Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Madkal posted:

Just a reminder that Cassandra Cain (the Asian girl in the poster) is supposed to be a highly trained martial arts assassin who can go toe to toe with Batman. I am sure everyone figured that out from the posters.

The Wikipedia has this plot synopsis

quote:

Since the events of Suicide Squad, Harley Quinn has left the Joker. When Roman Sionis aka Black Mask, a narcissistic crime lord, places a hit on a young girl named Cassandra Cain, Gotham City turns upside down looking for her. Harley joins forces with Black Canary, Huntress, and Renee Montoya to protect the girl and to take Sionis down.

So I assumed that was going to be the twist. Those four team up to save the helpless little girl(each with their own secret motivations of course), and then twist, she's Cassandra loving Cain, and then they aren't trying to save her so much as trying to manage a mute super murderer.

But then I watched the trailer and clearly that's not what happens. So I'm back to having no idea what the movie is about and now also wondering why they called that character Cassandra Cain

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

From a blue laser in the sky to green lightning in the sky.

Is this progress?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

The trailer looks pretty serious.
I hate to be a sourpuss but I just don't give two shits about Ghostbusters anymore.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

I am tired of Finn Wolfhard

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

zenintrude posted:

lmao @ Finn Wolfhard being eternally stuck in the awkward looking phase, meanwhile while Caleb McLaughlin looks he's pushing 30 and about to take on his first screen role playing a father

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

zenintrude posted:

Whenever I see him in things now, I just see Timothée Chalamet before he drank the Stefan Urquelle formula from Family Matters.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dillbag posted:

lmao @ Finn Wolfhard being eternally stuck in the awkward looking phase, meanwhile while Caleb McLaughlin looks he's pushing 30 and about to take on his first screen role playing a father

Is this just a Stranger Things thing? People also say Millie Bobby Brown looks 40.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The MSJ posted:

Is this just a Stranger Things thing? People also say Millie Bobby Brown looks 40.

Who says that? I mean, we know Drake doesn't.

Mustached5thGrader
Oct 1, 2011

My mother won't let me grow a goatee.
I’m glad they got rid of the girl Ghostbusters and now we have a ghostbusters with no jokes in the trailer and is about kids and Paul Rudd helping us rememberer the original movie

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

It's weird because like "The Ghostbusters franchised out and here's a new team in a new city" seems like the easiest thing in the world to do.

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

Waffleman_ posted:

It's weird because like "The Ghostbusters franchised out and here's a new team in a new city" seems like the easiest thing in the world to do.

It would also fit in with the politics of both movies.

Pretty sure it's how the video game ended, for what it's worth.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Was there an overdose of Finn wolf hard, I only know him in stranger things and the two It movies

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Was there an overdose of Finn wolf hard, I only know him in stranger things and the two It movies

"Finn wolf hard" sounds like something you shouldn't search for on Reddit without the NSFW filter on, lest you get some really disturbing Adventure Time fan art

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I can't speak for anyone else, but It and Stranger Things are both aggressively marketed in my area. The way the release/ad campaigns have synced up, it means I've gotten a lot of Finn Wolfhard over the last three years.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're also going for like similar nostalgia vibes which this also seems to be going for.

Poor boy's getting typecast as the viewer in the 80s. You hate to see it.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

He just needs to quickly transition into scriptwriting like that kid from Freaks and Geeks.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Honestly, if he did comedy, he could probably fill the Michael Cera niche really well. Kid's got loving amazing comic timing in the first IT movie.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Waffleman_ posted:

Then the movie would be pasted up as another Ghostbusters 2016 and it would land like a bag of cold sick.

Mustached5thGrader, did you ever see the trailer for the original Ghostbusters? There were drat few jokes in it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIQWaTUrCes

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Sony is playing it safe by removing female ghosbusters, comedy, and of course ghosts to ensure a Fresh score on RT and box office success.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I'd assume that trailer is very limited in what it shows. I get a 'nothing past the first half hour of pre-plot setup' vibe from it.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Like, I can picture them squeezing some kind of humor out of the premise but I'm certainly not expecting Harold Ramis and Bill Murray in their prime levels of comedy. But then who could top or even match that?

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

I hope that Ghostbusters 4: Ghostbuster Babies is good but I don't expect it to be.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

King Vidiot posted:

Like, I can picture them squeezing some kind of humor out of the premise but I'm certainly not expecting Harold Ramis and Bill Murray in their prime levels of comedy. But then who could top or even match that?

I'm not sure you can squeeze anything out of Harold Ramis at this point.

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Ectoplasm

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Just spores, mold and fungus

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

MikeJF posted:

I'd assume that trailer is very limited in what it shows. I get a 'nothing past the first half hour of pre-plot setup' vibe from it.

There is no way them racing the Ecto-1 around shooting stuff is in the first half hour of a movie that's going to take multiple scenes to get through finding and explaining what a ghost trap is.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Sir Kodiak posted:

There is no way them racing the Ecto-1 around shooting stuff is in the first half hour of a movie that's going to take multiple scenes to get through finding and explaining what a ghost trap is.

You can easily have them at that point (screwing around, not being successful) near the end of act 1.

30-45 minutes sounds pretty reasonable.

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006
I liked the first two when I was a kid. I liked the third one when I took my daughter to see it. I hope I like this one, too. Liking things rules.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

You can easily have them at that point (screwing around, not being successful) near the end of act 1.

You can do anything; it's a movie. But they pretty obviously won't because they want to savor every tiny reveal and thirty minutes isn't enough time if you're going to do that.

Sir Kodiak fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 10, 2019

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Inzombiac posted:

Yeah, the way it was showing them blowing up more of the town then a ghost made it look like the inevitable first-try screwup when the kids take it out on their own before the big returning stars arrive in town.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 10, 2019

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

https://twitter.com/BeardedGenius/status/1203085290946076675?s=20

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While that's kind of goofy its not like they try to hide the height difference in the movie. Unlike say, anything with Tom Cruise.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

muscles like this! posted:

While that's kind of goofy its not like they try to hide the height difference in the movie. Unlike say, anything with Tom Cruise.

Not a vanity move though, since it's a role based on an actual person.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Its weird that they did that because he doesn't really come across as this huge tall guy in the movie, Ray Romano is still taller than him in their scenes together.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Okay, but what's up with Pacino's backward shoes?

Ariza
Feb 8, 2006

Pacino got pigeon feet when he was in Scent of a Woman.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Is that why he's been screaming for the past twenty-five years?

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Forget his shoes, what the hell is going on with the proportions of his entire lower body?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

Forget his shoes, what the hell is going on with the proportions of his entire lower body?

He's just wearing a long coat, he'd probably look normal if it was shorter.

I'm confused why they bothered putting De Niro in lifts in the first place. Yeah, I know the real guy was taller but who cares? It's not like Sheeran was such a well-known public figure to the point where people would be taken out of the movie if he wasn't the right height. But I guess they did it for the same reason they gave him blue eyes.