Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Retro42 posted:

If it makes anyone feel better, MSNBC cut off live coverage right as Gaetz time started.

Kind of does, just a bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Retro42 posted:

If it makes anyone feel better, MSNBC cut off live coverage right as Gaetz time started.

Cut off Gaetz for Jim Comey. If that isn't a "gently caress you" I don't know what is.

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Is this Saturday document dump a real thing, or are they just making poo poo up again?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
I feel like Swalwell is enjoying himself here, just reducing Castor to mumbling like Simon from Frisky Dingo.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006

Angry_Ed posted:

I feel like Swalwell is enjoying himself here, just reducing Castor to mumbling like Simon from Frisky Dingo.

Really enjoyed Swalwell cutting off Castor with the answer to his own question regarding Trump’s visits with Putin.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
And now from Swalwell we go to Andy Biggs complaining about hearsay so ...drink.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Why are the GOP complaining about the Democratic council?

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

ummel posted:

Is this Saturday document dump a real thing, or are they just making poo poo up again?

I'd like to know this as well. The House Judiciary Committee released a report in impeachment Saturday, but I don't know of anything else that was released then. And that was only a few hundred pages that news organizations certainly had no issue going through the day it was released.

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

SalTheBard posted:

Why are the GOP complaining about the Democratic council?

I might be wrong but, both committees could pick a council the democrats picked a different person for both while the republicans picked the same guy for both.
After the first round the council that was acting as witness moved back to his council seat and questioned the witnesses in the next round

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
This mother fucker...

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
The will of the people picked someone ulse by about 2 million votes guy.
Also, does the 2018 election not count?

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
McClintock (R - CA) is talking about the GOP now, right?

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
"DEMOCRATS WANT TO CHANGE THE 2016 ELECTIONS A BLOOBLOOBLOO" :qq:

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit
Has Gym ever actually said why he never wears his suit jacket anymore? He catches poo poo for it on SNL and from members of Congress, and he isnt even doing much today, but he still cant seem to wear an entire suit

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
Comparing this to the Civil War lol

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

HootTheOwl posted:

Also, does the 2018 election not count?

No. They voted for democrats, so the vote was biased and wrong.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

US Foreign Policy posted:

Has Gym ever actually said why he never wears his suit jacket anymore? He catches poo poo for it on SNL and from members of Congress, and he isnt even doing much today, but he still cant seem to wear an entire suit

He made some dumbass joke about how he can't get worked up with it on.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

This lady, goddamn

e. lol "good heavens"

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

What the gently caress was that? "Good heavens, no"

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

refleks posted:

What the gently caress was that? "Good heavens, no"

Horrible overacting

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

US Foreign Policy posted:

the only place he likes to jacket is in the gym shower

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Gorson posted:

Haha...impotence.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
Going on vacation to Burismama to experience their covfefe culture

US Foreign Policy
Jan 5, 2006

Things to liberate:
You
Your shit

Gorson posted:

Oh good he's a cartoon character who can't figure out glasses and needs to be able to hulk out. Expectations: met

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

quote:

Abortion

Lesko is pro-life.[21] She has proposed legislation to give employers religious exemptions from providing contraceptives in health insurance plans.[22][23][24] She has proposed legislation that would allow health officials to conduct warrantless and unannounced inspections of abortion clinics, like they do for all other health institutions in the state, which critics said undermined the privacy of patients at the clinics.[25]

Economy, taxes and regulation

Lesko has said that she would have voted for the Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017, the Republican Party's 2017 tax overhaul.[26] She favors a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution, and said that "on the federal level, there has to be a lot of areas where we can cut spending."[26]

In 2017, Lesko championed legislation that would allow payday lenders to provide loans at interest rates as high as 164% a year (the previous maximum was 36%).[27][28]

In 2016, she opposed efforts to increase the minimum wage in Arizona to $10 by 2017 and then to $12 by 2020.[29]

Education

Lesko favors empowering private schools and charter schools.[30]

Environment and energy

Asked at a debate involving seven candidates in January 2018 whether she believed that humans contribute to climate change, Lesko did not raise her hand.[31] After a long pause, she said that the question was "loaded" and added, "Is some of it, maybe, human-caused? Possibly. But certainly not the majority of it. I think it just goes through cycles and it has to do a lot with the sun. So no, I'm not a global warming proponent."[31]

In 2016, Lesko crafted a measure that would give state utilities in Arizona the right to charge separate rates for customers who produced their own energy through solar panels.[32] Lesko crafted the measure with the assistance of utilities.[32]

Gun control

Lesko opposes changes to existing gun laws, saying "I think there's enough laws. The laws need to be enforced."[26]

Health care

Lesko has said she opposes "universal health coverage" and favors repealing the Affordable Care Act (Obamacare).[26] She opposed Arizona's expansion of Medicaid coverage and sued former Arizona governor Jan Brewer after she expanded Medicaid.[33]

Immigration

During her 2018 campaign, Lesko made the construction of a border wall on the Mexico border the centerpiece of her campaign, and she pledged to back the Trump administration's hardline positions on border security and immigration reform.[34][35][30]

LGBT rights

Lesko strongly opposes the Equality Act, a bill that would expand the federal Civil Rights Act of 1964 to ban discrimination based on sexual orientation and gender identity. She urged Congress members to vote against the bill.[36]

Emphasis mine. Are these "people" hatched? Cloned?

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Jayapal is legit one of my favorite members of congress

actionjackson
Jan 12, 2003

lol at this fat fuckin chud

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
even his colleagues are probably embarrassed by how shameless he is

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

it's too bad we don't have Chris Farley for the SNL parody here. :smith:

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Good time management thumbface

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

goldman's face right before he explained that the 'no quid pro quo!' line was a lie and there WAS absolutely quid pro quo

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

I just came in, why is Nadler sitting behind a "Ms. Scanlon" placard? Or was that a weird camera angle on CSPAN3?

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

HEARSAYYYYY

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

LtStorm posted:

I just came in, why is Nadler sitting behind a "Ms. Scanlon" placard? Or was that a weird camera angle on CSPAN3?

Nadler hosed off for a while Scanlon took over for about 30 minutes then he came back and they didn't move her nametag off the center chair yet.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

This guy is lucky the camera is above him, because his face features are all out of scale...

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Nadler hosed off for a while Scanlon took over for about 30 minutes then he came back and they didn't move her nametag off the center chair yet.

Interesting, I guess that was allowed since the GOP isn't still yelling about it instead of asking questions.

refleks
Nov 21, 2006

Dont think there is any requirement any members have to show up? You can see empty chairs all the time

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

LtStorm posted:

Interesting, I guess that was allowed since the GOP isn't still yelling about it instead of asking questions.

It's a basic, normal function of committees for when the chair has to go take a pee or go vote or whatever

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

i believe we're now at no republicans left to ask questions, so they;'ve probably all left

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

idiotsavant posted:

It's a basic, normal function of committees for when the chair has to go take a pee or go vote or whatever

Yeah, that makes sense.

Ahaha, yeah, talk to Castor then stop him before he's done stumbling over the start of his answer.

e: Watching Joe Neguse (D-CO) hypnotically bounce in his chair.

LtStorm fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Dec 9, 2019