Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Twin peaks s4 looking promising

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ryan Reynolds found the Peloton woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2t7lknrK28

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

chitoryu12 posted:

Ryan Reynolds found the Peloton woman.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2t7lknrK28

the who? I'm guessing from that ad that she did something lovely or controversial? Googling for it just finds poo poo about this new ad she's done

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

bike tory posted:

the who? I'm guessing from that ad that she did something lovely or controversial? Googling for it just finds poo poo about this new ad she's done

The joke explainer has logged on

The peloton is an expensive exercise bike. The ad in question is about a husband gifting his wife an exercise bike for Christmas. Lots of jokes were had about being a lovely husband for getting exercise equipment for his wife.

The joke and implication with the gin ad is that she dumped him.

E: the original ad https://youtu.be/pShKu2icEYw

Garrand has a new favorite as of 18:49 on Dec 7, 2019

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

bike tory posted:

It's evidently very controversial to purchase exercise equipment for someone who is as dedicated to fitness and a healthy lifestyle that would consider purchasing the Pelaton in the first place.

Kirk Vikernes has a new favorite as of 19:16 on Dec 7, 2019

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Garrand posted:

The peloton is an expensive exercise bike. The ad in question is about a husband gifting his wife an exercise bike for Christmas. Lots of jokes were had about being a lovely husband for getting exercise equipment for his wife.

Gifting his already skinny wife an overpriced exercise bike for Christmas. At which points she makes a load of vlogs with a pained expression looking like she's being filmed in a hostage situation before praising him weirdly a year later.

Fair play to her and Reynolds. That's hilarious.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

RoyKeen
Jul 24, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mammal Sauce posted:

It's evidently very controversial to purchase exercise equipment for someone who is as dedicated to fitness and a healthy lifestyle that would the Pelaton in the first place.

Yeah, it's terrible commercial for a lot of reasons but it seemed clear that it wasn't a random gift but something she wanted.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Mammal Sauce posted:

It's evidently very controversial to purchase exercise equipment for someone who is as dedicated to fitness and a healthy lifestyle that would consider purchasing the Pelaton in the first place.

lol you're gonna buy your partner a vacuum cleaner for Christmas aren't you

Related:
https://twitter.com/ClueHeywood/status/1089699762331217920?s=20

(Read the thread it's v funny)

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

bike tory posted:

lol you're gonna buy your partner a vacuum cleaner for Christmas aren't you

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Russia being 3/4ths in Asia means I can say I like Asian cuisine followed by downing half a bottle of russian vodka right?

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

Ak Gara posted:

Russia being 3/4ths in Asia means I can say I like Asian cuisine followed by downing half a bottle of russian vodka right?

That's a common joke among Russians and east Asian folks so yes

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
Soju sochu sake or baiju also all work for that one

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Garrand posted:

Oh, I thought the joke was that she was unexpectedly involved in something the world hated, and that the actress was out with her friends after the huge fallout of literally just this week (hence the 'you're safe here' line). I can see it both ways though I guess.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Pelaton is a company where the CEO went on stage and bragged about how when they couldn’t sell bikes at $1,400 a pop, decided to charge $2,400 for the same bikes and add a subscription fee and suddenly idiots buy them in droves.

And then Forbes fellated them for their business acumen.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
That does count as business acumen lol

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

bob dobbs is dead posted:

That does count as business acumen lol

Yeah, of the many, many, many things wrong with this situation, a guy making an $8Bn company selling bicycles is not one of them.

DesperateDan
Dec 10, 2005

Where's my cow?

Is that my cow?

No it isn't, but it still tramples my bloody lavender.

Those are similar but different and I'm wondering if there are more skeleton chairs lurking in the world

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Shut up Meg posted:

Yeah, of the many, many, many things wrong with this situation, a guy making an $8Bn company selling bicycles is not one of them.

There's definitely something wrong when you can make $8bn selling grossly overpriced exercise bikes.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

bike tory posted:

There's definitely something wrong when you can make $8bn selling grossly overpriced exercise bikes.

Fools and their money are soon parted. It's called "disposable income" for a reason. No one is making their kids go without shoes in order to get one.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1203392806661840899/pu/vid/540x960/zuRydFBWBuBuzZtJ.mp4?tag=10

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
went ahead and cross posted this into the cursed thread lol.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

Deteriorata posted:

Fools and their money are soon parted. It's called "disposable income" for a reason. No one is making their kids go without shoes in order to get one.

For sure, the thing that's wrong is there are people with that much disposable income while other people have kids going without shoes.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

LifeSunDeath posted:

went ahead and cross posted this into the cursed thread lol.

I did the same with the AUG thread. It's been a while since there has been a good I can be your angle or your devil

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
It's a slur in our universe too

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/edzitron/status/1202348302626217984

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Can somebody explain that peloton meme?

Shut up Meg
Jan 8, 2019

You're safe here.

Garrand posted:

Roblo posted:

Gifting his already skinny wife an overpriced exercise bike for Christmas. At which points she makes a load of vlogs with a pained expression looking like she's being filmed in a hostage situation before praising him weirdly a year later.

Fair play to her and Reynolds. That's hilarious.

Shut up Meg has a new favorite as of 23:03 on Dec 7, 2019

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Paladinus posted:

Can somebody explain that peloton meme?

Lady gets bought a bike, proceeds to ride it with only expressions of pain and suffering.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I see.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

bike tory posted:

For sure, the thing that's wrong is there are people with that much disposable income while other people have kids going without shoes.

In my opinion, people that can't buy their kids shoes shouldn't be buying those exercise bikes.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde

Solice Kirsk posted:

In my opinion, people that can't buy their kids shoes shouldn't be buying those exercise bikes.

Someone develop an exercise equipment that's actually just working a loom.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

For the love of all that is good and pure in this world, make sure you have your sound on.

https://twitter.com/AtsukoComedy/status/1202042812562149376

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

"I have two sides"

*Shows three pictures of self*

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

The second and third are actually the same side so it checks out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Beachcomber posted:

Someone develop an exercise equipment that's actually just working a loom.

Could call it the Loomba.