Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Ixtlilton posted:

Visual Calculus: The trajectory of the derail leads me to believe its terminus should be in 4-5 posts with 72% certainty. The bandwidth used will be around 600 mb.

I am doing right now the Visual Calculus Mega-Moment when it goes all-in with trigonometry in the Whirling's roof and unfortunately there only a bunch of these in the entire game

savant Harrier is glorious, more of those please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

dead gay comedy forums posted:

I am doing right now the Visual Calculus Mega-Moment when it goes all-in with trigonometry in the Whirling's roof and unfortunately there only a bunch of these in the entire game

savant Harrier is glorious, more of those please

HIDEOUS TIE: What am I? Shredded polyester?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Sorry, sorry! I'm so sorry everybody

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I want the soundtrack of this game on vinyl. I want a physical collectors edition so I can buy it again. I want to inundate my self with anything I can get my hands on of this game and its world.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

chaosapiant posted:

I want the soundtrack of this game on vinyl. I want a physical collectors edition so I can buy it again. I want to inundate my self with anything I can get my hands on of this game and its world.

I find myself whistling the Whirling theme all the time

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I hope they release it on tons of platforms so I can buy it on all of them like now #2 game of the decade, Stardew Valley

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

chaosapiant posted:

"Sacred and Terrible Air" is supposed to get a full English edition soon, IIRC from somewhere. That's probably what is going to be additional Disco Elysium content for a good while imo

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Epic High Five posted:

Sorry, sorry! I'm so sorry everybody

No, I'M sorry! I'm the sorriest.

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

I find myself whistling the Whirling theme all the time

You there, I'm sorry. I was a buttholecop. Far removed from a super cop and even lower than a sorrycop.

Paladin
Nov 26, 2004
You lost today, kid. But that doesn't mean you have to like it.

chaosapiant posted:

Has anyone posted this procedurally generated shower curtain yet?

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Paladin posted:

Has anyone posted this procedurally generated shower curtain yet?

Lmfao

Zero VGS
Aug 16, 2002
ASK ME ABOUT HOW HUMAN LIVES THAT MADE VIDEO GAME CONTROLLERS ARE WORTH MORE
Lipstick Apathy

Fangz posted:

Am I doing it right

Does anyone know how to make a FELD Playback theme for the Awful app?

Hip Gelatinous Cube
May 30, 2001

what up
Don't ever let anyone tell you that investing in Shivers is bad

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Hip Gelatinous Cube posted:

HARD CORE!

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

When I saw that I immediately googled to see if there was any outrage about. Considering the rest of the song its only a matter of time

Hip Gelatinous Cube
May 30, 2001

what up

mastershakeman posted:

When I saw that I immediately googled to see if there was any outrage about. Considering the rest of the song its only a matter of time

Welp, I did *not* remember the lyrics to that first verse. Yikes.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Welp, I did *not* remember the lyrics to that first verse. Yikes.

It'd be funny if that line only triggers with sufficient fascism

pogothemonkey0
Oct 13, 2005

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Warmachine posted:

CONCEPTUALIZATION: Oh, now this. THIS is art.

DRAMA: Disco infeeeeerrrrno.

8/10 - Needs more Pissf****t.

It's pretty amazing how the greatest moments of this game are so subtle. Getting in the tiny boat for the final leg of your journey with your boy Kim and then the music kicks in :discourse:. Other people have mentioned it too but watching the ice melt around the car with Kim is such a great moment.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Any updates yet from ZA/UM on patches/updates for Disco? I'm particularly interested in Ultra Wide.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Smile, Citizen! Happiness is Mandatory.

Fun(?) fact about Shivers I noticed taking notes for this pointless essay I'm working on: she's female. From the church dance scene: "(Shivers) I AM LA REVACHOLIERE." And later, "(Reaction Speed) She’s speaking fast because she is afraid". I always talk about "my boy Shivers" but it should be "my girl Shivers."

chaosapiant posted:

Any updates yet from ZA/UM on patches/updates for Disco? I'm particularly interested in Ultra Wide.

Haven't heard anything yet but also eagerly awaiting ultra wide resolution, though I'm not totally sure I can conceive of what this game would look like if it were prettier.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Anthropomorphic cities are usually referred to as female. At least in English.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Digital Osmosis posted:

Fun(?) fact about Shivers I noticed taking notes for this pointless essay I'm working on: she's female

and she gives plenty of fucks about her chosen, too

Klaasje is one of them.

Neuronyx
Dec 8, 2016

Just when I thought the game couldn't get better. :haw:

E: Gendered skills? Interesting. Why? How? I'm intrigued regardless.

Neuronyx fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 9, 2019

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I revisited the tie thing and came up with this. Color pattern on both sides.
It had to be stretched a little so it may come out blurred. Purchase at your own risk.

I have never used this site. I don't know if their products are of high quality.

itry fucked around with this message at 19:39 on Dec 9, 2019

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

Neuronyx posted:

E: Gendered skills? Interesting. Why? How? I'm intrigued regardless.

