Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Orb queen made a good tweet.

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1203915474335084545

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

That's quite a load you got in them diapers

PhazonLink posted:

its always about projections

:wink:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I had to read the replies because I knew there was 0 possibility that this was actually true and wanted to understand the joke. Turns out it wasn't a joke, she's just impossibly credulous.

Edit: aaaaand deleted.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

PhazonLink posted:

its always about projections

An A+ stealth pun :golfclap:

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

Welp, she already deleted it lol.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

already gone. What was it?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Probably something that could be slipped into Death Stranding without anyone noticing.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Amazing Zimmo posted:

Marianne was very concerned about a lovely parody news article about Trump pardoning Charles Manson.

Wiltsghost
Mar 27, 2011

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1203919796502499328

I didn't realize she actually believed it. wtf

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

I won't lie, I had to double-check to make sure that I didn't miss hearing about it.

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

nine-gear crow posted:

Probably something that could be slipped into Death Stranding without anyone noticing.

yep

https://twitter.com/marwilliamson/status/1203921142010073089

Edit: holy poo poo she deleted the apology now as well

Amazing Zimmo fucked around with this message at 07:27 on Dec 9, 2019

Canned Sunshine
Nov 20, 2005

CAUTION: POST QUALITY UNDER CONSTRUCTION

FlamingLiberal posted:

whereas the US only has some desert in the Southwest.

Where we still cram several million into.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Shinji2015 posted:

I won't lie, I had to double-check to make sure that I didn't miss hearing about it.

yeah i really briefly entertained the thought that it really had happened but if you're a psychotic mass murderer you also have to be An Troop to get a pardon from Big Chief

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

DC Murderverse posted:

yeah i really briefly entertained the thought that it really had happened but if you're a psychotic mass murderer you also have to be An Troop to get a pardon from Big Chief

Not only a pardon but told to go and commit more war crimes

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1203903346324709376

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006
the astral plane demands her full attentions- we cannot expect her to sully her chakras with the emanations of this vale of sorrow

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

If only Fox News host Pete Hegseth had a platform on which to share this information...

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/1203817600909742080

Amazing Zimmo
Jan 27, 2006

https://twitter.com/DevinNunes/status/1203855093961019394

Sounds like a threat to me

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Mr Hootington posted:

Back in my day groups of Saudis flew planes into buildings. None of this ever day mass shooting poo poo.

So... Boomer terrorists were more successful than zoomer terrorists?

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

DC Murderverse posted:

His main plan was for an apocalyptic race war though, so I'm sure Stephen Miller would try to sell Trump on that.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

Zotix posted:

So... Boomer terrorists were more successful than zoomer terrorists?

Mohamed Atta & Co were actually members of Generation X, so of course you conveniently overlooked that fact.

We're so hard up for recognition that we'll even brag about terrorists. :smith:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Brave New World posted:

Mohamed Atta & Co were actually members of Generation X, so of course you conveniently overlooked that fact.

T. Bombastus
Feb 18, 2013

Brave New World posted:

For the purposes of discourse, Gen X are Boomers now. Gen Z are millennials but only when they are bad. Please update your meaningless generational boundaries accordingly.

Sailor Jim
Apr 1, 2010

empty whippet box posted:

Hattiesburg goon here, hello. This place sucks, everyone is Republican

McComb, for me! My family and most of the folks I know down there are incredibly indoctrinated into Fox News propaganda and racist Deep South culture. If I asked him, my uncle would proudly say right now that “the Soith will rise again!!!!!” One of the saddest family moments I have had in recent decades was hearing my then 10 year old brother yell the N-word at a black man that passed by on a 4-wheeler. My mom regularly tries to get me on the anti-vax bandwagon, tells me any climate change is “cyclical” so I should worry about it, and attributes most of society’s problems to blacks, Hillary Clinton, or modern medicine (vaccines, really).

I moved to New Orleans in 2010 and have been in Pittsburgh, PA for the past 1.5 years, and I’ve been astounded by the number of confederate flags in the areas surrounding the city. Pittsburgh is solidly blue, but the edges are a really weird mix.

