Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

RockyB posted:

Surely, this is getting into libellous territory? We've already had a case where Jewish Chronicle has had to print a retraction. Problem is that nothing will actually come of it until months after the election.

Has anything happened yet with that maniacally bad article the Evening Standard printed in their Magazine? The one with the entirely fabricated quotes in?

'Cos I for one will take and frame a hundred loving copies of that shitrag if George Osborne has to front-page apologise.

[edit]
The 116 bus in London travels in a very boring straight line from Ashford Hospital to Hounslow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

XMNN posted:

also I noticed John Mann has changed his Twitter account to @LordJohnMann

very much the same energy as the guy from my work who has PhD (Cantab) in his email signature

The oxon/cantab thing is supposed to mean 'yes it says I have a masters degree but it isn't actually a real one'. Literally lmao if anyone thinks putting it after their PhD makes them look good.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Failed Imagineer posted:

Why wouldn't you not ask yourself why, if you were not not electable?

Ours not to reason why, ours but to not do and not not not die.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
cantab is batnac backwards.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

BizarroAzrael posted:

Wait, I spend all week in Thurrock and the Momentum app was telling me to go to Dagenham, why wouldn't it tell me to go to somewhere like Thurrock which is closer?

There were a *lot* of people there on Saturday - 10 from my CLP alone - so maybe Dagenham needed the help? Could also just be a naive distance thing - Thurrock CLP's office is right down in Tilbury so if you were in West Thurrock/Lakeside way it's possible the Dagenham event was closer.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
my opinion is anyone who doesn't know what it means won't care and anyone who does will think he's a wanker (quite accurately)

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Is it just supposed to sound like cambridge?

RottenK
Feb 17, 2011

Sexy bad choices

FAILED NOJOE

Ms Adequate posted:

I have to say, if I were of a more conspiratorial mind, the Simon Wiesenthal Center going to bat for the Tories and their very rich mates, over a man who has spent his life fighting all kinds of bigotry, would really make me about what "The Jews" are up to.

As we've been saying, of course, this nonsense will hurt Jews more than anyone, because an awful lot of people are going to either start going "You sabotaged our hopes for [thing we want], gently caress the Jews!" or "Wow there's a lot of noise about nothing, I guess antisemitism isn't a real problem anymore."

this is literally what zionists want

intentionally stoking antisemitism abroad is a way to scare jewish people that don't support israel into supporting israel

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Pesky Splinter posted:

Two of them aren't standing (cowards), so all that's left is;
Gapes - Miwkford South
Piss Leslie - Nottingham East
Soubry - Broxtowe

Others who were in CUKTIG but fled (excluding Umunna) are;
Heidi Allen - South Cambridgeshire
Luciana Berger - Liverpool Wavertree
Gavin Shuker - Luton South
Angela Smith - Penistone and Stocksbridge
Sarah Wollaston - Totnes

I really want to see Leslie eat poo poo.

I know this was a few pages back, but Heidi Allen isn't standing, Luciana Berger is standing but in Finchley & Golders Green, and Angela Smith is standing for Altrincham and Sale West.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

It's Latin for Cambridge because of course.

RottenK posted:

this is literally what zionists want

intentionally stoking antisemitism abroad is a way to scare jewish people that don't support israel into supporting israel
It would be antisemitic to call this "the ISIS tactic", or so they would have you believe. But it is a very similar tactic to the group formerly known as Daesh.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Sir, I'm afraid only guide dogs are allowed in here. You'll have to leave your whippet at the door.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

short for "Cantabrigiensis", because, Latin

see also: MA (Oxon), short for "Oxoniensis"

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Guavanaut posted:

It's Latin for Cambridge because of course.

I thought cantabria was somewhere in europe?

E: spain, apparently?

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

It's the Latin name for Cambridge because of course it is.

e: gently caress you Guavanaut.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Thinking about Brexit.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

kingturnip posted:

Has anything happened yet with that maniacally bad article the Evening Standard printed in their Magazine? The one with the entirely fabricated quotes in?

AFAIK the leader's office decided not to pursue legal action during an election campaign.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

I think it's actually a back-formation from Old English because the Romans didn't actually settle there.

e: Wiki says they did, but they called it Duroliponte

goddamnedtwisto fucked around with this message at 19:32 on Dec 8, 2019

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

OwlFancier posted:

Yes but the latin name for Cambridge was Cantabrigia, not Cantabria

It means "posh pit" I think, while Oxonia means "posh hellhole"

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I think it's actually a back-formation from Old English because the Romans didn't actually settle there.

Yeah it's not even from the Romans, just some random latin stuff they made up to make it sound posh

Which is perfect Oxbridge alright

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Tragedy
When you lose control and you got no soul
It's tragedy
When the Tories lie and you don't know why
It's hard to bear
With no one beside you
You're goin' nowhere

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This thread is good and the person doing it is a good follow. A list of poo poo Boris has written and said.

https://twitter.com/nadinebh_/status/1203741795965964288?s=19

This stood out to me. Boris standing up for dictators, racist cops and getting the gays out the military.