I think it's two things. One is that anthropomorphized nations and cities are often female: Columbia, Britannia, Marianne. The other is to emphasize (church spoilers) that Shivers is the one skill that puts you in contact with an entity that exists outside of your mind. It's the only paranatural skill, in that it sometimes lets you talk to the genius loci of Revachol. The other skills are fragments of Harry's mind, and thus probably coded male (Coach Physical Instruments is the one that comes to mind the most here.) Shivers being feminine underlines that she's fundamentally different from the other skills.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

itry posted:

I revisited the tie thing and came up with this. Color pattern on both sides.
It had to be stretched a little so it may come out blurred. Purchase at your own risk.

I have never used this site. I don't know if their products are of high quality.

It feels like it would be wrong for the tie to be 'high quality' anyway.

It may be the best, but it is not 'high quality'.

Digital Osmosis
Nov 10, 2002

it's a high quality *friend.*

speaking of the tie, anyone know why Inland Empire tries to warn you off from it in the opening scene in the hotel room? I feel like the tie offers less idiotic ideas than say, suggestion, and it definitely has your back when it counts.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Digital Osmosis posted:

it's a high quality *friend.*

speaking of the tie, anyone know why Inland Empire tries to warn you off from it in the opening scene in the hotel room? I feel like the tie offers less idiotic ideas than say, suggestion, and it definitely has your back when it counts.

Inland Empire being your imagination, it can also be a manifestation of unreasonable anxiety sometimes. Especially when the danger might be imaginary.

Also Empire's just worried you'll end up like the source of The Expression. Poor Guillaume.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Inland Empire ultimately has some real truth with what it says, its just gets muddled because IE is really scatterbrained and rather cowardly.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Dec 9, 2019

Infinite Karma
Oct 23, 2004
Good as dead

Inland Empire has some cowardly warnings, but I think most of them are trying to avoid finding out about/remembering Dora.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

things I really wanna know, #3: is Dolores Dei an extradimensional being or something

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

things I really wanna know, #3: is Dolores Dei an extradimensional being or something

She's an Innocence, which is maybe a supernatural thing or maybe just a bunch of pseudo-historical mythologizing. It's not entirely clear.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

itry posted:

Anthropomorphic cities are usually referred to as female. At least in English.

Yeah I'm not sure Shivers is female, but Shivers let's you hear the city which is female.

DropsySufferer
Nov 9, 2008

Impractical practicality

I believe in Occam's razor so she was probably an incredibly exceptional person. Unless the writers says otherwise.

Thinking about it there is really no analogue for Dolores Dei in the real world that I can think of.

Earth's existing religions don't come close. There's nothing similar, it would be like if a great religious figure popped up in Europe in 1600 and was able to become emperor of the whole continent but also worshiped like Jesus or Mohammad. Even more impressive was to leave a system that lasted for hundreds of years and still exists present day. To be worshiped for 400 years that is an extremely powerful legacy.

The background lore for this game is amazing. That is how you build you a world, this could have been a basic detective game but adding touches like this makes it something far greater.

NewMars
Mar 10, 2013

DropsySufferer posted:

I believe in Occam's razor so she was probably an incredibly exceptional person. Unless the writers says otherwise.

Thinking about it there is really no analogue for Dolores Dei in the real world that I can think of.

Earth's existing religions don't come close. There's nothing similar, it would be like if a great religious figure popped up in Europe in 1600 and was able to become emperor of the whole continent but also worshiped like Jesus or Mohammad. Even more impressive was to leave a system that lasted for hundreds of years and still exists present day. To be worshiped for 400 years that is an extremely powerful legacy.

The background lore for this game is amazing. That is how you build you a world, this could have been a basic detective game but adding touches like this makes it something far greater.

She had glowing lungs. She was not normal.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

NewMars posted:

She had glowing lungs. She was not normal.

Lots of people have reported seeing supernatural phenomena in the real world, too, doesn't necessarily make them accurate or correct.

But the fact that it's ambiguous and that in a world with The Pale and all you can't really tell is what makes it cool.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Night10194 posted:

Lots of people have reported seeing supernatural phenomena in the real world, too, doesn't necessarily make them accurate or correct.

But the fact that it's ambiguous and that in a world with The Pale and all you can't really tell is what makes it cool.

The existence of The Pale makes things just weird enough that I'm not sure whether supranormal things are real or imagined at any one time. The Phasmid sorta tips the scale in the weird direction, but at the same time it could just be your standard weird insect thing.

Do I have a very active and lucky imagination, or do I actually have some sort of mystic insight into things? Who knows! But the rest of the world thinks I'm nuts unorthodox!

Timespy
Jul 6, 2013

No bond but to do just ones

I took the glowing lungs to be a direct parallel to https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Heart
Like, if you see a painting of Jesus in a catholic church with a glowing heart, you don't think twice about it, cuz that's just how it is.

Whereas an alien could find it strange that this (apparently) human has a glowing blood pumping muscle in his chest, when muscles don't usually glow.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Warmachine posted:

The existence of The Pale makes things just weird enough that I'm not sure whether supranormal things are real or imagined at any one time. The Phasmid sorta tips the scale in the weird direction, but at the same time it could just be your standard weird insect thing.

Do I have a very active and lucky imagination, or do I actually have some sort of mystic insight into things? Who knows! But the rest of the world thinks I'm nuts unorthodox!

I totally believe in the Phasmid.

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

Dolores Dei was just another oppressor of the working class, wake up sheeps

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

HerraS posted:

Dolores Dei was just another oppressor of the working class, wake up sheeps

oh this most def, but I like how she apparently pushed the envelope so hard that her own guards shot her down