Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Unapologetic masculinity on display soyboys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Tubgoat
Jun 30, 2013

by sebmojo
:stonkhat:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

aware of dog
Nov 14, 2016
https://twitter.com/nathantbernard/status/1204429008928223233?s=21

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

So just how long would it take to watch the entire series of Family Guy anyways? I hope they have a lot of snacks (I don't hope that, and I hope they starve to death)

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

just gonna monetize Fox's work for my own dumb goals and also associate it wtih racism, i see no issues down the line

no way is tim renting out a theater for free

also whatever happened with tims equity start up thing? i thought they hosed up a filing or something so they had to restart?

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

the molyneux in the moon :anime:

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

IT'S NOT THE BEST CHOICE

IT'S SPACER'S CHOICE

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
dunno what's going on but apparently the gunmen ran into a kosher deli next to a jewish school

https://twitter.com/JohnConnolly_22/status/1204501332792614913?s=19
https://twitter.com/jdforward/status/1204501865087545344?s=19

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019

Holy poo poo

https://mobile.twitter.com/maplecrip/status/1204487669541031936

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
other weird rumors: shooters arrived in a uhaul truck, had pipe bombs, wearing black, and shot at the cops from a rooftop

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

I've seen reports that the shooting started in a nearby cemetery and the shooters may have set up an ambush for the cops and then fled to the building that houses the kosher deli as part of the shootout.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Could just as easily be a targeted antisemitic attack though.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
drug deal gone bad maybe

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

drug deal gone bad maybe

that doesn't usually result in sustained shooting at cops though

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Flavius Aetass posted:

that doesn't usually result in sustained shooting at cops though

There are apparently reports that it's a DEA sting gone wrong

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gum posted:

There are apparently reports that it's a DEA sting gone wrong

I honestly hope this is what it is

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

MizPiz posted:

Wasn't there another Mid-Atlantic city that had somethinglike this happen, except the guy the cops were going after was an informant?

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
hmm yesss i wonder

(now posted in the correct thread)

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pizza Segregationist
Jul 18, 2006

divabot posted:

hmm yesss i wonder

(now posted in the correct thread)

lmao

honestly I think this might be a leftest concern troll but it's pretty good either way

Gum
Mar 9, 2008

oho, a rapist
time to try this puppy out

Pizza Segregationist posted:

lmao

honestly I think this might be a leftest concern troll but it's pretty good either way

It 100% is and owns

TheBalor
Jun 18, 2001

Azathoth posted:

I've seen reports that the shooting started in a nearby cemetery and the shooters may have set up an ambush for the cops and then fled to the building that houses the kosher deli as part of the shootout.

Why in god's name would you ambush the cops? That's just a quick way to die.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

TheBalor posted:

Dunno seems like they've lasted a pretty long time so far

B-Rock452
Jan 6, 2005
:justflu:

MizPiz posted:

From what has been sent down through law enforcement channels this is what it looks like. Unclear if local law enforcement knew DEA was doing a sting but my experience has been they are a bunch of morons who think they are all tier 1 operators

Crow Buddy
Oct 30, 2019

Guillotines?!? We don't need no stinking guillotines!

TheBalor posted:

American_law_enforcement.txt

At a certain point the penalties start to loop back being an incentive to bid up.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

TheBalor posted:

When it happened, it's usually because someone had a beef with a particular cop.

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe
Little known fact but if you get a ten-cop kill streak the crimes overflow and loop back to 0, they have to let you go.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Skellybones posted:

Little known fact but if you get a ten-cop kill streak the crimes overflow and loop back to 0, they have to let you go.

those numbers are too low, if you kill 255 cops you're dead for sure, but if you kill one more it loops back to -256 cops killed which means they have to let you kill 257 more cops before they can charge you

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

The fact that the cops are being incredibly cagey with details right now makes me think they're afraid of another UPS highway style event getting spread in the news.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Hellsau posted:

those numbers are too low, if you kill 255 cops you're dead for sure, but if you kill one more it loops back to -256 cops killed which means they have to let you kill 257 more cops before they can charge you

There’s a potential lapd kill screen coming up, if you’re interested. Possible lapd kill screen coming up.

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I’m gonna be elated if we find out a bunch of cops slaughtered each other

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I’m gonna be elated if we find out a bunch of cops slaughtered each other

remember that Milwaukee dude who they murdered with his wife on fake drug charges and they claimed he'd managed to hit five of them with a sixshooter non-lethal cartoon cowboy style?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/MTVNEWS/status/1204510784598020098

:chloe:

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy
definitely enjoyed reading this lil vignette of our modern hellworld

quote:

My own transformation started when I switched into a new school in the middle of eighth grade.
A few weeks after I started going to my new school, I noticed that a bunch of the guys in my class were browsing a website called Reddit.
I liked Reddit so much that after around a month of lurking, I applied for a moderator position on r/dankmemes. Suddenly, I was looking at far-right memes 24/7, with an obligation to review 100 posts a day as a moderator. I was the person deciding whether to allow a meme onto the subreddit or keep it off. Every day, for hours on end, I had complete control of what content was allowed on r/dankmemes.
The alt-right’s appeal started to dissipate that summer, when I took a month-long technology break to go to sleepaway camp before the start of my ninth grade year.

Dixie Cretin Seaman has issued a correction as of 02:51 on Dec 11, 2019

A Big Fuckin Hornet
Nov 1, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Gum posted:

It 100% is and owns

theyre gonna feel silly when they remember about trots

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Dixie Cretin Seaman posted:

definitely enjoyed reading this lil vignette of our modern hellworld

this is like a childs version of the study that found as facebook usage went down so did hatecrimes

https://www.dw.com/en/facebook-usage-fueled-anti-refugee-attacks-in-germany-research-suggests/a-45182342

quote:

Their study also showed that in towns where social media usage was higher than average, there were commensurately more attacks on refugees. That pattern held in virtually any type of community, whether it was a big city or small town.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/StevenFulop/status/1204586860783325184?s=19

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
apparently a cop approached the uhaul truck (parked at the cemetery) as it was suspected to be linked to a murder over the weekend in bayonne, which is a few miles south. the shooters -- a man and a woman -- killed that cop and then attacked the kosher market.

i'd reckon the homicide over the weekend is related to them stealing the truck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bullfrog
Nov 5, 2012

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

apparently a cop approached the uhaul truck (parked at the cemetery) as it was suspected to be linked to a murder over the weekend in bayonne, which is a few miles south. the shooters -- a man and a woman -- killed that cop and then attacked the kosher market.

i'd reckon the homicide over the weekend is related to them stealing the truck

what in the frog fingers gently caress is going on