Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

QuietLion posted:

I’ve been breeding the 6 IV Eevee that you get from Let’s Go with a 5 IV Ditto and despite hatching north of one hundred eggs/using destiny knot/held items that pass on a particular stat I’ve only gotten one perfect IV/nature Eevee so far, it’s driving me nuts.

I managed to even catch Pokerus from a wild Pokémon yet don’t seem to have the luck for breeding perfect IVs with two nearly perfect critters, Pokémon breeding really seems to be its own brand of insanity. :negative:

I too, am hoping that complaining on the internet will change my luck, it’s worked for a couple posters here right??

With a 6/5, assuming one of the parents has the nature you want, you should be using everstone + destiny knot as the held items. That gives you a 7/384 probability (about 1.82%) for each egg to have 6 IV + nature.

If neither of the parents has the right nature, then you need to work on getting an Eevee with the right nature and then iteratively get Eevees with the right nature and progressively more IVs. The best probability you can get with Destiny Knot + power item is 1/800 (or 1/160 if targeting a neutral nature, which you probably aren't).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
Also: For a special attacker, if you want to really go nuts with this, you want a 0 IV in physical Attack because Foul Play and Confusion damage work off the mon's own Attack stat.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby

Hammerite posted:

With a 6/5, assuming one of the parents has the nature you want, you should be using everstone + destiny knot as the held items. That gives you a 7/384 probability (about 1.82%) for each egg to have 6 IV + nature.

If neither of the parents has the right nature, then you need to work on getting an Eevee with the right nature and then iteratively get Eevees with the right nature and progressively more IVs. The best probability you can get with Destiny Knot + power item is 1/800 (or 1/160 if targeting a neutral nature, which you probably aren't).
Thankfully my ditto is rolling with a -Attack +SpAttack nature so I can load it with an everstone while LG Eevee has the destiny knot - I seem to recall most eeveelutions leaning mostly towards SpAttack. I really appreciate you simply laying out the probability for my situation here, it should help quite a bit making the swap from Power item/destiny knot to everstone/destiny knot for the held items, cheers!

Unrelated but as much as I like Eevee I really don’t like its cry in the newer gens. Partly because I’ve used Eevee in every older gen I could and because it sounds like it’s saying “Ehvoy!” :(

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Hunting for these rare spawn dens is driving me insane. I just want a Duralon with it's hidden ability and the mother fucker doesn't want to spawn even once. I miss the chain Pokemon system :smith:.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.
Where/When do I get whatever allows me to see the IVs?

Stangg
Mar 17, 2009

Big McHuge posted:

Where/When do I get whatever allows me to see the IVs?

You get it for getting to Rank 4 in the Battle Tower in the postgame.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Stangg posted:

You get it for getting to Rank 4 in the Battle Tower in the postgame.

Guess I'll work on that tonight.

Am I supposed to be seeing more than just two raid spawns each day? I've had Dreadnaw and Snorlax, both 5 star raids, moving around the past few days. I can't do them with the AI poo poo and no one ever joins. Am I supposed to just dump stars or whatever into the dens? Because I only have two of those pieces and I feel like they're really hard to get.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
If anyone wants my League Card, the code is 0000 0003 XNLB XH

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Big McHuge posted:

Guess I'll work on that tonight.

Am I supposed to be seeing more than just two raid spawns each day? I've had Dreadnaw and Snorlax, both 5 star raids, moving around the past few days. I can't do them with the AI poo poo and no one ever joins. Am I supposed to just dump stars or whatever into the dens? Because I only have two of those pieces and I feel like they're really hard to get.

I've had this happen a couple times, where only like 1 spawns and it's a 5 star. I've got online tho so I've managed to take it down, and once I did that a ton more opened up. Haven't had it come up for a couple days tho, not sure what causes it

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

Epic High Five posted:

I've had this happen a couple times, where only like 1 spawns and it's a 5 star. I've got online tho so I've managed to take it down, and once I did that a ton more opened up. Haven't had it come up for a couple days tho, not sure what causes it

I've tried waiting online for other people to join but no one ever shows up. Am I missing a friends list option or something?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
Raid dens reset as soon as you clear all dens currently on the map, as far as I can tell. Also as time passes, but I dunno what the metric there is; doesn't seem to happen daily, at least. Also, the AI "helpers" scale based on the level of the pokémon you send out, up to level 70 when you're at level 100. I just candied the first G-Max Butterfree I caught up to level 100 and it can take down any den outside of G-max Drednaw, which it can take out when the AI team isn't too garbage.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

1. Learn to glitch for a purple beam
2. Learn to time skip once you have the purple beam

Also, thanks for this! It took me a solid hour of resetting, but I finally got my garbage mountain, and managed to become Champion with it! :D

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib

Big McHuge posted:

I've tried waiting online for other people to join but no one ever shows up. Am I missing a friends list option or something?

Not to be That Guy but are you sure you're connected to the internet? From overworld Y button -> + button. Sometimes the UI will show the little Searching loading bar even when you're in local mode.

I don't even roll my own raids I just show up to parties with that cleric Togekiss

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

Marx Headroom posted:

Yeah I was getting pelted by Japanese Dreepy from Wonder Trade and it was kind of a letdown until I got the stats judge and turns out half of them have 5 perfect IVs. Appreciate the congrats!

Speaking of, if anyone in US is grinding shiny Dreepy I can definitely toss a foreign one your way. Or you can use Wonder Trade for a few minutes apparently.

I also got a 5 IV Dreepy from Japan. I hope they appreciate getting a 5 IV American Eevee :shobon: At least it was most likely a male so they got a 5 IV stud to breed the largest egg group.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Big McHuge posted:

Being online and having a bunch of friends that are also online at the time of you recruiting for raids certainly boosts the chances you'll see people join your raid, as the servers prioritize sending players stickers for raids their friends are running. Past that it's a bit of a crapshoot: people usually only start joining raids at five stars, and that's only if the servers are merciful and notify players actively looking for raids that you're looking for people. This is made worse due to how the matchmaking will often either A) not send your client any stickers at all or B) will only send you stickers for raids that have already expired/have been cancelled/were never valid raids to begin with due to people spamming the den trick, which really grinds down the patience for actually finding raids to do for some people.

Worst case scenario: level a single decent 'mon to 100 and you can take them down solo with NPCs in most cases.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Big McHuge posted:

it doesn't work.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

Worst case scenario: level a single decent 'mon to 100 and you can take them down solo with NPCs in most cases*.
*unless the mon in question is something like, say, giga-snorlax and comes equipped with earthquake

Rich Uncle Chet
Jan 20, 2005

The Law? Law is a Human Institution.

Blaziken386 posted:

*unless the mon in question is something like, say, giga-snorlax and comes equipped with earthquake

The trick there is to use something that boosts the defenses of your allies like Max Steelspike.

Even then it's still a gamble depending on which set of 3 infants your NPC partners decide to bring.

There really should be a 'quit' option if you're fighting offline.

QuietLion
Aug 16, 2011

Da realest Kirby
The only way I manage to join any raids (especially if the game hasn’t updated the stamps or allowed me to do it manually) was to flick between Local and Online to force the game to update the stamps. I still sometimes join people who immediately close the lobby for the glitch/an already-full raid but it’s way better than waiting for the game to give you updated max raid stamps.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
important update
https://twitter.com/Appletun_Pie/status/1203768303384170496

QuietLion posted:

The only way I manage to join any raids (especially if the game hasn’t updated the stamps or allowed me to do it manually) was to flick between Local and Online to force the game to update the stamps. I still sometimes join people who immediately close the lobby for the glitch/an already-full raid but it’s way better than waiting for the game to give you updated max raid stamps.
Doing this at, say, 3am is a good way to get into gigantamax raids

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
My turbo controller has arrived. Time to dig for 80,000 watts worth of A-mashing and then make Dracovishes until I get a shiny.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Jesus. How many months are you guys advancing your clock to get your purple beams to poo poo out rare stuff? I've been resetting for this Skyscraper Dragon for two months now. >_>

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

AlternateNu posted:

Jesus. How many months are you guys advancing your clock to get your purple beams to poo poo out rare stuff? I've been resetting for this Skyscraper Dragon for two months now. >_>

I did 6 months looking for a skyscraper before I gave up.

Then I did 2 weeks looking for a togekiss and found a hatterene, so ymmv

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
The Pokedex is no longer giving me recommendations. I guess that means all I have left to do is breed some babies, evolve some dudes, and trade the rest. The real slog starts here.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hmm. What effect, if any, does Ripen have on Leftovers? It procs when Leftovers are used but doesn't seem to heal any more than normal.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I found my first shiny since Sapphire came out immediately on route 2. It even has the squares when it comes out so it's ultra rare! It's a Skowvet though :negative:

I'm doing a nunzlocke run and so far the only 3 pokemon left on my team are Growlithe, Drifloon, and that shiny Skwovet. What should I do to beef up the chubby squirrel because it's level up pool looks really weak.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

AlternateNu posted:

I had to travel two days into the future :smug:

I went 8 months for a Flapple

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

RealFoxy posted:

I found my first shiny since Sapphire came out immediately on route 2. It even has the squares when it comes out so it's ultra rare! It's a Skowvet though :negative:

I'm doing a nunzlocke run and so far the only 3 pokemon left on my team are Growlithe, Drifloon, and that shiny Skwovet. What should I do to beef up the chubby squirrel because it's level up pool looks really weak.

Do you give it berries?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

Raid dens reset as soon as you clear all dens currently on the map, as far as I can tell. Also as time passes, but I dunno what the metric there is; doesn't seem to happen daily, at least.

Dens reset at midnight.

Rich Uncle Chet posted:

The trick there is to use something that boosts the defenses of your allies like Max Steelspike.

Even then it's still a gamble depending on which set of 3 infants your NPC partners decide to bring.

There really should be a 'quit' option if you're fighting offline.

Reset the game?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

Do you give it berries?
Yeah, that makes it tanky as hell but I'm still pretty early in the game and no idea where to get anything stronger than 10HP

Quotey
Aug 16, 2006

We went out for lunch and then we stopped for some bubble tea.
You'll get more/better berries deeper into the wild area. Sitrus are really common and are 25% heal at 50%.

CubeTheory
Mar 26, 2010

Cube Reversal
I am the chosen PokeBreeder. I just bred a Special Attacker Shiny for a Trick Room team with a 0 Atk IV, a 0 Spd IV and it's hidden ability. Truly the PokeGods have smiled on me this day.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Also, a fighting resist berry might be good to have for the fighting gym, if you have sword.

Might even be good in general, but I'm not sure tbqh

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
Finally got the loving Skyscraper. Only took 7 months. And of course is has a neutral nature. >_>

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

AlternateNu posted:

Finally got the loving Skyscraper. Only took 7 months. And of course is has a neutral nature. >_>

You can’t pass down Gigas by breeding so nature is irrelevant. Just change it with the battle tower item.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

just hack it in if you’re going to cheat

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Framboise posted:

The Pokedex is no longer giving me recommendations. I guess that means all I have left to do is breed some babies, evolve some dudes, and trade the rest. The real slog starts here.
You might have recommendations tomorrow. It'll recommend something that you can catch when the weather in the Wild Area changes! (which does not mean you shouldn't just start trading and breeding, that's the way to do it)

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

AlternateNu posted:

That's what we have mints for.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

QuietLion posted:

Y > Swap Cards > Y > Choose a raid you like... and spam the confirm button to get past the prompts that you didn't trade cards yet

Remember to set your filter for "seeking"

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You might have recommendations tomorrow. It'll recommend something that you can catch when the weather in the Wild Area changes! (which does not mean you shouldn't just start trading and breeding, that's the way to do it)

Yeah I realized there are some that are still catchable that I've already sought out. Drampa is a loving insult to completing this. 2% appearance in one place during one type of weather. What is this, Sinnoh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Framboise posted:

Yeah I realized there are some that are still catchable that I've already sought out. Drampa is a loving insult to completing this. 2% appearance in one place during one type of weather. What is this, Sinnoh?
I legit never saw that weather even once while trying to complete my dex.

what I eventually did for both Drampa and Goomy was find out which dens they can spawn for and just use wishing pieces. IIIRC it was on the little island in the lake of the first area.