Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

kiimo posted:

Well it will be available in whatever library the cover exists in

You think somebody licensed an 'epic trailer' remix of New Order previously just in case a movie would want to use it?

I've only seen people posting uploads of the original with a Wonder Woman image on top, so I'm guessing that it hasn't been out in the world before yesterday.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Dec 9, 2019

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Teenage Fansub posted:

You think somebody licensed an 'epic trailer' remix of New Order previously just in case a movie would want to use it?

I've only seen people posting uploads of the original with a Wonder Woman image on top, so I'm guessing that it hasn't been out in the world before yesterday.

There are two ways covers happen for trailers. Either the library creates a cover on their own and then the A/V vendor chooses it or the production hires the library to create one.

In this case the library is Position Music and the composer is Sebastian Bohm. If you search the Position library this isn't even the only New Order cover they have on there, they also have a Bizarre Love Triangle cover, just waiting for some production to license it.

Here's what Position told me after I said their cover is the talk of the town today: "It’s actually not up on the website yet but the artist/composer is Sebastian Bohm and it’s a cover of Blue Monday. Thanks for the nice feedback too! We were thrilled with how it turned out"

So there you go, just have to wait for them to upload it. Probably won't take long with the buzz being generated.

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Thanks kiimo you're the best!!!

Edit: Position Music's Youtube account from an hour ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zhnrM3LW9Y

Sirotan fucked around with this message at 23:45 on Dec 9, 2019

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

There are two ways covers happen for trailers. Either the library creates a cover on their own and then the A/V vendor chooses it or the production hires the library to create one.

In this case the library is Position Music and the composer is Sebastian Bohm. If you search the Position library this isn't even the only New Order cover they have on there, they also have a Bizarre Love Triangle cover, just waiting for some production to license it.

Here's what Position told me after I said their cover is the talk of the town today: "It’s actually not up on the website yet but the artist/composer is Sebastian Bohm and it’s a cover of Blue Monday. Thanks for the nice feedback too! We were thrilled with how it turned out"

So there you go, just have to wait for them to upload it. Probably won't take long with the buzz being generated.

You're a hero.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Sirotan posted:

Thanks kiimo you're the best!!!

Edit: Position Music's Youtube account from an hour ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zhnrM3LW9Y

Man it'd be tough to make a bad trailer with this cover. It loving rules.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Nice! I keep forgetting to check youtube accounts, a lot of libraries put their stuff up there quickly.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Man it'd be tough to make a bad trailer with this cover. It loving rules.

Agreed. This cover is so loving rad.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Ghostbusters trailer looks weeeeeeeeeeeeak.

Just watch this instead. Far more entertaining.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tdyU_gW6WE

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

ghostbusters that weak libertarian poo poo since time immemorial

DorianGravy
Sep 12, 2007

It's neat that Steve is the fish-out-of-water in this one, since Wonder Woman was a bit out of her element in the first one. Now she gets to catch him up about modern society.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Is it okay to see the last Ghostbusters movie wasn't funny, or does that make you hate women?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

It's not okay to freak out about the casting but in retrospect it's okay to admit it was bad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
there are no good ghostbusters movies... only a good video game... hehe he he he

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Firstborn posted:

Is it okay to see the last Ghostbusters movie wasn't funny, or does that make you hate women?

It's okay to think it, saying it out loud is pretty suspect though. Might as well flash an ok sign or say Brie Larsen "lacks charisma" as you do it.

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

Firstborn posted:

I didn't like it, but I also think the original movies are overrated :)

Kate McKinnon is the most talented modern day SNL cast member and I don't remember a goddamn thing about her character other than she wore goggles?

I'll probably catch the new one since it was filmed around town, including at a friend's apartment building, and I also sat in on a Q&A with Jason and Ivan Reitman while TRIPPING BALLS on LSD.

Cacator fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Dec 10, 2019

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Patrick Spens posted:

It's okay to think it, saying it out loud is pretty suspect though. Might as well flash an ok sign or say Brie Larsen "lacks charisma" as you do it.

It seems pretty weak to posit the idea that stating you didn't like a controversial movie is actually indicating that you're really a fascist.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

The original Ghostbusters was just an "ok" movie anyways. Treating it like it's some landmark film that fostered a billion dollar franchise with a storied history is hilarious.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Taintrunner posted:

It seems pretty weak to posit the idea that stating you didn't like a controversial movie is actually indicating that you're really a fascist.

That sounds like something a fascist would say

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

teagone posted:

The original Ghostbusters was just an "ok" movie anyways. Treating it like it's some landmark film that fostered a billion dollar franchise with a storied history is hilarious.

It's a product of its time that has held up remarkably well, but gets talked about in hushed tones for some reason, probably due to a combination of nostalgia and Bill Murray worship.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

teagone posted:

The original Ghostbusters was just an "ok" movie anyways.

Pfft!

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

is the sound of my fart when I think of Ghostbusters

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

teagone posted:

Your mother!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

teagone posted:

GB84 was the 6th biggest film of the 80s, coming just behind Raiders of the Lost Ark and Batman. It was insanely popular in its day.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I love the Wonder Woman trailer. But it's not exactly subtle about introducing an 80's blonde rich bad guy, destroying a wall, and immediately follow that shot with WW fighting people in the White House.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
If she doesn't punch Regan in a copy of the Captain America/Hitler cover it's not going far enough.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

If Superman and Wonderwoman had any good in their hearts they would raze the governments immediately

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Ghostbusters, like Men in Black, is a concept that works better as a TV show. Or cartoon, in both cases.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

GrandpaPants posted:

Ghostbusters, like Men in Black, is a concept that works better as a TV show. Or cartoon, in both cases.

Yeah, and make sure it has a gorilla and a talking car!

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

thrawn527 posted:

I love the Wonder Woman trailer. But it's not exactly subtle about introducing an 80's blonde rich bad guy, destroying a wall, and immediately follow that shot with WW fighting people in the White House.

"I must stop you, evil villain, though you were correct in recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. gg."

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

GB84 was the 6th biggest film of the 80s, coming just behind Raiders of the Lost Ark and Batman. It was insanely popular in its day.

I was speaking to its quality as a genre movie, not its place in the 80s cultural zeitgeist.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Vagabundo posted:

It's a product of its time that has held up remarkably well, but gets talked about in hushed tones for some reason, probably due to a combination of nostalgia and Bill Murray Rick Moranis worship.

If there's one thing that holds up in both Spaceballs and Ghostbusters it's that every scene involving Rick Moranis is gold.

Punc
Nov 3, 2009

Ass to Ass.

kiimo posted:

Coming out of lurking to say that this is a really cool site. Also, the Ghostbuster trailer looks complete and utter poo poo.

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

davidspackage posted:

"I must stop you, evil villain, though you were correct in recognizing Jerusalem as the capital of Israel. gg."

lol

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

teagone posted:

i'm not a fan of the Ghostbusters franchise by any means but the original movie is really really good and this is wrong

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

DC Murderverse posted:

i'm not a fan of the Ghostbusters franchise by any means but the original movie is really really good and this is wrong

You're both right. The original, and sequel, are comedies utterly devoid of pretension about schlub exterminators. While beloved for great reason they aren't prime material for a mythos, a deep and meaningful legend spanning generations and so many miles. The trailer paints a picture of a film with a deep reverence not for anything belonging to its own world but for the movies which precede it in the franchise which it is a part. Treating the material with such gravity is precisely like some dumdum taking their fandom too seriously.

:shrug:

GHOSTBUSTERS could well handle an ARMY OF DARKNESS type treatment where Just Some Guy(s) becomes some savior and everything is purposely schlocky and overwrought but Sony or whoever seem tyrannically devoted to very boring takes.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug
The whole, "Ghostbusting as family legacy thing" is weird yeah. The first movie worked because they were just schmucks who stumbled into it.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-D4vPkpy8Y

First thought: couldn't they get at least one person to do a plausible South African accent? Second thought: Harry Potter and the prisoner of Zwavelpoort.

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Afriscipio posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-D4vPkpy8Y

First thought: couldn't they get at least one person to do a plausible South African accent? Second thought: Harry Potter and the prisoner of Zwavelpoort.

I think it's a good thing about a movie in South Africa if the number of black actors is the same as the number of times the protagonist is referred to as "the white Mandela."

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Carey Mulligan :swoon:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZQpclS3tO4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Yessss that looks amazingly cathartic.