Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Lightning Trap starter confirmed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Definitely another minion build for a starter, but maybe a guardian based one instead of necro?

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Awesome! posted:

and then he was destroyed by a man on a journey to chadlightenment https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e7yc9m/20058_ssfhc_act_10_kitava/

9 loving minutes

It's absolutely insane to me how fast these dudes blow through the content of the game. Takes me at least a week or sometimes even two weeks to get A10 Kitava down with my league starter. Combination of being bad at the game, and playing pretty casually, but they finish A10 in what would be my first play session.. maybe getting to level 20'ish. lol..

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Locke Dunnegan posted:

Honestly I really like the alien motif of Harbinger but If it was between say Legion or Harbinger then I'm going with Legion. Sucks that it's pricey, but I've always been a Bold player myself so here's to :rolldice:

EDIT: Domination just means regular-rear end shrines and not the weird ones from the league, right? I didn't play that one. This means more Gulls and Tamings right? Not that Gulls are super duper I just haven't used one but have grouped with goons who have and I figure Bow League seems a pretty good fit for trying it out on a Ballista or just regular pew pew bow char

Yes, it's something like +3 shrines. It's actually decently rewarding if you run maps that don't bug out and fail to place shrine packs.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
That Zana list reads like a whole bunch of "Fortune Favors the Brave isn't worth it".

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
The only ones I'd be less than happy to get are the first two.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Still having a hard time deciding between starting on softcore or SSFHC with the frustration of dying and starting over.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dyzzy posted:

Might be worth seeing how the build functions without a built-in CoC item in standard, cause who knows how accessible that's gonna be in 3.9

Can't comment on elementalist but personally if I weren't necro I'd just use a different spell to free up a slot for another support gem.

e: threw my setup into a tabula (dropped combustion) and did a t15, seems fine but the numbers were overkill to begin with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7tK1Zm7DRw

Thinking about using elementalist for the golem buffs, mostly

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Ice golem buff would be pretty sweet for that yeah.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Awesome! posted:

and then he was destroyed by a man on a journey to chadlightenment https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/e7yc9m/20058_ssfhc_act_10_kitava/

9 loving minutes

So did tie23 do this today, or did he just have this saved for when someone broke the world record?

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
So with Nebuloch getting way more rare this league, what's a good starter build for if I want to try being the beefiest tank around? Just an indestructible mountain of meat.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Patrick Spens posted:

So did tie23 do this today, or did he just have this saved for when someone broke the world record?

who knows. maybe he has a 1:50 up his sleeve for a rainy day.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

dyzzy posted:

Ice golem buff would be pretty sweet for that yeah.

I figure that plus people saying it can be done now with a terminus and mathil saying he leveled with claws, it should be workable

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
oh, pledge of hands and darkscorn are both legion exclusive now. hmm

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

ZiegeDame posted:

So with Nebuloch getting way more rare this league, what's a good starter build for if I want to try being the beefiest tank around? Just an indestructible mountain of meat.

I did a max block cold Occultist last league that was unkillable outside of deep delves.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Traxis posted:

I did a max block cold Occultist last league that was unkillable outside of deep delves.

Link or describe further?

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>

Patrick Spens posted:

Havok was doing the runs on his stream last night, Tie probably just got motivated to do it after seeing him pull it off.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://twitter.com/pathofexile/status/1203819272717258752

Captain Foo posted:

I figure that plus people saying it can be done now with a terminus and mathil saying he leveled with claws, it should be workable

While it's been a pretty smooth ride to red maps, not having a 6-link outside of a Tab really starts to hurt since it's still effectively a melee-range build, but you can counteract that with more life on the tree, somewhat. You still want about 5-5.5k life I'd say.

Social Media
Jan 21, 2010

6c seems kinda steep for post-nerf legion but it does make fortune favors the bold a lot better

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
They all look bad, IMO.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Going to 24 might be worth it this season but I won't feel bad if I don't get there.

rawk cawk
Jun 19, 2002

Planimal is great.
Guess I'll be doing 36. Want that portal

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

silvergoose posted:

https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds?class=Occultist&item=Lethal-Pride&skill=Vortex

This'll get you most of the way. The only non-obvious thing there is the Lethal Pride gem (Kiloava version) that converts Eldritch Battery into Glancing Blows: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Lethal_Pride

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

silvergoose posted:

You use a Kiloava Lethal Pride to help cap your block (along with Rumi's and passives) and a shaper shield with 'recover %es on block'. Other than that it is a pretty standard low life vortex/cold snap occultist.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Bex is enjoying her time off being a mom: https://twitter.com/bexchangewords/status/1203820029461970945

Talran
Sep 11, 2005

Be gone with you! You'll spoil my focus.

Fister Roboto posted:

Definitely another minion build for a starter, but maybe a guardian based one instead of necro?

Going necro again here. At least for starter it has such a smooth transition to endgame and is so cheap to gear.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

i never actually make it to 36 but i do like that toxic shower portal so maybe ill try again this league

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
As someone who usually only does 12 challenges so I can say I "got something", wow those footprints suck.

aejix
Sep 18, 2007

It's about finding that next group of core players we can win with in the next 6, 8, 10 years. Let's face it, it's hard for 20-, 21-, 22-year-olds to lead an NHL team. Look at the playoffs.

That quote is from fucking 2018. Fuck you Jim
Pillbug
Gross, I tapped out very early on blight despite wanting the 36 wings and loving tower defence. was planning on taking this league off completely but that portal is awesome

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Arrhythmia posted:

They all look bad, IMO.

yah.. watched the video and was like.. guess I don't care how many challenges I accidentally get this league!

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

So wait, is there an MTX that sucks up currency so I don't have to anymore?

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

tithin posted:

So wait, is there an MTX that sucks up currency so I don't have to anymore?

Only if you live in China

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Only if you're playing in China on the Chinese client.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
The last league reward dodad that I liked was the Delve canary. Just a wholesome yellow bird fluttering around me and my gibbering undead horde.

Slo-Tek
Jun 8, 2001

WINDOWS 98 BEAT HIS FRIEND WITH A SHOVEL

Arrhythmia posted:

Only if you live in China

Is there an explanation for why? I kinda get why trading sucks on purpose, or at least, it has been explained to me, but what is the why of "some currency slurps, others don't, except for China'?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

tencent told them to add it to the china realm so they can sell them. tencent doesnt really care about the other realms so we didnt get it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I think they treat the China client as a almost separate game and do lots of different things

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Chinese gamers actually like pay-to-win systems, hence the Chinese version of PoE gets that stuff.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Awesome! posted:

tencent doesnt really care about the other realms so we didnt get it

I think it's more a case of "tencent always asks for full access to the client to do their things so they can promise players that there'll be no involvement". Tencent isn't unaware of how the rest of the world looks at monetization of eastern games.

Every other company that gets bought by tencent gives a big speech on how their monetization schemes will not be altered and after six months of people complaining a lot about how the game is gonna become p2w everyone calms down because nothing happened.
This is the "nothing happened" part.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

A pet that wanders around getting currency for me so I can focus more on murder is a damned good investment

so yknow, hop on it GGG