Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Cartoon Violence posted:

Also the nazis have chased away VG and Bird, I just learned.

Oh, great. Who does that leave us with? Just Smythe?

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, no one really thought FYAD was going to go away did they?

Given that they seem pretty hellbent on the “give me a complete lack of accountability or give me death” train I kinda did, yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

KM is poo poo talking the admins now, today rocks

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Also, this has been a really fun day. I haven't done one single thing of work while sitting here all day. I did drink coffee and got to tell one of my clients I don't work on their staff (I get to say that a lot actually), but other than that it's been researching my fantasy football line up for the playoffs and reading internet drama bombs.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Solice Kirsk posted:

I mean, no one really thought FYAD was going to go away did they?

Who now? Literally a Bird? Who is VG?

Presumably, admin Video Games.

Also save bird mod please.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/stats.php?statid=7&t_forumid=167#jump

FAU has skyrocketed in one day to Posting King of PYF

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Space Camp fuckup posted:

KM is poo poo talking the admins now, today rocks

Yeah, it’s weird how we’ve ended up with a solution that she is unhappy with given that she is pulling the strings of this whole website and all the admins dance to her tune.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
I think the two admins stepping down spells bad tidings for the people who they generally supported. This is a shame and Bird was my favorite admin.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ariong posted:

Yeah, it’s weird how we’ve ended up with a solution that she is unhappy with given that she is pulling the strings of this whole website and all the admins dance to her tune.

She will never be happy

AngryRobotsInc
Aug 2, 2011

Ariong posted:

This has nothing to do with anything going on, but your avatar is both hypnotic and unsettling.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Presumably, admin Video Games.

Also save bird mod please.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/stats.php?statid=7&t_forumid=167#jump

FAU has skyrocketed in one day to Posting King of PYF

lol, I was #1 for a time.

Hail to the king FAU

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

But hey, look on the bright side. This way we get to keep a forum that, I’ve been told, was good once. I’m sure it will be good again shortly.

She will never be happy

Are you one of those people with a weird hangup about KM? They’ve been coming out of the woodwork a lot lately.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Ariong posted:

Are you one of those people with a weird hangup about KM? They’ve been coming out of the woodwork a lot lately.

I think she's a very bad poster but I don't have anything personal against her, no.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Cartoon Violence posted:

Also the nazis have chased away VG and Bird, I just learned.

Source?

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
We still have Lowtax to admin for us

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
where the hell are you guys getting these updates

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Gone Fashing posted:

where the hell are you guys getting these updates

that's a great question

Queen Combat
Dec 29, 2017

Lipstick Apathy
Mods talking in other threads and/or off-site.

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
Well see you all at byobxp.com then

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

She will never be happy

People who make ultimatums and get their way aren't usually 100% content with the result and feel they could've gotten more. I don't know anything about KM other then a few FYADs were super furious over a Patreon she runs calling it "theft"

Who really knows but this forums has a storied history of mods growing more and more powerful, lashing out for petty reasons, and eventually causing an issue to blatant and severe they are forcibly removed and/or the admin team apologizes. EPW, Hondarider, BobbieWickam, Aatrek(special case but was a TVIV petty tyrant), the chicken AC/DC hadoken, the YLLS atkins cult, radium, loosechanj, grover, probably at least a half dozen others I can't remember.

The more active, the more emotionally involved the mod is the more likely it becomes they rule with absolute contempt for anyone ever disagreeing with them or their house rules.

Cartoon Violence
Oct 30, 2012

Stop being such goons, you CLODS!

KM said they stepped down, and it seems to be a result of the others on the team taking the side of the transphobes.

Edit: Also FYAD is pissed at KM all the time because she calls bigots out on being bigots and has a patreon.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

pentyne posted:

People who make ultimatums and get their way aren't usually 100% content with the result and feel they could've gotten more. I don't know anything about KM other then a few FYADs were super furious over a Patreon she runs calling it "theft"

Who really knows but this forums has a storied history of mods growing more and more powerful, lashing out for petty reasons, and eventually causing an issue to blatant and severe they are forcibly removed and/or the admin team apologizes. EPW, Hondarider, BobbieWickam, Aatrek(special case but was a TVIV petty tyrant), the chicken AC/DC hadoken, the YLLS atkins cult, radium, loosechanj, grover, probably at least a half dozen others I can't remember.

The more active, the more emotionally involved the mod is the more likely it becomes they rule with absolute contempt for anyone ever disagreeing with them or their house rules.

A) This is a weird post.

B) I’m pretty sure EPW stepped down because she got doxxed and weirdos were calling the place where she worked.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
What was LSD mods name

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pick posted:

What was LSD mods name

that was HondaRider

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Pick posted:

What was LSD mods name

HondaRider I think

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
HondaRider721 IIRC.

Goddamn why do I remember that.

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

Ariong posted:

B) I’m pretty sure EPW stepped down because she got doxxed and weirdos were calling the place where she worked.

oh gosh :gonk:

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
ive been here for half my drat life and i dont know who EPW is

Bogus Adventure
Jan 11, 2017

More like "Bulges Adventure"
Glad to get one last post in during the endtimes of SA.

Stroop There It Is
Mar 11, 2012

:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:
:stroop: :gaysper: :stroop:
:gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar::gengar:

Gone Fashing posted:

ive been here for half my drat life and i dont know who EPW is
eggplant wizard

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN
oh ok, that sounds familiar. thanks

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Ariong posted:

A) This is a weird post.

I thought they already knew where she worked, she had told her boss about it and he laughed it off and said don't worry, and she stepped down when they outed her on SA for her self published werewolf pesudo incest erotica. I know regular mods have been doxxed for just trying to enforce basic rules, I'm not aware of who they were.

Not all those mods were forced out, some just gave up and left after getting called out for lovely behavior. I'm only remembering the dramatic extis as retold every few months as part of the "remember when X happened"

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
is there a link to birb and video games being gone?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

can't believe even the mods turned out to not have spines

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

is there a link to birb and video games being gone?

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3906298&pagenumber=5&perpage=40#post500684776 she doesn't have an admin star anymore

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3905320&pagenumber=51&perpage=40#post500688542 neither does videogames

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

I thought LITERALLY A BIRD had a mod star and LITERALLY AN ADMIN had an admin star?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

i thought they already didn't have admin stars because of their custom moderator badges, i might be misremembering though

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

LAB never had an admin star, they created the account Literally An Admin that she adminned from.

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

Get bashed, platonist!

Bird’s mod account was separate from her admin account.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?s=&action=getinfo&userid=225118

https://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=40838

EDIT: Beaten but, yeah.

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
LITERALLY AN ADMIN still has the admin colors

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Turtlicious posted:

You really should read the nazi cum magic guy who stopped beating off and now makes six figures because of it.

I really am disappointed that this one hit during FYADerdammerung, because on any other day it would have had legs. I was particularly fond of his assertion that Gen X/millennials are the first generation to masturbate daily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

We still have Lowtax to admin for us

Out of all things to lol about in this thread I choose this one. Lol.