Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

It is a relevant question is that up or down relative to last year? Per ride? Per vehicle mile travelled?

As a headline number it sucks, but are they improving or doing better relative to alternative options?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!
Anyone have ULTA calls?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Looking forward to the jobs numbers getting conveniently revised downward in a few months.

That said, jfc it's impressive how resilient the economy has been to this shitshow presidency.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

Looking forward to the jobs numbers getting conveniently revised downward in a few months.

That said, jfc it's impressive how resilient the economy has been to this shitshow presidency.

hEs A bUsiNeSs MaN

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Unemployment rate falls to 3.5%, matching half-century low

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
There’s an angle on stock buybacks here

fougera
Apr 5, 2009
Double post

fougera fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Dec 6, 2019

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
A stock so nice you bought it back twice.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008

I can’t remember because we live in hell and are bombarded with five thousand lovely headlines per hour but have any economic numbers not been revised down for the last couple years?

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
Yeah but 2019's revision of 2018's numbers were the biggest since 2009 so in 2020 I'm expecting to find out that actually we were all unemployed during 2019.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Biden wants to increase the maximum long-term tax rate on capital gains from 23.8% to 43.4% :stare:

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP
Got out of Macys at 15.50. Can't beleive brole even on this pos finally!

Back in at 15.23.

Femur fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Dec 6, 2019

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
Regarding job numbers;there were also one time census workers
Not sure how much that moves the needle.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!

it's impressive how resilient the economy has been to this shitshow presidency.

Tax cuts, low interest rates, and an ongoing and massive government stimulus (trillion dollar deficits).

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I can't wait for servicing the national debt to cripple the economy in a decade or so.

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
Have you heard of this thing called QE?

Or perhaps this rail gun bere.

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I can't wait for servicing the national debt to cripple the economy in a decade or so.

By what mechanism?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I kept thinking over the summer that the next stock market crash was imminent , but now I feel lost. It's like a seesaw over tariff negotiations and stubbornly resilent markets have dominated Q4. When is something gonna give?

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Just buy puts on the indices and your money will be worth even more once business have to drop prices due to widespread demand drops! (Because of the homelessness)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I should’ve gotten out of CRTX yesterday :(

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Grouchio posted:

I kept thinking over the summer that the next stock market crash was imminent , but now I feel lost. It's like a seesaw over tariff negotiations and stubbornly resilent markets have dominated Q4. When is something gonna give?

If anyone knew they would be millionaires. Billionaires.

Lord_Hambrose posted:

Thankfully the debt is funded in US dollars. Just wait until the dollar is no longer the global currency, whenever that happens. That will be fun haha.

Michael Transactions fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Dec 6, 2019

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

paternity suitor posted:

By what mechanism?

If the us dollar stops being the world reserve currency. I dont think that is going to happen but that would be a way.

Edit: well that will teach me to read the thread.

Comrayn
Jul 22, 2008
You will hear all about the national debt constantly starting January 21, 2021. I think I have made this post in here before.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Comrayn posted:

You will hear all about the national debt constantly starting January 21, 2021. I think I have made this post in here before.

Not when bernie sets reasonable corporate tax rates.

Really the larger countries need to get together for a global corporate tax agreement. That would be ideal and therefore will never ever ever ever ever ever happen.

Sorry, I thought this was a CSPAM thread. What should I buy as penance?

Femur
Jan 10, 2004
We just have to gently caress deleware up.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

paternity suitor posted:

By what mechanism?

https://www.cbo.gov/publication/55151

All our government spending has to come from somewhere after all. It is pretty handy everyone is always willing to lend the US government money, and God forbid this ever changes. Yikes.

As long as the rest of the world is trading in dollars, we are basically going to be like Greece in our lifetimes.

MilkDud
Sep 11, 2001

greasyhands posted:

I kept telling myself to buy EXPR down at $2 but i just sat and watched instead

I hope you bought some at the time of this post! I did because of you.

Also, hi. I lurk a lot.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Lord_Hambrose posted:

As long as the rest of the world is trading in dollars, we are basically going to be like Greece in our lifetimes.

Yeah, but people have been saying this before most of us were born. Dollar collapse any day now since Nixon took us off the gold standard in 1971.

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

Agronox posted:

Yeah, but people have been saying this before most of us were born. Dollar collapse any day now since Nixon took us off the gold standard in 1971.

Oh sure but that doesn't mean it isn't true. I don't believe that anything so drastic as a collapse will happen, but that isn't the same thing as laughing it off as not important.

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Mint the platinum coin.

Ulio
Feb 17, 2011

spb posted:

If anyone knew they would be millionaires. Billionaires.

Thankfully the debt is funded in US dollars. Just wait until the dollar is no longer the global currency, whenever that happens. That will be fun haha.

Ya that's why the national debt has always been a issue even since the 20s but hardly mattered because of US's reserve status. Unfortunately I don't see any other currency that is as stable as USD as of yet.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib
A few more moron presidents might do it.

LLCoolJD
Dec 8, 2007

Musk threatens the inorganic promotion of left-wing ideology that had been taking place on the platform

Block me for being an unironic DeSantis fan, too!
China is working on a blockchain currency but I have no idea who would adopt it.

MetaJew
Apr 14, 2006
Gather round, one and all, and thrill to my turgid tales of underwhelming misadventure!

LLCoolJD posted:

China is working on a blockchain currency but I have no idea who would adopt it.

1.7 billion WeChat users would be forced to adopt it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't adopt something from China, they probably stole it from someone!!

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Josh Lyman posted:

I should’ve gotten out of CRTX yesterday :(

I think I'm gonna jump back in since it's below $30 again. Give it the ol' in-out-in!

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think I'm gonna jump back in since it's below $30 again. Give it the ol' in-out-in!

Good luck catching that falling knife.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
CRTX will go UP in late 2021 if their drug works

It will go DOWN in late 2021 if their drug doesn't

Absolutely impossible to know anything about their drug before then. They've only just started feeding old people the pills in the past few days.

Expect it to bounce around between $10 and $50 based on extreme low volume momentum, but in 2022 it's either going to be $1 or $1,000 a share

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

CRTX will go UP in late 2021 if their drug works

It will go DOWN in late 2021 if their drug doesn't

Absolutely impossible to know anything about their drug before then. They've only just started feeding old people the pills in the past few days.

Expect it to bounce around between $10 and $50 based on extreme low volume momentum, but in 2022 it's either going to be $1 or $1,000 a share

Biotech gambling is my favorite gambling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

Harry Potter on Ice posted:

Biotech gambling is my favorite gambling

I am a lurker, but, same. Give me all those potential pharmaceuticals and biotech!