Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

One of my best friends is in tears because of this poo poo:

https://twitter.com/thetimes/status/1203922486968147969

She's been here for decades. gently caress these people.

Tesseraction posted:

Hey this is a pretty good post by r-- *spit-takes, pops monocle* who are you and what have you done with the real radmonger

:same:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

Tesseraction posted:

Oh yeah, the article is one the level, it's just quite a headline to read. Like Labour was planning a guillotine lottery every week.

You could make it into a reality game show like I'm a celebrity. Maybe Owl Fancier would like that one.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Mega Comrade posted:

You could make it into a reality game show like I'm a celebrity. Maybe Owl Fancier would like that one.

:getin:

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

I'm a non-domicile, get me out of head.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

As someone in my twitter mentions when I called this blood and soil said: he's going to print it out and rub it in the face of any Tory coming to his door to persuade him to vote Labour. He's an EU citizen and is loving enraged at being spoken of like this.

e: https://twitter.com/KainKravitch/status/1203969237678776321

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

amazing

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Man born in New York and educated in Belgium says migrants are not welcome here.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

can't believe Hamas got to him first

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I really do wish we could deport boris back to the US.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

We all knew the tories would go negative in the last week but I didn’t think they would go mask-off fash

Honestly though, how well does that play? I would imagine that more people on the fence would be turned off than enthused

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

:same:

This is all the Tories have. My deepest sympathy to those affected by this kind of poo poo, but we're gonna root it out ASAP :sigh:

Boris and his band of cunts are terrified and desperate, so they're going to get as disgusting as they know how to be. But it's not going to work.

Huge hugs and lots of love to everyone :glomp:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Jel Shaker posted:

We all knew the tories would go negative in the last week but I didn’t think they would go mask-off fash

Honestly though, how well does that play? I would imagine that more people on the fence would be turned off than enthused

I don't put much faith in tories growing a conscience.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

https://twitter.com/sineadactually/status/1203982188724867072

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Jel Shaker posted:

Indicates that they're worried about their base turning out more than convincing swing voters imo

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.
I don't know whether it's a mistake to feel any hope for the tories not winning this week and continuing their unabashed policy of national managed decline.

Just make the politics stop, make it all stop, please.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
I don't give a poo poo if other peoples dreams are dull, last night I dreamed Michael Gove turned up for an interview on BBC News in blackface, and when called on it he pulled out a Labour Party membership card and demanded he be allowed on to debate Boris Johnson. Need to stop reading Twitter in bed, I think.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

w0o0o0o posted:

I don't know whether it's a mistake to feel any hope for the tories not winning this week and continuing their unabashed policy of national managed decline.

you will be locked in the hyperbolic time chamber that we've rewired to just be a constant election cycle with no voting day

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I don't give a poo poo if other peoples dreams are dull, last night I dreamed Michael Gove turned up for an interview on BBC News in blackface, and when called on it he pulled out a Labour Party membership card and demanded he be allowed on to debate Boris Johnson. Need to stop reading Twitter in bed, I think.

lmao

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

w0o0o0o posted:

https://twitter.com/joejglenton/status/1065623179572453376

This is politics I can believe in.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

I've seen this explained away by saying that being a backbencher allowed him to hide it. Apparently the media only bothers to investigate the bigotry of party leaders.

And also

quote:

Conservative anti-Semitism: the strange case of Boris Johnson, Richard Spencer and Gavin McInnes

An exploration into Boris Johnson's editorship of The Spectator magazine, and some of the Spectator columnist Taki's connections.

“The Jewish lobby in America has stifled debate.” - “Taki”, Spectator columnist

“Little loving kikes. They get ruled by people like me.” - Richard Spencer, former executive editor of Taki’s Magazine

“The Jews have this real hatred for white males.” - Gavin McInnnes, Taki’s Magazine columnist

Johnson edited The Spectator from 1999 to 2005. Throughout this time, and indeed up to the present day, the magazine employed the notoriously racist and anti-Semitic commentator Taki Theodoracopulos, better known as just “Taki”. At the time Johnson took over, Taki was already known for anti-Semitic and pro-nazi attitudes, such as a 1997 piece in defence of the revisionist historian Ernst Nolte, first published in the Spectator and later republished by a number of Holocaust denial outfits, which argued that “so much opprobrium has come to be attached to almost every aspect of the German past that it is impossible to say anything good about it without being condemned as a Nazi sympathizer. Nonetheless, it is hard not to conclude that the Germany of the past was vastly superior to [that of today]... the constant harping on about the Germans seems to be motivated by profit.” Another column, also from 1997, complained that “The younger generation of Jews who control [Hollywood] now think that there's more money to be made by dumbing down.”

If he wanted to, if he felt that those sorts of comments were unacceptable, Johnson could have fired Taki immediately after taking over The Spectator, but he chose not to. There is absolutely no question that Johnson was aware of Taki’s bigoted attitudes, as in a friendly interview from 1999, he was asked about Taki’s racism and admitted “you're right, on the whole, I'm not mad for that stuff.” Despite being “not mad for” such overt racism, he continued to employ Taki throughout his time at The Spectator.

In 2001, in the middle of Johnson's time as Spectator editor, Taki wrote an anti-Semitic column so extreme that it prompted Conrad Black, owner of The Spectator and not someone who could be accused of an unfair bias against the publication, to complain that "In both its venomous character and its unfathomable absurdity, this farrago of lies is almost worthy of Goebbels or the authors of the Protocols of the Elders of Zion... [Taki] presents the universal Jewish ethos as brutish, vulgar, grasping and cunningly wicked." Some people, on being publicly warned by their boss that they were publishing anti-Semitic material reminscent of Goebbels, might wish to change course, but Boris Johnson chose to continue publishing Taki's columns after this incident.

