Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

quote:

Q: What will people think of the fact that you could not even look at a picture of a four-year-old boy having to sleep on a hospital floor?

Johnson says his government is putting more money into the NHS, and recruiting more nurses. He says you can only do that with a strong economy, and if you get Brexit done.

That is why he hopes people will vote for a one nation Conservative government.

Q: You are trying to show people you care. But when a reporter shows you a distressing image, you put the phone in our pocket. What does that say about about whether you care?

Johnson says he has address this already. He wants more investment in the NHS.

Q: Have you done enough to persuade people who voted Labour in the past to trust you?

Johnson says: “How am I supposed to know? I’m doing my best.”

:allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

RockyB posted:

Johnson has just said that "You have to ask if [the TV license] still makes sense in the modern era"

And after so much BBC lickspittling, too!

Between the go back to Europe thing and refusing to look a that picture of the kid he's really loving it today. I just wish that I thought it would have any impact on actual tory voters.

P.s has the Andrew Neil empty chair actually been scheduled yet? Or are the BBC gonna wuss out on that.

They aren't empty chairing him as far as I'm aware?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

BBC: ribbit ribbit this scorpion is a fine PM

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

quote:

Q: Have you done enough to persuade people who voted Labour in the past to trust you?

Johnson says: “How am I supposed to know? I’m doing my best.”

Genuinely sad if true

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The actual people doing the propagandizing don't give a poo poo, they'll never suffer if the BBC goes away.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Doccykins posted:

he's cracking lmao, he snapped at both Laura K and Kate McCann during the current presser

Any more info on that?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Failed Imagineer posted:

Genuinely sad if true

He seems to be at the breaking point

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Any more info on that?

https://i.imgur.com/ZoCeh31.mp4

(might need to right click -> show controls and put the audio on)

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

hello darkness my old friend

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm the guy in the yellow at the back right of the frame.

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

Doccykins posted:

lmfao

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
I caught about 2 minutes of the world at one on my way to the shop to buy lunch

they had some report from a focus group (maybe because they've been getting stick for their constant "man on street is lifelong labour voter but hates Corbyn and wants Brexit done" vox pops?) and it was the most mind numbing poo poo I ever heard

they were asked who they were voting for and what headlines they hoped to see in six months, they had seven in a row voting Tory and the last one I listened to, the guy said he hoped to see the headline "Britain takes radical new direction in all areas" or something

I literally flipped out screaming at the radio, how can you be such a stupid motherfucker as to vote for the party that's been in government for the last ten years and has not promised anything new and then expect the country to make radical changes, you moron, you fuckibg slush brained gobshite

if we don't win on Thursday I'm going to track him down and feed him his own feet or something

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good
Take a dive into that deep, reassuring twitter bubble friend.

https://twitter.com/danhancox/status/1203728684466741248
https://twitter.com/Rachael_Swindon/status/1204043684431507456
https://twitter.com/ErnyRobs/status/1203794905291730944

Better yet, just don't inflict TV news on yourself. You know it's not going to be encouraging.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

RockyB posted:

Johnson has just said that "You have to ask if [the TV license] still makes sense in the modern era"

And after so much BBC lickspittling, too!

Between the go back to Europe thing and refusing to look a that picture of the kid he's really loving it today. I just wish that I thought it would have any impact on actual tory voters.

Let's be clear, this has been the end game of the Tories since 2010 with the appointment of people like James Harding, former editor of Murdoch paper to a key position in the News department. The end result was also to get it to a point where the left won't even fight for it and they've done a terrific job.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mediadave posted:

How do you share a video from twitter to facebook?

I'm trying to post a Rob Delaney tweeted momentum video to facebook (on the assumption that, hey, maybe some of my aunts and uncles will see it)
Momentum have a facebook page too, and they tend to put the videos on there as well.

Doccykins posted:

I'm on mobile so no sound, what was said?

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
ITV are streaming the Bristol rally

https://twitter.com/itvnews/status/1204046871414460417?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Momentum have a facebook page too, and they tend to put the videos on there as well.

I'm on mobile so no sound, what was said?

"Do you think you've done enough that first time tory voters can trust you?"

"How am I supposed to know, I'm doing my best! uhh, okay this is this is this is about, a fundamental choice for this country."

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

OwlFancier posted:

"How am I supposed to know, I'm doing my best! uhh, okay this is this is this is about, a fundamental choice for this country."

Which, as we're doing the optimism thing, really strongly suggests that he *does* know, and he knows he's not done enough.

