Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Something Awful has always been notorious for being transgressive and bucking the status quo. I’m glad the mods are continuing this proud tradition by getting rid of the people who refuse to stop denigrating trans people like some furious old conservative grandpa.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pick posted:

god and what the hell is the imp zone. that can't also be drugs... can it?

That one is just ironic shitposting about video games. Like taking the gamer stereotype seriously (ironically.) They don't say gamer words, and I tried too hard to fit in there.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

So like an ironic YCS?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Also it appears we have two football forums?? :psyduck:

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Pick posted:

Also it appears we have two football forums?? :psyduck:

well duh there's two kinds of football

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
One is for real football and one is for pretend football.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Football, or as I like to call it, checker orb

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
one is for handegg huehuehue

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Funky See Funky Do posted:

One is for real football and one is for pretend football.

I've been here ten years and I'm just starting to look at this place

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
yikes

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu

StandardVC10 posted:

There is only one type of football my goon, the other is a lie using a misnomer. loving handegg.

E: gently caress! How was I beaten to this dead horse?

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"

StandardVC10 posted:

Yeah, the good kind and the bad kind

Araenna
Dec 27, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Ghostlight posted:

looks like this retiarius has retired.

i just wanted you to know i appreciated this

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
The Brits and the Americans do a lot of similar but different things, and the differences are fairly pretty meaningless.

That said, the greatest musical ever is Cats. And it is 100% American.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I'm supes jazzed for Cats. Can't wait to see those little cats running around singing. It's one of the only things that doesn't seem cynical to me, it's too bizarre. It's like god gave it to us.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I know it could only be seasonal like the paranormal forum but if we could have an Andrew Lloyd Webber subforum for like ooooone week I think that would really give us a chance to appreciate the holidays in the spirit that jesus et al. intended

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Pick posted:

I know it could only be seasonal like the paranormal forum but if we could have an Andrew Lloyd Webber subforum for like ooooone week I think that would really give us a chance to appreciate the holidays in the spirit that jesus et al. intended

The paranormal forum being "seasonal" is merely another cover story

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
Cumshitter I believed in you but this wrong opinion re:musicals you have is an arrow through the heart

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Look just because Memory is incredible doesn't mean Cats is good

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Xarbala posted:

Look just because Memory is incredible doesn't mean Cats is good

Memory is the worst part of Cats. the best part of Cats is that people forget there's an orgy scene.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's like giving someone star baker because they had a standout signature bake despite coming in last in the technicals and completely missing the brief for the showstopper

Pick posted:

Memory is the worst part of Cats. the best part of Cats is that people forget there's an orgy scene.

god DAMMIT

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat is clearly the best ALW musical. It's fun to watch and fun to perform. Memorizing this was a delight:

It was red and yellow and green and brown
And scarlet and black and ochre and peach
And ruby and olive and violet and fawn
And lilac and gold and chocolate and mauve
And cream and crimson and silver and rose
And azure and lemon and russet and grey
And purple and white and pink and orange
And red and yellow and green and brown and blue!

Best. Song. Evah.

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
God dammit. I was hoping some idiot Brexiteer would point out how Weber was British so I could blame Cats on the limeys.

Anyway I lied, Starlight Express is the best musical. And it is also 100% American.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
You'd think a big cat orgy would be memorable but it's just too weird and people's brains reject it. what's amazing though is sure, sort of like how people forget Wicked loving sucks, people would forget, except Cats ran for 29 years or some poo poo and these cats were having orgies every time. for twenty nine years. like that's actually a shitload of cats!

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
evidence:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEWl8PmIcp8

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i thought it was catnip

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
I have a special hatred for Cats because my extremely manipulative grandmother tricked me into going to it.

She called up my mother and told her that my uncle, who was kind of a crazy loner who grew his own pot and once drew a gun on his mailman, thought it would be really nice if he took us to Cats for his birthday. Then she called up my uncle and told him that me and my mother really wanted to take him to Cats for his birthday

We got to the intermission and we were all standing there in a triangle telling each other how much we liked Cats, only to realize that we all hated it and had been tricked. And that we were all idiots for falling for my grandma's extremely stupid lie. Then we just went and got some food and laughed about all the weirdo Cats cast members running through the audience.

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

Wicked does suck, but it at least stopped Phantom of the Opera from being played 24/7.

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu
Little shop or rocky horror are the best musicals and I cant decide between them

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Igotadigbick posted:

Little shop or rocky horror are the best musicals and I cant decide between them

Little Shop when you're alone, Rocky with an audience.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

I have a special hatred for Cats because my extremely manipulative grandmother tricked me into going to it.

She called up my mother and told her that my uncle, who was kind of a crazy loner who grew his own pot and once drew a gun on his mailman, thought it would be really nice if he took us to Cats for his birthday. Then she called up my uncle and told him that me and my mother really wanted to take him to Cats for his birthday

We got to the intermission and we were all standing there in a triangle telling each other how much we liked Cats, only to realize that we all hated it and had been tricked. And that we were all idiots for falling for my grandma's extremely stupid lie. Then we just went and got some food and laughed about all the weirdo Cats cast members running through the audience.

this is actually a step towards self-actualization. impressive. most people don't make it out of plato's cat humping cave so they get stuck ^^ as seen above

DiscoWitch
Oct 16, 2009

uwu

cumshitter posted:

My faith in you has been restored!

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Pick posted:

this is actually a step towards self-actualization. impressive. most people don't make it out of plato's cat humping cave so they get stuck ^^ as seen above

Plato's cave is just you, bent over a table, watching the shadow of a cat loving an rear end and being so desensitized and unaware that you don't realize it's your rear end being hosed in the shadow.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

cumshitter posted:

Plato's cave is just you, bent over a table, watching the shadow of a cat loving an rear end and being so desensitized and unaware that you don't realize it's your rear end being hosed in the shadow.

yep dat's Cats

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I saw Cats when I went to New York when I was 11 and loved every moment of it and thought the Cat makeup was really cool and I really wanted to meet the actors (Catctors?) after the show and dreamt about dancing and singing with the Cats for months afterwards

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

cumshitter posted:

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Hedrigall posted:

I saw Cats when I went to New York when I was 11 and loved every moment of it and thought the Cat makeup was really cool and I really wanted to meet the actors (Catctors?) after the show and dreamt about dancing and singing with the Cats for months afterwards

I just want to say I genuinely appreciate your pure love for big cats

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

cumshitter posted:

God dammit. I was hoping some idiot Brexiteer would point out how Weber was British so I could blame Cats on the limeys.
ts eliot was also a limer.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Hedrigall posted:

the least shocking confession in the history of the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Hedrigall posted:

Very formative year, the eleventh.