Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
He's farming cabbages now. Who is going to run this place though? I propose a system of four admins, two senior and two junior, each duo ruling a section of the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

And he didn't even post a huge ranting ban me in GBS or anything. Go out on your shield at the very least.

AMISH FRIED PIES
Mar 6, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'll bring this in because it says the thing about FAU better than I could:

Addamere posted:

hi im not trans and im only here because of the fau drama to chime in and say fau is like the ur-example of a woke liberal fake ally who is not at all interested in actually making things better for anyone but instead would really love it if everyone would just get along and accept the status quo and say nice things about him for expressing such an opinion, and this is very obviously evidenced in his choice to give up his star when called out on stuff under his watch instead of change it and now to take his ball and go home when confronted about his past behaviours

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

FAU self-banned when nobody told him to do so. He drove himself out.

But seriously, that spite avatar he has is awful.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
he pulled a john boehner and the hosed up thing is that's worked out great for boehner, so godspeed fau. find happiness, dude. boehner did it smoking weed in an RV so it's an established possibility.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

That's one of the stupidest posts I've ever read.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

If a person finds it easier to leave the forums forever than to just stop defending hate speech maybe they aren't as cool as their posting persona seems?

purple death ray has a new favorite as of 22:53 on Dec 9, 2019

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

AMISH FRIED PIES posted:

absolutely unhinged lmao

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ruflux posted:

This kind of seems like the inevitable conclusion, yes. It's dumb too since FAU wasn't even an admin anymore but he was still driven out. And yeah yeah, he was definitely biased on the whole FYAD thing and when that came up earlier in this thread I laughed at his response, especially after his post in QCS today. But he wasn't a horrible trashfire of a poster who continually does harm to the forums or whatever, and the fact he ended up feeling like he should autoban and just leave is honestly a bit sad. He didn't deserve it.

FAU was not "driven out". He went into the TGRS trans thread to try and justify his defense of transphobes, and they didn't accept that apology because they aren't obligated to.

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

Who What Now posted:

In this very thread not too many pages ago FAU was denied that he ever protected or excused FYAD. And then the second there's anyone saying there's a problem with FYAD he shows up to defend their pure maiden honor.

That's what I saw him do in a couple other threads this year....it seemed just as weird and manipulative as FYAD's constant astroturfing in QCS (which can only happen as long as people in each thread keep failing to notice their presence)

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Reminder that whenever you see the following posters in QCS:

jay z's sedan
woozy pawsies
I.N.R.I
Daikatana Ritsu
Skip My Posts
serious norman
ArfJason
dionysian
little munchkin
apropos to nothing
ol yeller
pog boyfriend
folder
Triticum Guzzler
large hands
spb
Crime on a Dime
nightbae smokewheat
Skylark
scary ghost dog
malibu anime
In Training
Chilled Cactus
general anime
A FUCKIN BONG BOMB
Chill Callahan
Grandmother of Five
Jack Daniels
tyler
yeah actually they will

That they arrived there from the same thread in FYAD, and not as neutral observers who are independently offering a thread their private opinion.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
i've never even clicked on fyad and don't know what it is but it's super disingenuous to say that posters who have a vested interest in thing can't post about it, but other posts who have a vested interest in thing in other way, can. the admins ultimately make the decisions and they're supposed to hear stuff to learn what the gently caress is going on.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

The FYAD Astroturfing

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

i think FAU shouldn't have autobanned because he could work on his poo poo and be here at the same time if he wanted to

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

Saint Isaias Boner posted:

i think FAU shouldn't have autobanned because he could work on his poo poo and be here at the same time if he wanted to

:same:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

I think we should probably go ahead and give the boot to all the """"""""""""""""""""ironic"""""""""""""""""""" transphobes, and perhaps also to anyone who went into the QCS thread about them and poo poo it up with "well, what about a bunch of unrelated poo poo, huh? this thread is about that now!"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

That's not his responsibility, though, and it is an essential human freedom for people to not have to post here.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Pick posted:

That's not his responsibility, though, and it is an essential human freedom for people to not have to post here.

Last page you were complaining that he was run out, now you're saying that it was his decision and his alone. Which is it?

(it's the second one :ssh:)

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Ariong posted:

Last page you were complaining that he was run out, now you're saying that it was his decision and his alone. Which is it?

(it's the second one :ssh:)

I am sad he's gone but saying he should stay but do a bunch of other stuff to do that... that's work he has the right to choose not to do.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Posting should be mandatory. Ban anyone with less than a 1/1 post per day ratio.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Pick posted:

I am sad he's gone but saying he should stay but do a bunch of other stuff to do that... that's work he has the right to choose not to do.

