Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Rhyno posted:

That said, please spoiler tag all major spoilers guys!

Also, I know the general rules for TVIV are "if it aired, it's all good" , but can I make a polite request that this thread title doesn't get changed for at least the first three eps airing before going to the break? I've got this thread bookmarked in my control panel. I used to hate checking in to look at my other threads and getting a spoiler for some show simply because I wanted to laugh at PYF pictures before I went to work that day.

Please and thank you, mods. I love a hilarious title change as much as any goon, but that sucked balls, and I really want to stay under a virtual rock for this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Also, I know the general rules for TVIV are "if it aired, it's all good" , but can I make a polite request that this thread title doesn't get changed for at least the first three eps airing before going to the break? I've got this thread bookmarked in my control panel. I used to hate checking in to look at my other threads and getting a spoiler for some show simply because I wanted to laugh at PYF pictures before I went to work that day.

Please and thank you, mods. I love a hilarious title change as much as any goon, but that sucked balls, and I really want to stay under a virtual rock for this.

I gotchu, fam.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I don't really get what incentive that gives me to subscribe to the DC streaming service. I guess its a balance between cord cutters getting the streaming service and cable subscribers with CW? I dunno, but if they want to give me some Justice Society on CW I'm not gonna complain. I was just unsure about the details.

Yeah, they might still market it primarily as a DCU show, but for all intents and purposes, it’s effectively a CW show now, especially since it’ll also stream via the CW app. No one is paying $8/month to watch Stargirl a day or two earlier without commercials.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

ApeHawk posted:

Last minute cameo hopes, GO!

Mine is Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern.

Remember that season 2 or 3 episode of The Flash where he's running into the future or to Earth-2 or something and they showed a bunch of images from things that hadn't been in the Arrowverse yet, like a Legion of Superheroes ring, the Flash Museum, Supergirl (still on CBS at that point), etc? There's going to be a scene like that but it'll show a brief clip of every DC movie and TV show ever.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, my guess is there will be a big montage of worlds being wiped with a bunch of easter eggs and cameos in it, or maybe a big fight scene where they can throw in people. I think we've moved so far past it we've forgotten that first scene of Elseworlds that had a a whole tone of bodies of Smallville and other heroes. This will probably be bigger than that because they've obviously made a lot of effort to blow our minds with cameos and callbacks. But I'm definitely not expecting a whole bunch of main characters we haven't heard from, just some quick shots and "Woah, that's X!" stuff.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

My dream is some animated universe stuff Roger Rabbited in, but that's a pretty big ask. On the other hand, the necessary post-production would explain how they were able to keep it secret due to lack of set photos.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Bruceski posted:

My dream is some animated universe stuff Roger Rabbited in, but that's a pretty big ask. On the other hand, the necessary post-production would explain how they were able to keep it secret due to lack of set photos.

Also there is an animated subsection of the Arrowverse between Constantine: City of Demons, The Ray and Vixen. So it's not as outside the realm of possibility as you think if they jump to one Earth and suddenly everyone's a cartoon for an incredibly brief time... because animation is expensive and takes a long time to finish.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Bruceski posted:

I’m telling myself that’ll be brought up later in the season on Legends of Tomorrow, it’s very much their niche

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

ApeHawk posted:

Tara Strong as Raven

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

ApeHawk posted:

Mine is Ryan Reynold's Green Lantern.

Get Smallville's Booster Gold while we're at it

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

ApeHawk posted:

Doom Patrol. Or failing that just Brendan Fraser as Robotman, and let him say gently caress at least once uncensored. Do it you cowards!

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

The long awaited return of Megalyn Echikunwoke.

Whats she busy with anyway...

Oh... that creepy "I have a bunch of siblings I never knew about because my daddy was a rapist, ain't that great!" show... yeesh...

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

UK viewers will have an issue because nobody (in the UK) has the broadcast rights to Batwoman and so legally they can't air that episode. Whoops!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
An actual Crisis!

I'll be a couple hours behind you guys, 3rd shift plays hell on my ability to live watch.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
That's what the internet is for.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Bruceski posted:

Yeah, that's my wish as well, but I feel like they're at the limits of their budget just based on poo poo we've seen in previews. Roger Rabbiting would be asking far too much.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

muscles like this! posted:

UK viewers will have an issue because nobody (in the UK) has the broadcast rights to Batwoman and so legally they can't air that episode. Whoops!

:lol:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Batwoman is terrible so good on them tbh

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

esperterra posted:

Batwoman is terrible so good on them tbh

Dougray Scott coulda been Wolverine. Instead he's in Batwoman

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Rhyno posted:

Dougray Scott coulda been Wolverine. Instead he's in Batwoman

Sad!

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Someone tell me which episode(s) of the crossover Ashley Scott and her incredibly long neck shows up in. I'm literally only in this thread because Birds of Prey is one of my fave guilty pleasure trash shows. Tom Welling, Erica Durance (best Lois) and Brandon Routh are just gna be bonuses.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I hope Ray and Clark swap at some point to deceive a bad guy, and do a reveal like ray taking off his Atom chestplate to reveal the S beneath.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Tbh I only started checking this thread because I'm psyched for more Legends, aka TIME IDIOTS aka FARSCAPE WITHOUT ANGST aka THE BEST SHOW, but everyone's enthusiasm has been so infectious that I'm just psyched now for crisis full stop.

Aaahhhh sooooooon.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
My cameo guess is Penguin and Riddler from Gotham

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
My cameo guess is Chris O Donnell and Alicia Silverstone as robin and Batwoman, but I think I might die if Liam Neeson shows up as Ras

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Pillowpants posted:

My cameo guess is Chris O Donnell and Alicia Silverstone as robin and Batwoman, but I think I might die if Liam Neeson shows up as Ras

Well, now I need to see John Barrowman and Liam Neeson in a scene together.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
I was about to say that they can't afford Liam Neeson even for a cameo, but then I remember that The Orville of all shows managed to snag him.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Japanese Spider-Man

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

esperterra posted:

I gotchu, fam.

Thanks! I just didn't want to look at my bookmarks and see "CWises: OMG JUSTIN HARTLEY" before I got to watch an episode and scream "OMG JUSTIN HARTLEY" myself.

So, if it isn't now blatantly obvious that I would love to see him, either as an alt GA or Aquaman (and I know he's publicly stated that he'd be totally down with showing up on one of the shows), my cameo wish list is:

- Professor Stein, even the puppet version
- anyone from Gotham, but especially Penguin and/or Gordon
- if we got a brief scene with Booster Gold and Rip Hunter, this 52 fan would just die

Also, not a cameo per se, but have John Stewart show up, and Diggle meets him. Absolute fan wank between everyone wanting to see him play GL, and Diggle reaction shots are the best.

Thank you CW Santa, I've tried to be a very good girl this year. There's cookies for you, and some carrots for the reindeer. Love, JD

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

quote:

Tbh I only started checking this thread because I'm psyched for more Legends, aka TIME IDIOTS aka FARSCAPE WITHOUT ANGST aka THE BEST SHOW, but everyone's enthusiasm has been so infectious that I'm just psyched now for crisis full stop.

What is Farscape without the angst? Also, I think its more American Dr. Who.

Justin Hartley would be great especially cause it would end that rumor that he hated Amell and the Arroweverse. Also, from what I read Neeson was ready to do a Ras appearance a few years ago but the schedule prevented him from coming.

Also, I am hoping for Ezra Miller to talk to Grant Gustin for a hot minute.

Maybe have Phil Lamarr short circut and do his various DCAU voices?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Ugh, I was looking at the TV listings and was reminded they're letting Kevin Smith do an aftershow for these.

Stop hiring Kevin Smith for things, DC.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

ApeHawk posted:

Did anyone say
yet?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Hopefully the reactions aren't just a bunch of butthurt nerds complaining that their favorite person wasn't in the crossover long enough.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
What are the chances they mix the casts up after this? Have Diggle join the DEO once arrow is over?

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Pillowpants posted:

What are the chances they mix the casts up after this? Have Diggle join the DEO once arrow is over?

"You know Brainy, when I was in Afghanistan..."

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
With how easy it is to jump from Earth to Earth there's really no reason for them to not merge everything together is there?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

I expect at the minimum that Supergirl will be on the same Earth as all the other shows once it's all said and done.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Superman's slippers:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B50jPxOJjxc/

Go through ALL three:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B50amNmnuUZ/

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Every pic with Routhman and Tiny Superman together just shows up how much of a mistake the New 52 redesign was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Barry Convex posted:

No one is paying $8/month to watch Stargirl a day or two earlier without commercials.

Uh, it's $5/month for last year's early subscribers :colbert: