Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Rocksicles posted:

maybe the secret guy at the end figured out here.

Seems cut and dried to me, but i love a good fake out

Tbh I just completely assumed it was him and didn't even realize there was a fakeout/speculation until I looked on the internet afterwards. It looked just like him from behind.My take on the end was "oh why did mando go back and get her?"

The I go on the interenet and its like "it's Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Max Rebo..." and I'm like, poo poo I don't watch this show very good or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayman10
May 11, 2019

Jewel Repetition posted:

I went back to look and the shadowy figure's right boot is missing that ammo garter thing but everything else about the legs is exactly the same. Also the other Mandalorians' armor is all completely different

he could have just not been wearing the ammo garter

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

veni veni veni posted:

Tbh I just completely assumed it was him and didn't even realize there was a fakeout/speculation until I looked on the internet afterwards. It looked just like him from behind.My take on the end was "oh why did mando go back and get her?"

The I go on the interenet and its like "it's Boba Fett, Darth Maul, Max Rebo..." and I'm like, poo poo I don't watch this show very good or something.

It's not boba fett unless he's got a completely new outfit. Which would anger the gently caress out of everyone

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

Rocksicles posted:

It's not boba fett unless he's got a completely new outfit. Which would anger the gently caress out of everyone

Apparently, there's a book trilogy by Chuck Wendig where some other dude salvaged the armor from the sarlacc and is now wearing it so Boba getting a new/upgraded outfit is completely reasonable. He's had time to do it since The Mandalorisn is set five years after Return of the Jedi.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Thanks to CoX, my stairs will be protected forever!
So Boba being alive is still canon? I know he was in some of the old novels but I thought they were part of the Disney purge

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

Pez posted:

So Boba being alive is still canon? I know he was in some of the old novels but I thought they were part of the Disney purge

Boba is missing, presumed dead in canon. His armor has been recovered and is being used by someone else.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Everyone posted:

Apparently, there's a book trilogy by Chuck Wendig where some other dude salvaged the armor from the sarlacc and is now wearing it so Boba getting a new/upgraded outfit is completely reasonable. He's had time to do it since The Mandalorisn is set five years after Return of the Jedi.
Yeah i've read it, but even then they never actually say it's Boba's armour. It's just a set of manalorian armour salvaged from a sarlacc, it's badly corroded in the book

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Booba Fett

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I'm in the middle of watching the episode now. I love how deeply stupid the Raider encounter makes Luke and Ben Kenobi out to be.

The bounty hunter kid is an idiot, but at least he has a fairly good excuse for being an idiot since he's a new arrival.

Prior to A New Hope Luke lived on the planet almost all his life (since being brought there as a newborn). Kenobi has also lived on the planet for most of Luke's (20ish year) lifespan. Neither of them seem to have bothered to learn Raider sign, where the Raider territory is or that it's a pretty simple matter to get tolerance/passage (and perhaps even help/supplies) by trading some common human items to them.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
They might not be as amicable toward the people that actually live nearby as they are to the ones that are just passing through. To complete the comparisons, I wouldn't be surprised if most settlers lived on territory that previously belonged to the raiders, but which they were driven out of by force.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007

Everyone posted:

I'm in the middle of watching the episode now. I love how deeply stupid the Raider encounter makes Luke and Ben Kenobi out to be.

The bounty hunter kid is an idiot, but at least he has a fairly good excuse for being an idiot since he's a new arrival.

Prior to A New Hope Luke lived on the planet almost all his life (since being brought there as a newborn). Kenobi has also lived on the planet for most of Luke's (20ish year) lifespan. Neither of them seem to have bothered to learn Raider sign, where the Raider territory is or that it's a pretty simple matter to get tolerance/passage (and perhaps even help/supplies) by trading some common human items to them.

To be fair that was a long time ago in a galaxy far far away

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yeah the raider encounter doesn't add up with Star Wars. It's pretty clear they just attack on site, so them just waiting for Mando to make a deal with them makes no sense. At the same time, who cares.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

They attack a kid who comes basically from a giant homestead full of robots and vehicles that occupies a huge amount of their land all for the comfort of three colonizers. The kid even has an armed light aircraft he buzzes around with tormenting the local fauna. Of course he's KOS to the indigenous people if they catch him ranging out on his own. Some nomads passing through and travelling light get the benefit of parlay.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Everyone posted:

Then again, the sand people hit Luke by surprise while he was standing there looking at their Banthas, and Ben was just running them off before they killed him. Also maybe some tribes react differently to outsiders.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Canonically and textually the Lars homestead and the clan that dwells there have always been at odds with the tuskens. You bet if I'm a tusken and I catch that tow-headed spawn of a mass murderer outside the protection of his settler compound I'm going at him hard.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Owlbear Camus posted:

Canonically and textually the Lars homestead and the clan that dwells there have always been at odds with the tuskens. You bet if I'm a tusken and I catch that tow-headed spawn of a mass murderer outside the protection of his settler compound I'm going at him hard.