Nobody's saying he didn't have a right to autoban. Obviously. They are, and I am, saying they disagree with his decision to do so.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Pick posted:

he's got every right to do whatever he wants, but he's a pillar of this goony society and it's a shame for him to go out that way, so quickly. maybe he should have slept on it idk

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

This is correct. I'm very sorry to everyone. The truth is this: I am astonishingly bad at seeing my own patterns, or at emotional self-regulation. My goal in self-banning wasn't to attack anyone for not accepting my apologies. I was genuinely just upset because I do care how my decisions affect others - I'm just not good at understanding them. I made a stupid, impulsive decision because I am not super mature emotionally. I do need to work on overcoming these biases, and I don't want to appear that I'm running from that work. I just freaked out and did something stupid in response to something else stupid I did. I'll spend more time working on myself, and less time apologizing for my decisions. That's probably a better use of time for everyone.

Unfortunately, I also can't unban my original account because I have forgotten the associated email. This may be irony.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

these forums fuckin own lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think being an admin or mod is an unhealthy situation to put a human being in and that maybe we need to remember that admins and mods are normal people and think of how we'd approach these mistakes if we saw them in like a cubicle trying to figure this stuff out while in a human body being the human they are.

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Crocoswine posted:

these forums fuckin own lol
They're number one drama central.

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Pick posted:

I think being an admin or mod is an unhealthy situation to put a human being in and that maybe we need to remember that admins and mods are normal people and think of how we'd approach these mistakes if we saw them in like a cubicle trying to figure this stuff out while in a human body being the human they are.

admins and mods are not normal in any conventional sense of the word but they do have feelings and im personally sorry for all the times i put pressure on them for my own sick amusement

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Glad you’re back man. It was a rough (checks notes) 45 minutes

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
This forum is incredibly stupid but it's fun to read it all.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

FAU posted:

This is correct. I'm very sorry to everyone. The truth is this: I am astonishingly bad at seeing my own patterns, or at emotional self-regulation. My goal in self-banning wasn't to attack anyone for not accepting my apologies. I was genuinely just upset because I do care how my decisions affect others - I'm just not good at understanding them. I made a stupid, impulsive decision because I am not super mature emotionally. I do need to work on overcoming these biases, and I don't want to appear that I'm running from that work. I just freaked out and did something stupid in response to something else stupid I did. I'll spend more time working on myself, and less time apologizing for my decisions. That's probably a better use of time for everyone.

Unfortunately, I also can't unban my original account because I have forgotten the associated email. This may be irony.

Lmao how's your frickin Monday going, forums dot something awful dot com

Ibogaine
Aug 11, 2015

admins and mods are not normal in any conventional sense of the word but they do have feelings and im personally sorry for all the times i put pressure on them for my own sick amusement

I genuinely feel the same way. For what it's worth, FAU, I too am sorry for the times back when I pushed too hard and made the job of mods and admins here unneccesarily strainful.

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

purple death ray posted:

Well, I've been off my Citalopram for a couple days because the pharmacy was closed, so, you know. That probably contributed. It's a pretty low dose but there's a reason I'm on an anti-anxiety med!

edit: Kiwifarms or whatever other offsites, feel free to add this to your spreadsheets

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

purple death ray posted:

been one garfield-rear end monday to be sure

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Who What Now posted:

FAU was not "driven out". He went into the TGRS trans thread to try and justify his defense of transphobes, and they didn't accept that apology because they aren't obligated to.

I was gonna say "yeah you're right, that was a bad choice of words" because it was ultimately FAU's own decision even if I thought he was kind of pushed into a corner where the only reasonable choice would be to bow out for a while, but now he came back and I only think it was a stupid autoban from just about any perspective

That said he went into the thread because people were calling him out there. I think it's pretty reasonable to respond to people doing that even if in this particular case it was a bad call.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
See, these problems tend to work themselves out.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
This is like Death of Stalin but Stalin just woke back up

And we don't really have a Beria mod since Aatrek but details are details

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

FAU posted:

hosed up if true

For what it's worth, you don't need to publicly self-flagellate for every mistake you make. Just accept that missteps were made, apologize if necessary, and take a breather when things get tough. Maybe step away from the keyboard for a bit.

DemoneeHo has a new favorite as of 23:21 on Dec 9, 2019

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

DemoneeHo posted:

For what it's worth, you don't to self-flagellate for every mistake you make. Just accept that missteps were made, apologize if necessary, and take a breather when things get tough. Maybe step away from the keyboard for a bit.
It's real slow going for me, but at least I know what to bring up with my therapist next time!

Ruflux
Jun 16, 2012

Also, if you autoban you have to wait at least two days before you come back. It's the rules.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FAU posted:

Well, I've been off my Citalopram for a couple days because the pharmacy was closed, so, you know. That probably contributed. It's a pretty low dose but there's a reason I'm on an anti-anxiety med!

edit: Kiwifarms or whatever other offsites, feel free to add this to your spreadsheets

poo poo, that sucks and I'm genuinely sorry that happened, because it's happened to me before. You can sometimes have your pharmacist call to other pharmacies, even ones owned by other companies, and have them ask if you can be given a few days' supply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Who What Now posted:

poo poo, that sucks and I'm genuinely sorry that happened, because it's happened to me before. You can sometimes have your pharmacist call to other pharmacies, even ones owned by other companies, and have them ask if you can be given a few days' supply.
It's okay. I could have just not run into QCS to stick my foot in it, too. That's the option I keep trying and failing to come back to.