Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a mutie?
Yes
No
View Results

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

feel like an idiot for unequipping a ctpe today, but on the other hand, im gonna rescue a few 200% damage procs trapped on lovely characters

Hopefully now that the heat thing is fixed it'll save some battery life. It's been pretty brutal since the update.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I've only recently been paying attention to Custom Gear/CTP and such. I'd like to take advantage of this discount to maybe optimize my dudes.

I've got one Authority I haven't assigned yet.

Currently, I have:

T3 Jean with Destruction
T3 Deadpool with Destruction
Quicksilver with Destruction
Sharon Rogers with Energy
Shang-Chi with Energy
Blue Marvel with Energy (L60 T1)
Dr. Strange with Transcendence
Ebony Maw with Transcendence (although he's only at Level 52 and won't be increasing for a while with low BAM and Surfer to deal with)
Mysterio with Transcendence
America Chavez with Transcendence
Black Bolt with Transcendence
Anti-Man with Transcendence (L60 T1)
Ben Grimm with Refinement
Rogue with Patience
Thanos with Authority

T3 Panther with GBI + Lightning Resist
T3 Cap with GBI + Lightning Resist
T3 Thor with Lightning Damage + Lightning Resist
70 Carol with a Guard Break immunity Gear
68 Reed with GBI + Critical Rate bonus
Namor with GBI + Ignore Dodge
Cyclops with a 72% Recovery Rate
Magneto has Immune to Snare and Mind Resist
Iron Man has Immune to Web and Lightning Resist
Spider-Man has Immune to Web and Cold Resist
Apocalypse has Ignore Defense 17%
Wolverine has Immune to Web and Poison Resist

Any thoughts on how I should rearrange these?

I've got almost every non-paywall at T2 at this point (Kid Omega, Gorilla Man and Sword Master are 6-starred and in progress, as are the Crystal gang of Iceman and Sabes, with Surfer at 55, haven't sprung for Wave, Slapstick, Negasonic, Aero or Adam Warlock). Arachnknight, Weapon Hex, Nick Fury, Ghost Panther, Quasar, Nova, Luna Snow are all 6* 60 T1. Corvus Glaive is the only Black Order maxed up.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Huh. I was wondering why my phone was feeling real hot and the battery seemed to be draining faster the last week. Though it was just more evidence that I need to gift myself a new one for Christmas.

I'm just glad they fixed that Assemble Points thing. Its so minor but it was driving me crazy.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Steve Vader posted:

I've only recently been paying attention to Custom Gear/CTP and such. I'd like to take advantage of this discount to maybe optimize my dudes.

You might want to ask on the discord or check on the reddit daily questions thread as there's probably a bunch of people in the same boat talking about it right now. I haven't seen much talk about CTPs in this thread. I need to look into it myself. I have energy on Cable and Jean from when they were new, a rage on Luna, and about 12 various unexciting ones sitting in my inventory I haven't assigned yet.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just give everyone one with Immunity to Guard Break and either Damage Proc or Invincibility. I save the big Damage Procs for the useful characters. And then I toss CTPs on the real big guns I want to push over the tope. I have like half a dozen CTPs in my inventory though so this is probably a good time to actually spend some time and figure out if anyone has a wrong one.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Currently, I have:

T3 Jean with Destruction
Shang-Chi with Energy
Ebony Maw with Transcendence (although he's only at Level 52 and won't be increasing for a while with low BAM and Surfer to deal with)
Rogue with Patience
Thanos with Authority

I've got almost every non-paywall at T2 at this point (Kid Omega, Gorilla Man and Sword Master are 6-starred and in progress, as are the Crystal gang of Iceman and Sabes, with Surfer at 55, haven't sprung for Wave, Slapstick, Negasonic, Aero or Adam Warlock). Arachnknight, Weapon Hex, Nick Fury, Ghost Panther, Quasar, Nova, Luna Snow are all 6* 60 T1. Corvus Glaive is the only Black Order maxed up.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H0Hcl9oVZV9gA266xkJAqPv5bD1qwqhC5NeVbLj_-FE/htmlview

click the ctp tab, its a decent list of who is best for each ctp. tldr, rage and energy are good for pve content, authority and regen are good for pvp characters, destruction is good for characters who do both pvp and pve, with a few quirks (for example, dont put ctp destruction on a character who has native penetrate cos it wastes the penetrate stat).

you say you only recently started paying attention to custom gears, so ill quickly explain how it works. you farm em up from dimension missions. you take an obelisk that you like the primary stat on (GBI is a fine choice, its always useful) and then you level the obelisk up. the second stat can roll anything that the first stat can, and the third stat is unique, and theres only two good ones: damage proc, and invincibility proc. invincibility proc is only good for pvp, so you will usually want a damage proc, which goes from 100-200%. if i roll a damage proc i usually stop upgrading the obelisk and lock it, and use it on a character i dont really care about. once the obelisk gets to 6*, if its bad, do not equip it. instead, you combine a 6* obelisk with a second 6* obelisk to reroll the stats on the first one.

then you just keep doing this until you get an obelisk you like and stick it on one of your characters. repeat until everyone has a decent obelisk and then youre ready to start rolling for more specific obelisks like double-mind-damage-plus-damage-proc or something.

