Kerrang that they just went along with it. I think theirs was the last band he screwed over before he finally saved up enough money to piss off to Barbados :commissar:

Wachter fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Dec 7, 2019

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

Wow, I missed a lot. My most listened to artist is King Diamond, followed by Disentomb every year.

Links:

Path to War is cool: https://pathtowar.bandcamp.com/album/unjustified-genocide

New Cult of Fire track (I forgot if anyone posted this): https://cultoffire.bandcamp.com/album/un-clean

I found this record for $3 and it sure lives up to a band called Alleway playing an album called "Let's Get Destroyed" https://alleyway.bandcamp.com/album/lets-get-destroyed

Dipygus, chunky death metal from earlier in the year: https://expansionabyss.bandcamp.com/album/deathooze

Infiltrate, more crossover: https://infiltrate666.bandcamp.com/album/sacrificial-combat

Iceberg-Slim
Oct 7, 2003

no re okay
Kind of late the Spotify party but I share mine with my Korean wife, hence:

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Iceberg-Slim posted:

This is the most powerful list so far :black101:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Iceberg-Slim posted:

Lol

DROP TABLE PHIZ
Feb 10, 2018

IF YOU AIN'T GETTIN LIT YOU BETTER STAY OUT BITCH

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Did you get the companion album they released that was a totally different genre?

yeah its pretty cool too but the grind one has gotten far more spins

HeavingGirth
Oct 6, 2014

I didn't realize one was coming, but there's a new Rattenfanger album out: https://rattenfanger.bandcamp.com/

Death metal from the dudes in Drudkh

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm
Here in Chicago pay-to-play seems to be certained around specific venues usually. One time one asked us to play some decent show without mentioning selling tickets. After we accepted they said "okay so what we need" blah blah whatever ticket spiel. Immediately replied "lol nevermind we aren't interested."

Either way there is always some newer band willing to do it thinking thats how its done and opening for this band will really get them out there. Whats really sad is when a band thats been around 10-20 years opens up a pay to play show. SAD. You can pretty much identify if a show is pay to play by how bad the openers are vs the openers being good and fitting the show.

Looks like Sanguisugabogg is opening the Colombus, OH show of the Rippikoulu/Chthe'ilist/Nucleus tour. Dope.

Wyzt fucked around with this message at 22:39 on Dec 7, 2019

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Wyzt posted:

You can pretty much identify if a show is pay to play by how bad the openers are vs the openers being good and fitting the show.

also if there's like ten bands on a tuesday night and doors open at 4pm and it's a 1am curfew

AstroWhale
Mar 28, 2009

Iceberg-Slim posted:

Bolt Thrower is actually K-Pop

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Wyzt posted:

Here in Chicago pay-to-play seems to be certained around specific venues usually. One time one asked us to play some decent show without mentioning selling tickets. After we accepted they said "okay so what we need" blah blah whatever ticket spiel. Immediately replied "lol nevermind we aren't interested."

Either way there is always some newer band willing to do it thinking thats how its done and opening for this band will really get them out there. Whats really sad is when a band thats been around 10-20 years opens up a pay to play show. SAD. You can pretty much identify if a show is pay to play by how bad the openers are vs the openers being good and fitting the show.

Looks like Sanguisugabogg is opening the Colombus, OH show of the Rippikoulu/Chthe'ilist/Nucleus tour. Dope.

Any idea where the Detroit shows going to be yet?

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Henchman of Santa posted:

There are a lot of bands that sound sort of like them but they're all boring.

Warrel Dane is the key difference

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Warrel Dane is the key difference

Weird after reading your post I was thinking "whatever happened to him" and then it turns out he was dead.

I had no idea.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Weird after reading your post I was thinking "whatever happened to him" and then it turns out he was dead.

I had no idea.

Yeah he had a heart attack or something while out touring solo. It was sad.

Wyzt
Mar 22, 2007

At the Heart of the Swarm

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Any idea where the Detroit shows going to be yet?

Its at Sanctuary.

Wyzt fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Dec 8, 2019

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

Henchman of Santa posted:

Yeah he had a heart attack or something while out touring solo. It was sad.

In Brazil recording his 2nd solo album but yeah, lame and sucks and i hate it

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

InsidiousMuppet posted:

I didn't realize one was coming, but there's a new Rattenfanger album out: https://rattenfanger.bandcamp.com/

Death metal from the dudes in Drudkh

Aw yeah dudes from Drudkh who are also the dudes from Hate Forest. Yeah no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Wyzt posted:

Its at Sanctuary.

hell yes sanctuary rules