Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kunster
Dec 24, 2006

Wondering if there's gonna be a twitch stream/live event thingy for UK election time. Or, if I'm thinking out loud here, a chance for the Chapos to be on the same room as Immolations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

So, uh, podcasts

Any suggestions on a daily news brief type podcast? I've been listening to District Sentinel Radio for maybe a week after they had an advertising spot on Street Fight, and it seems okay, but I'm wondering if anyone has opinions or other options.

Organic Lube User
Apr 15, 2005

Goon Danton posted:

So, uh, podcasts

Any suggestions on a daily news brief type podcast? I've been listening to District Sentinel Radio for maybe a week after they had an advertising spot on Street Fight, and it seems okay, but I'm wondering if anyone has opinions or other options.

The Daily Zeitgeist is getting better lately. I rarely hear a lovely take from them, though it does happen occasionally. They've also recently started making 10-15 minute minisodes every day just talking about what's trending on Twitter at that moment.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

i'm guessing other spooks like omar katerji have signed it

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

gh0stpinballa posted:

i'm guessing other spooks like omar katerji have signed it

Eliot Higgins already tried snitching on Katie Halper to Rolling Stone so you should expect the entire twitter "moderate rebel" crew to pile on too.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Julian of Qanonymous offhandedly saying MKUltra is the same as QAnon on the cult brainwashing and deprogramming episode is some poo poo.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009
was mkultra ever been disclosed or was it somehow a major disappointment after years of media surrounding it?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Honest Thief posted:

was mkultra ever been disclosed or was it somehow a major disappointment after years of media surrounding it?

Yeah the records the CIA didn't destroy came out during the church committee in the 70s

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Mr Hootington posted:

Julian of Qanonymous offhandedly saying MKUltra is the same as QAnon on the cult brainwashing and deprogramming episode is some poo poo.

I mostly listen to Qanonymous for the fanfictions at this point

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Shipon posted:

60% of the people who talk about being anarchists and saying "die cis scum" are going to be republicans in 10 years

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I mostly listen to Qanonymous for the fanfictions at this point

Their latest one about Prince Andrew had me rolling.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

AnimeIsTrash posted:

Their latest one about Prince Andrew had me rolling.

Yeah I was getting mad at them yelling over the gory bits - dude those are the funniest parts. This is what the story is building towards.

https://twitter.com/gumby4christ/status/1204282235945402369?s=20

Pener Kropoopkin has issued a correction as of 18:10 on Dec 10, 2019

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

concluding ghost stories ep of brabant killers will be up later tonight and then we're chasing GLADIO for the episode after, you don't want to miss it folks

Suplex Liberace
Jan 18, 2012

^^ heck yes

Goon Danton posted:

Yeah the records the CIA didn't destroy came out during the church committee in the 70s

read Chaos it goes into MKULTRA and is very good

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

the best podcast is actually Car Talk

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

a fatguy baldspot posted:

the best podcast is actually Car Talk

:yeah:

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Honest Thief posted:

It is true and some new info resurfaced this year.

Julian comes off as a succ dem and is becoming irritating. Jake and travis are good.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Supposedly Julian is keeping the podcast grounded but really all he does is kill the fun before it starts getting good.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Supposedly Julian is keeping the podcast grounded but really all he does is kill the fun before it starts getting good.

It was a good couple of weeks when epstein happened and his brain snapped.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yeah I was getting mad at them yelling over the gory bits - dude those are the funniest parts. This is what the story is building towards.

Lol. Hope they get expelled from dsa for being liberals.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
which episodes of Episode One do I need to listen to to understand that rad poster someone made

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

Slanderer posted:

which episodes of Episode One do I need to listen to to understand that rad poster someone made

All of them

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

https://twitter.com/DionysusCeline/status/1204436744822767616?s=20

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
blumenthal did nothing wrong, ames did nothing wrong, taibbi sold out but he's still ok

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

anything featuring dr. yinz lubjiana or however the gently caress you spell that

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Shipon posted:

blumenthal did nothing wrong, ames did nothing wrong, taibbi sold out but he's still ok

they're all great journalists and that's all that matters in the end. Taibbi may have sold out but his recent articles about the liberal political class basically aligning themselves with the national security state to oust trump instead of trying to win an election has gotten him a ton of heat and has been spot on.

I was wondering if Useful Idiots was going to have Yang on since they Gabbard and Sanders on, and what do you know pops in my feed a few minutes later.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's just amazing that liberal crybabies' only move is to try and snitch to your boss to get you fired.

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe
it’s them telling on themselves; it’s the worst punishment they can imagine and hence their moral compass is driven by it

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

It's just amazing that liberal crybabies' only move is to try and snitch to your boss to get you fired.

It’s why they need to be sent to gulag.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Dreylad posted:

I was wondering if Useful Idiots was going to have Yang on since they Gabbard and Sanders on, and what do you know pops in my feed a few minutes later.

That was a pretty good interview. I’m not sold on UBI as a fix-all but he comes across as someone who sincerely wants to help people who are struggling, which is more than you can say for nearly all of the Democratic field.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Space Camp fuckup posted:

That was a pretty good interview. I’m not sold on UBI as a fix-all but he comes across as someone who sincerely wants to help people who are struggling, which is more than you can say for nearly all of the Democratic field.

Yang's beliefs are dumb, and not helpful, but he has them. He seems like a human being.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

The Liberal's Dilemma, in which your boss has done something heinous, but also you are your own boss

studio mujahideen
May 3, 2005

every post about yang always reads like someone just copied a 2008 ron paul post to me

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Victory Position posted:

The Liberal's Dilemma, in which your boss has done something heinous, but also you are your own boss

This probably works the same way you send emails to yourself as reminders, only you snitch on yourself and then reply to yourself saying you're looking into yourself.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Yang's beliefs are dumb, and not helpful, but he has them. He seems like a human being.

One thing that made me groan was he talked about UBI giving people the leverage to find a better landlord if their current one wasn’t up to their standards lol

I’m really loving fortunate that my wife and I were able to buy a home and it’s stunningly obvious that an extra grand a month is much more useful to people like us than people who rent. I see where he’s coming from sort of but there’s so much more you’d have to do to make sure UBI wasn’t just a landlord subsidy.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Varinn posted:

every post about yang always reads like someone just copied a 2008 ron paul post to me

bernie, gabbard, and yang (shut up, i'm leaving marianne out of this because she was just after a book deal and bernie is the good vibes candidate anyways) are the only candidates in the democratic field that are actually bringing something novel to the table. the rest of them are interchangeable monsters with no ethics and a looser grip on reality.

much like ron paul, everything that he's saying is dumb and not worth pursuing, but it's also not getting financially dominated by klobuchar

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
I would say Yang like Tulsi has acted to be a crank shield for Bernie. Making it so that the more extreme people the media could report in being “bro’s” are not showing up at Bernie rallies.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
yang unironically needs a blimp tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Bernie too