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Dec 4, 2019

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

and i would say definitely take the ctp energies off of shang chi and blue marvel

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

punchymcpunch posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1H0Hcl9oVZV9gA266xkJAqPv5bD1qwqhC5NeVbLj_-FE/htmlview

click the ctp tab, its a decent list of who is best for each ctp. tldr, rage and energy are good for pve content, authority and regen are good for pvp characters, destruction is good for characters who do both pvp and pve, with a few quirks (for example, dont put ctp destruction on a character who has native penetrate cos it wastes the penetrate stat).

you say you only recently started paying attention to custom gears, so ill quickly explain how it works. you farm em up from dimension missions. you take an obelisk that you like the primary stat on (GBI is a fine choice, its always useful) and then you level the obelisk up. the second stat can roll anything that the first stat can, and the third stat is unique, and theres only two good ones: damage proc, and invincibility proc. invincibility proc is only good for pvp, so you will usually want a damage proc, which goes from 100-200%. if i roll a damage proc i usually stop upgrading the obelisk and lock it, and use it on a character i dont really care about. once the obelisk gets to 6*, if its bad, do not equip it. instead, you combine a 6* obelisk with a second 6* obelisk to reroll the stats on the first one.

then you just keep doing this until you get an obelisk you like and stick it on one of your characters. repeat until everyone has a decent obelisk and then youre ready to start rolling for more specific obelisks like double-mind-damage-plus-damage-proc or something.

Thank you for this. I was always thinking that the "Activation Rate" thing referred to the second stat kicking in, but I guess it's for the third thing. So "Creates an energy shield" or whatever is useless, I need some damage percentage or Invincibility.

I've got a crap ton of 6* saved up - I was originally focusing only on the first stat and trying to make that Ignore Defense or Immune to Web (PVP Spidey was biting my rear end at that point) or Stun/Snare/Fear - not completely sure of the differences between those three things, although I'm assuming Fear is the one that makes you run away. Only recently learned that Guard Break Immunity is the big thing to get on those obelisks.

So I took the CTP Energy off of Blue Marv and Shang-Chi. Poor Blue Marv. I like you but I'm not going to pay 50 bucks to level you.

This whole giant wall of numbers with spreadsheets when it comes to fiddling with stats promises to eventually burn me out, but right now I'm hoping for noticeable improvements, which I guess means I'll really need to focus on leveling up all the drat urus on each dude.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Steve Vader posted:

Stun/Snare/Fear - not completely sure of the differences between those three things, although I'm assuming Fear is the one that makes you run away.

same, no idea. i think the abx monster does snare on one of the days but i cant remember which, i dunno if any wbus do it. i think maybe the proxima spears are stun but im not sure.

Steve Vader posted:

This whole giant wall of numbers with spreadsheets when it comes to fiddling with stats promises to eventually burn me out

yeah ignore all that. i just thought you might like the ctp tab because its got every ctp and then a list of the characters who can best utilize it so its a quick way to decide who to put em on.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Yes, that tab is good and I'm working on it now.

Noticing that this seems to indicate that "Ignore Dodge" is better than "Ignore Defense," which I thought was the other way around.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

yeah the reason for that is that the general consensus is you want to get your ignore defense from cards, same deal with cooldown reduction. because every single character needs to cap ignore defense, getting most of it from cards is just easier. and if you do that, then ignore defense on obelisks becomes a dead stat.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

Currently, I have:

T3 Jean with Destruction
Shang-Chi with Energy
Rogue with Patience
Thanos with Authority

I'd really, really take destruction off of Jean and give her authority, since she needs the invincible. She's probably the #1 character and that's easily the #1 CTP for her.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

She isn't even on the Authority list on that spreadsheet. They are currently on Thanos and Surfer...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I have one of the defensive CTPs, forget which, on my Wolverine, and I'll frequently end up in Timeline Battle situations where Wolverine and the opponent won't be able to outdamage each others' recovery rates and end up running out the clock. This happened against some guy's Thanos just the other day.

Deadpool is similar, though for some reason Wolverine seems even harder to kill despite Deadpool having the regeneration CTP (the one Wolverine has isn't regeneration, but some other defensive one).

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

Steve Vader posted:

She isn't even on the Authority list on that spreadsheet. They are currently on Thanos and Surfer...