No clue what would fix any of this, so I just left!

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

Amazing Zimmo posted:

https://twitter.com/ParkerMolloy/status/1203922316834615296

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010
Anyone could a subscription that can post this chart?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1203957211061338113

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Charlz Guybon posted:

Anyone could a subscription that can post this chart?

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1203957211061338113

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
It’s very hard to pull up our bootstraps without knowing what the hell a bootstrap is you know.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

VitalSigns posted:

One of my friends came here because he risked getting arrested for criticizing the Kingdom, and he's trying to stay here any way he can because he'll probably be in prison if he goes back. He'll never see his family again, but I'll let him know how wealthy and privileged he is I'm sure it will come as a huge relief!

I'll let him know he's probably a rapist too.

as I/P ate a probe over that humdinger of a post, move on from this

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Brave New World posted:

I'm quite content to stay silent and let the boomers get owned by millenials

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

I’m not sure old people are thinking this through. Who are they expecting to take care of them? It sure as poo poo isn’t me.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Three year legal battle by the Post to obtain internal interviews from over 400 people involved in the war in afghanistan

they finally FOI'd it all

it's not great, folks

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1203998904121004033?s=20

Spans all three administrations.

funeral home DJ
Apr 21, 2003

Pillbug
I’m going to assume the dip in the chart shows that GenX was in their mid-to-late 30’s when the Great Recession happened, which makes it extra funny when you compare to the boomer graph because they have no major dip around the same time, implying that they stole the money from GenX.

...actually I bet someone will pull up an article now showing a huge wealth transfer to the old and rich back in 2007-2008, won’t they? :negative:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Rand Paul is....*checks notes*...correct? That's uncomfortable.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

FizFashizzle posted:

Three year legal battle by the Post to obtain internal interviews from over 400 people involved in the war in afghanistan

they finally FOI'd it all

it's not great, folks

https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1203998904121004033?s=20

Spans all three administrations.

So far it’s mostly Vietnam mistakes all over again but dumber. I am sure their is a westmorland type bullshit here too.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

I’m going to assume the dip in the chart shows that GenX was in their mid-to-late 30’s when the Great Recession happened, which makes it extra funny when you compare to the boomer graph because they have no major dip around the same time, implying that they stole the money from GenX.

...actually I bet someone will pull up an article now showing a huge wealth transfer to the old and rich back in 2007-2008, won’t they? :negative:

I don't have charts but generally, yes, that's what happens. Massive market dysfunction like that fucks over the lower end while the high end rides it out with their reserves and at the same time snatching up assets for cheap that can then be used to make even more profit. See also, the rates of rental vs home ownership and, anecdotally at least, the impossibility of buying a house unless you have cash on hand because if you don't a wealthy investor somewhere does.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Amazing Zimmo posted:

This is true but the size of the country is still small.

Australia is pretty much the same size as the USA and somehow you guys cram in 330+ million compared to our 25 million.

330 million people and the best the US could come up with for president was Trump.

This is such a nonsensical bunch of comparisons. If Australia was located between Russia and Poland then yes, I would agree that Oz was the more important partner to US foreign policy in Eastern Europe.

British Isles are also way bigger than Gibraltar, so I suppose that old rock is totally unimportant to the UK.

Inferior Third Season
Jan 15, 2005

This looks like in 2019 that boomers have about 57% of the wealth, gen X has about 17%, and millennials have about 4%. Who has the other 22%?

Taerkar
Dec 7, 2002

kind of into it, really

HONG KONG SLUMLORD posted:

That would be where the Gen X wealth takes a hard dive, yes. Boomers go down slightly at the same time. Which probably means the Silent generation is the only one that gained since it's a share. The millennials sure didn't get that wealth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Inferior Third Season posted:

This looks like in 2019 that boomers have about 57% of the wealth, gen X has about 17%, and millennials have about 4%. Who has the other 22%?

leftover silents, greatest gen, zoomer tik tok stars.