Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

It’s so much smaller in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

ijyt posted:

It’s so much smaller in person.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
I love it even more

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

adamantium|wang posted:

you've outdone yourself mango

2018 was truly the dark ages of the Heresy.

I'm so glad we've moved past that and into glorious 2019 and 2020.

Hm.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Mango Polo posted:

I love it even more

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Mango Polo posted:

2018 was truly the dark ages of the Heresy.

I'm so glad we've moved past that and into glorious 2019 and 2020.

Hm.

Book 9 is real and coming this year

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe
I don't know if this is trigger warning territory, but I'm noticing now that the 40k Thousand Sons Scarab Terminators are basically perfectly acceptable overdetailed Tartaros Terminator kits. What's the opinion of the community about using the 40k TS stuff in 30k?

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

koreban posted:

I don't know if this is trigger warning territory, but I'm noticing now that the 40k Thousand Sons Scarab Terminators are basically perfectly acceptable overdetailed Tartaros Terminator kits. What's the opinion of the community about using the 40k TS stuff in 30k?

Good way to fill out the ranks for court of the crimson king imo.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

koreban posted:

The 40k scarabs are straight up in tartaros armor. They'll work great in 30k with some minor work done to remove an occasional tzeentch symbol or something. They'll be good counterparts to the official sekhmet models which are in cataphractii.

I've also seen rubric marines used in 30k. They'll work great as veterans with some head swaps and different shoulder pads/backpacks.

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

I guess we all learned that trying to get along is way better than p. . .player hatin'.
Fun Shoe

Safety Factor posted:

The 40k scarabs are straight up in tartaros armor. They'll work great in 30k with some minor work done to remove an occasional tzeentch symbol or something. They'll be good counterparts to the official sekhmet models which are in cataphractii.

I've also seen rubric marines used in 30k. They'll work great as veterans with some head swaps and different shoulder pads/backpacks.

This makes me happy since I have 3 boxes of unbuilt scarab terminators and 4 boxes of unbuilt rubrics for my 40k TSons.

Looks like my second 30k army is well on its way.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
I think Hixson is considering parting with his TKSons. Might wanna hit him up

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Holy poo poo, they are just pimped-out tartaros.

Oh, and you're not the only guy to have the idea. This is from the user examples included on the store page:

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

JcDent posted:

Holy poo poo, they are just pimped-out tartaros.

Rubrics are gussied you Mk.IV, too.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006
Dark Angels are getting dreadwing guys with plasma flamers. Also there’s a tank that jcdent is mad about.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

I'm also reasonably mad about the stupid name for the flamer dudes.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

JcDent posted:

I'm also reasonably mad about the stupid name for the flamer dudes.

What’s the origin of the name? I need someone from a Baltic or Black Sea bordering nation to explain it in detail to me.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

tallkidwithglasses posted:

What’s the origin of the name? I need someone from a Baltic or Black Sea bordering nation to explain it in detail to me.

*In best Life of Boris/Bulbasaur voice* It's derived from the Latin word "Interimo", which means to "kill, destroy, extinguish, sever from life"

It definitely fits their role, and is pretty fuckin' metal, if you ask me.

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Hmm. Trademarkable and starts with an I.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Horus Heresy Book Nine: Pardon the Interemption

Stephenls
Feb 21, 2013
[REDACTED]
Someone on Facebook pointed out that the reverse-Sicaran with the arc-firing energy cannon is actually just the pre-daemon-engine plagueburst crawler and now I kinda like it.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Yeah the 30K model definitely makes the 40K Plagueburst a bit more redeemable.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Interempt my rear end

:pcgaming::pcgaming::pcgaming:

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Broken Record Talk posted:

*In best Life of Boris/Bulbasaur voice* It's derived from the Latin word "Interimo", which means to "kill, destroy, extinguish, sever from life"

It definitely fits their role, and is pretty fuckin' metal, if you ask me.

You’re danish now sorry

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

koreban posted:

Looks like my second 30k army is well on its way.

I deserve this

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Stephenls posted:

Hmm. Trademarkable and starts with an I.