Pochoclo
Feb 4, 2008

No...
Clapping Larry

Gonzo McFee posted:

This thread is good and the person doing it is a good follow. A list of poo poo Boris has written and said.

https://twitter.com/nadinebh_/status/1203741795965964288?s=19

This stood out to me. Boris standing up for dictators, racist cops and getting the gays out the military.

Nah but BOZZA LEGEND mate he's all bumbling and inoffensive! Haha definitely not a monster wearing a buffoon mask no Boris is 100% genuine

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

oxford_town posted:

I know this was a few pages back, but Heidi Allen isn't standing, Luciana Berger is standing but in Finchley & Golders Green, and Angela Smith is standing for Altrincham and Sale West.

Thanks, that's what I get for just skim-reading wikipedia :v:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Hmm...

https://voxpoliticalonline.com/2019/12/08/labour-has-surged-in-the-opinion-polls-but-theres-only-one-poll-that-counts/

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

To be honest I really just assume boris has done All The Bad Things because he basically has. The man is a walking vice elemental.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

So Conservatives didn't send anybody for a Channel 4 debate again (not even a leaders debate, could have sent anybody). Does anybody care? Does anybody even notice?

The level of contempt they have for the public at this point is pretty depressing.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
So once again the tories and the brexit party have ditched channel 4, this time for the 'anything but brexit' debate. So it's going to be everyone tediously piling on Labour.

I have just seen Angela Rayner make the Plaid guy go into a total breakdown though, so it was worth it for that. And I find Jo; representing herself yet again when everyone else sent a subordinate for the exposure hilarious.

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

To be honest I really just assume boris has done All The Bad Things because he basically has. The man is a walking vice elemental.

Yeah I have no evidence that he eats babies while throwing kittens on a fire but I would be unsurprised to discover he'd done it.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

sinky posted:

But he's Jewish :psyduck:

Just yet more proof that the Left is inherently antisemitic :byodood:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

I saw the URL and was reminded of the real only poll that counts, namely that guy that keeps on asking people on his Grindr who they're voting for before each election. Looks like he's running into a bit of trouble this time
https://twitter.com/machotrouts/status/1203096843200188416

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

oxford_town posted:

short for "Cantabrigiensis", because, Latin

see also: MA (Oxon), short for "Oxoniensis"

Oxtoungueilingus

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

RockyB posted:

So once again the tories and the brexit party have ditched channel 4, this time for the 'anything but brexit' debate. So it's going to be everyone tediously piling on Labour.

Laura Koebbels doing an admirable job reading off statistics to support Tory positions :thumbsup:

e: holy poo poo tihs is giving me real-time brain damage, I'm checking out to watch something less existentially horrifying

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 20:06 on Dec 8, 2019

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Yeah at one point when Jo; started talking I muted it, then five minutes later realised I didn't have the will to turn the sound back on and hear more turgid bloviating.

Which is a shame because honestly it's a good format, would have stopped Johnson wittering on constantly about Get Brexit Done. But completely pointless without the tories to boo hiss at.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Have you been on my fb page?

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
What is the possibility of Anna Soubry losing?

namesake
Jun 19, 2006

"When I was a girl, around 12 or 13, I had a fantasy that I'd grow up to marry Captain Scarlet, but he'd be busy fighting the Mysterons so I'd cuckold him with the sexiest people I could think of - Nigel Mansell, Pat Sharp and Mr. Blobby."

Chuka Umana posted:

So high it runs out of numbers, resets to 0 and then reaches 100% again.

It'll be a weird result but she ain't getting the seat.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

It must happen so that Labour can heal post-election win or not.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Taking a nice break from all this election hullabaloo to just sit & enjoy albums from this year. God bless the album, the long player, the perfect format for music. Singles? In the bin.

I recommend it. Just put together a playlist of all the 2019 music you've bought/stolen/streamed/whatever, no judgements here (but if you like an artist you probably should support them when you financially can afford to & streaming rates are so pish)/been recommended in alphabetical order (or chronological order if you are more careful about keeping a record on dates & poo poo), hit play on track 1 & just give yourself the time to let it roll over you. Not all at once, that could be silly, my playlist is 60 hours long. But make the time to listen to an album or two in one sitting. It's such a beautiful way to just unwind from all the madness.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
https://twitter.com/BenGoldsmith/status/1203616681404317701?s=19

I loving hate tories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Chuka Umana posted:

Let's go to that ever reliable arbiter of odds, internet betting. (p.s never trust a bookie)

9/1 on her winning, looks like. Looks like they think the Cons are gonna win it, but Labour have a fair chance.

Personally I'm voting for the Church of Militant Elvis.

7.5/1 for Raab and IDS to both lose their seats? Sign me the hell up.