Good praxis.

Pez
Feb 28, 2002

Owlbear Camus posted:

:bravo: Didn't even think of that, if anyone escaped Anakin they're bound to know his mother (and later he) came from there

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

obi-wan and luke were incel weirdos. the mando fucks.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo

upgunned shitpost posted:

obi-wan and luke were incel weirdos. the mando fucks.

Not so far he hasn't. And he very definitely had a chance with the good shooting hot widow.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
This is pretty cool. The Tusken that signs with Mando was played by a deaf actor.

https://twitter.com/SWAUTOGRAPH/status/1203768030603489281

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Watching Star Wars fans put way more thought into SW things than the people who made it will never not make me laugh, and it's constantly the gift that keeps on giving.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

Mos Eisley seems pretty dead.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

thelaughingman posted:

Mos Eisley seems pretty dead.

What are you talking about there's sand everywhere. Its full of signs that Anakin and his Empire was defeated.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
I just amused myself imagining it was Mos Eisley in SWG in an alternate universe where they dumpstered all the Jedi and everyone became Bounty Hunters instead.

Everyone
Sep 6, 2019

by sebmojo
I'm not going to cry about fan service or cheapness but this is the most tedious episode thus far. I've been watching it on and off on my laptop since yesterday afternoon and I still have ten minutes to go (including the credits, so maybe five minutes) even with Ming-Na Wen finally getting to talk. I didn't have this situation in any of the previous episode. Acting or not Gina Carano was way more compelling/interesting than Ming-Na's character - and I don't blame Ming-Na for that.

The Bounty Boy is boring as gently caress, but I wouldn't mind if Mando brought Amy Sedaris along (with her droid pack) to be his ship's engineer/babysitter.

And... it's finally over. I cannot wait for the next one and the return of Cara Dune.

Everyone fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Dec 9, 2019

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
:lol: if this entire season is the basis for The Mandolorian assembling his elite crew for adventures in future seasons.

edit: To be clear, I would 100% watch this show for as long as they chose to make it.

withak fucked around with this message at 05:31 on Dec 9, 2019

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

withak posted:

:lol: if this entire season is the basis for The Mandolorian assembling his elite crew for adventures in future seasons.

"Mando, you son of a nerfherder...I'm in." :v:

just another
Oct 16, 2009

these dead towns that make the maps wrong now

Everyone posted:

I'm not going to cry about fan service or cheapness but this is the most tedious episode thus far. I've been watching it on and off on my laptop since yesterday afternoon and I still have ten minutes to go (including the credits, so maybe five minutes) even with Ming-Na Wen finally getting to talk. I didn't have this situation in any of the previous episode. Acting or not Gina Carano was way more compelling/interesting than Ming-Na's character - and I don't blame Ming-Na for that.

The Bounty Boy is boring as gently caress, but I wouldn't mind if Mando brought Amy Sedaris along (with her droid pack) to be his ship's engineer/babysitter.

And... it's finally over. I cannot wait for the next one and the return of Cara Dune.

Whoever called it a latter day Xena/Hercules nailed it on the head.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

BIG HEADLINE posted:

"Mando, you son of a nerfherder bantha ...I'm in." :v:

Ftfy

"Have the Guild got you pushing pucks?"

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

just another posted:

Whoever called it a latter day Xena/Hercules nailed it on the head.

It's a Xena, Star Wars, Stargate, spaghetti western hybrid with a main character who sets his phaser to "obliterate" yet isn't a psychopath. There is much to enjoy.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Potential spoilers for the end of the season; that new Galaxy's Edge attraction has a few Mandalorian references in it, including, as someone pointed out, something that might end up being his insignia on the left there.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Awwwwwww that’s loving super cute and cool

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Bust Rodd posted:

Awwwwwww that’s loving super cute and cool

I can't wait until they start selling you custom mando armor for $500 a session. Bring your beskar here to get forged, yeah we take amex.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Elephanthead posted:

I can't wait until they start selling you custom mando armor for $500 a session. Bring your beskar here to get forged, yeah we take amex.

For $100 more you can get an embossed certificate proving you reserved some for the foundlings.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

This is the way.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Everyone posted:

they're(obi-wan and luke) just racist

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 days!
I saw surprisingly little Mandalorian swag at Disneyland aside from some hoodies and funkopops. Smugglers Run was pretty fun though, although I couldn't manage to nab more than two crates off the train.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Stairmaster posted:

they're(obi-wan and luke) just racist
I mean, Obi Wan does call them "sand people"...

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

Tusken raider is the racist term, imposed on them by human settlers at a location called Fort Tusken.

Sand people is their name.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Both are names imposed on them by colonizers, they call themselves [gutteral hooting noises].

E: The kid might not have liked it but a set of electrobinoculars retailing for 250 space dollars isn't a bad deal for safe passage across trackless leagues of desert. Mando is a good negotiator.

Owlbear Camus fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Dec 9, 2019