Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Did two free 10-rolls and used up over a dozen tickets and got zilch. Took a risk and bought some Saint Quartz to supplement the few left that I had and did one more 10-roll.

Got rewarded an Abby for my spendthrift ways. Honestly I just really wanted a Berserker counter and she fits the bill nicely. Though I wouldn't be surprised if I've used up my luck for a little while now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Man the Gorgon Trio are hosed up.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

When is the next Foreigner servant, anyways?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Hokusai in less than a month, then MHXX on the second Summer 3 banner

that's it, only 3 so far and they're all limited servants

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

dogsicle posted:

Hokusai in less than a month, then MHXX on the second Summer 3 banner

that's it, only 3 so far and they're all limited servants

Hmmm...let me look up Hokusai then.

EDIT: Stat and skill wise, I like the evade, NP charge and buff/debuff, and though the anti-group NP wouldn't be as useful as a good ST for Berserker bosses it still has a place. Personally Hokusai's 'weird painter that becomes an ink demon' thing is less off-putting than 'Loli-Sothoth' wearing butterflies. So, guess I am waiting for less than a month!

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy
Foreigner is a bullshit class container. :colbert: Herc didn't die for this.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

J.A.B.C. posted:

Hmmm...let me look up Hokusai then.

EDIT: Stat and skill wise, I like the evade, NP charge and buff/debuff, and though the anti-group NP wouldn't be as useful as a good ST for Berserker bosses it still has a place. Personally Hokusai's 'weird painter that becomes an ink demon' thing is less off-putting than 'Loli-Sothoth' wearing butterflies. So, guess I am waiting for less than a month!

st bosses are gonna be rarer going forward and some zerker ones are also stacked enough that they can shred foreigners anyway. it's not a class you roll or take just for the zerker resist.

they're better treated as all-purpose attackers, which is also why abby ends up losing out to hokusai. she's ST so in most cases you can take a counter-class for better damage/performance, whereas hokusai can fight equally against multiple bosses at once (something the main 6 classes will often struggle to do, due to common counter-classes). her unique defense debuff means she can drop some pretty nice card damage on single targets too.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

dogsicle posted:

st bosses are gonna be rarer going forward and some zerker ones are also stacked enough that they can shred foreigners anyway. it's not a class you roll or take just for the zerker resist.

they're better treated as all-purpose attackers, which is also why abby ends up losing out to hokusai. she's ST so in most cases you can take a counter-class for better damage/performance, whereas hokusai can fight equally against multiple bosses at once (something the main 6 classes will often struggle to do, due to common counter-classes). her unique defense debuff means she can drop some pretty nice card damage on single targets too.

Kinda like how my Jalter is my all-purpose ST Incineratin' Machine.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yeah, avengers and rulers are the classic all-purpose damage classes. avengers moreso but there are some respectable offensive rulers out there

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Out of curiosity, without giving away too much, how close am I to the end of Salem? I don't think I've been rushing through it, but I'm only at Section 8 and it already seems like I'm getting near the finish line. Is that the case or do I still have a ways to go (like maybe I'm just halfway through or whatever)? Not that it matters much, just wondering.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sophism posted:

The Smoldusa and Gorgon interludes were heartwarming. I'm glad Euryale and Stheno welcomed both Medusa variants into their dysfunctional family without batting an eye. :kimchi:

Part of their backstory was that they willingly let themselves be eaten by Medusa-Gorgon, so it only fits.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Nick Biped posted:

Out of curiosity, without giving away too much, how close am I to the end of Salem? I don't think I've been rushing through it, but I'm only at Section 8 and it already seems like I'm getting near the finish line. Is that the case or do I still have a ways to go (like maybe I'm just halfway through or whatever)? Not that it matters much, just wondering.

Salem has 9 Sections + Epilogue.

Section 9 and Epilogue have 0 battles.

Cyouni
Sep 30, 2014

without love it cannot be seen

Nick Biped posted:

Final Knot is final battles.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

Pureauthor posted:

Salem has 9 Sections + Epilogue.

Section 9 and Epilogue have 0 battles.

Huh, so I really am close to the end. Short and sweet, but I can't help but be a little disappointed since I've been really liking it so far.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Roger Explosion posted:

Isn't it quaint how Gorgon thinks her snake hair, dank cave and boar-killing is comparable to the sanity-shattering, hope-devouring eldritch horrors of the singularities?

"This cavern is just like me, dark and evil. It can't wait to devour you and spit you our as an empty husk. Feel free to scream in fear, soil yourself, and beg for mercy!"

"Omigod your sneks are so loving cute I wanna pet them."

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost
Just freed up 3 slots from month long absentees. Post your fgo name here so I know who to accept.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The 'rank your favorite characters' thing has been updated to be current with JP if you feel like wasting an hour clicking on portraits. here's my top 10 as determined by science:

quote:

1: BB
2: Medb
3: Angra Mainyu
4: Astolfo
5: Yu Miaoyi
6: Quetzalcoatl
7: Yagyu Munenori
8: Jaguar Man
9: Suzuka Gozen
10: Shuten Douji

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Endorph posted:

The 'rank your favorite characters' thing has been updated to be current with JP if you feel like wasting an hour clicking on portraits. here's my top 10 as determined by science:

quote:

1: Meltlilith
2: Demon King Nobunaga
3: Ganesha
4: Kingprotea
5: Abigail Williams
6: BB (5*)
7: Kama
8: Mysterious Heroine XX
9: Nitocris
9: Circe
9: Queen of Sheba
9: Shuten Douji

Meanwhile my lowest ranked servant is Spartacus. :v:

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Do you have to have the Tumblr app or something? It keeps telling me there's nothing there when I click the link

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

quote:

1 Jeanne d'Arc (Alter)
2 Heracles
3 Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
4 Tamamo no Mae
5 Chloe von Einzbern
6 Illyasviel von Einzbern
7 Okita Souji
8 Tamamo no Mae (Lancer)
9 Tamamo Cat
10 Artoria Pendragon

not shocking results.

also not shocking was Mephistopheles in last

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

the_steve posted:

Do you have to have the Tumblr app or something? It keeps telling me there's nothing there when I click the link

If you're on mobile it will redirect you to their app, but if you set your browser to display the desktop version of the site you can get around that.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

That's where my top and bottom played out. Some spots are a little iffy since the algorithm apparently didn't like some of my ties but whatever.

