Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I mean, I'd be stunned. Just maybe not in the way he wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Ugato posted:

I read this wrong at first and just thought it was an utterly bizarre pro-choice message. Not at analogy. (“The decision is not the landlord’s ... etc). A real fun moment on 2 hours’ sleep - “why the gently caress would it ever be your landlord’s decision”

Because if you choose to have the baby that's another tenant and technically it breaks your lease.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

fisting by many posted:

It probably won't if people learned from Shut The gently caress Up TERF (that twitter will ban people for saying that rather than the bigots who have to be told that)

The main image i've seen for that meme does involve a character pointing a gun at the viewer, which might have more to do with twitters moderation than the language used.

Oddhair
Mar 21, 2004

Push El Burrito posted:

This thread hinted at the existence of someone who doesn't care for Bel Big Devoe and this is what you're all upset about?!

It's like Millie Bobby Brown said, "It's their prerogative!"

wizzardstaff
Apr 6, 2018

Zorch! Splat! Pow!
https://twitter.com/DaveMilbo/status/1204147550770454528

David is not the idiot.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Going to create a series of communes in Disney's Burbank lot so that the people have direct democractic control over their movies.

We expect Disney to respect our wishes and are excited to work with them as partners.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Ugato posted:

I read this wrong at first and just thought it was an utterly bizarre pro-choice message. Not at analogy. (“The decision is not the landlord’s ... etc). A real fun moment on 2 hours’ sleep - “why the gently caress would it ever be your landlord’s decision”

Landlords would probably love to kick people with newborns out tho

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

fisting by many posted:

I don't mean this to disparage K-Pop, because I know it's enjoyed by people of all ages.

But the loud and obnoxious k-stan twitter are largely comprised of preteens who literally have not yet learned how to communicate with people. That's why they're so, well, that.

There are plenty of well-adjusted k-pop fans who you just don't see.

And they aren't any of the thirty year old women who I know who are horribly into kpop and write real person fanfiction about them loving each other.

Clerical Terrors
Apr 24, 2016

I'm so tired, I'm so very tired
https://twitter.com/izzysmh/status/1204223495774855168

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

nerdz posted:

Landlords would probably love to kick people with newborns out tho

Yeah I was going to say that's got to be a question that comes up a heckin lot

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

Clicked through to this persons twitter and eventually found people arguing if a 17 year old dating a 16 year old is a pedophile.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Push El Burrito posted:

This thread hinted at the existence of someone who doesn't care for Bel Big Devoe and this is what you're all upset about?!

This thread is poison

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

One More Fat Nerd posted:

Clicked through to this persons twitter and eventually found people arguing if a 17 year old dating a 16 year old is a pedophile.

That thread made its way into my stream. I stopped reading when someone commented about how they dated an 11 yo when they were seventeen.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

hawowanlawow posted:

a bunch of groups trying to dress and sound like little girls because their corporate overlords know the fans want to gently caress little girls is actually vile and gross and should be repulsive to a well adjusted person

I agree, but what does that have to do with kpop

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

hawowanlawow posted:

a bunch of groups trying to dress and sound like little girls because their corporate overlords know the fans want to gently caress little girls is actually vile and gross and should be repulsive to a well adjusted person

I thought Kpop was mostly enjoyed by young girls who like boys who look like other teenage girls?

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ReidRansom posted:

I thought Kpop was mostly enjoyed by young girls who like boys who look like other teenage girls?

In my experience, it's thirty year old women who perv over underage-looking boys.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

ReidRansom posted:

https://youtu.be/WDswiT87oo8?t=63

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Midnight Voyager posted:

And they aren't any of the thirty year old women who I know who are horribly into kpop and write real person fanfiction about them loving each other.

On Ao3 there are 106420 works about BTS a group that's been around since mostly 2015/16.

There are 221371 works about Harry Potter, a franchise that's been around for 22 years and was/is the biggest thing in pop culture for a straight decade.

So

Harry Potter: about 10k fanfics a year
BTS: 27k fanfics a year.

The culture wars are coming, a new challenger approaches.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

There must be some way to harness that for good

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

erm... actually thieves should be summarily executed
We could burn them all for energy

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Flat Earth memes are my favorite memes.
https://twitter.com/conspiraboomers/status/1204501409112174594?s=20

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Both of those egg posts made it to my Facebook feed so hooray for cross-platform disgust.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/egavactip/status/1204499375843610625?s=19

op is not the idiot

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Water: famous for being completely rigid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Fister Roboto posted:

Water: famous for being completely rigid.

At certain temperatures that's true.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/TrumpWarRoom/status/1204503645607333888

E: https://twitter.com/BorisJohnson/status/1204152954934177792

Pththya-lyi has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Dec 10, 2019

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

Found this gem in the comments:

https://twitter.com/MadAlice10_6_2/status/1204343079018233856

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
The period blood is stored in the women's balls.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Further down the thread it's shown that zoomerclips is actually Baked Alaska dodging his permaban

Madkal
Feb 11, 2008

Fallen Rib

Push El Burrito posted:

The period blood is stored in the women's balls.

Use this knowledge to impress FEMALES!

Powered Descent
Jul 13, 2008

We haven't had that spirit here since 1969.

Mak0rz posted:

Still needs to just take the L though.

[Laughs in Chicagoan]

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Mak0rz posted:

Further down the thread it's shown that zoomerclips is actually Baked Alaska dodging his permaban

Of course it's not an actual Zoomer.(Zoomer is David Hogg's generation, right?)

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Takoluka posted:

I agree, but what does that have to do with kpop

Seriously, who exactly are they referring to? I mostly stay in the Korean hip hop lane, but I can't think of any group ever doing that.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

JT Smiley posted:

Seriously, who exactly are they referring to? I mostly stay in the Korean hip hop lane, but I can't think of any group ever doing that.

It definitely sounds like Japanese idol stuff, I don’t know about kpop.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on

Hahaha no loving way. This is a troll it HAS to be. Like, the concept alone of Trump being Thanos (good thing?) is hilarious enough but that specific frame and his "inevitable" line is like 3 seconds away from him getting owned like a dumb bitch.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

pentyne posted:

On Ao3 there are 106420 works about BTS a group that's been around since mostly 2015/16.

There are 221371 works about Harry Potter, a franchise that's been around for 22 years and was/is the biggest thing in pop culture for a straight decade.

So

Harry Potter: about 10k fanfics a year
BTS: 27k fanfics a year.

The culture wars are coming, a new challenger approaches.

Writing "fanfic" about actual real human beings always strikes me as deeply weird and invasive.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Patrick Spens posted:

Writing "fanfic" about actual real human beings always strikes me as deeply weird and invasive.

Back when my friends and I wrote fanfiction, it was basically all stories justifying why the Backstreet Boys would hook up with a group of middle schoolers. That didn't strike me as weird until years later.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Patrick Spens posted:

I was never really sure if it was actually weirder than regular fanfic or if it just feels weirder because we're not as used to it in that sphere.

We've been writing fiction about real people for ages, and that's clearly not weird as a concept. If it gets sexual... that does feel weird, but I think the only part of it that makes that weird is sharing it; sexual fantasies about real people are normal, it's when you start talking about it with others that gets weird. But then, we've also had a lot of sexual fiction about real people, it's just that they're usually people who've been dead for quite a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Recorded history is fan fiction