Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kawalimus posted:

The Jets have the best rushing defense in the entire NFL. Well, looks like no free win on thursday. God drat it! gently caress off with these good defenses, EVERY SINGLE loving WEEK

lmao. Ravens will win by 40.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

pmchem posted:

Yeah that’s been a super huge problem for Lamar so far

:rolleyes:

The Bills successfully slowed him down on the ground after Mark Andrews went out.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

The Jets have the best rushing defense in the entire NFL. Well, looks like no free win on thursday. God drat it! gently caress off with these good defenses, EVERY SINGLE loving WEEK

That's one way to look at it!

In another, more accurate, way, the Jets are a Bad Football Team and if you can't beat the unstoppable juggernaut that is the New York Football Jets to preserve your number one seed/playoff position then maybe you shouldn't expect to go anywhere in the playoffs!

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

lmao. Ravens will win by 40.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Kawalimus posted:

The Bills successfully slowed him down on the ground after Mark Andrews went out.

Early lines have Ravens 14 point favorites lol

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

pmchem posted:

Early lines have Ravens 14 point favorites lol

a virtual pick em

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

It’s the biggest line of the week

TheHoosier
Dec 30, 2004

The fuck, Graham?!

every gotdamn game the Niners are in gives me a stroke. SF/NO games are such good poo poo

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

The Bills had a poo poo offensive performance for most of the game and almost beat us. The Jets are strong right where we do our best at beating teams. And they're better at it than the Bills or any other team we've faced.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Chubb and Hunt had 7 loving carries combined in the first half. Kill me now

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

This loss will just make the Pats more annoying because the media will start pretending they are underdogs when the playoffs roll around.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

Kawalimus posted:

The Bills had a poo poo offensive performance for most of the game and almost beat us. The Jets are strong right where we do our best at beating teams. And they're better at it than the Bills or any other team we've faced.

I think the bills are better than the jets.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Despera posted:

I think the bills are better than the jets.

No, the Jets have the best rushing defense in the entire NFL. The Bills are 14th in rushing defense.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Kawalimus posted:

Im gonna remember this post when BAL scores TDs on their first 3 possessions, is up by 18, and Sam Darnold has a robust stat line of 14 PA for less than 80 yards.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Kawalimus posted:

No, the Jets have the best rushing defense in the entire NFL. The Bills are 14th in rushing defense.

Sorry but finding a way to be pessimistic over facing the Jets is a huge stretch even for you.

That honor is reserved for NFC East teams.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mega64 posted:

Sorry but finding a way to be pessimistic over facing the Jets is a huge stretch even for you.

That honor is reserved for NFC East teams.

I'm just mad because someone was like "the jets don't have a great defense" so i peeked to see how bad they were only to see their run D is #1 in the loving league and I was PISSED. I'm so sick of seeing these strong defenses week after week. I want to see us go hog wild some more.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Traxis posted:

This loss will just make the Pats more annoying because the media will start pretending they are underdogs when the playoffs roll around.

OTOH Brady has fallen off just enough that BB hasn't been able to overperform with inferior talent like usual

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Edit wrong thread

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
you all continue to argue with someone who openly admits he doesn't understand football

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Otherwise Tannehill is a loving god, 49ers/Saints was loving awesome, and Dolphins/Jets was exciting if you really like watching field goals. The Dolphins alone scored seven of them, because what the gently caress are touchdowns?

Despera
Jun 6, 2011

No Irish Need Imply posted:

you all continue to argue with someone who openly admits he doesn't understand football

there something else to do on TFF?

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I don't understand the more intricate aspects of football. But saying that going up against the best rushing defense in football when our best pass catcher might not be able to play, isn't one of the dumbest statements I've made. I mean the response is "LOL JETS" and that doesn't show any more understanding than what I said. Looking at that sort of matchups and not just cheating by looking at the records to me is a better way of understanding.

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

here are the intricacies: the Jets are awful

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Kawalimus posted:

shut the hell up you god drat moron

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Mystic Stylez posted:

here's the intricacies: the Jets are awful

this man knows what's up :hmmyes:

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

Bird poster rules

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Well we have to argue with someone

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Mystic Stylez posted:

here's the intricacies: the Jets are awful

Ok, but even bad teams can have strengths that can give certain teams problems.

Like today the Bills were mostly bad on offense. Allen didn't do jack for 3.5 quarters. But the Bills defense still was strong and without Andrews we couldn't take advantage of that. The Jets game has the potential to be a continuation of the Bills game.

I'm not saying the Jets are a good team!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Which would be more hilarious: the Ravens just loving the living poo poo out of the Jets like 56-0, or the Jets somehow pulling off a clownball 12-11 win?

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Roasted Donut posted:

lmao

Mega64
May 23, 2008

fartknocker posted:

Which would be more hilarious: the Ravens just loving the living poo poo out of the Jets like 56-0, or the Jets somehow pulling off a clownball 12-11 win?

Any Jets game always ends with hilarity.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

sharknado slashfic posted:

Well we have to argue with someone

No you don't! At all! More than enough threads I like already get poo poo up by people constantly quoting the idiot!

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

why is Baker Mayfield always talking is he tearing up the league or something

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I'll be honest, I like the Ravens. Right now the teams I'm most scared of are the Titans and Chiefs as they're the only teams in the AFC playoff picture we haven't beat already.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
If you throw all over the Jets then the stats will say good defense. Watch a game and ask yourself do you believe your lying eyes or the J E T S

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

afaik we still don't know why Calvin Ridley looked ill, collapsed on the sideline, was picked up and placed on a cart, and was taken out of the stadium while reportedly being "responsive"

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Although the Ravens getting waxed by "one point better than Miami" would be lol

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck

Roasted Donut posted:

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

If you throw all over the Jets then the stats will say good defense. Watch a game and ask yourself do you believe your lying eyes or the J E T S

This is the kind of thing I'm looking for, if someone knows if they are only #1 because of stuff like this or if they are actually really strong up front but bad enough elsewhere that it can't win them games.

The thing is if we don't have Andrews, I'm not confident we can throw all over anyone. So if we can't throw all over them to open up our running game we could have some trouble with them. That's all I'm trying to say!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

No you don't! At all! More than enough threads I like already get poo poo up by people constantly quoting the idiot!

I'm sorry, please nobody quote me going forward