Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

peter gabriel posted:

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▄░▐░░░▄▄░█░▀▀░░░░░░░ U HAVE BEEN DESKELETONISED BY THE
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░░▐▌▀▄▀▄▀▐▄░░░░░ STIMPIRE
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░
░░░░░█░░░░░░░░░░▐▌░░ QUOTE THIS OR BE REFACTORED

I've never felt better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

Quavers posted:

SaltEMike's Answer The Call show: "Large or Loyal Creators? Who is Better for Star Citizen's Future?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_49nxx1HS9c

RexZilla is good for Star Citizen :patriot:

At 10m30s timestamp:
SaltEMike "were you part of the Defender [ship] giveaway?"
*visible discomfort from AstroPub*

Clear, public confirmation that CIG give streamers ships for giveaways

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT
So when the hell is the holiday livestream this year?

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

Strangler 42 posted:

They didn't even have one last year, so there's no guarantee they'll do one this year either. (Despite the fact that many citizens are predicting that's when SQ42's progress will be shown.)

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

They may want to do something as damage control.

When is that BBC programme coming out?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

peter gabriel posted:

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

SelenicMartian posted:

Damage control for what? They just had record-breaking sales and the diehard fans seem to really be into the new weather effects and planet, for some reason.

There's minor rumbling about the lack of progress on SQ42 but most backers don't really give a poo poo about it anyway.

SelenicMartian posted:

That's likely to be a puff piece.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Strangler 42 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

SelenicMartian posted:

1:30am UTC on December 14th

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

No, it could easily be in hundreds of millions of dollars. It wouldn't be into a single game, sure, but many titles fill in niches that SC promises to "one day" fill completely. Be it EVE, Elite, NMS or KSP, all of those would profit tens of millions of dollars easily, some more, some less, of course. There are new space games being made right now that are completely ignored by SC whales and new players alike as they continue to pour money into the never materializing dream of BDSSE.

Well, I disagree with you opinion and I am wailing on the downvote button as I write this.

SC is a market maker. It was lucky enough to be there at the right time with the right people and the proper message. If it never happened there would be surely be other space games (maybe one by Roberts himself) but I don't think they could manage to bottle lightning like SC did. And plenty have tried.

And then, once you have that once in a lifetime lucky break you have to be BOLD and monetize the gently caress out of it without any integrity. Because plenty of the backers are spending money they would have never spent otherwise due to that boldness.

It's like that particular set of scammers that go for the really loving big fish. The ones that con bank or hedge fund managers into giving them tens of millions. It's only because they are asking for absurd quantities that they manage to con those people who, otherwise, would not have spent on your run of the mill scam (which I guess are your regular space games like NMS or elite in this lovely analogy).

So no, Elite would not have gotten significantly more money. Why would it? Braben would have not promised the required level of *dreams* and even if he did so he would not have adopted the necessary money extraction techniques required to siphon that cash.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Quavers posted:

1:30am UTC on December 14th

What the flying gently caress is this? Don't the Banu have their own drat time system?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Still amazing

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

What the flying gently caress is this? Don't the Banu have their own drat time system?

:ssh: the Banu don't exist :ssh:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Quavers posted:

At 10m30s timestamp:

Man, Baron needs to walk away from this thing. He keeps having these flare ups because CIG’s moves on to bigger (paid under the table) names. Baron is truly in the Saurus seat now and it’s not going to change. CIG isn’t the “rising tide lifts all boats” story he’d hoped it would be and CIG sure doesn’t keep open a good will ledger where all your years of streamer loyalty accrue to your favor and get reciprocated in mind.

Baron, you’re not on the ship with the crew, you were just one of many booster rockets to be spent and shed as CIG tries to get to space. You’re a one-time use machine that’s mostly out of propellant. Time to fall back to earth and hit the ocean. We’ll maybe see you in the highlight reels down the road as Chris thanks all those he’s used and forgotten while building “this dream of ours.”

I wish it weren’t so but that’s who they are, dude.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Dec 9, 2019

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Salty man is redit personified, the nasal, whiny tone of his voice and bitter vibes, I hope he carries on down his current path and turns inside out at some point, the fat jolly dude I have always liked, I don't know if it's cos of the time of year but he's what I imagine Santa to be like if he shaved, and I can't dislike him even if just for that.