HJB
Feb 16, 2011

:swoon: I can't get enough of are Dan :swoon:
I'm reminded of this from 2016:

https://twitter.com/lewisiwu/status/746076633644281856

No complacency.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006
i think i have a new hobby for the next couple of days

media:

reality:

https://i.imgur.com/0x7wGWC.mp4

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

OwlFancier posted:

Crucially, the bolded segment was one continuous noise instead of actual words.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

XMNN posted:

I had a full mark Corrigan moment listening to the trash future read through of 72 virgins

in a pro USA speech from a French character, they talk about American soldiers dying on "gold, Juno and sword beaches" on D-day

they were literally all landing zones for British/commonwealth/free french units and not Americans :argh:

e: and poles Dutch and Norwegians according to Wikipedia

maybe there's some subtle lampooning of the idiot frogs I'm missing but my distinct impression is hes just a genuine loving idiot who has overdosed on delusional self belief thanks to a lifetime of unbelievable privilege (and has picked up some half remembered clever sounding words along the way)

Your impression is correct. Everyone has been pretending that Boris is clever for his entire life, because that's how the class system works. If you can adopt the correct trappings of intelligence, you never have to actually be intelligent. And the brain must face challenges to develop or even maintain its effectiveness. If you don't use it, it atrophies. This also explains Jacob Rees-Mogg and the other upper-class morons.

Resting on your laurels makes you become stupid and incompetent. Try to always be learning, because that is the way to keep your brain in good shape, and is a happy way to live :)

Which is not to say don't give yourself credit for your accomplishments. Do give yourself credit, please. Most people do not give themselves enough credit. But the upper classes give themselves an endless stream of credit for their accomplishments, both real and imagined, and they pay people to give them even more. It's a system almost designed to produce arrogant incompetent fools and insulate them from the consequences of their actions.

Braggart fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Dec 9, 2019

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I don't think John is very good in that tbh.

Because all the rear end in a top hat is saying is he won't get out of bed for less than a billion pounds. But the rest of us do. The rest of us don't have a choice, a lot of the rest of us are using food banks because there is such a fundamental divide between him and us. I don't think there's any value or ground to be found in saying you're not being divisive, you are, because there is a divide. He is showing you that, make him admit it openly.

I was glad that John talked about how Labour are pro entrepreneurs, but he should have laughed out loud when that guy said he wouldn't have started his business if Labour had been in power.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jackhunter64 posted:

Crucially, the bolded segment was one continuous noise instead of actual words.

Yes, he snaps the whole thing out in an angry bark.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

bessantj posted:

I was glad that John talked about how Labour are pro entrepreneurs, but he should have laughed out loud when that guy said he wouldn't have started his business if Labour had been in power.

He did say he didn't believe it but he didn't put anything forward as to why it was a stupid answer. Which it is, but only if you're already that way inclined. It needs spelling out for a lot of people.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Failed Imagineer posted:

Genuinely sad if true
Reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zUu8Fs5Ta8

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Failed Imagineer posted:

Genuinely sad if true

No, it's heartening :getin:

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Christ I know this is as close to a home crowd as Corbyn's going to get but this is a hell of a reception

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

Doccykins posted:

i think i have a new hobby for the next couple of days

media:

reality:

https://i.imgur.com/0x7wGWC.mp4

Poundland trump with an equally poo poo media

With the Guardian as your fiercest opposition why bother trying

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Man, would have loved to be there today. Stupid work :sigh:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Doccykins posted:

The way he snaps it! So incredibly rattled :yeshaha:

Also thanks to whoever's responsible for making the above emote come up in search when you type "sickos"

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Waiting for some lovely fash rag to call this the Bris Tol Putsch

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

The Bris Tol Putsch is where antisemite jeremy corbyn forcibly redistributes everyone's foreskin.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

OwlFancier posted:

The Bris Tol Putsch is where antisemite jeremy corbyn forcibly redistributes everyone's foreskin.

This sounds like someone's kink.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

lol Corbs waving the Daily Mirror with the splash of the poor lad who had to sleep on the floor

if there's one thing this election has shown it's that every time Corbyn appears somewhere with a paper in his hands it's not going well for the Tories

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe that's called "docking"

Which lends new light to the first bars of the billy bragg song.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

mediadave posted:

I'm trying to post a Rob Delaney tweeted momentum video to facebook (on the assumption that, hey, maybe some of my aunts and uncles will see it)
Quoting this again because I found it on fb:

https://www.facebook.com/155710354774360/posts/1025895877755799/

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

if there's one thing this election has shown it's that every time Corbyn appears somewhere with a paper in his hands it's not going well for the Tories

Photoshopportunity there I think, referencing the Dewey/Truman pic ;)

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

"Threaten our license fee will you?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

OwlFancier posted:

Want to hope this is him echoing the bollocking he's getting from Cummies after seeing the internal polling data.