Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

man, the babylonia anime is incredibly on one this week

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

dogsicle posted:

Not everyday you see some guy cream a goddess in a tiger suit.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

So I've read that the next event really sucks grind-wise. I've also read that the grind was nerfed in the rerun. I think we've been getting the benefit of re-run QoL changes so are we getting the nerfed grind version of this event?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
It only sucks because it's a box event where the last wave has a 140k hp enemy alongside 2 others

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Tae posted:

It only sucks because it's a box event where the last wave has a 140k hp enemy alongside 2 others

I believe you meant 410k HP.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

It sure would be nice if we got the half HP version from the rerun

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Tae posted:

Well that doesn't sound so bad maybe we don't need-

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I believe you meant 410k HP.

Ah, I see.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

the main point in favor of getting the nerfed version would be that no other lotto event before or since has had hp totals that bad. so it definitely seems like an outlier they didn't get around to correcting until the rerun...but all bets are off until the event actually drops, unless they give us details during the thursday stream.

because even ignoring the 410k hp saber node, 3/4 of the nodes in the event have bosses with 300k+ hp, more than double your average lotto.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

I'm going to be grinding it hard either way now that I've realized that despite finally acquiring Tamamo I am like 100 bones short of what she needs. Dear MHXA, please obliterate that 410k saber for me... :negative:

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Asimo posted:

I'm going to be grinding it hard either way now that I've realized that despite finally acquiring Tamamo I am like 100 bones short of what she needs. Dear MHXA, please obliterate that 410k saber for me... :negative:

it's a homunculus/lantern/seed/fluid lotto, bones aren't even in the shop

davinci lotto has you covered with 4 bones per box in january though, and it's considerably nicer when it comes to hp totals.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Oh, good. Well not good but I knew it was in some upcoming lotto.

Still need a bajillion skill gems though, so....

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
I didn't mind the second play in Salem, but oh boy was the third play that unlocks after completing the Town Hall node a chore to sit through.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon
They kinda milked Journey to the West for all it was worth during the actual event, yeah.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I'm going to go a little hard on the event even if I don't need 3/4 of the mats it gives, just cus I still STILL find myself short of skill gems.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

Vengarr posted:

They kinda milked Journey to the West for all it was worth during the actual event, yeah.

Yeah, those segments felt like a sequel to the Go West event. I found them entertaining, though I have to say that staging plays that treat the gods of another religion as real to a fanatical Christian community seems like a poor way of earning their trust.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I just finished the main Salem quests, and yeah, I have no idea what the hell was going on or why.

Queen of Sheba is friggin cute though.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sophism posted:

I didn't mind the second play in Salem, but oh boy was the third play that unlocks after completing the Town Hall node a chore to sit through.

Factor_VIII posted:

Yeah, those segments felt like a sequel to the Go West event. I found them entertaining, though I have to say that staging plays that treat the gods of another religion as real to a fanatical Christian community seems like a poor way of earning their trust.

Feels less like something they wrote as a free quest thing to begin with and more like something they wrote and implemented into the game then cut, for probably these reasons. It'd have slowed down the pacing of the story and also been a weird fit. But since it was already implemented it wasn't too hard to put into free quests.They sell the play thing a lot in the PV and in the initial parts of the story but then wind up only having two, plus Salem feels a fair bit shorter than a lot of other chapters, and no other story chapter has a free quest story like that, so put that all together and that feels like what happened.

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

There are three plays in the main storyline: the Queen of Sheba one, the there Little Jeannes one, and the Circe one.

They probably wanted a play for each of the new non-Abigail Servants.

YggdrasilTM fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Dec 8, 2019

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

dogsicle posted:

featuring tohsaka rin's rear end

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good

Space Flower posted:

featuring tohsaka rin's rear end

reading this like an MGSV pre-mission rundown

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!

YggdrasilTM posted:

There are three plays in the main storyline: the Queen of Sheba one, the there Little Jeannes one, and the Circe one.

They probably wanted a play for each of the new non-Abigail Servants.

Oh right, how could I forget the one with the cool skeletons!?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Maaya Sakamota gave a message on chaldea radio about playing as Da Vinci

quote:

Right, babylona! I wonder if you guys are watching it? Every time I see it on-air I think that the visuals are so amazing.

Well, during the recording you know the video is still unfinished and they haven't added music yet. So it's great that I can look at the finished product with everyone on-air, at the same time.

The quality is really amazing, and while always being surprised and being touched, I'm having fun watching it as an audience like everyone else.

Well, if you talk about Da Vinci-chan i was able to voice her in the game but... For me the first time I was able to translate or something, or well voice a main character was jeanne D'arc. So if I had to say then Da vinci-chan was, without any misunderstanding, someone I did while i was at it?

"While i was at it" is kind of wrong but she was like a side character. She really didn't talk that much was the kind of setting I was told. However her roles were continuously increasing and increasing and I'm really happy about that.

