Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RabbitWizard
Oct 21, 2008

Muldoon

quote:

Hey RW, can you please post in the thread please?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polikarpov
Jun 1, 2013

Keep it between the buoys
:justpost: for Auth!

Revolucion
Nov 2, 2004
Can I be investigated by the FBI, please?

New player reporting in.

Madtrixr
Nov 27, 2010

Libluini posted:

I don't get this pubby obsession with tanks. Someone had 3k+ in his nation and three airstrikes later, it's ca. 250 left. All that steel wasted, reduced to burning wreckage littering the landscape

I did some thinking and my guess is it has to do with pubbies and how they're used to having to fend for themselves, and tanks help with ground wars so then you can gain an advantage in air combat, but falls apart when you can actually be guaranteed backup like GOONS do, and suddenly you get like 3 nations with 500+ planes going after your tanks. As to where this mindset came from, I imagine its just how its been for the past 4-5 years that everyone just kind of went with this without really running the cost-benefit on it.

This is all junior level bullshit but it at least makes some sense when viewed from this lens

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
That probably is at least a part of it. I do see nations built to do dumb stuff like make their own food and mine then refine resources. Fortunately goons are here to violently show them the error of their ways with collective action and the superior efficiency of goonunism.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Is making food unprofitable because everyone is doing it just because it seems like a reasonable thing to do? Or is there another reason?

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

How silly. I am Dew Collector of Bortholistan. Let's go y'all. COMMUNISM WILL WIN

Kim Jaym Il
Dec 14, 2010

what? i
don't
have
fucking
ears

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

Is making food unprofitable because everyone is doing it just because it seems like a reasonable thing to do? Or is there another reason?

It's tied to your land area, which we don't carry a lot of with our build. As such it's more profitable to focus on other resources, and just buy the food(which the alliance takes care of).

Kim Jaym Il fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 9, 2019

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Makes sense

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

I thought about expanding land area to 1500 because apparently that’s tied to missile strike effectiveness. Is this true?

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

"15,000 hours of Diablo II isn't that much, dweeb."

Playing baseball and waiting for the war to end. The other side is apparently very angry because we are indifferent to the war as long as we have baseball.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Sup merry pranksters. Off topic, but I'm not about to post in GBS. Some call girl put my number in her ad and I'm getting texts from a bunch of thirsty idiots. Before I go to change my number, do any of y'all have a link to goatse that won't show a preview image in a texting app?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ItBreathes posted:

Sup merry pranksters. Off topic, but I'm not about to post in GBS. Some call girl put my number in her ad and I'm getting texts from a bunch of thirsty idiots. Before I go to change my number, do any of y'all have a link to goatse that won't show a preview image in a texting app?

Why does a prost...wait...why here? The gently caress?

E: Just suck their dicks, make some cash.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

SpaceSDoorGunner posted:

I thought about expanding land area to 1500 because apparently that’s tied to missile strike effectiveness. Is this true?

IDK, all I've heard is you want land equal to infra to prevent disease.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

ItBreathes posted:

What the gently caress are you talking about?

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

Honky Dong Country posted:

Why does a prost...wait...why here? The gently caress?

E: Just suck their dicks, make some cash.

I figured it was here or the Eve thread, and I don't want to touch the Eve thread.

GBS could probably do it but my unbroken streak of not posting in GBS must be maintained.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

My man, that's pretty drat weird.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

You're telling me.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'm talking about your posting.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

What would you do if you had a bunch of would-be John's texting you, besides change your number?

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

I'd suck their dicks. Extra money helps at this time of year.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Honky Dong Country posted:

I'd suck their dicks. Extra money helps at this time of year.

:same:

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Get a real job. jk

I realize this is a weird place to ask, and while not related to the takedown of Nazis, I figured somewhere drawing people actively involved in internet conflict would be a likely place to find funny things to send to people.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

ItBreathes posted:

What would you do if you had a bunch of would-be John's texting you, besides change your number?

Tell them your number is a trap to lure the horny and send them Bible quotes about being sinners and telling them to repent.

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

:wtc:

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Send them a funny invitation.

To your house.

Then suck their dicks.

It'll be hilarious and they will be thoroughly owned.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Sorry DNFJ, I'll look elsewhere.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

ItBreathes posted:

Get a real job. jk

I realize this is a weird place to ask, and while not related to the takedown of Nazis, I figured somewhere drawing people actively involved in internet conflict would be a likely place to find funny things to send to people.

Seriously, take this to GBS or A/T or CSPAM or something and make a new thread.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Link the thread though, I'm invested now.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Xelkelvos posted:

Seriously, take this to GBS or A/T or CSPAM or something and make a new thread.

Obviously the correct place for this is Goons With Spoons.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

Yeah, funny as it would be, I'm not trying to open up my phone to the fantastic ideas of greater goondom. I'm changing my number tomorrow.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Coward.

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

ItBreathes posted:

Yeah, funny as it would be, I'm not trying to open up my phone to the fantastic ideas of greater goondom. I'm changing my number tomorrow.

Lmao

Astryl
Feb 1, 2005

Carth Dookie posted:

Link the thread though, I'm invested now.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel
Well that got weird fast, even by browser game standards.

micron
Nov 15, 2005

I was told to post. He's my post.

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
God forbid he posts on that lovely dead eve thread woof

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
The gently caress just happened? I read it and still don't know.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
PnW site still making GBS threads itself pretty heavily, not just figuratively this time!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
It's hard to keep the website running for 200 people