That's weird, especially since they said Regen for Jean.

Authority is good for Thanos and Surfer but Regen is even better if you ever get one of those.

On the other hand, Jean's healing isn't affected by her regeneration rate, so she doesn't get the benefit of that CTP, making Authority the best for combined PVE and PVP. She'll do enough damage for both WBU and TL with the damage buff, although a bit less than characters with Rage in PVE, gets the guard break immunity that she needs, and be she'll be able to stay alive with the invincibility and her healing.

So, Regen on Jean isn't that great for PVP and especially PVE, since her damage will be low, and the Rage they suggests wastes her TL potential.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

authoritys the best of those on jean for pvp but it seems like a waste to just gear her for pvp. i put a guard break immune + dmg proc on mine and she still gets a 90% winrate in timeline.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

bobmcdynamite posted:

That's weird, especially since they said Regen for Jean.

Authority is good for Thanos and Surfer but Regen is even better if you ever get one of those.

On the other hand, Jean's healing isn't affected by her regeneration rate, so she doesn't get the benefit of that CTP, making Authority the best for combined PVE and PVP. She'll do enough damage for both WBU and TL with the damage buff, although a bit less than characters with Rage in PVE, gets the guard break immunity that she needs, and be she'll be able to stay alive with the invincibility and her healing.

So, Regen on Jean isn't that great for PVP and especially PVE, since her damage will be low, and the Rage they suggests wastes her TL potential.

the shield and the max hp on regen. shes so good that even with one wasted stat shes still a great candidate for the ctp.

punchymcpunch fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 5, 2019

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

I took Destruction off of Jean and put on a GBI Invincible Mind Damage obelisk on her to keep her open if I ever get a Rage or Regen CTP.

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011

punchymcpunch posted:

authoritys the best of those on jean for pvp but it seems like a waste to just gear her for pvp. i put a guard break immune + dmg proc on mine and she still gets a 90% winrate in timeline.

Authority gives a damage boost that makes her top tier in WBU, too. It's got crit and true damage. It's a great balance for both uses. Regen limits her dramatically in WBU and Rage does the same in TL.

Steve Vader posted:

I took Destruction off of Jean and put on a GBI Invincible Mind Damage obelisk on her to keep her open if I ever get a Rage or Regen CTP.

You probably don't even need to switch with that. That's a drat solid choice of gear.

Steve Vader
Apr 29, 2005

Everyone's Playing!

Invincible is only 3 seconds, though. Mind is up 35%.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
It is my opinion that these new CTPs (greed and insight at least) are garbage.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
It does drive me nuts in this game is that you do all this event stuff, and you get, like one thing out of it. Other games they give you new characters, premium currency, skins, gear, and other good stuff. FF is super stingy with like everything.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

It does drive me nuts in this game is that you do all this event stuff, and you get, like one thing out of it. Other games they give you new characters, premium currency, skins, gear, and other good stuff. FF is super stingy with like everything.

theres three check in events running right now with everything youve listed other than skins.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

This game is weirdly polarized with regards to this stuff, because it lets you access most things without having to pay any money, but the stuff that is monetized (or somewhat monetized, like things that cost crystals) is ludicrously overpriced even compared with other mobile games. Like you said, even if you get all the tokens for an event I don't think it even gives you enough to buy the most expensive thing in the event store. A good example of this is how the recent Black Friday event's "reward" mostly required that you spend huge amounts of crystals on random stuff.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Ytlaya posted:

A good example of this is how the recent Black Friday event's "reward" mostly required that you spend huge amounts of crystals on random stuff.

When I saw that I simply logged in to buy the costumes I wanted and didn't give it a second thought.

They pull stuff like that so often it really has had the opposite effect of me choosing to simply not bother at all.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Ytlaya posted:

This game is weirdly polarized with regards to this stuff, because it lets you access most things without having to pay any money, but the stuff that is monetized (or somewhat monetized, like things that cost crystals) is ludicrously overpriced even compared with other mobile games. Like you said, even if you get all the tokens for an event I don't think it even gives you enough to buy the most expensive thing in the event store. A good example of this is how the recent Black Friday event's "reward" mostly required that you spend huge amounts of crystals on random stuff.

Yea I've noticed that. And you need to do EVERYTHING in a event to get enough tokens to buy the top thing, which is usually a T2 rank up ticket.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
Also usually games paywall the best characters and lets you easily get the C tiers, but this game does the complete opposite, which is very funny to me

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, someone was asking my alliance yesterday what pay characters to get and the consensus was there's like 3 or 4 at best who are really good.

twistedmentat posted:

Yea I've noticed that. And you need to do EVERYTHING in a event to get enough tokens to buy the top thing, which is usually a T2 rank up ticket.
I mean, the tasks are never really that hard as long as you play everyday. And truthfully, the top prize is often not the best one anyway. I'm not wasting my tokens on a T2 ticket when there's 6* ticket there which is way more valuable.

Mumbling
Feb 7, 2015

Wait, a 6 star ticket is more valuable? How so?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, someone was asking my alliance yesterday what pay characters to get and the consensus was there's like 3 or 4 at best who are really good.

I mean, the tasks are never really that hard as long as you play everyday. And truthfully, the top prize is often not the best one anyway. I'm not wasting my tokens on a T2 ticket when there's 6* ticket there which is way more valuable.

Yea I normally get the CCF which are normally slightly cheaper, but they went up in price I noticed, and because i couldn't connect to the COOP boss fight the other day no matter what time of day I did it, so I was unable to complete the days missions.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Mumbling posted:

Wait, a 6 star ticket is more valuable? How so?

You are guaranteed a T2 ticket every month. 6*s are relatively rare and for more annoying characters they let you save 320 hard to get bios that you can then spend on the equipment upgrades to get to T2.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

For many characters 6* is 320 biometrics/x-genes, which is more than you need to go T2 (and the other mats to go T2 aren't very hard to acquire).

Adult Sword Owner posted:

Also usually games paywall the best characters and lets you easily get the C tiers, but this game does the complete opposite, which is very funny to me

The best thing this game does, IMO, is giving you access to some powerful characters that effectively can't (reasonably, anyways) be purchased, like the "Epic Quest" characters, World Boss ones, or Stryfe/Jean Grey. You can reliably get them just through doing daily stuff for a very long time (well, except Stryfe maybe; Colossus x-genes don't seem that practical to acquire).

The exclusive characters seem to usually be the "second best" ones, in the tier below folks like Captain Marvel, Deadpool, etc.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, the way I reason it is my basic approach for pay characters is to use the bio subs to get them to 2 or 3* and then use tickets to get them to 6*. That way I don't waste weeks feeding on character and I can save those days to getting someone's gear up for T2ing. You get tons of 4* tickets and sometimes you get 5*, but you can mostly only get 6* from these stores so I almost always get it. Although last time I had more 6* tickets than 5 so I bought the 5 instead to create another "ticket path" for someone.

T2 tickets come free every month, are given away in other things, and still cost less bios than 6*ing a character does. So its a no brainer for me. If I wasn't grabbing the tickets I'd grab the CCF.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

i'll be getting the uniform ticket, because it saves a whopping 480 bios

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

That's definitely a better value than T2 as well. But I still prefer the 6* tickets for the premium characters even if its like mathematically less of a value. Ranking up costumes is rarely a priority for me and still easier on any farmable character than ranking up a premium is.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

STAC Goat posted:

That's definitely a better value than T2 as well. But I still prefer the 6* tickets for the premium characters even if its like mathematically less of a value. Ranking up costumes is rarely a priority for me and still easier on any farmable character than ranking up a premium is.

Costumes upgrades feel like such a small power increase but at such a cost it's only worth doing it with your main lineup

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
Sent an application to Doctor Goons under the name HotballsJohnson but looking to get into any goon alliance before AC starts this week.

I have about 5 CTP Insight’s and I still don’t know who to put them onto :(

bobmcdynamite
Sep 6, 2011
I'm not seeing your application.

Edit: Also, I put an insight on Colossus for timeline. It hasn't seemed to make a noticeable impact.

bobmcdynamite fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 12, 2019

Datasmurf
Jan 19, 2009

Carpe Noctem
So I've stupidly come back to this game after taking a break two or so years ago. And I can say that a lot has changed.

I hardly have any clue what to do anymore, and I've forgotten all my rotations. Is Nico/SG dead these days? I remember having her at rank 8 or something, now I'm down to 98, but she doesn't have a T3, so w/e.
And since I got in after black friday, I take it there's a while until the next time there's a uni sale. At least not for another week or so? I can't remember if they do anything for xmas.

Anyway. Is Deadpool still good, and what about this Lady Deadpool costume? Because I really dig her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Datasmurf posted:

So I've stupidly come back to this game after taking a break two or so years ago. And I can say that a lot has changed.

I hardly have any clue what to do anymore, and I've forgotten all my rotations. Is Nico/SG dead these days? I remember having her at rank 8 or something, now I'm down to 98, but she doesn't have a T3, so w/e.
And since I got in after black friday, I take it there's a while until the next time there's a uni sale. At least not for another week or so? I can't remember if they do anything for xmas.

Anyway. Is Deadpool still good, and what about this Lady Deadpool costume? Because I really dig her.

nico is awful now, lady deadpool is good, id say a costume sale around new years? also they hosed something in the last patch and the game runs like poo poo now. and some of the world bosses are piss yellow