Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
I'd argue "anyone who refuses to be a mod/admin" on a general principle, but that could backfire too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Maybe I am just super :spergin: but I just don't even get FYAD anyway. I thought edgy ironic poo poo stopped being funny once one mentally aged past the teenage years.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Make all of us admins.

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
SA modship should be doled out in fifteen minute chunks of frantic activity and then you get a medal, like chernobyl liquidators

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

AngryRobotsInc posted:

Maybe I am just super :spergin: but I just don't even get FYAD anyway. I thought edgy ironic poo poo stopped being funny once one mentally aged past the teenage years.

cspam's usurped them as the home of laconic nihilist funnymen anyway

would still be a hoot if this debacle ended with the forums finally sinking and all of us being cast out into the nazi-infested wilderness

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

oldpainless posted:

While I appreciate all the going’s on lately, i noticed that several time mods mentioned that due to mod and admin work schedules and real life obligations things took time. Would it not be a good idea to remove them and instead use people without things that might get in the way of the site?

The people who have the time to moderate are the kind of people you don't want moderating

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Oxxidation posted:

would still be a hoot if this debacle ended with the forums finally sinking and all of us being cast out into the nazi-infested wilderness

It really wouldn't.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Oxxidation posted:

cspam's usurped them as the home of laconic nihilist funnymen anyway

:hmmyes:

If the FYAD refugees can't hack it in the rest of the forums, do they really deserve to be here?

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Solice Kirsk posted:

Make all of us admins.

my reign of terror will finally purge coupons of my enemies

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Glenn Quebec posted:

12/09/19

The SA December Massacre also FAUs autoban suicide. God drat
I got better

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FAU posted:

I got better

whatever you say, stupid newbie

Ichabod Tane
Oct 30, 2005

A most notable
coward, an infinite and endless liar, an hourly promise breaker, the owner of no one good quality.

https://youtu.be/_Ojd0BdtMBY?t=4

FAU posted:

I got better

Are you too deep into the internet or something friend? be well

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Glenn Quebec posted:

Are you too deep into the internet or something friend? be well
I posted about it earlier in this thread, but I was off one of my meds. So I mean literally, I got better. (Also I can re-reg my original account now, but I spent the only money I could budget for that on this one, so it'll be back around Christmas probably.)

Bad Wolf
Apr 7, 2007
Without evil there could be no good, so it must be good to be evil sometime !

oldpainless posted:

While I appreciate all the going’s on lately, i noticed that several time mods mentioned that due to mod and admin work schedules and real life obligations things took time. Would it not be a good idea to remove them and instead use people without things that might get in the way of the site?

So you want to find unemployed goons with no families who spend their entire day on the internet ? Nope, can't see that backfiring at all !

More like Old... Uhm... Yeah, I got nothing.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Bad Wolf posted:

So you want to find unemployed goons with no families who spend their entire day on the internet ? Nope, can't see that backfiring at all !

More like Old... Uhm... Yeah, I got nothing.

I feel like this is a disingenuous exaggeration of my original statement.

It can’t be all day because they have to go play video games at some point

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Literally nothing about these forums is so important it needs to get taken care of for good within 24 hours. This isn't an emergency room.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Why is Take a Hike a subforum of DIY?

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Malachite_Dragon posted:

That runs into the earlier problem of "who is actually trustworthy with mod buttons?".

I'm sure as poo poo not volunteering, I don't like having responsibility and given the buttons there's one poster I likely wouldn't be able to resist slapping at least once.

If elected mod my first act will be to give myself a sixer and my second will be to demod myself

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Bear Enthusiast
Mar 20, 2010

Maybe
You'll think of me
When you are all alone

ToxicFrog posted:

If elected mod my first act will be to give myself a sixer and my second will be to demod myself

Admins please do the needful.

What would the probe reason be?

