Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

reported for disgusting anti-klingonism

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.

Arglebargle III posted:

reported for disgusting smooth-headedness

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

Arglebargle III posted:

reported for disgusting anti-klingonism

Yes please do not mock the Klings

Ben Nerevarine
Apr 14, 2006
Worf starting out as a kleeaboo is okay because his character premise is fulfilled in the end in DS9. Only an outsider who came upon Klingon ideals honestly could become the paragon that reminds a corrupt, decadent culture of what it should be.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Ben Nerevarine posted:

Worf starting out as a kleeaboo is okay because his character premise is fulfilled in the end in DS9. Only an outsider who came upon Klingon ideals honestly could become the paragon that reminds a corrupt, decadent culture of what it should be.

And then, because John Logan is a hack upon hacks, they walk it back in Nemesis and Worf is just back to being the tactical officer on the Enterprise. :suicide:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Terrible news :(

René died.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Rene Auberjonois died today due to metastatic lung cancer. He was 79. :smith:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Pick posted:

Terrible news :(

René died.

poo poo.

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Joining the great link in the sky

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
https://twitter.com/evrythingstays/status/1203774582274039809

:( RIP to Rene Auberjonois

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/reneauberjonois/status/1202744234102722560

Delsaber
Oct 1, 2013

This may or may not be correct.

Well gently caress.

Time to assemble a Best of Odo watchlist and replay Fallout New Vegas.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Timby posted:

Ugh. Had no idea he was even sick. That's two DS9 actors just this year.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Timby posted:

I’m actually tearing up over this, it’s loving awful. He was incredibly sweet and nice when I met him a couple years back. Talked with me for a good ten minutes about the local theater scene and his guest spot on Always Sunny.

This has been an awful finish to what should have been a good year for the DS9 cast. :smith:

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
Aw, man, and we just watched "A Simple Investigation" an hour ago.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

CPColin posted:

Aw, man, and we just watched "A Simple Investigation" an hour ago.
Last month I watched the Breaking Bad movie and as soon as I finished it I saw online that Robert Forster had died the same day of release

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
I met him at our local con, and he was nice as hell. He made sure to wander the vendor hall and artist alley to compliment all the artists and crafters' work, and sang the Little Mermaid song to any kids that asked. He's also notable for being one of the few celebs I've heard of that sold his autographs at cons so he could donate the fee to charity. (Doctors Without Borders)

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

MorgaineDax posted:

I met him at our local con, and he was nice as hell. He made sure to wander the vendor hall and artist alley to compliment all the artists and crafters' work, and sang the Little Mermaid song to any kids that asked. He's also notable for being one of the few celebs I've heard of that sold his autographs at cons so he could donate the fee to charity. (Doctors Without Borders)

Yeah, he did the normal autographs on photos and then if you donated to DWB he also sketched a separate Odo bucket for you.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

RIP Odo :(

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I'm really sad guys

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEBLI1zWXYw

RIP

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Where's the clip someone made of Odo growling "QUAAAARRRK :doom:" for like five minutes?

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
This sucks, Odo was the only good cop

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
He's the first of TNG-era main cast to go.

I'm quite bummed out by this news.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

That sucks. DS9 cast aren't having a good year. I didn't realise he was that old, since I mainly think of him as Odo under all that makeup.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Zesty posted:

He's the first of TNG-era main cast to go.

Poor Aaron Eisenburg...

edit: gently caress I should read what I quote a bit harder. Yea *main* cast, sure.

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 00:40 on Dec 9, 2019

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kibbles n Shits posted:

Poor Aaron Eisenburg...

Eisenberg was never main cast but rather always credited as a guest; he only appeared in 45 episodes of DS9.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/ShimermanArmin/status/1203810391907717120

Heartbreaking. Rene was the coolest; this one is gonna sting.

womb with a view
Sep 8, 2007

That's real sad, he seemed like a lovely guy.

Kibbles n Shits
Apr 8, 2006

burgerpug.png

Fun Shoe

Timby posted:

Eisenberg was never main cast but rather always credited as a guest; he only appeared in 45 episodes of DS9.

It's a testament to DS9's writing (and Eisenberg's portrayal of the character) that Nog got practically as much of an arc as any of the main characters to the point where I always forget just how relatively few episodes he was in. Even though he's not technically the main cast, his character kind of feels like a main one, at least compared to the rest of the franchise's guest reoccurrences. (Exception: John DeLancie as Q)

Kibbles n Shits fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 9, 2019

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Kibbles n Shits posted:

It's a testament to DS9's writing (and Eisenberg's portrayal of the character) that Nog got practically as much of an arc as any of the main characters to the point where I always forget just how relatively few episodes he was in. Even though he's not technically the main cast, his character kind of feels like a main one, at least compared to the rest of the franchise's guest reoccurrences. (Exception: John DeLancie as Q)

Absolutely. Another example is Garak. He's often referred to as one of the most beloved regular members of the cast, even though he only popped up in 33 episodes (and only once in season 1, three times in season 2).

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/4TerryFarrell/status/1203827617226358784

https://twitter.com/NanaVisitor/status/1203822496161517568

1000 Brown M and Ms
Oct 22, 2008

F:\DL>quickfli 4-clowns.fli
And then you've got the opposite with Cirroc Lofton. He was only in 71 episodes (about 40%) and yet was a main cast member. That said, he would have still been in school for the first half of the series and Jake Sisko was a character that, being a teenager and non-Starfleet, was probably somewhat difficult to write for.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Gonz posted:

https://twitter.com/ShimermanArmin/status/1203810391907717120

Heartbreaking. Rene was the coolest; this one is gonna sting.

I was keeping it together fine until I saw this and the rest of the cast's tweets, gently caress

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

:( Pouring one out for René.

He's aiming his sniper rifle at the Federation President and Valeris from Heaven, now. (Well, from VHS Heaven, anyway. He got cut from theatrical-release Heaven.)

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
René :'(

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Powered Descent posted:

:( Pouring one out for René.

He's aiming his sniper rifle at the Federation President and Valeris from Heaven, now. (Well, from VHS Heaven, anyway. He got cut from theatrical-release Heaven.)
I was always surprised to find out later that he wasn't in the theatrical version since I grew up watching the VHS one which has those scenes in it

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/Marina_Sirtis/status/1203843676184530944

Star Trek cast having a rough day of it today.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist
What the gently caress? I've had enough of today. I demand a do-over until we get it right.

Pararoid
Dec 6, 2005

Te Waipounamu pride
gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019
It's painful enough to have watched the TOS crew die gradually. I'm not ready to see the TNG era crew go too.