Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Little vid of John McDonnell talking to a billionaire

I'm in a safe Labour seat and I have my ICI test this Wednesday before my PTS test next week so a lot of the election is passing me by at the moment.

EDIT: 128. The number of glorious years of Labour rule this election will usher in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

Isomermaid posted:

I can't help feeling like the I've not seen the tories holding the public in this much obvious disdain since 1997. Yeah, I know what era that ushered in. But still. Little memories retriggering like fireworks going off, and then I see footage of coppers hurrying Johnson out of the range of the boos and the thrown food, Corbyn coming out to crowds chanting like they're seeing a rock star...

My tired brain wants to hold on to a layer of scepticism and cynicism, focus on the bad polls and the worse headlines in the poo poo-rags, but it's grasping at smoke. Thread, I have hope and I can't help it.

There are only a few days until we know what the future holds. I think the best thing to do now is to just try to muddle through until then. I have hope, but no one can be certain.

We can be your support group safespace hugbox, peeps! :glomp:

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Thanks for the advice on handling this lad with autism/anxiety. Braggart your rundown of dos and don'ts is hugely helpful, thank you.

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://twitter.com/britainelects/status/1204013334674202627

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

https://twitter.com/sineadactually/status/1203982188724867072?s=19

I swear to God, if this poo poo doesn't end in a Labour landslide on Thursday night I will utterly despair the state of this rainy fascist island

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

ughhhh https://twitter.com/rowenamason/status/1204013588333117440

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

goddamnedtwisto posted:

https://twitter.com/joepike/status/1204018593656180736

He really does fall to pieces the moment someone takes him away from his pre-prepared lines.

gently caress me, the beginning there is like Boris is feeling the last vestiges of his humanity crying out and knows he can't look at the picture or he'll be unable to stomp it all the way back down like he normally does.

And the rest of it is a shocking yet hilarious car crash. He stole the phone? I hadn't even thought of that for a satirical piece :D

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Azza Bamboo posted:

Time is slowing down for me as we near the election and I'm starting to lose my mind.

I've got 36 hours of work between now and polls closing and all I want to do is sleep through it (with a short break to cast my lot for Labour).

Weather looks poo poo too. It's not icy but only because the of the rain bringing the temperature up. Please urge every lazy bastard you know to get out and get wet for a Labour majority! (I'm sure several posters here already are :wink:)

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Sanford posted:

Thanks for the advice on handling this lad with autism/anxiety. Braggart your rundown of dos and don'ts is hugely helpful, thank you.

You're very welcome, and best of luck being your helpful self :)

Actually I think I'm gonna keep that rundown for ease of explaining things to people in future.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Mega Comrade posted:

I bumped into Michael Gove at a services on the M3 a little while ago.
Extremely disappointed that this isn't from the poster with the Chieveley services red text

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009
I'm going to keep myself calm with displacement activities. Making myself go out of my mind with worry helps no-one and just makes me miserable.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

That'll be the prick I heard on the radio this morning roaring with laughter about how ridiculous it was that billionaires shouldn't exist and how they'd all leave the country, then.

loving christ.

CoolCab
Apr 17, 2005

glem

TACD posted:

Extremely disappointed that this isn't from the poster with the Chieveley services red text

haha

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bessantj posted:

Little vid of John McDonnell talking to a billionaire

I'm in a safe Labour seat and I have my ICI test this Wednesday before my PTS test next week so a lot of the election is passing me by at the moment.

EDIT: 128. The number of glorious years of Labour rule this election will usher in.

I don't think John is very good in that tbh.

Because all the rear end in a top hat is saying is he won't get out of bed for less than a billion pounds. But the rest of us do. The rest of us don't have a choice, a lot of the rest of us are using food banks because there is such a fundamental divide between him and us. I don't think there's any value or ground to be found in saying you're not being divisive, you are, because there is a divide. He is showing you that, make him admit it openly.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
Probs too late for this election but imo we should be doing far more bullying and intimidation of tories, like nice you've done your postal vote, on polling day why not volunteer at the conservative association to give lifts to racist rural Yorkshire oaps then just drop them in the middle of Bradford lol

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think John is very good in that tbh.

Because all the rear end in a top hat is saying is he won't get out of bed for less than a billion pounds. But the rest of us do. The rest of us don't have a choice, a lot of the rest of us are using food banks because there is such a fundamental divide between him and us. I don't think there's any value or ground to be found in saying you're not being divisive, you are, because there is a divide. He is showing you that, make him admit it openly.

tbf it's been edited heavily so for all we know it's cut out the bit where Big John pulled out a guillotine and said "LISTEN YOU SNIVELLING LITTLE poo poo,"

Venomous
Nov 7, 2011

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

That'll be the prick I heard on the radio this morning roaring with laughter about how ridiculous it was that billionaires shouldn't exist and how they'd all leave the country, then.

loving christ.