Shiny777
Oct 29, 2011

YAMI WO KIRISAKU
OH DESIRE

The new top 30-ish for me. Kinda surprised by some of the ones who dropped out from top 10-ish to not even in the top 30 this time, but otherwise, yeah, looks about right. On the other end of it, Fergus managed to beat out the Mephistopheles/Phantom tie for last place this time.

Bakeneko
Jan 9, 2007

My results:

quote:

1. Asagami Fujino
2. Abigail Williams
3. Ryougi Shiki (Assassin)
4. Jack the Ripper
5. James Moriarty
6. Hijikata Toshizo
7. Sherlock Holmes
8. Oda Nobunaga
9. Mecha Eli-chan
10. Mysterious Heroine X (Alter)

I don’t know if there’s a separate one of these for NA, but I just avoided servants who haven’t been released here, Fujino excepted of course.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
All of you who are not down with the clown should be ashamed. :colbert:

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

I cannot partake as an anime-only watcher. :suicide101:

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I don't feel like doing it but Jeanne is the one true woman

YggdrasilTM
Nov 7, 2011

My results

quote:

1 Parvati
1 Kama
3 Leonardo da Vinci
4 Nikola Tesla
5 Altera
6 Xuanzang
7 King Hassan
8 Nightingale
9 Penthesilea
10 Oda Nobunaga (Berserker)
11 Angra Mainyu
12 Sessyoin Kiara
13 Abigail Williams
14 Salome
15 Gaius Julius Caesar
16 Cu Chulainn
17 Edward Teach
17 Francis Drake
19 Qin Liangyu
20 Enkidu
21 Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
22 Ryougi Shiki (Saber)
23 Arash
24 Oda Nobunaga
25 Mashu Kyrielight
26 Lakshmi Bai
27 Emiya
28 Beni Enma
29 Yagyu Munenori
30 Miyamoto Musashi

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

quote:

1. Artoria Pendragon
2. Artoria Pendragon (Alter)
3. Artoria Pendragon (Lily)
4. Artoria Pendragon (Archer)
5. Artoria Pendragon (Santa Alter)
6. Artoria Pendragon (Rider Alter)
7. Artoria Pendragon (Lancer)
8. Artoria Pendragon (Alter Lancer)
9. Mysterious Heroine X
10. Artoria Pendragon (Ruler)

Didn't even know that last one existed.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Hypocrisy posted:

Didn't even know that last one existed.

Look up their NP, it's a trip.

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.
Here's my list:

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Decided to do that favorite servants list thing, but I went by class instead of doing everything, here were my results:

Saber: Nero Bride
Archer: Jeanne d'Arc
Lancer: Ereshkigal
Rider: Ushi & Mordred tie.
Caster: Xuanzang
Assassin: Shuten Douji
Berserker: Tamamo Cat
Extra: Mash

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

This seems like a tedious way to do something that you could easily decide yourself, unless you're just not sure who your favorite servants are. I'm sure that I'll put folks like Holmes, Dante, and Karna ahead of almost everyone but each other and that they'd end up at the top in the end as a result (Holmes would probably get top position since I love his art and he's a fun character too).

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Any fans (or non-fans) of Sanson should take a look at Innocent (a BEAUTIFUL manga about the life of Charles Henry Sanson and his sister). One of my favorite 2018 reads.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Also it's super NSFW, but I do agree it's a fun manga

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

Ytlaya posted:

This seems like a tedious way to do something that you could easily decide yourself, unless you're just not sure who your favorite servants are. I'm sure that I'll put folks like Holmes, Dante, and Karna ahead of almost everyone but each other and that they'd end up at the top in the end as a result (Holmes would probably get top position since I love his art and he's a fun character too).

I think the point isn't much trying to figure out who your favorites/least favorites are, but rather seeing how the people in the middle compare to each other. For example, my top 10 ended up being the Tamamos, the Raikous, the Melts, and the Hokusais, in that order, which I knew to begin with, but while sorting I found myself putting William Tell and Arash above quite a few other Servants, simply because I realized I actually really like them while thinking it over.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

I just wanted to show off the many way raita tie at the top

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

serefin99 posted:

I think the point isn't much trying to figure out who your favorites/least favorites are, but rather seeing how the people in the middle compare to each other. For example, my top 10 ended up being the Tamamos, the Raikous, the Melts, and the Hokusais, in that order, which I knew to begin with, but while sorting I found myself putting William Tell and Arash above quite a few other Servants, simply because I realized I actually really like them while thinking it over.

Around the middle just I had a long list of ties, since I simply clicked tie for the Servants I didn't feel strongly for one way or the other.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The results are finally in for me

1. Medusa
2. Summer Salter
3. Medea
4. Musashi
5. Osakabehime
6. Summer Jalter
7. Jalter
8. Summer Nero