Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

quote:

AITA for taking much interest in my date’s and her twin sister’s boobs?
u/sksik2h
I (22M) went on a first date with this girl (23F) tonight. We were talking about our families and she talked about her twin sister. She was eager to show me photos of them two together. She kept saying how much they look alike while showing me the photos. I agreed with her very much, that I couldn’t tell who is who in most pictures. My date was wearing a dress that made it obvious she’s flat-chested. In the more revealing photos however, I noticed that one of them had a much bigger chest.

After agreeing with how similar they looked, I asked my date if her sister got a boob job. She said her sister did get one and laughed that it must have been very obvious. I laughed and said that it really is quite obvious. I asked her why her sister got a boob job and she didn’t. My date said she doesn’t feel the need to, unlike her sister. I said she’s right. I asked her if it’s a little weird or awkward when they both hang out in a bikini like they did in a photo she showed me.

She asked me if I thought she was jealous of her sister and said she really doesn’t give a poo poo about her sister’s boobs at all. I told her that wasn’t what I meant and she would have breast implants by now too if she were really jealous. She told me she didn’t want to talk about her sister’s boobs anymore. We talked about other things afterwards. She never seemed as cheerful after as she was before she brought up her sister.

I’m not sure if I want a second date with her since she seems like the type to get easily jealous. Or did I really commit a first date faux pas and most girls in my date’s position would react in a similar way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miserable Maid
Apr 22, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Miss posted:

what about italians?

One of the most popular pizza toppings in Italy is hotdogs and French fries, who gives a poo poo what they think.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Lmbo.

Oh, young men. I had the exact same conversation with a twin I went on a date with years back. I kept telling myself, "They're twins. They're basically clones. All I have to do is keep talking to this guy until I can talk to the twin with the butt implants and the bleached rear end in a top hat. This one likes me, so obsvee [this was the transitional period in 2013 before obviously became obvs in the English lexicon, consult your Oxford dictionary for more inf (info)] his brother will like me."

But I totally blew it by showing too much interest in his brother's butthole. I knew I overstepped the line when he said he didn't want to talk about his brother's butt anymore.

Live and learn, that's all you can do in this situation.

Strudel Man
May 19, 2003
ROME DID NOT HAVE ROBOTS, FUCKWIT

Sagebrush posted:

The immaculate conception refers to Mary being born without original sin, which allowed her to carry the son of god. The oldest sources describe Mary with a word that is closest to "maiden," but which was translated to "virgin" at some point to help convert some celtic tribes who had a myth about a virgin birth :eng101:
They don't retranslate the bible to help proselytize to tribes. You're referring to Isaiah 7:14. (NIV: "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.") It was the original Septuagint, the earliest Greek translation of the Hebrew bible, that rendered almah (a women of childbearing years who has not given birth) as parthenos (a virgin). Thus the translation predates Christianity.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

Strudel Man posted:

They don't retranslate the bible to help proselytize to tribes. You're referring to Isaiah 7:14. (NIV: "Therefore the Lord himself will give you a sign: The virgin will conceive and give birth to a son, and will call him Immanuel.") It was the original Septuagint, the earliest Greek translation of the Hebrew bible, that rendered almah (a women of childbearing years who has not given birth) as parthenos (a virgin). Thus the translation predates Christianity.

The Immaculate Conception refers to Cumshitter being born of man without being touched by the hand of a woman. Unfortunately his birth ruined his father’s penis and he could never get it up again.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pirate Radar posted:

The Immaculate Conception refers to Cumshitter being born of man without being touched by the hand of a woman. Unfortunately his birth ruined his father’s penis and he could never get it up again.

There truly is an Oglaf comic for everything.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Neito posted:

Oh for sure. It's be one thing if he was changing "meat is murder" or whatever, but vegan dude was being pretty chill about this.

I’m pretty non-confrontational but how the gently caress do you not just order what you want anyway or just leave? It’s like that story of the boyfriend with the father in law who tried to force what he ate at Olive Garden.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

DrManiac posted:

I’m pretty non-confrontational but how the gently caress do you not just order what you want anyway or just leave? It’s like that story of the boyfriend with the father in law who tried to force what he ate at Olive Garden.

He did leave.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

He also uninvited them from his wedding. Its just the OP downplaying everything either because theyre an rear end in a top hat or because theyre written that way

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

cumshitter posted:

I agree. It is extremely narcissistic to defy God, who is gay, by believing that you are a heterosexual outlier. The Bible makes it perfectly clear that the Lord is homosexual. I actually empathize a lot with God, because we both know the pain of raising disappointing heterosexual children.

Evidence:

-God created Adam first in His perfect image. He only created Eve because Adam demanded it. Like me, God was a bad parent, but somehow even worse because His son wanted to gently caress something that didn't even exist yet. Think about that: Adam wanted to gently caress something God had to invent. Adam is the pre-anime version of a weeaboo who humps his anime pillow.

