Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

FizFashizzle posted:

afaik we still don't know why Calvin Ridley looked ill, collapsed on the sideline, was picked up and placed on a cart, and was taken out of the stadium while reportedly being "responsive"

Been reported as an "abdominal injury" and that he was taken straight to the hospital

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fat Jesus posted:

why is Baker Mayfield always talking is he tearing up the league or something

At this point I'd rather hear from Odell after games

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

This thread needs more chat about the dirty rear end Pats diving at the Chiefs during end of game kneel downs.

Fuckin Schiano style amateurs

Foxboro delenda est

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/Marc_Bertrand/status/1203854242123042816

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Been reported as an "abdominal injury" and that he was taken straight to the hospital

yeah we haven't gotten an update on that

that's uh real bad

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
The Broncos are hinting at the possibility that they might have competent QB play next season.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

solarjetman posted:

The Broncos are hinting at the possibility that they might have competent QB play next season.

Well yeah, Flacco should be healthy by then

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Fat Jesus posted:

Winningest NFL team in Ohio baby!

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

Elephanthead posted:

Winningest NFL team in Ohio baby!

Since both teams played each other this week this is unequivocally true!

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Someone is salty af.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'll be honest, I like the Ravens. Right now the teams I'm most scared of are the Titans and Chiefs as they're the only teams in the AFC playoff picture we haven't beat already.

The Titans are poo poo playing from behind, just do a lot of stupid poo poo and die. But if the game's tied at halftime, their opponents are in a bad situation since Henry is a second half running back and just starts becoming unstoppable against a winded defenses. The Titans D is banged up enough that Lamar in his apex form right now could probably trounce them, but it's a toss-up. This Titans team is such a trip right now, it really does seem if they can keep offensively up enough with a team in a first half that they have the game in the bag.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

:allears:

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Fat Jesus posted:

Everyone spent like the entire offseason kissing his rear end and anointing the Browns the AFCN champs.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Probably Magic posted:

The Titans are poo poo playing from behind, just do a lot of stupid poo poo and die. But if the game's tied at halftime, their opponents are in a bad situation since Henry is a second half running back and just starts becoming unstoppable against a winded defenses. The Titans D is banged up enough that Lamar in his apex form right now could probably trounce them, but it's a toss-up. This Titans team is such a trip right now, it really does seem if they can keep offensively up enough with a team in a first half that they have the game in the bag.

Yeah Henry is one of those battering rams where if the game unfolds a certain way, 4-5 yard gains in the first half become 25 yard gains and touchdowns.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

Probably Magic posted:

I can’t believe I’m saying this, but I’m glad Ryan Tannehill wasn’t under center when the Titans played the Bills, ‘cause we probably would have lost.
Seriously though, who would have thought that Mike Vrabel of all coaches would be the one to unlock Tannehill’s full power?

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Kawalimus posted:

This is the kind of thing I'm looking for, if someone knows if they are only #1 because of stuff like this or if they are actually really strong up front but bad enough elsewhere that it can't win them games.

The thing is if we don't have Andrews, I'm not confident we can throw all over anyone. So if we can't throw all over them to open up our running game we could have some trouble with them. That's all I'm trying to say!

Here's some nerd numbers for you then. It's expressed in fantasy football points by position, but the data stands. Good defenses like the 49ers and Patriots depress performance across the board. Suspect defenses like the Jets depress one position at the expense of others. Running backs perform less well, but primarily because QBs and WRs ball all over them.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
:swoon:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Imagine being a fan of a team with 6 SB wins in the last two decades, no losing seasons in that time frame, the inside track on a 1st round bye, and still throwing a fit like this about a regular season game

They’re simultaneously hilarious and infuriating

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Freaquency posted:

Imagine being a fan of a team with 6 SB wins in the last two decades, no losing seasons in that time frame, the inside track on a 1st round bye, and still throwing a fit like this about a regular season game

They’re simultaneously hilarious and infuriating

nobody believes in us, you see

Rectal Placenta
Feb 25, 2011

FizFashizzle posted:

afaik we still don't know why Calvin Ridley looked ill, collapsed on the sideline, was picked up and placed on a cart, and was taken out of the stadium while reportedly being "responsive"

