Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

OwlFancier posted:

Did they last election?

I certainly remember them endorsing the Lib Dems in 2010 and welp that turned out great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

josh04 posted:

The Guardian, despite the melts, will always endorse Labour. The problem is, they also keep the melts.

The Guardian has endorsed the Liberals and Lib Dems far more than they've endorsed Labour FYI

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

josh04 posted:

The Guardian, despite the melts, will always endorse Labour. The problem is, they also keep the melts.

they did succumb to terminal cleggamania

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
that's the shittiest endorsement I've ever seen

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Sometimes I remember how I had a Guardian subscription in college and lmao at myself

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

TACD posted:

Every time I log into Discord I get angry and confused because there are so many channels. Why does just the UK Goons Discord need like 20 different channels organised into three separate categories? :corsair:

I mean I will definitely be there on Thursday but I'll also be in the one IRC channel that's worked fine for us all these years thank you very much. Don't see why you young'uns got to make everything all fancy and flashy with your GIFs and emotes and whatnot.

It is the ancient way of Discord. None can understand it, and none can change it.

The private channel between me and my bff has five channels. Our family channel (I'm an honorary sister :D) has twenty. I've never seen a disc with more than two people that doesn't have double-digit channel numbers.

The Grauniad's piece is amazing lmao, they're so reluctant to endorse Jezza but they know he's the only game in town to stop Brexit.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

always thank the rock hider
So, er, are any of those who endorse Labour gonna address the fact that they've been calling it an institutionally antisemitic party? Are they now endorsing antisemitism or what's the deal memory hole?

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

OwlFancier posted:

Did they last election?

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/ng-interactive/2017/jun/02/the-guardian-view-on-our-vote-its-labour

It was the Independent, in 2015, who famously endorsed "more coalition???" for no real reason.

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Just to address this one point, there's a difference between being homeless (including "functionally homeless"), living in temporary accommodation, and rough sleeping, and only that last group don't live in homes. People trapped with their parents because they can't even afford a rental deposit let alone a mortgage, families with not enough bedrooms, and people sofa-surfing with friends are all still homeless, just obviously at varying degrees of priority for housing.

Out of interest do the statistics distinguish those who are living with their parents by choice or necessity (i.e. carer or requiring care) from those who are trapped because they cannot afford to move out?

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

https://twitter.com/SachaDierckx/status/1204487360873992194

Hungry
Jul 14, 2006

At this point the Guardian pisses me off more than the actual right wing toilet paper. I don't know why my parents still read it. Do they still platform transphobes, too?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

namesake posted:

I'm extremely happy about another hung parliament and another election maybe in the middle of next year.
I'm probably being ignorant here, but wouldn't this mean that if Jo refused a coalition (i.e. both Boris and Corbyn refused to step down, and so did she), that we could crash out on the 31st?

I mean if it was possible to redo the election in time that would be phenomenal because it would annihilate the Lib Dems.

OwlFancier posted:

I don't know how else to feel, every aspect of this society is telling me that it isn't for me. I'm just here to work and prop up everyone else. I'm not here to be a part of it. And I'd feel less insulted if they weren't so loving patronizing about it. If they didn't pretend like it was otherwise. It's one enormous insult made up of a thousand mindless platitudes.
God yes. This is so true for me as well. The nearest I've felt to being able to contribute to society is selling Amazon smut, which some people seem to find enjoyable enough that I get a bit of money every month from it.

I'd be useless at actually taking part in politics at most levels because I have no idea what the majority of people want. But unlike the Tories, I don't have the money to force my opinion on them regardless.

After the election would anyone be interested in contributing an essay to a free collection to be put up on Amazon? I can edit, do a nice looking cover and format it for Kindle.

Braggart posted:

So, er, are any of those who endorse Labour gonna address the fact that they've been calling it an institutionally antisemitic party? Are they now endorsing antisemitism or what's the deal memory hole?
We're all antisemitic down here georgie.

again, reference to a film thanks GCHQ

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

"For England, Jeremy?"

"No... for the many"

:newdanger:

Failed Imagineer fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Dec 10, 2019

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
had a huge lol at the giant “vote lib dem to stop brexit!!!!!!” on the front of the evening standard on my way thru the tube tonight but i fear people will believe that poo poo

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

"For England, Jeremy?"

"No... for the many"

he was trying to kill the financial sector before it was cool.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

double nine posted:

he was trying to kill the financial sector before it was cool.

it was always cool

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1204489602129702912?s=19

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

God yes. This is so true for me as well. The nearest I've felt to being able to contribute to society is selling Amazon smut, which some people seem to find enjoyable enough that I get a bit of money every month from it.

I'd be useless at actually taking part in politics at most levels because I have no idea what the majority of people want. But unlike the Tories, I don't have the money to force my opinion on them regardless.

After the election would anyone be interested in contributing an essay to a free collection to be put up on Amazon? I can edit, do a nice looking cover and format it for Kindle.

I feel like I'd do better talking to people who are at least in a comparable position but the opportunities to do so are so few.

What sort of essays are you wanting?

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

forkboy84 posted:

The Guardian has endorsed the Liberals and Lib Dems far more than they've endorsed Labour FYI

I mean not really

And the explicitly said vote Labour the last two elections - with some support for tactical lib dem voting in seats where they where second place to the Tories only

PST
Jul 5, 2012

If only Milliband had eaten a vegan sausage roll instead of a bacon sandwich, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Communist Thoughts posted:

well naturally, the libdems and TIG-CUK hosed it

its funny they still can't endorse them full throatedly, do other people remember how like literally every single issue corbyn labour stands for is something the guardian was calling for right up until it was a possibility?
Lib Dems have sent out 6 leaflets for York Outer, the majority claiming they're the only party that can beat the tories, all based on one bullshit poll

Con 29k
Lab 21k (with a 21 year old first time candidate)
Lib 5.9k

Con 26k
Lab 13k
Lib 6k

They didn't do well in the council or EU elections either, but they're just repeating the early lie of how somehow they're going to get 50% of the electorate to switch to them. If somehow they get both Tories and Labour to switch to them, yet Sturdy (one of the reason for Brexit as one of the MPs who wrote to cameron and never saw a poor person he didn't want to oppress) remains MP, then it's definitely their fault for lying.

Doccykins
Feb 21, 2006

jabby posted:

The funniest part of the Ashworth story is that all the centrist melts lost their poo poo when Pidcock said she could never be friends with a Tory, and now his Tory friend has completely betrayed him for a few hours of negative press about Labour.

i hope she dines out on this for the entirety of the next parliament

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Lol did we really have february and october elections in 1974?

Couldn't we have had something else instead?

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

Braggart posted:

Sweep it quietly under the rug, just say "Yes Labour has problems but the others are worse", and pretend it was never such a big deal.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

I like how this meshes nicely with posh Tory politicians recently pretending to watch football to appear to be one of the workin class lads, yet somehow confusing Aston Villa /west ham/ Burnley

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/ToryFibs/status/1204489602129702912?s=19

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

Lol did we really have february and october elections in 1974?

Couldn't we have had something else instead?

Last labour minority government post election back when you could call an election a few months later to get that sweet sweet majority.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

kustomkarkommando posted:

Last labour minority government post election back when you could call an election a few months later to get that sweet sweet majority.

Oh yeah I can imagine why, just the dates are funny. When I think of political events happening in february and october that's not the first thing that comes to mind :v:

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 10, 2019

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

Failed Imagineer posted:

it was always cool

not when he got ambushed by someone with nothing but a cup of coffee he wasn't :colbert:

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

I have an idea. Kick whatever lass to the kerb, declare me your boyfriend, and imm come around for a nice xmas dinner.

mehall
Aug 27, 2010

thespaceinvader posted:

The 'past/now/future' video was probably my favourite out of the whole thing. You know the one with the guy in the silver jumpsuit with the electric shock collar or whatever it was?

That was the one that made me realise that they were really pushing for the youth vote.

If anyone knows where this video was, let me know, because I can't find it.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010
What is Corbyn's plan to deal with the residual Gammons

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Reduce the voting age to 16 and include EU citizens, also automatic registration.

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Well poo poo, now Bozza's gonna off him. I've seen your career, Sean Bean! You're like Dan Hodges except that I would quite like the consequences of your actions to be swapped.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Ash Crimson posted:

Don't worry, you're safe.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

Reduce the voting age to 16 and include EU citizens, also automatic registration.
while the tories are planning to introduce voter ids and redefining constituencies

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Ms Adequate posted:

Sweep it quietly under the rug, just say "Yes Labour has problems but the others are worse", and pretend it was never such a big deal.

Yes, I expect so too. What brave bastions of integrity we have for journalists amirite?

Braggart
Nov 10, 2011

Wiggly Wayne DDS posted:

while the tories are planning to introduce voter ids and redefining constituencies

The new under-25 rule: if a Tory thinks you look under 25 you can't vote.

But I have ID! :v:

Nope, sorry. I don't make the rules :smug:

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

mehall posted:

If anyone knows where this video was, let me know, because I can't find it.

I went back in my shitposting history just for you

https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1199225021119582208

Guardian really are going hard on the depressive 'Oh, if you HAVE to vote I suppose' thing today. But Sharpe is on our side I guess :getin:

E: Also I'm still not sure if the future one or this was the best
https://twitter.com/jeremycorbyn/status/1201522329421045760?s=20

Ash Crimson posted:

Gulags

RockyB fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Dec 10, 2019

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

I can maybe do some driving from 6 till 10 on Thursday, if my baby goes to sleep early and my wife is feeling well enough for me to go out. I won’t know until the time. Is this an offer worth making to my clp or just an annoying thing to keep track of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Depends how much your CLP already has available, ask them.