Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

what the gently caress is he wearing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

You'll pay for this, Shady Shrew!

eke out posted:

Yeah, I want to know what that button is.

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Steube looks like he should be hosting Monday Night Football

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

my man Greg wearing a three piece purple suit like the joker

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
... Did Steube just say "democrots"

e: yes, yes he did lol

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

eke out posted:

When did an npc from red dead 2 get elected to Congress?

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
lol nadler is such a poo poo chairman

edit: also lol at all the congresspeople who are loving 100% clueless about how actual congress and committees work

Sir Thats Gross
May 27, 2006
Look man, all we want to do is just taaaaaaaalk to the whistleblower.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

lol deutch asking what Steube meant by "New York lawyer"

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

idiotsavant posted:

lol nadler is such a poo poo chairman

I now know less about what "point of order" means in context of this type of hearing.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
What was the point of grilling Goldman over the cross referencing of phone numbers? Wouldn’t you always dig into who a criminal conspirator is talking to? I mean other than grandstanding about it. Goldman obviously didn’t want to answer.

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Phil Moscowitz posted:

What was the point of grilling Goldman over the cross referencing of phone numbers? Wouldn’t you always dig into who a criminal conspirator is talking to? I mean other than grandstanding about it. Goldman obviously didn’t want to answer.

Attacking the process to create the idea that the Democrats broke the law because something-something witch hunt ignore the actual crimes exposed here.

eke out
Feb 24, 2013

Phil Moscowitz posted:

because they're incredibly butthurt that Devin Nunes got caught? and, apparently, they think that someone "gave an order" to figure out who was associated with what phone number, which is absolutely baffling

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

LtStorm posted:

I now know less about what "point of order" means in context of this type of hearing.

Point of order/call to question/parlimentary inquiry are all part of the various mechanics used to run and manage formal meetings like these. Recognizing speakers, yielding time, it's all nuts and bolts stuff. It's hilarious because a point of order is generally going to be something relatively limited - afaik it's for when something is mechanically out of line, and is definitely not for "I think the chairman is a big meany". These are some basic loving details that all these congresspeople should mostly know if they weren't dumb as rocks.

lollllllllllll "can I just have 5 seconds" goddamn these people are so STUPID

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

I love the multimedia aspect of using a big TV to play a second long clip of Cheeto Benito saying, "We're fighting all of the subpoenas!"

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
There is something comforting in hearing Goldman explicitly, by using factual statements, shoot down republican talking points. Even if it doesn't matter, it's still nice.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

eke out posted:

because they're incredibly butthurt that Devin Nunes got caught? and, apparently, they think that someone "gave an order" to figure out who was associated with what phone number, which is absolutely baffling

That's because in the Conservative mind think someone has to order to do things like this, because in their world none of them do anything like this without orders.

It's like any organization that has questionable morals or inner workings. You are encouraged to not dig into anything and to mind your own business.

Also one would think they want to give some payback for taking out one of theirs.

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat
Castor running out of steam pretty quickly here.

Kind of weird though that he's apparently allowed to making a statement when he is supposed to be a witness...?

I... is he using the fact that Ukrainians were apparently uncomfortable with publicly announcing what Trump wanted them to as evidence that we have no idea what Zelensky would say, which... means... what, exactly? :psyduck:

E-flat fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Dec 10, 2019

brae
Feb 2, 2006
Oops. Looks like giving Castor free time to reply might not have been the best choice. He's just rambling.

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

brae posted:

Oops. Looks like giving Castor free time to reply might not have been the best choice. He's just rambling.

And bringing up unprompted the CNN interview that was a key part of the quid quo pro. Yep.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000

E-flat posted:

Castor running out of steam pretty quickly here.

Kind of weird though that he's apparently allowed to making a statement when he is supposed to be a witness...?

Each congressmember gets 5 minutes to mostly use however they want, including to let Castor mumble on about who-loving-knows for most of it

ummel
Jun 17, 2002

<3 Lowtax

Fun Shoe
Holy poo poo, is this still going? I thought it would end at 5 or 6.

idiotsavant
Jun 4, 2000
iirc this committee has like 70 members or some poo poo

LtStorm
Aug 8, 2010

ummel posted:

Holy poo poo, is this still going? I thought it would end at 5 or 6.

It goes until everyone is out of questions or bloviations.

zonohedron
Aug 14, 2006

"I would say to Mr Reschenthaler [sp], if Democrats are just concerned that Trump will win, if that's the case, why does he need to cheat?" (that's Goldman, the majority witness)

E-flat
Jun 22, 2007

3-flat

LtStorm posted:

bloviations

My new favorite word.

If nothing else, at least all this will have resulted in me learning a new word.

e: Collins if you can't speak quickly articulately, then slow down to a speed at which you can.

E-flat fucked around with this message at 00:43 on Dec 10, 2019

Retro42
Jun 27, 2011

brae posted:

It’s the actions of an attorney who deep down KNOWS he had a poo poo day in court and is slapping a bandaid on it.

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

eke out posted:

the young navy guy who seemed like he was about to veer into blaming Soros was wearing this pin too

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
Articles of Impeachment to be introduced at 9 am est tomorrow, per CNN.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1204204321325359104?s=19

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
*ron paul it's happening dot gif*

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
I loving hate this reporter, it's well known that his "some members of congress" is the same 1-2 shithead conservative Dems, but here's the talking point: Dems are secretly scared of impeachment because voters will be mad!
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1204201739718713344?s=20

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

oxsnard posted:

I loving hate this reporter, it's well known that his "some members of congress" is the same 1-2 shithead conservative Dems, but here's the talking point: Dems are secretly scared of impeachment because voters will be mad!
https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/1204201739718713344?s=20

"I solemnly swear to preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States as long as it's not an inconvenience."

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Make no mistake, most of those new congressmen from red to blue districts are aware that they're in that role because middle class whites and especially women are sick of trump.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

oxsnard posted:

Make no mistake, most of those new congressmen from red to blue districts are aware that they're in that role because middle class whites and especially women are sick of trump.

this, its not for the right or even progressive reasons, but a ton of people hate trump and that will probably help alot in 2020 espcially if the senate makes it into a giant farce.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Well this is odd, predictit odds for.only 2 articles of impeachment passed skyrocketed this evening. Could be market liquidity issue or there's some inside knowledge, usually on a market that this busy it's the latter

https://www.predictit.org/markets/detail/5913/How-many-articles-of-impeachment-of-Trump-will-the-House-pass-by-3-31

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003
Well there it is, someone got their hands on news early. WaPo says 2 articles

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...eaking-news-bar

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.
https://twitter.com/washingtonpost/status/1204217814212644864

efb

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen
I thought there would have been at least 3.

The Lemondrop Dandy
Jun 7, 2007

If my memory serves me correctly...

Wedge Regret

BigBallChunkyTime posted:

I thought there would have been at least 3.

Same; worried that they're rushing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Not bribery?