Probably spicy food turd cramps

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Roasted Donut posted:

shut the hell up you god drat moron

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

A noble sacrifice

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Traxis posted:

This loss will just make the Pats more annoying because the media will start pretending they are underdogs when the playoffs roll around.

lol boston fans+media turn into doomsayers the moment the patriots have a close game, let alone a loss

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

Wtf LT never got 100 & 100

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Roasted Donut posted:

shut the hell up you god drat moron

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Once again the cops shoot the wrong person. Rest in power, donut.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Stop posting about posters, thanks and gods bless.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
I'm going to whine all day about my 11-2 team but dont hold it against me

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Waroduce posted:

Wtf LT never got 100 & 100

Nope! He only ever had two 100 yard receiving games. One on the Chargers in 2003 where he went for 88 yards rushing and 148 yards receiving, and then once on the Jets in 2010

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.
Ugh. The Seahawks are trash and we are never going to go 19-0 four straight years to tie the Niners for Super Bowl wins unless we can get another Walter Jones. Really this team isn't even worth watching without a HoF left tackle. Having a real road paver who never ever holds is what Wilson needs. Hell, I'll trade Wilson for him. Then we just need two Quentin Nelsons to man the interior and we will almost be worth watching. Ugh. I can't even watch football with my dad anymore because he at least had the courage to kill himself instead of watching this trash team. I wish I was that powerful. I'd rather the bus crashed on the way to the stadium than see us go to Dallas in the wildcard round, win, and then lose to the eventual Super Bowl champs in the divisional round. Ugh. At least I have my quirky hobby, filling mason jars with my own farts and huffing them while I listen to classical music in the storage shed.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

Chichevache posted:

Ugh. The Seahawks are trash and we are never going to go 19-0 four straight years to tie the Niners for Super Bowl wins unless we can get another Walter Jones. Really this team isn't even worth watching without a HoF left tackle. Having a real road paver who never ever holds is what Wilson needs. Hell, I'll trade Wilson for him. Then we just need two Quentin Nelsons to man the interior and we will almost be worth watching. Ugh. I can't even watch football with my dad anymore because he at least had the courage to kill himself instead of watching this trash team. I wish I was that powerful. I'd rather the bus crashed on the way to the stadium than see us go to Dallas in the wildcard round, win, and then lose to the eventual Super Bowl champs in the divisional round. Ugh. At least I have my quirky hobby, filling mason jars with my own farts and huffing them while I listen to classical music in the storage shed.

Lol.

Finger Prince
Jan 5, 2007

Seattle's defense stink, stank, stunk.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

So the win over AZ totally jump started the Rams mojo again eh?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.

Finger Prince posted:

Seattle's defense stink, stank, stunk.

The offense was a million times worse. At least the defense scored a touchdown.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Niners win, Pats lose, Seahawks lose.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qY5a0O7qpZY

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
It’s going to own when the rams beat Dallas and the 49ers the next two weeks to give me the hope that they will make the playoffs then ultimately lay a giant turd against the cardinals in week 17

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Chichevache posted:

:golfclap:

4/10. Solid, good development, but not enough lusting after an aged tight end that played for you for like 2 seasons (Zach Miller I guess?) or having an insane hatred for a team in the opposite conference that hasn’t played a meaningful game against you ever (Let’s say... Jacksonville).

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
Brady is washed.

It was a good run for Tom.

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Rad Valtar posted:

Brady is washed.

It was a good run for Tom.

I’m not saying he isn’t, but with how crappy the line is, how terrible the run game is without develin, and how terrible the receivers are at getting open, how can you put this on Brady?

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I’m not saying he isn’t, but with how crappy the line is, how terrible the run game is without develin, and how terrible the receivers are at getting open, how can you put this on Brady?

I’m not a Pats fan, I was mocking them.

Demon Of The Fall
May 1, 2004

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/jwyattsports/status/1203894440290447360?s=20

https://twitter.com/GrahamBarfield/status/1203895447204483072?s=20

Titans...offense...prolific??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Chichevache posted:

:stare: