Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

It's grossly cruel to intentionally maim a live animal even if it can grow back the limb you lopped off, imo
probably depends on the widespread and now thoroughly debunked myth that "lower animals"/fish/crustaceans etc. can't feel pain or are too stupid to suffer or whatever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Leperflesh posted:

It's grossly cruel to intentionally maim a live animal even if it can grow back the limb you lopped off, imo
probably depends on the widespread and now thoroughly debunked myth that "lower animals"/fish/crustaceans etc. can't feel pain or are too stupid to suffer or whatever

Was just listening to a podcast on animals that store living animals for food. Venomous moles win but those hawks that catch birds, intentionally break wings then stuff them into cracks or pits for later are a major contender for the cruelest natural behavior.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

What do you think it means, bitch?

LingcodKilla posted:

Was just listening to a podcast on animals that store living animals for food. Venomous moles win but those hawks that catch birds, intentionally break wings then stuff them into cracks or pits for later are a major contender for the cruelest natural behavior.

Yow, I think even Butcher Birds at least kill their prey first before they hang it up.

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

LingcodKilla posted:

https://www.mnn.com/earth-matters/animals/stories/falcons-found-keeping-other-birds-prisoners-eating-them in case anyone else wants to look this up.

Pokey Araya
Jan 1, 2007

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Honky Dong Country
Feb 11, 2015

Spaced God
Feb 8, 2014

All torment, trouble, wonder and amazement
Inhabits here: some heavenly power guide us
Out of this fearful country!

found on wikipedia

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Spaced God posted:

found on wikipedia

imagine four claws on the edge of a cliff. one falls off and another appears behind to take its place. crabs work the same way

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://twitter.com/derekhennen/status/1206719901311938563

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Can someone tell me how and why crabs turned into a meme animal? I keep seeing them everywhere now, I thought this was just a some people like crabs thing.

Also I went the beach and the thing about touching the tip top applies to almost every part of the crab.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Dec 17, 2019

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Flannelette posted:

Can someone tell me how and why crabs turned into a meme animal? I keep seeing them everywhere now, I thought this was just a some people like crabs thing.

Also I went the beach and the thing about touching the tip top applies to almost every part of the crab.

He's trying to give you a goddamn hug you insensitive jerk.

Debunk This!
Apr 12, 2011

dont ask me why this crab says twat but it does.

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Debunk This! posted:

dont ask me why this crab says twat but it does.

don’t google twat crab
don’t google twat crab...

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carcinisation

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
comforting to think that humans are just one step along the chain to becoming a crab

Wild T
Dec 15, 2008

The point I'm trying to make is that the only way to come out on top is to kick the Air Force in the nuts, beart it savagely with a weight and take a dump on it's face.

Spaced God posted:

found on wikipedia

When the Sun shines upon Creb, 2 – major Time points are created on opposite sides of Creb - known as Tip Top and Telly Belly. In a single snip snop, each Time corner point rotates through the other 3-corner Time points, thus creating 16 corners, 96 hours and 4-simultaneous 24-hour Days within a single rotation of Creb – equated to a Higher Order of Life Time Creb.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
the Krebs cycle is fundamental to all aerobic organisms

without krebs we could not live

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Without the Krebs cycle there would be no crebs. Really makes you think

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

https://m.imgur.com/gallery/jZbywzH

Snip snip

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

:owned:

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Every time I go to work I make new friends

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Such a jolly little fellow :3:

naem
May 29, 2011

something something joke about skipping leg day

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

SniperWoreConverse posted:

the Krebs cycle is fundamental to all aerobic organisms

without krebs we could not live

There are frankly an unreasonable number of steps and they are ALL crab

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crabs Near the Water’s Edge (c.1830)
:crab:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Check out the snippers on those bad boys

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

Any idea what the text says?

OMFG FURRY
Jul 10, 2006

[snarky comment]
probably a list of each dude who owned the scroll

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS posted:

Any idea what the text says?

They are two poems, but sadly I can't find what they say, this is the best I can do:

quote:

As the poem at the left is by the leader of the Katsushika poetry group, Bunbunsha Kanikomaru (Little Crab :crab: ), it is not surprising that the subject of this surimono is the tiny benkei crab :crab: , drawn, as customary, to appear somewhat comical. The second poem, on the right, is by the important actor and figure in Edo, Ichikawa Danjuro VII, signed Sansho the seventh, his pen name.
https://www.metmuseum.org/art/collection/search/60025486

ekuNNN fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Dec 28, 2019

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

They said I couldn't farm lobster in my Slushie machine's tank. Who's laughing now!

Pentaro
May 5, 2013

Just came back from vacations, I became friends with a master of camouflage:

There was also a mural celebrating crabbitude:

REMEMBER SPONGE MONKEYS
Oct 3, 2003

https://m.imgur.com/r/gifs/bs2XhG9

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
:crab: Crabby new year! :crab:

More like "voCRABulary", am I right? :crab:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Nice of the Kebabery to feast the crabs for New Year's. True friends of the crustacean :kimchi:

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://i.imgur.com/sgPj884.gifv

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

THE CLAWWWWW

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Merdle
Oct 17, 2007

THE GREAT MANBABY SUCCESSOR