-We celebrate the immaculate conception because a man was born without having to touch a woman.

-God is consistently only interested in the affairs of men.

In short, God is gay. Like me, but an even worse parent because he gave up on Adam. I will never give up on my son.

It also follows that God is a weeaboo who humps his anime pillow

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

WIBTA if I dropped one of my best friends for being too slutty?

First of all, I’m on mobile so sorry for formatting.

One of my best friends, let’s call her S, has been acting really differently since breaking off a LTR

S Will sleep with one guy in the morning, one in the afternoon and one in the evening (that really happened). Now, I am not judging her for that, she’s single and can do whatever she wants. But she’s done some lovely things for male attention. There were plenty but I’m just gonna explain the 3 I found most problematic

A few months ago, she made out with a guy another friend of hers was casually seeing. S said that they were at a party and there was chemistry and the friend wasn’t official with the guy so she did nothing wrong. I told her we aren’t animals that have to hook up with people just because “there’s chemistry” and it’s justified that the girl doesn’t want to be friends with her anymore.

The second incident, S is going away for new years with a group of people. One of the girls who’s going just broke up with her boyfriend of 10 years. S was at a party with this girl’s best friend when they saw the ex boyfriend. Girl’s best friend immediately tells S that the guy is there. S then goes and sleeps with him. Next day, girl’s best friend is pissed and tells her how incredibly lovely it was. She told me the story and again said “we are both single and not doing anything wrong”. Again, I was honest with her and said it wasn’t cheating or anything, but why did she have to do that if she knew it was gonna cause drama? She then proceeds to diss the girl, saying she was probably a slut anyways if she’s going on a trip so soon after ending a relationship. lovely.

Now S texts me saying she made out with a guy from work at her company’s christmas party. I laugh and go like “well poo poo happens” but then she says the guy is engaged. I’m like whaaa did you know that” and she says yes like it was some hilarious thing. I tell her that this is really wrong and say “poor girl”. Her response: “what? Poor me! He started kissing my neck, how do you say no to that?”

Now, this was my breaking point. Absolutely no compassion for the girl or remorse for what she did. I think this behaviour is rooted in deeper issues. She’s a very pretty girl and gets lots of male attention, but it looks like she wants to feel like she’s better than other girls idk.

I know this seems like a clear case of NTA if i say I don’t want to be friends anymore but outside of that she really is a wonderful person, extremely worried about animals and the environment and she was the ONLY one there for me when I fell into some really lovely times. I feel like her behaviour towards men shouldn’t define. I don’t want to go into detail on how she helped me but it was huge. She was really a great friend when I needed it.

I’d like to add that I never coddled her and was always honest whenever she acted lovely. I almost feel like I owe her.

So my question is, WIBTA if i dropped my friend over her lovely actions towards other people when she was/is a great friend to me?

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

My( 20F)ex (21M) calls me a whore to other girls while sleeping with me.

TL;DR : my ex still sleeps with me and talk poo poo about me to girls on Snapchat while telling me he loves me.

Ok so me and my ex broke up because our relationship was really toxic but we still live in the same appartement and decided to live together until the end of the lease since he can't offer this appartement alone, things were ok but recently we started to have sex and cuddle and kiss. And I know it's wrong but I connected on his sc since he post on his story and he never did and found a bunch of message with girls telling them they're perfect( Wich is the reason we broke up in the first place) I didn't mind because I had my suspicions and we're not together but there was one conversation where he tells a girl that I sucked a sucking dick and since I'm a whore he would expect me to know how. He was a virgin before we met. The fact that he tells me he loves me after bashing me an hour ago is just loving crazy to me. Like wtf. I never talk about him this way even when he told me I didn't deserve someone better then him or when he was gaslighting me or tell me he was talking to other girls because I didn't put out( when I just learned that my dad used to touch me when I was a kid and didn't feel like having sex). The relationship was a bad one, I cheated not physically but talking to other guys I'm not going to ignore it, I'm suffering from BPD and tend to self sabotage myself, it's not excusing what I did. But after we both decided to start on a clean slate he was constantly talking to girls and when I would confront him, he would act like I was crazy and telling me it was nothing. We ended up breaking up and things take a turn for the worst he was constantly insulting me, telling me I'm not worth poo poo to the point I went to live with my sister for a couple of days, until he called me and beg me to come back, we patched things up,and I discovered that he never stopped talking to those girls and then I break things up completely. I just feel super dumb for having sex with him and telling him I love him when he's telling girls that they're perfect and receive pics of their asses and tell them that I'm a whore and suck at sex. Like during the relationship he never showed this side of him, and when I tell him he says that I made him like this. idk what to do, I wanna move out but we can't because of the lease please help