HH is gonna get cancelled because the 40K team wants to use the name for a squad of Primaris *rolls dice* quadbike riders armed exclusively with *rolls dice* grenade launchers.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Hover-quads, with grenade launchers equipped with underslung grenade launchers.

I thought the Dreadwing supposedly had forbidden tech too horrific for regular issue. "Flamer but hotter" is neat, but I was expecting something more akin to Dark Eldar or Chaos in terms of terror weapons.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

moths posted:

Hover-quads, with grenade launchers equipped with underslung grenade launchers.

I thought the Dreadwing supposedly had forbidden tech too horrific for regular issue. "Flamer but hotter" is neat, but I was expecting something more akin to Dark Eldar or Chaos in terms of terror weapons.

If the flamers are str 6 and they also get rad grenades like regular destroyers then that’s pretty horrific imo.

Cessna
Feb 20, 2013

KHABAHBLOOOM

drat, that's nice.

I wish 30K wasn't dead here.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

Warcrime grenades sound about right.

I remember reading about the Dreadwing and wondering what weapons would be brutal enough to give Space Marines second thoughts.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Just so we have it in the thread

Stephenls posted:

Someone on Facebook pointed out that the reverse-Sicaran with the arc-firing energy cannon is actually just the pre-daemon-engine plagueburst crawler and now I kinda like it.

Cool throwback smoke launchers too. I think this is the first case of a 'new' 40k model being transitioned into 30k.

Thoughts and prayers for heresy era primaris

JcDent
May 13, 2013

moths posted:

Same. Something rad, phosphex, vortex... something that screams "technowarcrimes" in the same way Xenos Deathlock and Psyarkana stuff do.

Broken Record Talk
Jul 28, 2009

A three-hundred thousand degree baptism by nuclear fire;
we had it coming.

Hixson posted:

You’re danish now sorry

Sounds right - I had feared that it was contagious, and I was definitely exposed. :rip:

JcDent posted:

Same. Something rad, phosphex, vortex... something that screams "technowarcrimes" in the same way Xenos Deathlock and Psyarkana stuff do.

I really wouldn't be surprised if there were additional weapon options for the "burninate them all to hell" boiz. I could totally see a Marine version of (i)rad-cleansers, and/or irradiation engines being a thing for them.

With the Dark Angels still being marketed as the dudes who have poo poo that is so scary that Big E. intentionally kept it from the Mechanicum, I expect a good amount of it will be absolutely horrific... in terms of how lovely the rules are, but I imagine the fluff will at least make them sound cool.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
That back ported plagueburst crawler is a really cool idea. Love the new mini-tank also. I'm sitting on a ton of Sons of Horus kits. Maybe I should work on that army next year.

tallkidwithglasses
Feb 7, 2006

GreenMarine posted:

That back ported plagueburst crawler is a really cool idea. Love the new mini-tank also. I'm sitting on a ton of Sons of Horus kits. Maybe I should work on that army next year.

It’d be good to have you back!

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo

tallkidwithglasses posted:

It’d be good to have you back!

Earlier in the year I bought someone's Iron Warriors so I could join the BEST LEGION EVER, but never made time to play. I'll send you an email.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
2019- the year of the Iron Warrior

koreban
Apr 4, 2008

Fun Shoe

BULBASAUR posted:

2019- the year of the Iron Wing

What a time to be alive.

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Stephenls posted:

Ahhhh. It’s also the artillery version of the Saber? It doesnt look Sicaran scale at all. So interesting in that the Plagueburst retroactively inspired an entire 30k tank-line.

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat
One nit pick I like about the model is the driver window. It's parallel with the ground, which makes sense, instead of just being raised up on the panel like on the tankette

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

Sharks Dont Sleep posted:

Ahhhh. It’s also the artillery version of the Saber? It doesnt look Sicaran scale at all. So interesting in that the Plagueburst retroactively inspired an entire 30k tank-line.

They did this before internally at Forge World with the 40k blight drone.

It's a cool way of showing corruption of how good things could have been. Horus :argh: