Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Plank Walker posted:

did it ever occur to you that he wears the thing as a studied reminder that he does not want to ever fit in or be a loving suit

rofl who was it that said this? that dude from the verge or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
I'M STILL 27 AND DEPECHE MODE WILL ALWAYS BE COOL

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

mooyashi posted:

did like BDSM/goth just grip the world for a few years? i know a 40 y/o anthropology professor who still wears leather arm bands because he came of age around then

between that, punk, and the emo that grew out of punk, it was pretty ubiquitous in any antiauthoritarian set around that time. it'd been so laundered through various subcultures by that point though that it had lost the specifically bdsm connotations and a lot of young people adopted it just because it was transgressive

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

I really don’t have a good time even when I’m just around people smoking. start feeling sick and I just feel very out of it. I still can’t believe how much of a dork notch is. especially for saying this publicly.

if snoop invites you to smoke weed and it might make you die, you do it anyway you fuckin dweeb

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Ugato posted:

I really don’t have a good time even when I’m just around people smoking. start feeling sick and I just feel very out of it. I still can’t believe how much of a dork notch is. especially for saying this publicly.

if snoop invites you to smoke weed and it might make you die, you do it anyway you fuckin dweeb

Anyone who says they wouldn't love to get baked with Snoop and play Mario Kart for 6 hours is a loving liar, murder charge or no.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Azathoth posted:

between that, punk, and the emo that grew out of punk, it was pretty ubiquitous in any antiauthoritarian set around that time. it'd been so laundered through various subcultures by that point though that it had lost the specifically bdsm connotations and a lot of young people adopted it just because it was transgressive

hot take, but nothing to disagree with here

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
but still lol at that dude

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
People thought the gorilla channel was real

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

NightGyr posted:

People thought the gorilla channel was real

Listen, we WANTED the gorilla channel to be real. The world would be much better with a gorilla channel.

MaxieSatan
Oct 19, 2017

critical support for anarchists

Tulip posted:

Listen, we WANTED the gorilla channel to be real. The world would be much better with a gorilla channel.

Yeah, it's like how the real piss tape is inside your heart

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

mooyashi posted:

i mean if we're talking gaming "JOHN ROMERO IS GOING TO MAKE YOU HIS BITCH"

John Romero is turning into the troll face

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

MaxieSatan posted:

Yeah, it's like how the real piss tape is inside your heart

Look there's no actual evidence that David Cameron hosed a dead pig, and lots of reasons it was made up by a spurned Tory to slight him

But on the other hand he absolutely 100% without a doubt hosed that pig head

Spergin Morlock
Aug 8, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Plank Walker posted:

lmao imagine making enough money to redecorate your house to look like any store from the mall and picking sweet factory instead of spencers gifts

that was one of the features of the house when he bought it. as i recall it was the most expensive home on the US market when notch bought it

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I think Pluto streaming service made a real gorilla channel because of the demand

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

MikeCrotch posted:

Look there's no actual evidence that David Cameron hosed a dead pig, and lots of reasons it was made up by a spurned Tory to slight him

Given the crowd he was running with and the general depravity of the british upper class if the worst thing he did was loving a pig's head he is by comparison absolutely saintly

Agnostalgia
Dec 22, 2009

MikeCrotch posted:

wasn't there a photo

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Agnostalgia posted:

wasn't there a photo

Yeah but idk who's seen it

Team_q
Jul 30, 2007

Deedee mega doo do.

TheWeepingHorse
Nov 20, 2009

George W. Bush nominated Harriet Miers, his White House Counsel and former attorney in other matters, to the Supreme Court of the United States. Her nomination was considered an unmitigated disaster by both parties, in large part because she had no judicial experience, no elite schooling, and because she had never averred to being an originalist or strict constructionist.

The kerfuffle seems so quaint in retrospect.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mooyashi posted:

i imagine him nodding his head at the beginning of Blade being like "yes... YES"

blade is a god awful but at the same time hilariously good movie

I ate a poo poo load of dramamine and went to see Blade 2 and fell asleep 10 minutes in and snored the entire time.

my friend kept waking me up telling me to quit snoring what a dick

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

mooyashi posted:

I'M STILL 27 AND DEPECHE MODE WILL ALWAYS BE COOL

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

TheWeepingHorse posted:

George W. Bush nominated Harriet Miers, his White House Counsel and former attorney in other matters, to the Supreme Court of the United States. Her nomination was considered an unmitigated disaster by both parties, in large part because she had no judicial experience, no elite schooling, and because she had never averred to being an originalist or strict constructionist.

lol she'd get confirmed today with absolutely no hesitation by the republicans

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Hillary's 2 main attack lines on Trump being that he wasn't a real politician and he wasn't actually that rich

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

spacemang_spliff posted:

No she probably wouldn't because they want real psychos

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
hillary clinton

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
"What Happened? Hillary Clinton."

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

TheWeepingHorse posted:

I had a friend who believed Miers was a cover and set up to fail so Bush could then appoint a right wing hardliner.

Of course, this implies Bush was able to play 12-D chess, so I don't believe it.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

The belief in anybody playing 12D chess is a mix of "surely our systems of governance are able to withstand people laboriously hacking away at them" and "surely the best way to accomplish political goals is clever and not just persistence."

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

spacemang_spliff posted:

Yeah, the bombing the judicial questionnaire part of the concern wouldn't be an issue this time around, the cronyism wouldn't, and most of all the fact that Trump nominated her would basically be the end of the decision tree. The Frums etc. would still fret and I'm sure a lot of the rank and file would prefer a smarter/more capable regressive but they wouldn't want to step in front of the bus.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Black mirror did an episode about pig loving

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

Echo Chamber posted:

I had a friend who believed Miers was a cover and set up to fail so Bush could then appoint a right wing hardliner.

Of course, this implies Bush was able to play 12-D chess, so I don't believe it.

I think she was nominated so any other nominee would look better by comparison and people wouldn't think too much about approving them. Also everyone was so sick of talking about Miers that they didn't want to keep arguing about someone else. People said Bush was willing to admit his mistakes and he ended up looking good. And just because he officially nominated her doesn't mean he came up with the idea, just like he probably didn't come up with most of the stuff he did.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Milo and POTUS posted:

https://twitter.com/charltonbrooker/status/645743964377776128?s=19

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Spergin Morlock posted:

that was one of the features of the house when he bought it. as i recall it was the most expensive home on the US market when notch bought it

it was built for jay-z, beyonce and both of their entourages to live in but notch outbid them

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Milo and POTUS posted:

trying to get people to wach the show and being all "but NOT the very first episode"

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

One of the higher up people on the show had to release a statement saying that they were unaware of the pig loving rumors when they made the episode

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
david cameron legit put his wing wang in a hog tho

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

duz posted:

it was built for jay-z, beyonce and both of their entourages to live in but notch outbid them

lol

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

duz posted:

lol

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

And it's probably their best one

mooyashi posted:

trying to get people to wach the show and being all "but NOT the very first episode"

Hell no. That episode is a loving master class of dark comedy. An entire hour of a man coming to the slow realization that yes, indeed, he will have to gently caress a pig.

And be filmed while doing it. And having that footage broadcasted all over the world.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
cannot stop laughing at Minecraft House.
15 bathrooms