Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FFT posted:

Referenced? What year was Gail Simone's "IIIIIII'M A SHARK" because i am having a hell of a time trying to look it up

Somebody should probably just ask her. She's posting on Twitter all the time, and seems to be having a lot of fun with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

oh look, it's from Secret Six #35, released in 2011

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Infinitum posted:

Sorry about that subtle underlying case of racism you've got there mate.

You are a goddamn clown.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Webcomic "suck my diiiick I'm a shark": 2006

actual comic "iiiiiii'm a shark" 2011

suck my dick it was obviously a loving reference just like "the juggernaut, bitch" was suuuuuuuuuck it

oof sorry that's mean, let me be relevant

Skwirl posted:

What? Are you claiming Gail Simone ripped off a random web comic?

2006 vs Gail Simone's reference (not that there's anything wrong with that) in 2011 suck my diiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Gail Simone made a hilarious reference, you were bad at comics.

/e2 i'll eat a sixer with no complaints as long as this post stands otherwise unedited

cuz i'm a fuckin shaaaaaaaaaaaark

stringless fucked around with this message at 12:23 on Dec 9, 2019

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

it's far too early for you to be drunk

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

FFT posted:

/e2 i'll eat a sixer with no complaints as long as this post stands otherwise unedited

Why would you get probated for this? Being salty? Wasn't that mean.

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

prefect posted:

aw.

it's intended to be, why else would it feel so good?

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

Alaois posted:

it's far too early for you to be drunk

As I respond the current time is 1:30 AM. I disagree.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy

prefect posted:

Continuing a derail is probatable in the gray forums.

The_Other
Dec 28, 2012

Welcome Back, Galaxy Geek.
Have some funny panels! See Ms. Marvel get romantic advice from Tony Stark!

From Magnificent Ms. Marvel #9

See captain Janeway without her first cup of coffee!

From Star Trek: Waypoint #3

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I don't care if people post anime, but I agree that if it takes five pages for context, one should reconsider if it's really as funny as they think. (It wasn't.)

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

Wow uh. That's the most "This is someone's fetish" cover I've seen since that one Heroes for Hire cover.

Seems to me that "Kitty Pryde" is the fetish of everyone in the comic industry (at least the ones working to for Marvel, "Harley Quinn" is the fetish for people working for DC).

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Alhazred posted:

Seems to me that "Kitty Pryde" is the fetish of everyone in the comic industry (at least the ones working to for Marvel, "Harley Quinn" is the fetish for people working for DC).

Makes sense. DC is a bunch of clowns.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

They once asked a bunch of writers who their ideal date from the marvel comics would be and every single one of the men said Kitty Pryde.

Mister Olympus
Oct 31, 2011

Buzzard, Who Steals From Dead Bodies
why

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

They dont have to worry about hoverhanding

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
She was 15 years old for like 20 years so that isnt creepy at all.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Rhyno posted:

She was 15 years old for like 20 years so that isnt creepy at all.

Yeah, I had a huge crush on Jubilee growing up, but Jubilee didn't grow up so I got other fictional crushes. Apparently comic book writers don't do that.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Lurdiak posted:

They once asked a bunch of writers who their ideal date from the marvel comics would be and every single one of the men said Kitty Pryde.

If I had to guess, it's probably because most of the writers asked were at an age where they grew up reading Claremont's X-Men so Kitty has that childhood crush thing going on.

I mean I could analyse it deeper (she is presented as young but mature. Smart but willing to do fun stuff. Powers that make her cool and tough without being threatening. Some of those writers are probably Jewish. They probably want to hang around with someone who will say the N-Word. Etc...)

It's like Tim Drake.
People say he's the best Robin for various reasons (he's into D&D. He's a better detective than Batman. He's more rounded.)
But for me, none of this is true. I think the reason people like him is he was there Robin growing up. And rather than take that as a explanation they try and come up with a bigger rationalization after the fact.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

The Question IRL posted:

I think the reason people like him is he was there Robin growing up.

That's pretty much 90% of the rationalization for any DC legacy hero being someone's favorite.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Incredible Hulk #4 (1962)

Batman: Shadow of the Bat #71 (1998)

Bizarro World (2005)

Chew #45 (2014)

S.H.I.E.L.D. #2 (2015)

The Great Lakes Avengers #2 (2017)

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
with the amount of manga that gets posted i have a really hard time believing in late 2019 regulars here not only do not understand its meant to be read right to left, but think that doing so is some insurmountable task

site fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Dec 9, 2019

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

It's nice that the answers are less creepy than I thought I had remembered. :unsmith:

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I would date Stunner.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Ugh, Frank Cho's answer is just :barf:

Is this really just one page, or is there another? It's rather disconcerting that there's only one woman being asked about their opinion here.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

Lobok posted:

Ok but who's the gorilla?

Paul, an occasional character on PBS’s “The Electrjc Company.” (The woman in the panels is presumably Jennifer of the Jungle.)

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

amigolupus posted:

Is this really just one page, or is there another? It's rather disconcerting that there's only one woman being asked about their opinion here.

You try finding female Marvel creators.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

amigolupus posted:

C.B. Cebulski’s is also gross when you remember he had a japanese pseudonym to write and pitch books with a Japanese focus.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Fritzler posted:

C.B. Cebulski’s is also gross when you remember he had a japanese pseudonym to write and pitch books with a Japanese focus.

That's an unfair characterization. He had a Japanese pseudonym to write and pitch books with a Japanese focus in violation of company policy about editors also writing books.

Senju Kannon
Apr 9, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Skwirl posted:

That's an unfair characterization. He had a Japanese pseudonym to write and pitch books with a Japanese focus in violation of company policy about editors also writing books.

i remember reading the elektra book he wrote and going “this is incredibly historically inaccurate, who wrote this... a japanese guy?!” so my surprise retroactively means i caught it

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Tim Drake's new codename is Drake. A level beyond genius.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

duck dick drake

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

"Some call me ... Tim."

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
Am I forgetting Dead Girl's powers or is the implication here that Jeff Parker is immune to getting hit by trucks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Archyduchess posted:

Am I forgetting Dead Girl's powers or is the implication here that Jeff Parker is immune to getting hit by trucks.

She can't die and she can communicate with the dead

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

Alaois posted:

She can't die and she can communicate with the dead
I forgot she could also talk to dead people. Jeff went morbid.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Endless Mike posted:

I don't care if people post anime, but I agree that if it takes five pages for context, one should reconsider if it's really as funny as they think. (It wasn't.)

It never is, but it's really easy to ignore and scroll past.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Secret Warriors #9

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

Bit weird seeing Magik working with those two(I assume that's Quake)?