Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

if the dude in bazooka-proof armour doesn't tell you his name you should take that as a sign.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

"What about 'prohibited by my warrior tribe from revealing my face' made you think I was down for 'getting to know you' talk?"

That said him spending a whole rear end fortnight with relby annie oakley widow tryna ride his blurrg in blue shrimptown without giving a name must have been awkward.

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWJrG3Ua5Kk

(I don't even know if the Italian is well written.)

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Actually I think you’ll find 24 was the peak of serialized TV

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Josh Lyman posted:

Actually I think you’ll find 24 was the peak of serialized TV

Ur tellin me keith sutherland spent a whole rear end 24 hours never takin a piss?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

If that really was Jabba's droid serving drinks he should've been like "oh poo poo is that Robert Fett??"

I'm loving dying.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

Desperado Bones posted:

:perfect:

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Frankenstyle posted:

Oh, and speaking of the good callbacks in this episode, the line "She isn't going anywhere, she has the high ground" is the first time a Star Wars property has put me in a state of uncontrolled belly laughter from the bottom of my soul. That was goddamn beautiful.

Yeah, that's a good gag.

I also liked that Amy Sedaris' character is a Farscape callback.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I was expecting all of these side characters to team up with the Mando and they start doing A-Team weekly episodes

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
I like this show.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Desperado Bones posted:

That's going on my top ten list

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

PureRok posted:

I like this show.

Hey me too.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Bust Rodd posted:

How much, if at all, do you believe your reaction to Baby Yoda is impacted by your memories of Yoda himself? Do you think you are responding solely to how impossibly cute and adorable it is, or are you also allowing your pleasant memories of Yoda to inform you're response? Would Baby Yoda be as cute if he were aesthetically the same but Yoda was a different alien?

Making the baby a mini Yoda was clearly a "Remember this?" choice but it was also important to the storytelling (and probably the plot in the upcoming episodes) because when he busted out some powerful Jedi powers the audience's reaction was to go "Well of course he can do that, he's a baby Yoda" and then conveniently forget about it, rather than getting completely distracted by it.

What I'm most annoyed about with their handling of baby Yoda is that it's been turned back into a macguffin to be passed back and forth between characters rather than using it as an actual character. Just steal a bunch of scenes from any of the dozens of other "Whoops, suddenly I'm a parent!" movies and TV shows from the 80s and we'd be golden. It didn't even eat any gross animals this episode. :(

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
maybe the secret guy at the end figured out here.

Seems cut and dried to me, but i love a good fake out

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Owlbear Camus posted:

Ur tellin me keith sutherland spent a whole rear end 24 hours never takin a piss?

I remember during the first season being comically unclear how additional seasons would work (there'll be a whole week of these?) and deciding that Day 7's opening narration would be:

"Right now. Aliens have invaded Los Angeles. My wife and daughter have been replaced by robot clones. And there's a giant spider with the face of Richard Nixon grinning at me from across the room. I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and I've done too much speed this week."

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Rocksicles posted:

It's definitely him but I'm wondering why he went back for the body. It's a guild bounty so he can't take it in himself, right? Is he going to try to sell her to a guildie and hope this one doesn't try and betray him?

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Super don't give a gently caress so long as I gets me some Ming-Na Wen.

LividLiquid fucked around with this message at 07:41 on Dec 8, 2019

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

Rocksicles posted:

Your loss panels are out of order.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

It makes the ending of the last episode funny in retrospect. It had that shot of Mando's ship flying off into space with a sense of finality to the music but just after that he must have thought "oh poo poo wait" and turned around

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Bobby Digital posted:

I'm just the messenger. Took it off the discord for the show.

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Desperado Bones posted:

L'adorobile is going in the moniker pile with Baba Yoda and The Child.

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now
My heart says it was Boba Fett and a wiser me would now retreat into a Hutterite Colony and foreclose on the modern world.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm pretty sure it's Mando and he's going to use her to either take her poo poo to get on her crews side or he's going to help her and take her to her crew. She was waiting for a pick up

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Rocksicles posted:

Okay first of all, I loving called it and people in the thread were doubting me so ha!

Second, Mando knows she was a high level imperial assassin, he knows imperials were loving around with baby Yoda, he follows the thread when he can. Anything he could find on the body that leads him to more fragments of the empire and thus more info on the baby Yoda plan the better!

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS

Bobby Digital posted:

Now fixed:

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Mayman10 posted:

Okay first of all, I loving called it and people in the thread were doubting me so ha!

Second, Mando knows she was a high level imperial assassin, he knows imperials were loving around with baby Yoda, he follows the thread when he can. Anything he could find on the body that leads him to more fragments of the empire and thus more info on the baby Yoda plan the better!

Third Didn't he say she was a syndicate assassin for Crimson Dawn and the Hutt clans? I don't remember hearing the Imps

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

Rocksicles posted:

Third Didn't he say she was a syndicate assassin for Crimson Dawn and the Hutt clans? I don't remember hearing the Imps

"All the top crime syndicates, including the Hutts". Nothing about the Imperials.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Slashrat posted:

Now fixed:

I just noticed, mando's boots have things on them, a garter belt with cylinders on it for the right, and pockets on the left. Can't be him.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

its mando's brother, brando

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Whatever it is, I just want them to recreate that famous scene from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Desperado Bones posted:

Whatever it is, I just want them to recreate that famous scene from The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

I'd be shocked if it doesn't happen

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Dave Syndrome posted:

"All the top crime syndicates, including the Hutts". Nothing about the Imperials.

It was something like "made her name working for..." and doesn't preclude the fact that she may have thrown in with Remnant Warlords of late. Especially since the New Republic is taking such an interest in putting her employers in "lockdown."

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

"There's two kinds of beings in the galaxy. Those with disruptor rifles, and those who dig."

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Jerkface posted:

its mando's brother, brando

Who is jealous of Mando, because he could have been a contender. He could have been somebody, instead of a bum , which is what he is.

Tom Tucker
Jul 19, 2003

I want to warn you fellers
And tell you one by one
What makes a gallows rope to swing
A woman and a gun

I thought it was a nice touch that leaving banthas and a few raiders to distract while the other tuskan raiders sneak up is one of their core tactics and also worked on this young guy like it did with Luke but Mando knows about it

Really brings home what a doofus Luke was, he lived on Tatooine all his life and doesn’t know poo poo about Tuskan Raiders

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Tom Tucker posted:

I thought it was a nice touch that leaving banthas and a few raiders to distract while the other tuskan raiders sneak up is one of their core tactics and also worked on this young guy like it did with Luke but Mando knows about it

Really brings home what a doofus Luke was, he lived on Tatooine all his life and doesn’t know poo poo about Tuskan Raiders

Luke is not smart that is why Yoda had to sex him up to make baby yoda. Sorry should have spoilered that.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

I went back to look and the shadowy figure's right boot is missing that ammo garter thing but everything else about the legs is exactly the same. Also the other Mandalorians' armor is all completely different

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh wait, I know who that dude was at the end.

It is yet another Fett clone. We are already speculating on baby Yoda being a clone or them working to clone him, why wouldn't the Kamino cloners keep his DNA around to make more famous bountyhunters?

As for why he he showed up at the corpse near the end, he was either just following in Mandos wake trying to figure out where he had been and where he was going, or he is gathering DNA from exceptional killers for cloner reasons.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice
Everyone is clones. Mando, Werner Herzog, Carl Weathers, the bartender on Backwater Planet 7 last week... everyone.

Except Baby Yoda. That's REALLY Yoda, but instead of a clone it's time travel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Dave Syndrome posted:

yeah youre right, im a moron