Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

painted into a coroner posted:

There's a disappointing amount of people with Confederate stickers/imagery in Cork, Ireland because it's known as the "Rebel County"!

As for Canada, it was so weird hearing the "we're full" line when the country has a population of like 30 or so million? The UK has way more with far, far less land and it's still not "full". Who would have thought racists don't think rationally?

Let me tell you how the Moon landing really went:

gently caress off...

*static*

we're full...

Edit: 99 is cockney fash code for 'i'll 'itler

Braggart fucked around with this message at 11:55 on Dec 7, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Debbie Does Dagon posted:

Ergo calling Musk a pedo isn't defamation, right?

I hope someone gets something like #pedobillionaire or #pedoguymusk trending

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

What does this fascinating diagram say about Corbyn's link to Global Marxism

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Bundy posted:

Yeah I cannot emphasise this enough. I listened to a PIP assessor look my fiancee straight in the eyes when we were appealing losing her PIP (mental health/BPD) and say "well you can obviously dress and groom yourself" because one of the issues my fiancee suffers with is self image/other's perception so refuses to go _anywhere_ without "on a night out" levels of make up, literally her "war paint". Regardless of the loving hours of turmoil just leading up to the loving assessment. She was denied and couldn't face going to tribunals on top of trying to find work.

It's awful to need to do but I can only recommend when you turn up you literally look like it's the worst day you've ever had. Wear the same set of clothes as often as you can, don't shower for a couple of days. I hate giving this advice but it's likely to work.

They benefit from people assuming that they can't be that bad, but they absolutely loving are. Go in with full cynicism, because they are monsters.

I thought I did go into the assessment properly cynical. I was wrong. I read the report afterwards (you have the right to request a copy) and there were some eyebrow-raising interpretations. If there is a next time, I will be properly cynical.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Dec 7, 2019

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
left-wing people in Being In Contact And Working Together To Achieve Common Goals shocker

actually given the history of the british left wing maybe that is a shocker

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW!!! :freep:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Braggart posted:

They benefit from people assuming that they can't be that bad, but they absolutely loving are. Go in with full cynicism, because they are monsters.

I thought I did go into the assessment properly cynical. I was wrong. I read the report afterwards (you have the right to request a copy) and there were some eyebrow-raising interpretations. If there is a next time, I will be properly cynical.

I've been fortunate enough to not have to get properly involved with DWP for about 15 years now, are they targeted to just not give anything away or something?

About 8 years ago I got made redundant and applied for income/housing support while I jobhunted because living paycheque to paycheque is really cool, which I heard nothing back about until 3 months after I'd already managed to find another job :v:

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Continuity RCP posted:

if you're wallowing in despair gently caress off and do it privately

Well that's certainly sound advice and not the literal definition of cult behaviour.

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

It's the Circle of Life video but as a spirograph and unironic.

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Well that's certainly sound advice and not the literal definition of cult behaviour.

By literal do you mean not literal

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

I've been fortunate enough to not have to get properly involved with DWP for about 15 years now, are they targeted to just not give anything away or something?

Yes. They have brutal targets to meet, and the system is designed to be as obtuse, grinding and stressful as possible to discourage people from starting or continuing the process. And if you give up partway, then obviously you weren't serious and were just a chancer. I know many people who gave up. Some are being supported by friends and family who mostly can't really afford to. Some are dead.

quote:

About 8 years ago I got made redundant and applied for income/housing support while I jobhunted because living paycheque to paycheque is really cool, which I heard nothing back about until 3 months after I'd already managed to find another job :v:

That's just a taste. It's all designed to make you go "what's the point?" and not bother.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Continuity RCP posted:

By literal do you mean not literal

No I mean literal.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Hugs Twisto. Your fears are reasonable. But I hope you can take heart.

:glomp:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

goddamnedtwisto posted:

No I mean literal.

I hope you can make peace with the impending end of the world

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Continuity RCP posted:

Stop taking the piss. You are not helping.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
im glad that corbyn had that presser about the govt documents proving that johnson was lying about the order in the irish sea but lol if im supposed to believe any home county dads give two shits about northern ireland

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
I already apologised and posted a rather hopeful thing about how the election isn't the alpha and omega of political action but gdt had to get a jab in

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Continuity RCP posted:

I already apologised and posted a rather hopeful thing about how the election isn't the alpha and omega of political action but gdt had to get a jab in

In response to you being lovely to them. And now you're smugly needling them about the definitions of words.

You do not have to always have the last word.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
yeah i have the last word

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
But I want to

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
Bad energy in the UKMT this morn.

Knuckle down, fellow knuckleheads, whether in hope or defiance. Tories delenda est one way or another

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I'm sad because I'm going to miss the Billy Bragg concert in Southampton today. Going to be there to see Owen Jones tomorrow though.

Aphex-
Jan 29, 2006

Dinosaur Gum

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

You were right goons, I needed more D in my life. Its like no matter how tired or awake I was, there was a constant feeling of sluggishness dragging me down, and after a week it has been gradually melting away. I've started drawing and having a crack at Unity again, and it feels weird to not immediately start yawning and feeling fatigued. I always just put it down to laziness. :shrug:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Angepain posted:

oh god that was a fun rabbit hole to look into on a saturday morning. reference was unintentional in case anyone's wondering

I felt it highly unlikely and I only even know of it because of the cspam alt right thread but it's wild that there are multiple far right SA offshoot forums after people got banned here

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
It's been getting worse in terms of the attacks on Corbyn.

Even just looking into the blank, lifeless, dead cold eyes of the gammon confirms that we still have much to do

Debbie Does Dagon
Jul 8, 2005

In regards to pessimism chat, it's worth remembering that the reason we're having this election is because the Tories were a zombie government, Johnson is the worst PM on record, and everything Cum Tzu tried hilariously backfired. Even if they win they're going to fall flat on their faces and get VoNC'd within 3 months

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Continuity RCP posted:

You literally told someone "If you can't share my worldview then GTFO". Now quite apart from the fact that you told someone you characterised as "wallowing in despair" to go it on their own - which is loving ridiculous in a thread with the high level of depression and other problems that this one has - "comply or be shunned" is the common thread of every single cult in history.

On the wider point - if I actually believed for one second Labour were cruising to victory I'd be in bed having a wank right now rather than being on my way to loving Thurrock. Don't you loving dare tell anyone that they are in some way not as useful to the cause because they don't share your opinion of the outcome.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Weird BIAS posted:

Lol I've had people in Alberta say to me that interprovincial immigrants should go back to their own loving provinces and start cursing Ontarians and "Newfies" without a hint of irony. This is a province that 10+ years ago had a loving labour shortage that was being largely filled by Texas oil workers and the temporary foreign worker program.

Go back to the odd numbered side! This side is for evens, not oddballs like you! :argh:

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Okay. Hope is a lie, friends

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
I met a woman from Liverpool who had been living and working in North Wales (less than 20 miles from Liverpool) for 20+ years and she was telling me how she and others get the 'go back to where you come from and stop stealing our homes / jobs / husbands' etc from North Wales' natives.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You were right goons, I needed more D in my life. Its like no matter how tired or awake I was, there was a constant feeling of sluggishness dragging me down, and after a week it has been gradually melting away. I've started drawing and having a crack at Unity again, and it feels weird to not immediately start yawning and feeling fatigued. I always just put it down to laziness. :shrug:

Glad you find it's helping.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

agreed oh wait that’s not what you meant by D

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Continuity RCP posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Continuity RCP posted:

Look for my part I'm willing to just this go but please could you do the same

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Calm down thread, it's Super Canvassing Saturday.

I just got canvassed by Labour, shortly before going canvassing for Labour :psyduck:

At least I don't have to go pick up my own window poster now.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

RockyB posted:

Calm down thread, it's Super Canvassing Saturday.

I just got canvassed by Labour, shortly before going canvassing for Labour :psyduck:

At least I don't have to go pick up my own window poster now.

I heard you like a little labour in your labour

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Continuity RCP posted:

Thread just booted out the weird landlord dude for his vile mental health take but if you’re worried about the election you can gently caress off and wallow in your own misery. Cool cool cool.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I'm gonna canvass some more as well

pitch a fitness
Mar 19, 2010

lol at building a network around an individual and then finding that any network analysis places that same individual at the epicenter.
lol2 at placing concepts in a social network without clearly distinguishing them from agents/orgs.
lol3 at including what looks to be agents of at least 3 or 4 degrees of separation from Corbyn, when anyone could fart out a stronger connection between Corbyn & Murdoch in like 3 steps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
curious placement and imagine if it was labour investigating 3 candidates for antisemitism