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Quavers posted:

At 10m30s timestamp:

I like Mike's comment shortly after.

He's talking about not being part of such things, how his videos have changed from a year ago and how he has "grown" as a person.

I read that as "I'm no longer shilling my rear end off for CIG, i'm asking critical questions, and CIG are not going to give me any freebies because of this"

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

G0RF posted:

Man, Baron needs to walk away from this thing. He keeps having these flare ups because CIG’s moves on to bigger (paid under the table) names. Baron is truly in the Saurus seat now and it’s not going to change. CIG isn’t the “rising tide lifts all boats” story he’d hoped it would be and CIG sure doesn’t keep open a good will ledher where all your years of streamer loyalty accrue to your favor and get reciprocated in mind.

Baron, you’re not on the ship with the crew, you were just one of many booster rockets to be spent and shed as CIG tries to get to space. You’re a one-time use machine that’s mostly out of propellant. Time to fall back to earth and hit the ocean. We’ll maybe see you in the highlight reels down the road as Chris thanks all those he’s used and forgotten while building “this dream of ours.”

I wish it weren’t so but that’s who they are, dude.

God. drat. I have been reading your posts for a few years now and this is a scathing an indictment as you can get without actually committing a felony. Never once did I ever think I would see you write anything as brutal as "You're a one-time use machine". I am going to be holding on to that one for a good little while.

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

peter gabriel posted:

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░

look at those lines of code!
this must be coded in star engine

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Quavers posted:

:ssh: the Banu don't exist :ssh:

Ummmm excuse me but I watched a guy explain how to say "hello" for an hour in Banu, so clearly they must exist.

Strangler 42
Jan 8, 2007

SHAVE IT ALL OFF
ALL OF IT

Rotten Red Rod posted:

They didn't even have one last year, so there's no guarantee they'll do one this year either. (Despite the fact that many citizens are predicting that's when SQ42's progress will be shown.)

They have to have one this year, the backers already rationalized the absence of SQ42 at CITCON as them saving it for the holiday livestream. And since Sq42 is supposed to be coming out next year, I feel like there has to be at least an attempt to show something, anything soon. Even if they have to crunch for the next 3 weeks on some kind of demo or maybe just slap together a sizzle reel of cutscenes that end with "Answer the call 2020", they have to show something to affirm belief.

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

They'll probably have a ship sale but another livestream seems unlikely at this point. Any videos they produce will probably just tie into the sale, like the Top Gear parodies, unless they totally blew their load with those already.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

peter gabriel posted:

░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▐░░░░░░
░░░░░░▄▄▄░░▄██▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀█▀▌░░░░▀█▄░░░
░░░░░▐█▄█▌░░░░░░▀█▄░
░░░░░░▀▄▀░░░▄▄▄▄▄▀▀░
░░░░▄▄▄██▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░
░░░█▀▄▄▄█░▀▀░░░░░░░░
░░░▌░▄▄▄▐▌▀▀▀░░░░░░░
▀█▌░░░▄░▀█▀░▀░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▄▄▐▌▄▄░░░░░░░
░░░░░░░▀███▀█░▄░░░░░
░░░░░▐▀░░░░░░▐▌░░░░░
░░░░░░█░░░░░░░░█░░░░
░░░░░▐▌░░░░░░░░░█░░░

Squadron 57 warlording! :yeshaha:

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

G0RF posted:

Baron, you’re not on the ship with the crew, you were just one of many booster rockets to be spent and shed as CIG tries to get to space. You’re a one-time use machine that’s mostly out of propellant.

:drat:

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

Game is good again #2

https://streamable.com/eo3ry

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Strangler 42 posted:

They have to have one this year, the backers already rationalized the absence of SQ42 at CITCON as them saving it for the holiday livestream. And since Sq42 is supposed to be coming out next year, I feel like there has to be at least an attempt to show something, anything soon. Even if they have to crunch for the next 3 weeks on some kind of demo or maybe just slap together a sizzle reel of cutscenes that end with "Answer the call 2020", they have to show something to affirm belief.

