Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sanskrit Scat
Aug 11, 2007

"Okay" -- holy poo poo I'm dying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao... just running over Squinty Dipshit

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Back from an appointment. Let me tell y’all, a cut to the eye is a serious motherfucker. I see Castor is up to bat now and getting laughed at. What’s happened so far?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

ahahaha badgering the witness

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Sir Thats Gross posted:

Back from an appointment. Let me tell y’all, a cut to the eye is a serious motherfucker. I see Castor is up to bat now and getting laughed at. What’s happened so far?

That about covers it. It's almost (but not quite) enough to make you feel bad for the guy.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Sir Thats Gross posted:

he's actually facing serious cross examination for the first time ever and he's dying on live tv

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

DECORUM. DRINK

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Holy gently caress. Sensenbrenner is now complaining about a lack of decorum.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

DRINK

E: damnit ^^ :argh:

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

The best and brightest.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Thats not Mr. Buck...

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

You’re out of order, he’s out of order, we’re all out of order.

Ham Cheeks
Nov 18, 2012

Feeling hammy

CSPAN Caller posted:

What doesn't make sense to me is that Rudy made his name prosecuting mafia under complex federal charges and ought to be uniquely aware of how to hide his tracks and obscure his purpose. IIRC, as prosecutor, he often had to make fairly subtle connections between coded language on wiretaps, under cover testimony, and purchasing patterns to demonstrate bribery, extortion, etc. so you think he'd know what to avoid when soliciting foreign corruption.

If Trump had never talked directly with the Ukrainian President about Biden, and State had made more subtle policy actions on corruption ("We're going to stamp out corruption in the former Soviet states..and Ukraine is dragging their feet"), and Rudy had handled more of these talks solo and face-to-face, there wouldn't have been any whistleblower or direct evidence of abuse of power at all. Rudy ought to know this.

It's hard to explain Rudy's behavior. It's hard to explain this as merely incompetence or the onset of dementia because in many respects Rudy has engineered the worst case scenario for Trump.

Rudy is an alcoholic boomer with brain damage who took credit for the work done by others.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Fox has desperately cut away to talk about the IG report, anything funny happening?

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Always good when the witness gets testy

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Lmao what an indignant little bitch, the perfect representative of the GOP

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

"He’s presidenting" needs to be the title of either this or the USPOL thread stat

PeterWeller
Apr 21, 2003

I told you that story so I could tell you this one.

Oracle posted:

He made his career out of the being the guy in charge of the team prosecuting mafia under complex federal (RICO) charges. IIRC he didn't do much of the actual groundwork.

Between aging, his drinking problem and hitting his head in a fall in 2016, yeah.

The funniest thing I head about Giuliani lately was something along the lines of "he prosecuted the mob when it wasn't popular to do." Because, y'know, the American public is so sympathetic to organized crime.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

sexpig by night posted:

Fox has desperately cut away to talk about the IG report, anything funny happening?

Just more intense questioning from the Dem Counsel, waffling from the GOP councel, fake anger from the GOP and interruptions galore.

Here's another stream that says entirely on the inquiry. No cut-aways to anchors.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixLKVjYajMQ

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Hahahahaha... "I don't think the president was requesting an investigation into Biden"

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Ummmmmm complexities and lawyers are expensive you see?

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
it wasnt policy to investigate joe biden??? uhmmmm

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Can't this tremendous tit of a lawyer be held in contempt or something for avoiding every yes/no question?

edit: Also for constantly interrupting/talking over Berke.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

goddamnit i wish i wasnt on pain meds since this would make a great drinking game. Drink each time someone dunks on Toby

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY
"May I add something"

"NO"

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

eke out posted:

they should be stopping the clock for these but i can't tell if they are

They are stopping the clock.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Thom12255 posted:

"May I add something"

"NO"

c'mon Berry

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Come on Barry!!!

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Come oooooooon be faaaaair

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat
i like they're somehow saying that the Biden stuff was fishy enough to warrant investigation and it is the Presidents duty to do so but also Trump never wanted his political rival to be investigated.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Also counsel looks like Bob Saget

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
"Mr Guliani was active for months before the July 25th call, and months after, including...apparently, three days ago"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

President guilani keep doing that

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Castor's pathetic as gently caress attempts to shrug off this damning evidence is hilarious.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

I am so glad this isn't boring

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

cr0y posted:

Also counsel looks like Bob Saget

Have a thing.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Well poo poo now I want Goldman to suddenly shout "YOU'RE LYING, CASTOR!" out of nowhere.

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Dec 9, 2019

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe

"Please select all the competent lawyers to continue."

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
Sorry if I missed this from earlier, but why are the other committee's lawyers testifying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

AhhYes posted:

Sorry if I missed this from earlier, but why are the other committee's lawyers testifying?

Presenting the respective party's report from the HCSI