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

ToxicFrog posted:

Mods can't demod themselves. You can't even autoban, because mods are allowed to use those thread tags.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
So let me get this straight:

1) FYAD became the Transphobe Zone.
2) some kind of meltdown by FAU.
3) FYAD gets shut down.

sounds like a win for the forums

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

oldpainless posted:

I mean honestly the kinds of people who have nothing to do but hang out on the forums at all hours probably aren't the kind of people you want to have power and responsibility.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

I'm turning on my monitor right now.

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie

Iron Crowned posted:

3) FYAD gets shut down.

A wonderful day for the many people with grudges against me. Seriously though I learned that I can't make decisions or post in QCS when I'm off my meds.

FAU
Dec 9, 2019

stupid newbie
Another fun thing about spending too much time online: managing to have earth's most pointless, embarrassing, and self-inflicted mental health episode on a dying internet forum.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FAU posted:

Another fun thing about spending too much time online: managing to have earth's most pointless, embarrassing, and self-inflicted mental health episode on a dying internet forum.

Lurk more.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
drat that is a lot of permas in the leper's colony over the past day and a half. Also bird mod banning like five ironic nazis in a nice row.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

Everything is different and I'm scared

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea

Malachite_Dragon posted:

FYAD is bad and shouldn't be brought back, imo.

seconded

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

drat that is a lot of permas in the leper's colony over the past day and a half. Also bird mod banning like five ironic nazis in a nice row.

Leper's Colony is a bloodbath.

Bird had quite the kill streak going.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
One of the reasons that this will probably take some time--and should--is that it's going to be coupled with a discussion, generally, of the forum's political space. SA has striven over the years to be apolitical but regardless of whether that was ever possible, it's not possible in many areas at this time. Expecting an answer to a major question like this within a matter is hours is not reasonable.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

Bear Enthusiast posted:

Admins please do the needful.

What would the probe reason be?

Hadn't thought that far ahead. I might just let my cat walk across the keyboard and enter that as the reason, she's never moderated a forum before and I think it would be a good experience for her.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

oldpainless posted:

I feel like this is a disingenuous exaggeration of my original statement.

It can’t be all day because they have to go play video games at some point

All moderator actions will be taken during WoW login queues

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

ToxicFrog posted:

Hadn't thought that far ahead. I might just let my cat walk across the keyboard and enter that as the reason, she's never moderated a forum before and I think it would be a good experience for her.

This guy introduced me to dinotopia and PC gaming when i was a kid let his cat be an admin

Nuns with Guns
Jul 23, 2010

It's fine.
Don't worry about it.

Iron Crowned posted:

3) FYAD gets shut down.

They had some chat thread going that got weird and mockthread-y about the serious trans issues discussion thread in TGRS and the posters that got especially bad were banned and permabanned while the mod that was in the thread was demodded. I kind of expect locking FYAD was at least partially done while the admins figure out if it's worth reopening and giving a new mod from the remaining pool of regulars or if there's even anyone free to police that stuff in FYAD.

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Pick posted:

One of the reasons that this will probably take some time--and should--is that it's going to be coupled with a discussion, generally, of the forum's political space. SA has striven over the years to be apolitical but regardless of whether that was ever possible, it's not possible in many areas at this time. Expecting an answer to a major question like this within a matter is hours is not reasonable.

The question is if explicit bigotry is allowed on the forums. It is not a hard question to answer

El_Elegante
Jul 3, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Biscuit Hider

Gum posted:

The question is if explicit bigotry is allowed on the forums. It is not a hard question to answer

Yeah but pick can’t write 1500 words on that topic.

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy

Gum posted:

:emptyquote:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Gum posted:

It is extremely difficult to gauge where those parameters are. The forums definitely haven't come to an answer about banal, everyday sexism and that's been a concern since I began posting in 09.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Pick posted:

It is extremely difficult to gauge where those parameters are.

It's extremely not. Jesus Christ, all of this is extremely easy if you have even a modicrum of empathy for trans posters.

And the question of everyday sexism is super easy too. Don't allow it!