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

My bros of reddit high five to big boobs

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

thatguy posted:

taking stances on hetero relationships while being gay is extreeeeemely problematic my dude

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooo look at yourself

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

InediblePenguin posted:

lmfaooooooooooooooooooooo look at yourself

Digging through the past to prove to the thread that you have no concept of jokes is rather sad.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Dazerbeams posted:

Digging through the past to prove to the thread that you have no concept of jokes is rather sad.

i was trying to catch up, not "digging," but I'll really admit im an idiot

e: otoh i literally can't help it if i don't get jokes, whereas you actively choose to be rude to people on the reg, so i feel better about myself

freckle
Apr 6, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Chomp8645 posted:

Are you like cumshitter but unironic or something?

cumshitter has never posted an "irony"

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

InediblePenguin posted:

e: otoh i literally can't help it if i don't get jokes, whereas you actively choose to be rude to people on the reg, so i feel better about myself

40% of this thread is people trolling, another 40% is bait and 20% is cumshitter hope this helps

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Nah this thread is pretty sincere.

They may hide it behind trolling but let’s be real that’s just an excuse

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Miserable Maid posted:

One of the most popular pizza toppings in Italy is hotdogs and French fries, who gives a poo poo what they think.

Is it? I've been there heaps and I've seen the French fries thing like, once and that was in an airport.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
AITA for firing our babysitter because of his sexual lifestyle?

quote:

My husband and I have a 5 year old daughter. We've had the same babysitter for two years without issue. He's always early, will sometimes stay late if something comes up, has a fair asking wage, et cetera. Some of his private sexual life came to light to us and we've fired him because of it. I want to know if we're the rear end in a top hat.

What happened was he made a public Facebook post which I think was meant to be private or sent as a message to someone else. Or maybe he was drunk/inebriated and did it by mistake. The post was left up for some hours and I don't think we were meant to see.

The post was a message screencap between him and someone else. In it, he was telling this other person about a recent sexual escapade. I don't really want to post what he said verbatim but it involved a "bathhouse" (I didn't know these still existed), anonymous sex, "poppers", and "prep", which I learned is an HIV preventative drug for unprotected sex.

We told him the next morning as he was scheduled to babysit later that night that his services are no longer needed and upon pressing us, we told him it's because of his recent Facebook post. He was embarrassed but also very mad, calling us homophobic and et cetera. It doesn't matter that he's gay or bisexual (we don't know/care), it would have been the same reaction if it was a straight person posting about going to an orgy or whatever.

To me, at least, and not 100% sure about my husband, but I just find what he posted to be extremely vile and irresponsible. I don't want people like that around my daughter.

Were we the assholes here?

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

InediblePenguin posted:

You were making GBS threads on the poster you quoted, get off your high horse lol.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Pinecone Sample posted:

AITA for firing our babysitter because of his sexual lifestyle?

im amazed they let a man babysit period

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

I almost feel like you can guess someone's sexuality by how much of a "gimmick" they think cumshitter is. He only speaks that which is true of glorious gay sex, sucks if you haven't had the chance.

That lady calling her hillbilly clan out for their bullshit and giving the finger off into the sunset was a good start to my day.

Hughlander
May 11, 2005

LethalGeek posted:

I almost feel like you can guess someone's sexuality by how much of a "gimmick" they think cumshitter is. He only speaks that which is true of glorious gay sex, sucks if you haven't had the chance.

That lady calling her hillbilly clan out for their bullshit and giving the finger off into the sunset was a good start to my day.

I guess I'm on the wrong side there if I think that his treatment of his son is a gimmick. And if it's not then he's just a lovely human. Which is why I always assumed it was.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Now that I'm am actually at work and have properly read the tofu post, I repeat my previous statement of the guy being fully justified in ditching them and apologize again for my misinterpretation.

He's cheating on you with her. There is a nonzero chance you were the side piece all along.

100% she's the side piece.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

thatguy posted:

40% of this thread is people trolling, another 40% is bait and 20% is cumshitter hope this helps

Would an additional lesbian evangelist poster add or detract from the cumshitter percent

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

Would an additional lesbian evangelist poster add or detract from the cumshitter percent
Goddammit i have a pun that's too filthy to make

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Just post it you coward!

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

I [25M] said something that upset my [24F] wife

quote:

So me and my wife (6yrs) were drinking wine and just relaxing, and I was scrolling through instagram stories, and came across one of a prominent ex of mine. I went "Her baby looks EXACTLY like her". My wife pauses and goes "Do you miss her?" And the question shocked me, so I paused and went "What? No!" But I was under the influence, so I couldnt stop laughing/smiling at the fact that the question was so absurd. She took it as me being bashful about my ex. To reassure her, I went "You've seen her. Shes gorgeous. And I left HER even though every other guy wanted her, and I chose you, and you're more beautiful to me than she is. ".

Then I went to explain how we've spoken on the phone here and there, and she seems to have almost the same mindset as she had 6 years ago. My wife went "Wait you've spoken to her on the phone? Multiple times?", And Im like " Well, yeah.... ". And I believe she asked me if I thought about being with her. Being honest, I told her once a few years ago I did, but it wasnt really THINKING about it, it was more like "Hm, I wonder if me and her would have lasted this long", but apparently that hurt my wifes feelings? Shes not Normally the jealous type, so Im not sure if she's a bit tipsy, or if I said something wrong.

Tl;dr: Wife thinks I compare her to an ex, not sure what to do.

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

While I [F21] was on vacation my bf [M27] got a cat without telling me

quote:

We have been together for a year and half and currently live together. I was on a 20 day vacation to visit family back home. I called him one day and heard meow over the phone. When I asked him what that was he said he bought a kitten. He had bought it 4 days ago without telling me and that it helps with his anxiety and loneliness while I’m gone. I immediately broke into tears thinking about all my stuff getting scratched and peed on. And he hung up the phone. A little background as to why I was so upset is because my mom has an extreme phobia of all cats relating to something that happened in her childhood which I won’t get into here. But, that fear rubbed off on me too. I only find certain cats not as scary. Now i know this is an unusual fear and there are lots of cat lovers but think of it as any other phobia/irrational fear like being afraid of spiders. I’m back from vacation and whenever I’m standing and the cat is behind me my whole body shakes and I get goosebumps from being scared. Or whenever I’m eating. When I scream and shoo it away he gives me this look that kills me inside like I’m small and pathetic and I shouldn’t act that way. Even though I can’t control my phobia. He makes me feel like his cat is more important than me getting tortured by it around me. It once jumped on me and scratched me and he just sat there staring. I need some opinions on this and what other people make of this situation?

Any advice will be appreciated.

TL;DR my boyfriend bought a cat without telling me while I was on vacation and we live together. I have a phobia of cats and I’m suffering. Any opinions?

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

LadyPictureShow posted:

While I [F21] was on vacation my bf [M27] got a cat without telling me

He kinda sucks but she should :therapy: for her weird secondhand phobia.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ugly In The Morning posted:

He kinda sucks but she should :therapy: for her weird secondhand phobia.

TBF the way this is written it seems like she’s never brought it up before so he might not have known about it prior to her breakdown.

It’s also not written very clearly if she’s even really explained it to him?

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.
I wish there was a read-only auxiliary thread for this thread that tracked all the title changes and linked to the post.

Because I am always behind I tend to read a page or four then skip ten and end up missing title change convos.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
Fully grown woman scared of a kitten 😂

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MarcusSA posted:

TBF the way this is written it seems like she’s never brought it up before so he might not have known about it prior to her breakdown.

It’s also not written very clearly if she’s even really explained it to him?

His shittiness is really just buying the kitten without consulting her when they live together. I don’t think she had mentioned the kitten phobia and it’s not like someone would ask if someone has a phobia of kittens, because that’s ridiculous.

Bananaquiter
Aug 20, 2008

Ron's not here.

A cat can mess you up, unlike many of the dumb harmless animals people have phobias of.

MagusofStars
Mar 31, 2012

Ugly In The Morning posted:

His shittiness is really just buying the kitten without consulting her when they live together.
This. The phobia makes it worse, but it'd be a lovely move no matter what. Adopting an animal is absolutely something you should run by the person you live with beforehand because of everything that comes with it.

ETA: Also, this isn't 'YTA' per se, but this jumped out at me when I re-read the post:

quote:

We have been together for a year and half and currently live together. I was on a 20 day vacation to visit family back home. I called him one day and heard meow over the phone. When I asked him what that was he said he bought a kitten. He had bought it 4 days ago without telling me and that it helps with his anxiety and loneliness while I’m gone.
You got so lonely after her being out of town for less than three weeks that you needed to adopt a kitten for companionship? Hoo boy.

MagusofStars fucked around with this message at 20:01 on Dec 8, 2019

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

MagusofStars posted:

You got so lonely after her being out of town for less than three weeks that you needed to adopt a kitten for companionship? Hoo boy.

I could kinda see it if he was working from home, which definitely fucks with your head something fierce... but adopting something that'll live for a decade+ over a three week period of being by yourself is pretty shortsighted and dumb.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

ilmucche posted:

I'm 100 pages back but holy poo poo I want that "16 year revenge cicada" story to be real. Ice cold.

Ahh what's this story? (Just finished catching up.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Transmogrifier posted:

Ahh what's this story? (Just finished catching up.)

Pinecone Sample posted:

*Gen Xer voice* this is what we used to call keeping a streak going

Boyfriend (M39) breaking up with me (F38) out of nowhere