They don't have to show poo poo. Chris could start a livestream with 40 minutes of dead air before walking on-stage backwards and ripping a 40-second-long wet fart, then cutting to black and backers would fall all over themselves at this point. Their reactions have no grounding in reality and every failure will be met by further rationalizations right up until the day the website is turned off.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

DapperDon posted:

God. drat. I have been reading your posts for a few years now and this is a scathing an indictment as you can get without actually committing a felony. Never once did I ever think I would see you write anything as brutal as "You're a one-time use machine". I am going to be holding on to that one for a good little while.

I don’t mean it as an insult to Baron at all. He’s an alright guy and certainly has been one of their more charismatic streamers. It’s an indictment of CIG’s attitudes and behaviors toward the loyalists who promoted their game on Twitch for years. I just don’t understand why he can’t see just how opportunistic CIG has been with their longtime streamers. Baron wants his loyalty to matter, to mean something. But it doesn’t, it can’t, it never will.

CIG would rather pay cash money under the table to a Johnny come lately buttrock bro who screams “I’m ready to spend $20000 on this game - IM READY TO SPEND IT ALL!” than reward the guys who GAVE THEM THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ALREADY and dedicated years of his life to the game.

Baron and others in that boat seem still blinded by sentimentality. It keeps them from seeing Chris, Sandi and Lando’s essentially mercenary natures. Sandi herself summed it up so crisply: “We have customers who’ve spent thousands of dollars. But sometimes they whine, and complain, and get a little entitled.”

And even if Sandi’s gone, that spirit lives on.

Back when Ben Lesnick was the liaison to streamers, sentimentality and loyalty actually carried the day a lot of the time. Just look at how much time and access Lensick gave to Batgirl, and what a bounty of great material that produced for her and for history. It’s pretty staggering. Whatever his faults, Ben placed a high premium on those loyal to Chris’s legacy. It mattered to him.

That era is long over. We will never see its return and indeed, CIG deeply regrets it ever even happened, knowing now how incriminating so much of the archival is. It’s now purely about eyeballs, about hyping casuals into that first hit of spaceship crack — if they can muscle it. Any longtime streamer who for reasons of conscience says things like “wait for the free fly” or “you only have to spend $45” or “don’t buy ships when you can earn them in game” is NOT A TEAM PLAYER.

It’s a tough pill to swallow if you’d been hoping to make a career out of streaming SC and you were hoping your longtime loyalty mattered. Yes, they got in before nearly any of else streamed it, and yes, they spent fortunes on ships and travel to fan events. It should count for something, and if Chris was a better sort of person, it might. But he isn’t, and sadly, the audiences such streamers have managed to build up demand loyalty to Chris regardless of his disloyalty to his longtime evangelists.

So the choice is “stay in line and grind it out for peanuts while you watch CIG pay bigger players to flack the game” or “become a heretic by stating the obvious and lose what little you’ve built up to those very same bigger players.”

It sucks. But that’s sadly what Star Citizen is because that’s who Chris, Sandi, and Lando are. I hope that Baron finds a better, funner game to invest in, just as CIG found faker, louder streamers to invest in.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

hey that actually looked kinda nice for a few seconds
then he looked down and we saw those awful loving normal maps from 2008
then the ship exploded
then we saw how comically tiling the snow texture is

early days

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

trucutru posted:

Well, I disagree with you opinion and I am wailing on the downvote button as I write this.

SC is a market maker. It was lucky enough to be there at the right time with the right people and the proper message. If it never happened there would be surely be other space games (maybe one by Roberts himself) but I don't think they could manage to bottle lightning like SC did. And plenty have tried.

And then, once you have that once in a lifetime lucky break you have to be BOLD and monetize the gently caress out of it without any integrity. Because plenty of the backers are spending money they would have never spent otherwise due to that boldness.

It's like that particular set of scammers that go for the really loving big fish. The ones that con bank or hedge fund managers into giving them tens of millions. It's only because they are asking for absurd quantities that they manage to con those people who, otherwise, would not have spent on your run of the mill scam (which I guess are your regular space games like NMS or elite in this lovely analogy).