Since his time as an employee of Boris Johnson, Taki has continued to express the same anti-Semitic attitudes over and over again, writing that “The Jewish lobby in America has stifled debate” and that “rich American Jews... encourage unacceptable and brutal behaviour against innocents”, penning a defence of Greece’s neo-nazi Golden Dawn party, and more recently writing a column about “the heroism of the German soldiers” fighting in WWII that was originally titled “In Praise of the Wehrmacht.”

There's rather more to the article, if you want to go have a look.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

OwlFancier posted:

I really do wish we could deport boris back to the US.

well given home office precedent we can strip him of his UK citizenship because he might be able to claim us citizenship again

if they don't want him we can always compromise and deport him to the middle of the Atlantic

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Braggart posted:

I've seen this explained away by saying that being a backbencher allowed him to hide it. Apparently the media only bothers to investigate the bigotry of party leaders.

And also

There's rather more to the article, if you want to go have a look.

What's funny here is that LibCom doesn't support Corbyn because he's too right-wing for them.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ThomasPaine posted:

E: is bristol relatively left wing? we got some very sceptical looks loudly talking about labour and Marx and Corbyn in the pub, but maybe I imagined it with not feeling 100% comfortable in the city yet

Bristol is about as left-wing as you can get in this country although there are still pockets, particularly around Southmead and Knowle. I have been chatting poo poo about Labour and Corbyn in pubs in this city so many times and no one's ever had any issues. Either you got unlucky with your neighbours or you're emphasising it.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

XMNN posted:

well given home office precedent we can strip him of his UK citizenship because he might be able to claim us citizenship again

if they don't want him we can always compromise and deport him to the middle of the Atlantic

Deport Priti Patel and Sajid Javid on the "do unto others what you would want others to do unto you" rule.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Rarity posted:

Bristol is about as left-wing as you can get in this country

*coughs loudly and taps on Liverpool*

w0o0o0o
Aug 26, 2007
bloop.

Tesseraction posted:

you will be locked in the hyperbolic time chamber that we've rewired to just be a constant election cycle with no voting day

Nooooooo

Tesseraction posted:

Deport Priti Patel and Sajid Javid on the "do unto others what you would want others to do unto you" rule.

Good luck reaching them after they've pulled the ladder up

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
I can't help feeling like the I've not seen the tories holding the public in this much obvious disdain since 1997. Yeah, I know what era that ushered in. But still. Little memories retriggering like fireworks going off, and then I see footage of coppers hurrying Johnson out of the range of the boos and the thrown food, Corbyn coming out to crowds chanting like they're seeing a rock star...

My tired brain wants to hold on to a layer of scepticism and cynicism, focus on the bad polls and the worse headlines in the poo poo-rags, but it's grasping at smoke. Thread, I have hope and I can't help it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1204018593656180736

He really does fall to pieces the moment someone takes him away from his pre-prepared lines.

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
How do you share a video from twitter to facebook?

I'm trying to post a Rob Delaney tweeted momentum video to facebook (on the assumption that, hey, maybe some of my aunts and uncles will see it)

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

goddamnedtwisto posted:

He really does fall to pieces the moment someone takes him away from his pre-prepared lines.

Dead eyed sweaty Putty Patrol looking mother fucker

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

XMNN posted:

Rockall. It's perfect: a British possession in the Northern Atlantic so he can spend his time harrumphing about are sovereignty while subsisting on gannet poo poo and trying not to be swept into the sea. Rockall is mentioned on the Shipping Forecast, so we could have occasional updates on his misery.

And as Wikipedia says:

quote:

It is claimed by the United Kingdom as its territory. This claim is not recognised by its neighbours.

So Bozza can be Are Noble Defender. It can be his new life's work.

Bonus! The islet is uninhabited, so he can be sure of never adding to his uncertain tally of offspring.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Braggart posted:

Bonus! The islet is uninhabited, so he can be sure of never adding to his uncertain tally of offspring.

As if he wouldn't try to gently caress the fish.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I bumped into Michael Gove at a services on the M3 a little while ago. I just sort of stood there staring, dumbfounded that it was actually him, when he clocked me looking his way he quickly picked up pace to his car.
I like the idea that Gove gets spooked the second he realises anyone has recognised him.

Filboid Studge
Oct 1, 2010
And while they debated the matter among themselves, Conradin made himself another piece of toast.

jackhunter64 posted:

Why was there not a whole scene of “Prime Minister, that’s my phone. Prime Minister, why have you taken my phone? Help! Police!”

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

jackhunter64 posted:

I won't have the loyal henchmen of Rita Repulsa insulted like this :mad:

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

I had high hopes for those forklifts

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

As if he wouldn't try to gently caress the fish.

Michael Gove's origin story finally revealed.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

goddamnedtwisto posted:

lol at the interviewer calling him out for pocketing the phone

like to imagine Corbyn being asked about the boy too

"Mr Corbyn, have you seen the photo of the b--"

"Yes I have, it was appalling and I immediately contacted the family, who I have right here"

[boy walks out from behind shelving unit with his ma and da wielding unimpressed faces]

"Our NHS is in a crisis of the Tories' making"

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Time is slowing down for me as we near the election and I'm starting to lose my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Same. I had a sleepless night worrying about poo poo and that's not happened for years.