Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

site posted:

what the gently caress is marvel even doing with that character

wait did you think all the stuff after the page break wasn't just a gag lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Alaois posted:

...it's X-Men. None of that was a non-zero chance of being canon.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Open Marriage Night posted:

Everything after that page break is just a joke.

You guys should be reading Marauders. Captain Kate Pryde is great, and Sebastian Shaw is actually interesting.

That's the problem with X-Men, you can tell me any hosed up thing and I'll have no way of knowing if you're joking.

Marauders is great though.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

ImpAtom posted:

I don't even know if you're joking about this.

You will have regrets.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Hell most of those gags are riffs from actual plots.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Alaois posted:

Scott Summers currently lives with his wife and his wife's boyfriend in adjoining rooms.

Edit: On the moon.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Skwirl posted:

Scott Summers currently lives with his wife and his wife's boyfriend in adjoining rooms.

i mean i thought Kitty going from a young adult to looking middle-aged by the end would have been a giveaway

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Toshimo posted:

You will have regrets.

Wow uh. That's the most "This is someone's fetish" cover I've seen since that one Heroes for Hire cover.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

ImpAtom posted:

Wow uh. That's the most "This is someone's fetish" cover I've seen since that one Heroes for Hire cover.

Which Heroes for Hire cover?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Alaois posted:

i mean i thought Kitty going from a young adult to looking middle-aged by the end would have been a giveaway

There's a poo poo ton of X-Comics that took place in the future.

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Skwirl posted:

Which Heroes for Hire cover?

Don't ask me why I know all these, please.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Alaois posted:

i dont read xmen and nothing i have heard about xmen canon made any of those panels sound out of place

Toshimo
Aug 23, 2012

He's outta line...

But he's right!

Alaois posted:

I got bad news for you, but at least it's not fetishy. You know, beyond the standard "everything is someone's fetish".

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Toshimo posted:

Don't ask me why I know all these, please.

Jesus wept.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

ImpAtom posted:

I am pretty sure Robin has outsmarted his rear end on multiple occasions.

How many Batmans have died and how many Robins have died?

Answer quickly before they retcon something

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Skwirl posted:

He's still got his girlfriend, who likes to get drinks with his wife.

He lives with his alternate reality daughter and time displaced son.

Is dad remains a space pirate.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Adventures into the Unknown #11 (1950)

Spidey Super Stories #9 (1975)

X-Statix #19 (2004)

Chew: Warrior Chicken Poyo #1 (2014)

The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #6 (2016)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Red posted:

Do you count resurrections? Because if so Batman by like a billion thanks to Emperor Joker. If you don't then none of them.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Darthemed posted:

Spidey Super Stories #9 (1975)

Ok but who's the gorilla?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Red posted:

I think it's still one each, and they got better.

Edit: two Robins, I forgot about Stephanie Brown, but so does DC most of the time.

Air Skwirl fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Dec 7, 2019

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

site posted:

what the gently caress is marvel even doing with that character

You know, if you slapped any character in the mainstream MU into that kind of a comic--here are the last 15 years or so of my comics, presented bluntly and quickly for purposes of self-parody--it'd look about as silly.

It's less a Kate problem and more an issue of the weird post-Quesada era where the status quo changed dramatically every eighteen months.

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Darthemed posted:

Chew: Warrior Chicken Poyo #1 (2014)

This stupid joke gets me every time they use it.

edit:

From Black Cat #4 by Jed McKay, Travel Foreman, Brian Reber and Ferran Delgado. Editor: Nick Lowe).

Vincent fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Dec 8, 2019

Vincent
Nov 25, 2005

Boy did this age poorly

(Sex Criminals #8 by Fraction, Zdarsky and Kinzie)

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Denji is a guy who has merged his body with that of the chainsaw demon, giving him the ability to create chainsaws from his hands and head. (the guy with a shark head is another person who is merged with a demon)
(read right to left)

Denji is also kind of stupid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Don't post 5 pages of a comic I have to read backwards from every thing else I've ever read in my native language in a thread about funny panels

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Well I for one liked seeing a guy with a chainsaw head wrangle a six-eyed flying shark. That splash page was really cool.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Don't post 5 pages of a comic I have to read backwards from every thing else I've ever read in my native language in a thread about funny panels

Sorry about that subtle underlying case of racism you've got there mate.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Sorry about wanting to read things left to right on an english language forum. I can deal with a page or two, but 5?

Just loving post some hilarious comic in portuguese and call me racist when I complain about not being able to read it.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

isn't there an entire subforum you can gently caress off to to post abouit anime?

and your monkey cheese happens-to-be-Japanese can loving stay there please

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Infinitum posted:

it's not racism to dislike garbage comics. Plenty of Actual People from Japan Also Dislike Garbage Comics, For the Record

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

To ward off inevitable assholes: Trigun might be the best cartoon ever made, I've read hundreds of issues of Naruto and Bleach and didn't feel bad about it, and whatever the gently caress that was is Monkey Cheese Garbage and it's not A Racism to point that out, gently caress right off.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Infinitum posted:

if you don't think this is the best four panel comic ever made, that's a racism:

(because it reads left to right, you see)

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Archyduchess posted:

That splash page was really cool.

Really all you need. No context necessary. It's a chainsaw dude riding a shark. Which, if it had only been described to me, is something I would've initially guessed to have come from some surreal western indy comic.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Honestly, you shouldn't post five pages of anything in this thread. If you need five pages of context for the funny it's just not that funny. If all five pages are funny post the funniest page and encourage people to buy the comic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I wasn't going to complain because some people do like that stuff and it is a comic, but yeah I skip it because I do find it annoying to get a few into it, go 'this makes even less sense than normal', remember it's flipped, go back, try to read in a direction opposite to the way my brain has spent its life programming me to read, and give up because it's just not worth the bother, reading direction is surprisingly entrenched into how things operate. How come they don't just flip them horizontally when they translate? (Is it a subs vs dubs style argument?)

Also way too long.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FFT posted:

if you don't think this is the best four panel comic ever made, that's a racism:

(because it reads left to right, you see)

That was almost certainly stolen from a Gail Simone comic featuring King Shark.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

Really all you need. No context necessary. It's a chainsaw dude riding a shark. Which, if it had only been described to me, is something I would've initially guessed to have come from some surreal western indy comic.

and chainsaw head riding shark is one panel

it's badass, so this is the wrong thread. Nothing about it is funny except that the shark is dumb and that is probably not the shark's fault.

everything would be fine if just the badass whole-page panel of chainsaw head riding idiot shark had been posted in the BSS Badass Panels Thread

and none of the rest, because wow it's a bad look

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Skwirl posted:

That was almost certainly stolen from a Gail Simone comic featuring King Shark.

Sure, and this was the first time "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" was ever spoken or written:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEYViV8p-Ow

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

FFT posted:

Sure, and this was the first time "I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!" was ever spoken or written:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEYViV8p-Ow

What? Are you claiming Gail Simone ripped off a random web comic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Referenced? What year was Gail Simone's "IIIIIII'M A SHARK" because i am having a hell of a time trying to look it up

"suck my dick / i'm a shark" was 2006, for the record