Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guavanaut posted:

I preferred the original Broken Sword games.

I hear that you had to run past a goat to be allowed buy that newspaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

rumour has it Jezza will make white men double tap on TFL buses, so muslims can ride free
Labour is calling this policy jezya.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Necrothatcher posted:

I got told off by my canvassing partner for being too manipulative last night. There was a woman and her 8-year-old kid on the doorstep, who has some kind of condition that means they often have to go to A&E. I asked the kid if he liked waiting around for hours to be seen by a doctor, he said he hated it. I switched back to the Mum and went through Labour's NHS plans with her, as well as chatting about the picture of the boy on the floor.

Perhaps bringing the kid into the conversation was a biiiiit emotionally manipulative but hey, I'd like to see her vote anything other than Labour now.

You're trying to save her kid's life.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
of course

https://twitter.com/alexhern/status/1204363180144812035?s=20

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

You're trying to save her kid's life.

Fucken this. Be careful and don't be a dick but nothing you said was untrue and nothing you did was wrong

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider

KOGAHAZAN!! posted:

Bit of a gamble, people really don't like being manipulated. But if you got out of there without the mum giving you a bollocking for it I reckon you're safe.

Eh, all you have do is not look like :smug: , and that's more of a right wing thing.

Whoopsie that's a :can: but you will note I said more, based on right wing ideology being built around celebrating powerful idiots and protecting them from the consequences of their actions. I never said that we don't have smug idiots on the left.

Exhibit A: Me :smug:

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Should be fairly easy for Facebook to show the geo IP location to verify someone other than her accessed her account..

They would totally do that

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If you manage to do it without annoying the person on the doorstep it's fine, IMO. You're trying to look after their and the kid's welfare.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Stormzy made and then later apologised unreservedly for homophobic comments and has resolved to never say things like that again, therefore I stand by my comparable comments which were in no way homophobic!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

CyberPingu posted:

Should be fairly easy for Facebook to show the geo IP location to verify someone other than her accessed her account..

she also said she doesn't know anyone in leeds if you go into the article. anyway the woman who took the photo of her kid said she was a tory and is now voting labour

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Jose posted:

she also said she doesn't know anyone in leeds if you go into the article. anyway the woman who took the photo of her kid said she was a tory and is now voting labour

lmao really? source on that second bit?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Tesseraction posted:

https://twitter.com/Kevin_Maguire/status/1204301597070761985?s=20

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Keeping the ship steady! :shepface:

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

https://i.imgur.com/3HkW1xY.jpg

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Amazing. So callous they shed their own loving voters.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

to stop the racisme i shalle vote blue

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Just had a libdem posted leaflet arrive. The names on it don't correspond to either mine, or the guy who lived here before me, or his heirs and assigns!

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

loving hell woman be careful with this, do you want to kill yourself and stuff yourself into a duffle bag after exposing MI5's covert cyber ops :tinfoil:

Alt: RUSSIA :argh:

E: RE: The piss tape: Blairite moaning at a tory activist and expecting them not to play dirty tricks. Useful loving idiot.

RockyB fucked around with this message at 12:58 on Dec 10, 2019

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

To Hermione Dracona Potter,

Vote Lib Dem Pwetty Pwease :3333

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

I did a post that links to the Mirror interview and quotes some relevant bits refuting some of the lies.

Link

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Right but Bozza is now the 'brown people do all the work and then gently caress off where they came from' candidate.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Braggart posted:

I did a post that links to the Mirror interview and quotes some relevant bits refuting some of the lies.

Link

Ah, cheers. Interesting too, not just a Tory but a first-time Labour voter this Thursday.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Brown Moses is this a Russian hack or is it the good kind?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The bad kind of hack, i.e. Brown Moses.

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through

Braggart posted:

Stormzy made and then later apologised unreservedly for homophobic comments and has resolved to never say things like that again, therefore I stand by my comparable comments which were in no way homophobic!

Honestly that "depends on the context" response made my blood boil. Her comments about Joris being a real feminist just make me want to puke, like thinking about my 8th grade english teacher who told me she would never vote for a woman for president because they're too emotional.

Edit: the sole exception I'd allow is queer dating profiles but honestly then it's just tacky

mediaphage fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Dec 10, 2019

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

quote:

According to the researcher Marc Owen Jones, Pearson is “perhaps the most influential proponent of the faked floor theory”, although a tweet from the former England cricketer Kevin Pietersen sent to Piers Morgan may have been seen by more people as a one-off.

Having googled the phrase, I think actually Marc Owen Jones is actually the most influential proponent of the faked floor theory.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

mediaphage posted:

Honestly that "depends on the context" response made my blood boil. Her comments about Joris being a real feminist just make me want to puke, like thinking about my 8th grade english teacher who told me she would never vote for a woman for president because they're too emotional.

Sometimes the oppressed internalise the views of their oppressors. It's part of how the whole edifice works.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

She sucks so much

https://twitter.com/MollyMEP/status/1204364073917399040?s=19

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Look at that poo poo. Equating unions and corporations as a dig at Labour for considering the impact of their environment policy on jobs. Let's just shut down the bad industries and not worry about what happens to the workers. That always works out well!

NinpoEspiritoSanto
Oct 22, 2013

https://twitter.com/NinpoUK/status/1204370338655555584

Pro watch and yes it's my tweet idgaf it was created for Twitter length

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

Ah, cheers. Interesting too, not just a Tory but a first-time Labour voter this Thursday.

That's how you know she's lying. No one goes Tory to Labour, they all go Labour to Tory!

At least that's what I'm hearing :smug:

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I didn't realise Jon Ashworth was a collosal loving idiot who thinks it's fine to be mates with Tories.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Angepain posted:

People seem to be getting really mad about that baby photo, but there are still so many unanswered questions. E.g. that oxygen mask - it looks like the kind they'd use on someone much more seriously ill than the kid is supposed to be. Not to mention it doesn't even seem to be attached properly. I haven't seen anyone in the thread even try to address this. Seems to me we should start thinking about where this picture came from. Everyone's going to mock me for my brave questioning of these narratives, but think about it. Suppose the Russians were behind it?

Assuming this isn't a windup question, it was addressed numerous times. Check back to last night's posts.

CyberPingu posted:

I wouldn't bank on it. My geo IP address veers all over the place while I'm sat in my front room. Some days it's actually the town I live in, other days it's about 8 miles away, a couple of weeks ago it said Edinburgh and one glorious time it had me somewhere in Belgium.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

a pipe smoking dog posted:

I didn't realise Jon Ashworth was a collosal loving idiot who thinks it's fine to be mates with Tories.
Yeah he's a bellend and should really have just said "I was in despair of the polling but now the polls are tightening I'm back on the wagon" not just BANTA LADS

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Lol one of my mothers expat friend posted that 'my good friend is a senior ward sister...' balls, with added spicy momentum bashing, so I put her right, and got loads of diatribes from olds saying I need to accept Corbz is really evil, and all the 70s chestnuts. They have all since gone quite after the ex Pat's daughter weighed in saying I was right. Owned, go back to your copies of the Heil.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

a pipe smoking dog posted:

oh no my tory friend stabbed me in the back for personal gain who could have foreseen this?

what a wally

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Trickjaw posted:

Lol one of my mothers expat friend posted that 'my good friend is a senior ward sister...' balls, with added spicy momentum bashing, so I put her right, and got loads of diatribes from olds saying I need to accept Corbz is really evil, and all the 70s chestnuts. They have all since gone quite after the ex Pat's daughter weighed in saying I was right. Owned, go back to your copies of the Heil.

How on Earth does it propagate to people like that? They can't be copy pasting the message entirely on their own initiative. Are there secret right-wing forums where they encourage each other to perform false flag operations? Obviously yes, but is that what happened here?

:thunk:

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

She does.

Pretty sure all my home school yoghurt weaving woodcraft folk XR hippy idiot friends are voting Labour, though, so looking forward to her losing her deposit.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Assuming this isn't a windup question, it was addressed numerous times. Check back to last night's posts.

(he's taking the piss)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I wouldn't bank on it. My geo IP address veers all over the place while I'm sat in my front room. Some days it's actually the town I live in, other days it's about 8 miles away, a couple of weeks ago it said Edinburgh and one glorious time it had me somewhere in Belgium.

I meant if it was someone outside the UK.