divorce rates rise under Labour as billionaires leave their families en masse and move to Mozambique because they don't have to pay taxes there

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

ThomasPaine posted:

is just the absolute most perfect description of a fashy, slurring pub weirdo lol

E: is bristol relatively left wing? we got some very sceptical looks loudly talking about labour and Marx and Corbyn in the pub, but maybe I imagined it with not feeling 100% comfortable in the city yet

It might be the loudness that was getting you the funny looks rather than the content.
One of my friends has a voice like a foghorn that gets worse after a drink. We're always getting filthy looks from others and trying to get her to lower the volume.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1204031434576605185

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

It's "let slip" not "unleash." He can't even quote Shakepeare properly ffs, what's that Eton education for?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

It might be the loudness that was getting you the funny looks rather than the content.
One of my friends has a voice like a foghorn that gets worse after a drink. We're always getting filthy looks from others and trying to get her to lower the volume.

Oh no it only seemed to be one couple who cared and they were very very old so I'm guessing just Tory boomers. They didn't say anything just shot us daggers then got up and left lol

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Tesseraction posted:

lol at the interviewer calling him out for pocketing the phone

like to imagine Corbyn being asked about the boy too

"Mr Corbyn, have you seen the photo of the b--"

"Yes I have, it was appalling and I immediately contacted the family, who I have right here"

[boy walks out from behind shelving unit with his ma and da wielding unimpressed faces]

"Our NHS is in a crisis of the Tories' making"

Laura K "Corbyn is a labour activist"

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Gove's odour becomes more intense as the day of summoning draws nigh.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Well, the only mountainous setting we got is the Highlands, and I don't see the last of the Tories holing up there, soo...

...gonna be a climactic duel with the last Grand Master of the Orange Order atop Ben Nevis?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Well, the only mountainous setting we got is the Highlands, and I don't see the last of the Tories holing up there, soo...

...gonna be a climactic duel with the last Grand Master of the Orange Order atop Ben Nevis?

There's the lakes, and the pennines.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Fry haddock and let slip the dogfish orfe gar, you loving bigmouth buffalo weasel shark.

Go gently caress your shellfish, Bozza, and take your scat with you.

You too, Hog Sucker.

https://twitter.com/shaneoshea96/status/1202693836121821184

mediadave
Sep 8, 2011
If only this can be so

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1204031272236007424

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

It’s novel that literally every party is currently campaigning against the precious Tory government

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Laura K "Corbyn is a labour activist"

In the shower this morning I was darkly laughing to myself at the thought of Laura K tweeting on the day of the London Bridge attack "the victim was a known Labour activist"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

quote:

Johnson is now taking questions from journalists.

Q: Why have you chosen Conservative candidates in Sunderland who are not from the area?

Johnson says he thinks his candidates will do a fantastic job.

Tony Blair did not have deep roots in Sedgefield, he said.

Q: Nissan have said it will leave if you do not get a decent Brexit deal.

Johnson says he has a decent deal. The UK will be able to leave on 31 January.

But it keeps the UK in a state of grace, a state of equivalence, with the EU.

Q: It took five years to get a Canada deal.

Johnson says the UK will leave in a state of equivalence.

seems he's bricking it after the gaffe

Matbacon
Aug 5, 2014
Hey goons I've been a ancient lurker here for awhile, originally signed up to read LPs (Wiz's one was pretty good) but overtime just been reading topics and this thread in particular.

I just wanted to add to DWP scum and tory scum talk, I'm left-wing, my family is left wing (My grandad was a trade-unionist Leader and Labour Lord Mayor) and I live in Coventry. I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 9, and have lived with it all my life with anxiety attacks, not being comfortable in any situation, nearly being robbed one time, not understanding emotions, getting easily lost etc. My parents put me through non-special schools that had special needs people, I got bullied there but did manage to make some friends. I went through these with a assistant, my grades we're never great even with assistance. I went through Uni with notetakers/readers for exams as I have mild dyslexia (just write down different words sometimes)

Anyway, I've been through benefits stuff, DWP stuff. I got ESA and got my PIP ages ago, until this year where they decided to redo mine and my Mom's PIP (She has bipolar and is medicated), my Mum's decision hasn't come through yet and we're all dreading the brown envelope of death because mine was denied. I went to the interview with them both, they organised it being moved to the city instead of Birmingham (We aint got a car) and throughout the interview I was shaking. I guess I wasn't shaking enough, as the assessor, a nice lady at the time put down that I wasn't anxious enough. I've never cooked due to acute fear of hurting myself, I don't go out alone often (only to walk the dog to the park and even then my anxious paranoid thinks I'm going to be robbed/stabbed) and so on...it's a lot.

Due to other RL lovely issues, like dealing with my sister putting us through a useless court case over a dog (it's batshit, may get into it) we've basically forgot and now we're trying to go through the request for tribunal process. I've been a wreck over this, and it was only after listening to Podcasting with Praxis episode on this I felt I should speak out on my experience. The Torys are scum, they want to make you miserable and give public services to private companies who just fill a quota of misery. I don't know if I can survive another potentially 5 years of these bastards, and I hope at best for a Corbyn Labour coalition with whoeever. Of course majority would be smashing, but, I don't wanna be depressed on thursday night.

stay strong comrades.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1203833399250685952

What the gently caress are they doing? Con lead in London :psyduck: At least try to make a little sense

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Matbacon posted:

Hey goons I've been a ancient lurker here for awhile, originally signed up to read LPs (Wiz's one was pretty good) but overtime just been reading topics and this thread in particular.

I just wanted to add to DWP scum and tory scum talk, I'm left-wing, my family is left wing (My grandad was a trade-unionist Leader and Labour Lord Mayor) and I live in Coventry. I was diagnosed with Aspergers at 9, and have lived with it all my life with anxiety attacks, not being comfortable in any situation, nearly being robbed one time, not understanding emotions, getting easily lost etc. My parents put me through non-special schools that had special needs people, I got bullied there but did manage to make some friends. I went through these with a assistant, my grades we're never great even with assistance. I went through Uni with notetakers/readers for exams as I have mild dyslexia (just write down different words sometimes)

Anyway, I've been through benefits stuff, DWP stuff. I got ESA and got my PIP ages ago, until this year where they decided to redo mine and my Mom's PIP (She has bipolar and is medicated), my Mum's decision hasn't come through yet and we're all dreading the brown envelope of death because mine was denied. I went to the interview with them both, they organised it being moved to the city instead of Birmingham (We aint got a car) and throughout the interview I was shaking. I guess I wasn't shaking enough, as the assessor, a nice lady at the time put down that I wasn't anxious enough. I've never cooked due to acute fear of hurting myself, I don't go out alone often (only to walk the dog to the park and even then my anxious paranoid thinks I'm going to be robbed/stabbed) and so on...it's a lot.

Due to other RL lovely issues, like dealing with my sister putting us through a useless court case over a dog (it's batshit, may get into it) we've basically forgot and now we're trying to go through the request for tribunal process. I've been a wreck over this, and it was only after listening to Podcasting with Praxis episode on this I felt I should speak out on my experience. The Torys are scum, they want to make you miserable and give public services to private companies who just fill a quota of misery. I don't know if I can survive another potentially 5 years of these bastards, and I hope at best for a Corbyn Labour coalition with whoeever. Of course majority would be smashing, but, I don't wanna be depressed on thursday night.

stay strong comrades.

Sorry to hear all this, and welcome to the fold, comrade!

Definitely interested in the dog story when you have the time/headspace.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Jel Shaker posted:

It’s novel that literally every party is currently campaigning against the precious Tory government

And the LAST LABOUR GOVERNMENT!!! :byodood:

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Also, huge lmao:

https://twitter.com/leninology/status/1204040257123049478

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Johnson has just said that "You have to ask if [the TV license] still makes sense in the modern era"

And after so much BBC lickspittling, too!

Between the go back to Europe thing and refusing to look a that picture of the kid he's really loving it today. I just wish that I thought it would have any impact on actual tory voters.

P.s has the Andrew Neil empty chair actually been scheduled yet? Or are the BBC gonna wuss out on that.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

sebzilla posted:

It's "let slip" not "unleash." He can't even quote Shakepeare properly ffs, what's that Eton education for?

I had a full mark Corrigan moment listening to the trash future read through of 72 virgins

in a pro USA speech from a French character, they talk about American soldiers dying on "gold, Juno and sword beaches" on D-day

they were literally all landing zones for British/commonwealth/free french units and not Americans :argh:

e: and poles Dutch and Norwegians according to Wikipedia

maybe there's some subtle lampooning of the idiot frogs I'm missing but my distinct impression is hes just a genuine loving idiot who has overdosed on delusional self belief thanks to a lifetime of unbelievable privilege (and has picked up some half remembered clever sounding words along the way)

XMNN fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Dec 9, 2019

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

he's cracking lmao, he snapped at both Laura K and Kate McCann during the current presser

https://i.imgur.com/ZoCeh31.mp4

Doccykins fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Dec 9, 2019

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

There's a train up Mt Snowdon, and that's the only way most of them would be able to get up there.

It's been closed over winter, so maybe they're already preparing for this! :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

RockyB posted:

Johnson has just said that "You have to ask if [the TV license] still makes sense in the modern era"

And after so much BBC lickspittling, too!

Between the go back to Europe thing and refusing to look a that picture of the kid he's really loving it today. I just wish that I thought it would have any impact on actual tory voters.

P.s has the Andrew Neil empty chair actually been scheduled yet? Or are the BBC gonna wuss out on that.

The higher-ups backing the Tories don't care about the BBC as an organisation. They care about their own careers, which will likely be lucrative. Why the hell would you expect workforce solidarity from Tories?