So no, Elite would not have gotten significantly more money. Why would it? Braben would have not promised the required level of *dreams* and even if he did so he would not have adopted the necessary money extraction techniques required to siphon that cash.

I beg to differ, for a single reason - I never said "significantly" (or rather it depends on what you cover with that term). Elite so far made roughly 70 million GBP (or 90M USD), from my rough calculations. Even 5 M more would help development significantly, though, especially around 2012 - 2014, when it had the biggest chance to get them, and from then on we'd see increased profit over time, easily into 10 - 20 M USD over the time. But alas, that spotlight was stolen by SC.

Also I beg to differ in the dreams description part. You only see the required level, because you have it compared to SC already. If you took away SC promises and took only the initial Elite pitch video by Braben, it's basically the same, just without a cool demo made by Crytek (TM) - it has ships, galaxy, multiple gameplay loops, FP gameplay, etc. Yes, it says stuff like first person will come in years, but it deffo promises them. Without SC pitch, this would seem way bigger than it was at the time.

The only thing DB probably didn't realize is that fake demos and lies sell tens to hundreds of millions of copies / jpegs, as shown by CI/HG.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Sarsapariller posted:

They don't have to show poo poo. Chris could start a livestream with 40 minutes of dead air before walking on-stage backwards and ripping a 40-second-long wet fart, then cutting to black and backers would fall all over themselves at this point. Their reactions have no grounding in reality and every failure will be met by further rationalizations right up until the day the website is turned off.
It's an interesting inversion of dreams.txt to wonder how winnowed the self-selected pool of idiots is against what is necessary to get them to stop pledging. Would they lose any if Chris did that, or are we already down to the zealots who will accept any abuse on their way to...

Well, I think it's a mistake to imply anything is going anywhere with this. I've been following this thread for two, two and a half years maybe and nothing has actually changed with star citizen. Even goons don't seem to really learn anything.

Some number of pages ago Beet was talking about the "premise" of the game being cool. drat it, beet. Just drat it.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

G0RF posted:

I don’t mean it as an insult to Baron at all. He’s an alright guy and certainly has been one of their more charismatic streamers. It’s an indictment of CIG’s attitudes and behaviors toward the loyalists who promoted their game on Twitch for years. I just don’t understand why he can’t see just how opportunistic CIG has been with their longtime streamers. Baron wants his loyalty to matter, to mean something. But it doesn’t, it can’t, it never will.

CIG would rather pay cash money under the table to a Johnny come lately buttrock bro who screams “I’m ready to spend $20000 on this game - IM READY TO SPEND IT ALL!” than reward the guys who GAVE THEM THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS ALREADY and dedicated years of his life to the game.

Baron and others in that boat seem still blinded by sentimentality. It keeps them from seeing Chris, Sandi and Lando’s essentially mercenary natures. Sandi herself summed it up so crisply: “We have customers who’ve spent thousands of dollars. But sometimes they whine, and complain, and get a little entitled.”

And even if Sandi’s gone, that spirit lives on.

Back when Ben Lesnick was the liaison to streamers, sentimentality and loyalty actually carried the day a lot of the time. Just look at how much time and access Lensick gave to Batgirl, and what a bounty of great material that produced for her and for history. It’s pretty staggering. Whatever his faults, Ben placed a high premium on those loyal to Chris’s legacy. It mattered to him.

That era is long over. We will never see its return and indeed, CIG deeply regrets it ever even happened, knowing now how incriminating so much of the archival is. It’s now purely about eyeballs, about hyping casuals into that first hit of spaceship crack — if they can muscle it. Any longtime streamer who for reasons of conscience says things like “wait for the free fly” or “you only have to spend $45” or “don’t buy ships when you can earn them in game” is NOT A TEAM PLAYER.

It’s a tough pill to swallow if you’d been hoping to make a career out of streaming SC and you were hoping your longtime loyalty mattered. Yes, they got in before nearly any of else streamed it, and yes, they spent fortunes on ships and travel to fan events. It should count for something, and if Chris was a better sort of person, it might. But he isn’t, and sadly, the audiences such streamers have managed to build up demand loyalty to Chris regardless of his disloyalty to his longtime evangelists.

So the choice is “stay in line and grind it out for peanuts while you watch CIG pay bigger players to flack the game” or “become a heretic by stating the obvious and lose what little you’ve built up to those very same bigger players.”

It sucks. But that’s sadly what Star Citizen is because that’s who Chris, Sandi, and Lando are. I hope that Baron finds a better, funner game to invest in, just as CIG found faker, louder streamers to invest in.

Woke Gorf is Best Gorf.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

~~~//*** Frame rates keep dropping near my ship... watch how it flies, almost like it's just NOCLIP
but I'll never get the game I want. No complainin'.
This poo poo ain't freeeeeeeeee. Chris keeps on stealing from meeeeeeeee.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Sarsapariller posted:

They don't have to show poo poo.

If they finally show procedural birds I'll be forced to join the cult.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

:lol:

I take it all back.

Star Citizen is good and Chris is saving PC gaming.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

trucutru posted:

If they finally show procedural birds I'll be forced to join the cult.

Procedural birds, Sataball and drink mixing are the holy trinity for me. I’m cashing in my mutual funds to buy JPEGs the second they make it to the PU.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

I logged onto Elite after a little more than a year away last night. When I left off, I had been hunting Guardian components out in the far reaches of space. I was curious what the game would look like with my new VR headset, and what they'd added in the last year of updates. The answers, respectively, were loving stunning, and:

* Alien invasions and conflict zones
* Two new ships that fill some interesting roles
* Amazing new asteroid mining mechanics
* Exploration mechanics that actually blew me away- I love running around and twiddling my radio for new planets now
* A new thing called the Codex which I guess shows you the stuff you've explored?
* Squadrons which basically sounds like guild management features
* Scenarios which are apparently some kind of randomly-occurring events but with actual scripts and voice acting
* A new starter experience and training sims that can now be run while in the cockpit in the main game
* A pilot's handbook with a bunch of mechanic explanations
* The galaxy map actually works in VR now, amazing
* The ship UI has changed dramatically and is much easier to interact with now
* A supercruise assist module that will autopilot the ship around if you aren't confident in doing that
* A whole "Newb friendly" section of planets that high tier gankers can't get into
* Real Money Transactions (Gag gag gag)

And then also a year's worth of polish and bug fixes. For a game that's been released for like, 5 years now! It's just shameful how little CIG actually produces in a year.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

And then also a year's worth of polish and bug fixes. For a game that's been released for like, 5 years now! It's just shameful how little CIG actually produces in a year.

CIG deals in temporal anomalies by adding the polish before they add something to polish. We're how many years in and they're bragging about weather effects? In a "game" that still has no flight model and "ships" that are just 3D models standing in as a placeholder texture for the level editing camera. Not a single idea or vision in the vacuum of Chris's head; just a constant sucking noise that pulls dollar bills from the wallets of the broken into his ever-growing monument to oblivion.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

colonelwest posted:

Procedural birds, Sataball and drink mixing are the holy trinity for me. I’m cashing in my mutual funds to buy JPEGs the second they make it to the PU.

Can't wait to see reddit going all "See? See!? It was all a Goon ploy to force CIG to implement the features they wanted!" over this.

iron buns
Jan 12, 2016

quote:

Convincing naysayers is the last thing we should care about. gently caress them, they wanna hate based on incomplete and obsolete knowledge? Go for it. Keeps them out of the game and out of the community.

quote:

I would love for the game to become so good to the point that haters end up wanting to play it, and then are not allowed to.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

iron buns posted:

I would love for the game to become so good to the point that haters end up wanting to play it, and then are not allowed to.

This is the weirdest one to me. It's basically the fundamental tenet of western religions - punish people for not having blind faith when there was nothing but contrary evidence, and if they do come around once the evidence becomes convincing, turn them away. It's anti-scientific-method in its most distilled form: believe the opposite of what the evidence says or you will be punished, and it's being touted by people who claim to want a science-fiction fidelity space shooty game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Strangler 42 posted:

They won't have one until the holiday sale is over. They need to move ships before they dump a bucket of ice-cold water on the backers with the sq42 news.

... Unless they are going to lie their teeth off on a most spectacular fashion and double down on the beta on 2020.