But I never thought that I would be able to see her many expressions and movement in an anime that i can't help but think that "Ah, thanks to everyone and their love that Da vinci was able to grow into such a lively character"

Well I do voice Alexander and Jeanne, but for me Da vinci is the easiest to voice. Well, I perceive Da vinci's character with the image of an old man inside so, how do i say this, there's the feeling that i can closely capture Da vinci's character. And well, Da vinci's a character that has a playful heart, physically weak feeling, Old man feeling, abit of Old lady feeling, and lastly sexiness. I act Da vinci with many perspectives in mind.

i look forward to more of her roles. So! About the recordings, the workplace feels really good! The age range is a bit on the high side? And I'm sure that Rieri and Nobunaga-kun know that the workplace mostly has Senpai's like me and the rest of the others. It's a workplace where the senpai's are constantly chatting and stuff. I really wonder how the kouhai's see us senpai's as they see us communicate. I think about that while being a bit anxious, but while still having fun and being friendly.

So Rieri is the voice of mash and i think every time that wow she's really the perfect fit for Mash. The reason mash is cute is probably because of Rie's voice isn't it? That mash is this honest, brave, and strong. Ah, she really is wonderful, I think as i watch her back. I hope that from here on we'll keep on working hard to make a good story.

Well then, everyone please watch the growth and enjoy the character I voice. And don't forget to watch the Babylonia anime! That's all from me, Sakamota Maaya.

https://www.reddit.com/r/grandorder/comments/e7v4v8/jp_this_weeks_chaldea_radio_contains_a_personal/fa6c76e/

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~

klapman posted:

reading this like an MGSV pre-mission rundown

Guest starring the "FUJIMARU" Parasite Unit

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

I can't believe ya'll haven't mentioned Mash's brave tour of duty in the First Kotatsu War smh

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Sophism posted:

Oh hi. Does this game have a decent story?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

please knock Mom! posted:

Oh hi. Does this game have a decent story?
the early chapters are pretty rough going but around chapter 4 it picks up, and the end chapters of part 1 are great. the event writing by this point is pretty consistently good too. epic of remnant, the current story arc, is kinda hit-or-miss but the most recent chapter is really good.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

For a mobile game, yes. For anime in general its definitely above average. However it will probably never be remembered as one of the great literary works of our age. The writing also starts out kinda crap (cause they originally weren't putting tons of effort into a spin-off mobile game until they suddenly realized it was getting super popular) but improves steadily and only rarely dips.

Its also extremely anime, if that bugs you, stay away. Also its Gacha, and a somewhat harsh one as far as rate go (balanced by low rarity characters actually being useful) so just know thats hell you're walking into.

All IMO, ofc.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
The story is terrible up to London, and even then it's a bit shaky, but when it gets to Camelot, they clearly started giving a poo poo and made it good. It's still Fate and there's still more uncool stuff than I'd like, but hey that's what you do to make the big gacha bux.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

New banner is up. Abby and Sheba both are cute, but I really need to save for Hokusai, so was planning to only toss 10 tickets at the banner, stopping if/when I got either one.

2 tickets later, I now have a pancake-obsessed eldritch being. Awesome.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

serefin99 posted:

New banner is up. Abby and Sheba both are cute, but I really need to save for Hokusai, so was planning to only toss 10 tickets at the banner, stopping if/when I got either one.

2 3 tickets later, I now have a pancake-obsessed eldritch money-obsessed nekomimi being. Awesome.

FTFM

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Oh hey I drew Sheba. :toot:

...she requires One Hundred and Three stakes!? :negative:

Twenty four just to ascend?
:shepicide:

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Spent 300 quartz on the new banner. What did I get?

New servants:
Archer of Inferno
Caster of Midrash

NP levels:
Parvarti NP 2
Fran NP 4
Ozymandias NP 4 (Now it's a competition between him and Vlad to see who hits NP 5 first)

But did I pull Abby?

Yep.

That's the first time I have ever gotten two 5 stars on a ten roll

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Dr Pepper posted:

Oh hey I drew Sheba. :toot:

...she requires One Hundred and Three stakes!? :negative:

Twenty four just to ascend?
:shepicide:

eresh needs 216

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i rolled once for abby and did not get her, which is was my goal

The Divine Orator
Dec 31, 2008

Getter into the Future, Ryouma-Chan~
Getting Sheba as a FTP player feels wrong somehow, but then, maybe the three dud ten rolls that followed her were payment enough ‘<‘

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

While I would like Abby, I'm saving for Eresh, so I'm limiting myself to 5 tickets and 30 quartz for this banner.

I got Casgil. This is acceptable.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but between him, Waver, Merlin and Sanzang (to name a few) I am just swamped with gold Casters. Hope there's an Assassin-heavy chapter in the future.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Congrats to everyone who succeeded!

Man... Ereshkigal soon...

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

If you're shooting for Eresh you'll probably end up getting more copies of Caster Gil, since he is on the same banner as her (as is Ana).

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Damnit. Used half my quartz stock chasing Sheba and only got Lobo, and I can't even do a 10 pull for christmas CE's now because it'll put me at less than 30 paid quartz for the guaranteed 5*.

Know what gently caress Christmas, I'll farm the loving Da Vinci lottery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

Got Abigail in 450 SQ (plus Sheba, Tamamo NP2, Herk NP6 and Anne and Mary NP 5). Now back on saving for Okitan.