Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

More trash for the trash fire
oh my god he is Toby

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

AhhYes posted:

Sorry if I missed this from earlier, but why are the other committee's lawyers testifying?

It's lawyers all the way down.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin
"I'm not as good of counsel."

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Doug Collins: "WHERE'S ADAM?" :saddowns:

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

should be interesting seeing goldman handle repub questions, he's been on point this entire thing

ewiley
Jul 9, 2003

Collins is a clown

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

queeb posted:

should be interesting seeing goldman handle repub questions, he's been on point this entire thing

i bet most of them are far too scared to ask, like they were too scared to ever ask any questions of any of the law profs the dems called

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Goldman: It's important context (referring to Biden getting a corrupt prosecutor in Ukraine fired)

Collins: NO IT'S NOT :saddowns:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Goldman better be ramping up with "Was there a question?"

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Oh my god who gives a gently caress about how many were issued you annoying hick!?

EDIT: Oh, Collins is miserable as gently caress about having to read, of course.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
Collins: *Asks question*
Goldman: *starts to answer*
Collins: *Interrupts* Answer the question!

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

What the hell is Collins on about

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Who showed this guy how to control f

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

Is there a poster in the back with Adam Schiff on a milk carton?

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
WHO IS THE MATCH GAME MASTERMIND?!?

Christ, Golman can just keep starting a sentence and Collins will just keep asking bullshit without waiting. He's running the clock on his own questioning.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING

actionjackson posted:

Is there a poster in the back with Adam Schiff on a milk carton?

Yep. That seems to be their whole thing today. "Where's Schiff?"

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Sombrerotron posted:

"Who ordered you to bother to lookup the phonenumbers on the other end of the subpeona"

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

was it yeeEeWWW

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Haha yeah, "everybody" is wanting to know this, "including" Collins.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

lmao... WHO DID THIS THAT I JUST THINK HAPPENED THIS WAY

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Collins: WHY DID YOU LEAK IT

Goldman: That's not a leak, sir

Collins: WHYYYYYYY :saddowns:

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Lmao what a chode

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Does he not understand that when you look at what 1 number called you get... all the others that number called?

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

lol, i think its important since he was loving knee deep in this poo poo.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

refleks posted:

Does he not understand that when you look at what 1 number called you get... all the others that number called?

No.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.

Sombrerotron posted:

He's doing two things:

- Asking for irrelevant specifics so that he can say "Oh! So you don't know what's in the report? Interesting!"
- He's also trying to establish prejudice by trying to figure out "Who asked staff to see if Nunes' numbers are on the records" (even though that's not how it works)

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

DID YOU ORDER THE CODE RED SIR

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

volts5000 posted:

He's doing two things:

- Asking for irrelevant specifics so that he can say "Oh! So you don't know what's in the report? Interesting!"
- He's also trying to establish prejudice by trying to figure out "Who asked staff to see if Nunes' numbers are on the records" (even though that's not how it works)

At this point I don't even know how it did work, regarding Nunes' phone number. I mean I know it was in the phone records, but I'm not sure how they found out it was Nunes aside from "oh hey that looks familiar"

All I do know is that whatever Collins is playing at, he's full of poo poo.

EDIT: "this affected veteran reporter John Solomon" :laffo:

AhhYes
Dec 1, 2004

* Click *
College Slice
I don't understand why Goldman didn't just say, uh no one ordered it, when you get call records the whole point is to figure out who they called around certain times. It's the whole point.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

volts5000 posted:

He's doing two things:

Yeah I sort of managed to figure that out, but good lord, would anyone who's actually on the fence be able to interpret this as an intelligible and relevant argument against impeaching Trump?

Anyway lol at Goldman's impassively staring at Collins.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Angry_Ed posted:

At this point I don't even know how it did work, regarding Nunes' phone number. I mean I know it was in the phone records, but I'm not sure how they found out it was Nunes aside from "oh hey that looks familiar"

pretty easy for people in these positions to figure out who owns a phone number, i'm not sure if it's through databases or through direct identification by the carrier but it's trivial regardless

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

AhhYes posted:

I don't understand why Goldman didn't just say, uh no one ordered it, when you get call records the whole point is to figure out who they called around certain times. It's the whole point.

Because he tried to say that (but kept getting interrupted), and also why should he have to explain himself to this piece of poo poo anyway.

eke out posted:

pretty easy for people in these positions to figure out who owns a phone number, i'm not sure if it's through databases or through direct identification by the carrier but it's trivial regardless

Also I'm guessing it's not illegal?

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

AhhYes posted:

he did say just that first part, then collins started screaming while he said the second

sim
Sep 24, 2003

WHO ORDERED INVESTIGATING THESE NUMBERS IN YOUR INVESTIGATION? Oh you won't incriminate yourself by admitting who ordered doing more discovery in this investigation!!

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Is Nunes even here? If so, why does it matter?

Oh for gently caress's sake, Gaetz.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
God Nadler, throw Gaetz’s dipshit rear end out already.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Castor: He was concerned about leaks and how this would play in Washington if the details of the call were leaked

I loving WONDER WHY YOU EMPTY-HEADED, SQUINTY PRICK.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

AhhYes posted:

He did, when Collins was asking "oh, so you just got numbers and someone had the epifany to match those numbers to people?"
And goldman said "yes that's exactly how it works'

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Arguing that the call with Zelensky was kept secret because it might give rise to what is going on now as a defence strategy is, I would posit, a very novel approach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Sombrerotron posted:

Arguing that the call with Zelensky was kept secret because it might give rise to what is going on now as a defence strategy is, I would posit, a very novel approach.

"I covered up my secret dealings with more secrets because otherwise I might be in trouble for those secrets" :downs: